Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748
Results 4,701 to 4,753 of 4753

Thread: Stantec Tower | 250.8 m, 823', 69 floors | under construction

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    future mayor of Edmonton.
    I just threw up a bit...

Ken, you are telling us to marginalize our photos for your own convenience.

I made a huge update a month ago but didn't bother spreading the photos onto relevant threads. The update was in my own photo thread, no one bothered to comment. http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showt...n-photos-by-me
    Very few people look at the photo section of the forum.
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post

I made a huge update a month ago but didn't bother spreading the photos onto relevant threads. The update was in my own photo thread, no one bothered to comment. http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showt...n-photos-by-me
    there might only be 31 replies but that thread has had more than 7,600 views Thomas. i hardly think that’s marginalized...
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

ThomasH, just scrolled through that now and thoroughly enjoyed your photos, don't give up the effort and good work buddy!

C2E Continued Contributor

I’d say the photos section is a great place to create a personal thread. Personally, I’ve pondered doing it. I don’t care how many people acknowledge my shots though, I just want the people that do to be able to see them.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    ^

come on IanO... how is this a stantec tower under construction photo? are you afraid someone might miss it as your 5th photo in the one shot of edmonton per day thread?

just start a new thread already titled “IanO’s photo thread” and be done with it.
    Really Ken??? I'm surprised...

I think we all know that Ian is abusing the posting intent of this thread. Its ridiculous that Ian who is publicly known does not give a care. That "don't give a ****" attitude will come back to haunt him.

First One is Always Free

Quote Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
    I think we all know that Ian is abusing the posting intent of this thread. Its ridiculous that Ian who is publicly known does not give a care. That "don't give a ****" attitude will come back to haunt him.
    ohnoes his pics are infringing on the Internets! No way he'll live a guilt-free existence now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    ^

come on IanO... how is this a stantec tower under construction photo? are you afraid someone might miss it as your 5th photo in the one shot of edmonton per day thread?

just start a new thread already titled “IanO’s photo thread” and be done with it.
    Really Ken??? I'm surprised...
    I don’t think it was harsh criticism at all and nothing to get offended at. I’d personally want to know if my shots were starting to foster a negative sentiment here. I’d either stop, or find a tidy way to continue sharing without dominating the forum. Hence the idea of individual threads dedicated to people’s creativity.

Even though we don’t agree on almost any topic, I do really respect his high degree of civic pride, I am with Kenny boy here though and with it could all be organized. Less redundant photos, less duplication, less bandwidth destruction, more conversation. :P

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

there might only be 31 replies but that thread has had more than 7,600 views Thomas. i hardly think that’s marginalized...
    Quote Originally Posted by TRtower View Post
    ThomasH, just scrolled through that now and thoroughly enjoyed your photos, don't give up the effort and good work buddy!
    Hey, ThomasH, I'll second that - I had no idea that area existed so I also went thru the thread... won't be the last time, either !

You could start a new thread called Photos by IanO, future mayor of Edmonton.珞
    SLURP. want a tissue there bud?

I think the problem is that the pictures are over done/uploaded. It is uploaded daily with 2-5 pictures. Moderation is the key in anything; if you eat a steak every day, you would get board of that quite fast wouldn't you? It isn't where the shot was taken as Stantect was in the forefront of that picture deeming it valid. From photographic point of view, uploading once every week or 2 weeks is more than suffice from any individual. My enjoyment from different contributers is because i also enjoy their unique take on the view. That said, we dont really need pictures of the same thing everyday. Giving an object a time break allows us to see the difference construction has made; that is when those pictures are relevant and has impacts. IF YOU TAKE PICTURES, DO IT FOR THE PASSION; you shouldn't expect anything in return. With that in mind, thank you to all those that put in great efforts with your pictures, so lets not fight over petty shi-ot or behave in, literally, child-like manners. Im sure there is a happy medium if we just stop the ego crap! Just compromise folks.

Now, back to Stantec. I really like the way they cladded and hlazed this tower. It appears as if there are two different buildings from various angles which I alluded to during render conceptions. The tower is really fantastic. Off topic, im really excited to see how Aldritt tower along with Other taller proposals within the direct core will complinent this tower. The Next ten years will show where our direction will truly go- especially without Oilsand construction boom. It would be nice to have a fresh look skyline come 2026 World Cup Soccer. It would make a great optical postcard.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

C2E Long Term Contributor

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Quote Originally Posted by J&L plus 2 Cats View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Don't sweat the small stuff folks. It is a shot of Stantec U/C and its new and significant impact on our Skyline.
    I would love an all IanO photo thread, a lot of your photos have inspired my wife and I to go and find the locations you shoot from and we have found more wonderful things in this city because of them. If the CofE had you as the media director promoting Edmonton with some of the photos you have taken we would have more appeal to the world. Curiosity brings people in and many of your photos make me curious as to where and what. Thanks for them all.
    Thank you and cheers.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

You could start a new thread called Photos by IanO, future mayor of Edmonton.🤗
    Highfive
    www.decl.org

I'm sorry, posting posts in a posting thread is kinda what you do.
    www.decl.org

I'm sorry, posting posts in a posting thread is kinda what you do.
    I am not looking to make the Guinness records for most posts or seeking public office or a looking for work. How about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    This post has no place in this argument!

@ianoyeg
    Thanks Ian, nice shot showing how this tower is changing our skyline.

For the rest of you spending 40 or 50 posts complaining about how photos of the topic are somehow harming the thread?! I think you broke my irony meter.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Nothing better then reading bitter peoples attack posts on a site about construction of a building. Woohoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Turnbull View Post
    Thanks Ian, nice shot showing how this tower is changing our skyline.

For the rest of you spending 40 or 50 posts complaining about how photos of the topic are somehow harming the thread?! I think you broke my irony meter.
    I leave my irony meter behind when going to this site, after having broken two of them...

oh hey look at me , im trying to get attention. jsut not with 010000000 reposts!

First One is Always Free

Quote Originally Posted by S3RI3S View Post

oh hey look at me , im trying to get attention. jsut not with 010000000 reposts!
    Make sure to post in Ice District Development thread, and the JW Marriott one too. Y'know what, The 3rd Ice District building will impact the skyline here someday, do it there too.

Just be happy we're finally seeing this scale of construction and there's photos to post !!

I am just waiting for The Arlington to grace our skyline...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by S3RI3S View Post

It's purrfect

Maybe there should be a thread designated for everyone to go cry about Ian’s posting habits. I would rather see his photos than read the endless whining about them.

Your single post on this forum is complaining about people complaining.

Stantec as of this morning. (sometimes timing is everything)

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Your single post on this forum is complaining about people complaining.
    Most Ironic post ever... Yes, I'm aware I just did about the same.

Three posts of the same photo, turns in to 5 posts complaining about the triple post, and then 5 more posts complaining about the complaining... And on and on.

Are we not entertained?

And the cycle continues

@coryedelCTV

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Wow! Vancouver-esque.
    www.decl.org

Wtf, that's awesome!

Ian’s gotten a lot better at not posting the same photo in multiple threads as well as not using his potato phone anymore so I’m not sure why he got criticized on the last page.

This is the first Folk Fest with the new towers in the background so kinda weird that people didn’t want to see that.

Anyways, enjoying all the photo updates. Keep it up guys.

Great photos of the Stantec building.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    @coryedelCTV

Another Week on C2E - A Fringe play by edmguy111

Actors: edmguy111 as kcantor; Sonic Death Monkey as Iano

Act 1 Scene 1

Edmguy111 - "Come on SDM... how is this a Stantec tower under construction photo? Are you afraid someone might miss it as your one shot of Edmonton per day thread?

Just start a new thread already titled “Sonic Death Monkey’s daily photo thread” and be done with it."

Sonic Death Monkey - "GFY"

Act 100 Scene XVIII

5 days of endless posts later and there is no end in sight to the controversy...

FYI. This photo is just as relevant as the Folk Fest shot. Both very cool pictures IMO.

^LOL 10/10 would watch

In the absence of anything important to talk about people will ***** over trivial ****.

Post your pictures Ian. Who the **** cares.

The rest of you calm the **** down.

Ffs

Stantec mountain.

@JLLCanada
    www.decl.org

C2E Posting Power

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=211255

Only 5 pages of discussion on this beauty going up in the Emerald [email protected]#K!!

Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
    In the absence of anything important to talk about people will ***** over trivial ****.

Ffs
    Thank you. The complaining about IanO posting update pictures is super annoying and extremely tiresome....

-------------------------------------------

In other news, it looks like the usable 66 stories have been completed.. is all that is left the 3 mechanical?

The complaining about the complaining is also super annoying and extremely tiresome, especially when you consider that nobody has complained about IanO's practice in quite a few days, but yet, the complaining about the complaining persists for days and days and days.

Yes, I realize this is a complaint about the complaining about the complaining...

The complaining about the complaining is also super annoying and extremely tiresome, especially when you consider that nobody has complained about IanO's practice in quite a few days, but yet, the complaining about the complaining persists for days and days and days.

Yes, I realize this is a complaint about the complaining about the complaining...
    Right up your alley.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by lvngstn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post

Ffs
    Thank you. The complaining about IanO posting update pictures is super annoying and extremely tiresome....

-------------------------------------------

In other news, it looks like the usable 66 stories have been completed.. is all that is left the 3 mechanical?
    Stick to lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Glenco View Post

Right up your alley.
    That's just great! Keep the derail going.

from a month ago

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

It looks like a toothpick coming in from Calgary Trail, but coming in from the east on Yellowhead, man is it massive.

Not mine
    @jefrosonic on Instagram
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1798/4...974d0de3_h.jpg

im waiting for this smoke to clear up some i can get some progress pictures. Driving me nuts.

drove home from Kelowna through the mountains yesterday and couldn't see a damned thing ! was so pi$$ed off !!

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748