Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Wildrose

C2E Long Term Contributor

Danielle Smith provides more insight on the tire fire known as the Wildrose Party
    http://www.newstalk770.com/2016/06/10/129793/
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Long Term Contributor

Here's the blog she was referencing
    http://albertapoliticalinsiders.kobl...ing-roses.html
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Hard Core Contributor

One piece of information Nicky didn’t know, and which I revealed on my show today, was that it was at the 2014 AGM where I also discovered who was behind a nasty push poll that had been designed to suppress Wildrose support during the September byelections. A “poll” went out asking people to identify their support. When they identified as Wildrose they were played a message that went something like this: “Wildrose Leader Danielle Smith and some of her MLAs marched in Pride where men dressed in women’s underwear and danced in front of children. Is this consistent with your values?” The “poll” was targeted and designed to keep Wildrose voters from coming out to vote during the byelections and it worked: we lost all four seats. I thought it was done by one of our opponents. At the AGM I found out it was done by a Wildrose organizer supported by a Wildrose donor. The effort at the AGM to vote down the LGBTQ equality rights policy was apparently part of an effort to teach me a lesson for marching in Pride.
    I remember that well. At the time, the Tories issued a denial of involvement, which sounded convincing, but I still figured they were likely the ones behind it, as they had the most direct interest in pulling votes away from Wildrose.

But apparently it was part of an intra-party fratricide. Did Smith mention the name of the organizer or the donor on the show?

C2E SME

None of this is surprising at all. The "grassroots" of the Wildrose party are all about ideological purity, much like the Tea Party in the US, which also has a long history of eating it's own.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Tire fire? I thought Danielle was the person that crashed and burned. Her actions also helped contribute to the PC party's demise.

Hi
    An invitation to all Wildrose supporters in Edmonton. Lets all meet for coffee. E-mail [email protected]

Terrence

Wildrose leader Brian Jean is apologizing after he joked about beating Premier Rachel Notley during a town hall forum in Fort McMurray.

Jean made the comment Tuesday evening, when local seniors advocate Joan Furber complained about the quality of seniors’ care and housing in the city during a question and answer period.

“I’ve been beating this drum for 10, 11 years,” said Jean. “I will continue to beat it, I promise. But it’s against the law to beat Rachel Notley.”

Much of the audience laughed, while other corners of the room gasped in shock. Most members of the Wildrose caucus, who are meeting in Fort McMurray this week for caucus meetings, were scattered throughout the room.
    Given the sorts of issues that have tripped up the party in the past, there really isn't any excuse for Jean's lapse into questionable taste here. Avoiding this kind of thing should be foremost in his mind.

link

Yeah, there was no reason to make that remark even though it was probably tongue in cheek. When it's a slow news day stuff like that is gonna be published.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Notley is nothing but a Cry Bully. One and done

^ Far from acting like a "Cry Bully", I'd say Notley's response has been fairly measured...

link

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Say what you want about Notley, and I sure don't agree with her ideologically, but she is a pretty good politician. And she is a good public speaker. But at the end of the day she and her party will be judged by their policies. This carbon tax will blow up in their faces.

People certainly liked Notley enough to vote NDP into power. But Notley's party will get completely obliterated next election if unemployment remains high and everything goes up in price because of NDP decisions. Her only hope is a big spike in oil prices.

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    Say what you want about Notley, and I sure don't agree with her ideologically, but she is a pretty good politician. And she is a good public speaker. But at the end of the day she and her party will be judged by their policies. This carbon tax will blow up in their faces.
    I think that as well, she is a good politician, but her polices are very poor. People don't realize yet what a disaster this tax is going to be. Our electricity prices are going to skyrocket, and businesses are going to find they aren't competitive with the US where such taxes don't exist. And all for what? We are still hated in the rest of Canada by the eco - nuts, these taxes aren't going to make the oil sands less of a supposed "environmental catastrophe".

I think Jean knew he made a gaff soon after he said it. Can't un ring that bell. Now we have all these women activists having their say on it. The guy was trying for a bit of levity, it backfired big time. He feels bad about it, realized his mistake. Man, it's not the end of the world. Nobody actually got hurt. Just don't do it again.

Premier Notley accepts Wildrose leader's apology for beating comment.

After mulling it over, Notley said Thursday she was “bemused” more than anything,

It seems Notley would rather not focus on Jean’s comment.
    “Instead of talking about this, we need to be refocusing our efforts to do whatever we can to address the economic concerns we know many families are struggling with,” she said.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/poli...eating-comment

Say what you want about Notley but she is one classy broad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Premier Notley accepts Wildrose leader's apology for beating comment.

After mulling it over, Notley said Thursday she was “bemused” more than anything,

It seems Notley would rather not focus on Jean’s comment.
    “Instead of talking about this, we need to be refocusing our efforts to do whatever we can to address the economic concerns we know many families are struggling with,” she said.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/poli...eating-comment

Say what you want about Notley but she is one classy broad.
    I think that is partly true, its the classy move. But really the only politically smart thing to do is accept the apology and move on. For her to not accept it would look small, everyone who is fair minded sees that, only those with an axe to grind don't.

She should have just said if it wasn't against the law I would cut off his penis. Lol. Then everybody could laugh about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    She should have just said if it wasn't against the law I would cut off his penis. Lol. Then everybody could laugh about it.
    Jean said he had been beating on the drum for I believe seniors care for 11 years and then said If I could beat .... so your analogy isn't really the same. But it is another way to look at it. Jean made a real mistake and those close to him say that isn't him. End of the day the right does need to raise their game. Both the PCs and Wildrose have recent leaders who are women. Whole thing has been blown out of proportion.
    Last edited by 2cents; 04-09-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post

...Say what you want about Notley but she is one classy broad.
    You might want to choose your description of her a bit more carefully. Might even want to look up the slang definition.

C2E Continued Contributor

What the hell is the point of a carbon tax? How does that stop the other nations that are polluting? Stupidest thing ever. All the ndp know is how to tax.

I need a good government that will:

1. lower my taxes

2. Get tough on crime

3. Go after ISIS and these refugees.
    Stop illegal aliens! Enforce the LAW!

Carbon tax is a cash grab, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by hello lady View Post
    Carbon tax is a cash grab, nothing else.
    Yes, but from the NDP's perspective they really think it is necessary and is going to have the desired effect. Just shows their lack of business knowledge and experience. They are well-intentioned but way out of their league. The whole social license for pipelines is B.S. If they were honest they would just come out and say wind and solar is the future and we are keeping the dirty oil in the ground. A leopard can't change its spots.

Philips admits she was an anti-oil activist but that was a long time ago. It wasn't that long ago, explain how you have changed. She hasn't, the only change is that she is now the environment minister and as such she can't reveal her true beliefs. Sad but true.
    Last edited by 2cents; 05-09-2016 at 12:19 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345