Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Results 1,601 to 1,615 of 1615

Thread: Restaurant Patio Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    ? looks great.
    Agree, the RAM patio is awesome. Such a huge step up from before. Great stuff, just like the rest of the building.

C2E Long Term Contributor

One place that will NOT be having a patio is DOSC. That's because they are located on an upper level away from the street.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

^They could if they wanted, like Burger's Priest did.
    www.decl.org

State & Main patio gets a failing grade for the happy hour signs that are blocking people's views

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Wow... ha some would call that a "lifestyle image window banner".
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

I'd rather C2E than work!

^^ Re: DOSC.

Not the same. Burger's Preist is at street level. DOSC is up a flight of stairs.
    ... gobsmacked

I'd rather C2E than work!

I'm torn about that State & Main example. On one hand, it definitely blocks the view of a passerby looking at the people on the patio, but would it block much for the people on the patio? Unless you're sitting right against the partition you might not even mind it. Not that "not minding it" is the ideal state, but a patron would still get the patio experience while not being in quite as much of a fishbowl.

On the other hand, why sit on a patio on Jasper Ave if you want privacy at all. The patio should contribute to the human-level streetscape, not block it.

C2E SME

It's thoughtless and poorly implemented marketing. It makes absolutely no sense. Why have a glass patio? Just throw up a 2x4 fence and call it a day. I'd be willing to bet that whoever implemented that never thought for a second how it would impact their patrons. Get rid of the blue backgrounds and just use the white lettering. Is that so hard to figure out?

Golden hour last night from the new Metro Billiards patio. Even though it's built from what looks like a rental stage, it's better than you think.

https://twitter.com/chrisbuyze/statu...81173144256514
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
    ^^ Re: DOSC.

Not the same. Burger's Preist is at street level. DOSC is up a flight of stairs.
    Sorry I mean The Burg. The place that was there before before DOSC.
    www.decl.org

C2E SME

Given how massive their interior space is and how small the available patio space is, from a business perspective I can't see it making any sense for them to actively serve a patio. Sure, have a few tables outside for people to sit at after they grab a coffee or pastry inside, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.L View Post
    I'm torn about that State & Main example. On one hand, it definitely blocks the view of a passerby looking at the people on the patio, but would it block much for the people on the patio? Unless you're sitting right against the partition you might not even mind it. Not that "not minding it" is the ideal state, but a patron would still get the patio experience while not being in quite as much of a fishbowl.

On the other hand, why sit on a patio on Jasper Ave if you want privacy at all. The patio should contribute to the human-level streetscape, not block it.
    Excellent post. Agree with everything here. Patios should be somewhat interactive. That said there is a place for non interactive patio in sheltered places where people can have a nice patio outdoor experience in a quiet location. But on a main drag the patio should be interactive.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Given how close one of the problem 7-11s on Jasper is, I think interactions with the street are what triggered the change at State & Main.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

^nope. Marketing purposes. The Jasper Avenue glass does not have this treatment.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Ah. I avoid the area after a handful of truly terrible interactions with the locals getting off the bus there this winter, so I wasn't sure which side(s) they may be on. Fair enough!
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617