Thread: Internet Station for local original artists - EDMONTUNES

Default Internet Station for local original artists - EDMONTUNES

Just wanted to let everyone know about this station we started. Check it out and any feedback you may have would be greatly appreciated!

About
    A grass roots internet music station for Edmonton and area independent, unsigned artists to showcase their original work.
    Listen here: http://myradiostream.com/edmontunes
    Send songs to [email protected]

Description
    Applying the mantra of "Think globally, act locally" to the music scene, the goal of this station is to be a venue for local Edmonton artists to showcase their original material on a global stage. In order to ensure that we have no issues with copyrights or royalties, any covers of other artists work or original material that may have royalty agreements with a third party will not be included...

There is no advertising. We make no money by broadcasting an artist's work.

We are doing this to provide a venue for local artists to showcase their stuff....
    Last edited by lat; 17-10-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Default Looking for new artists

We currently have 63 contributing artists with genres of rock, roots, blues, jazz and country. Check out our EDMONTUNES facebook page for which artists we are playing.

I will be sure to check it out and let you know what I think.

Thanks ajs, any feedback would be great.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Keep getting a connection refused message. Maybe its the corporate security settings...hrrm.

Will try later from home.
    ... gobsmacked

Hmm.. working OK from this end... Have a number of listeners on right now.

okay. v. cool

Just sent the URL to a deejay buddy in MSP.

Way to focus local talent, an d talent it is.

Not that the grope and mail, National Prostate or Much Toronto would notice ...
    ... gobsmacked

Cool, thanks McBoo!

Edit: Yeah, we need to sing our own praises around here more... literally and figuratively!

Default Station continues to grow...

Status update: We are now at 88 artists and approximately 12.5 hours of music, playing continuously! We are also broadcasting spoken word segments on Sundays at 9 pm... This Sunday will have an interview done by one of the C2Ers!

http://edmontunes.com/

This is really a cool initiative! Bravo!
    LA today, Athens tomorrow. I miss E-town.

Thanks Myles! I see you are friends with Coinoath... small world!

Giving it a listen presently, so far so good! Already committed a few artists to memory in case I see their gig on a poster somewhere...
    Let's make Edmonton better.

Cool, JayBee. Which ones are you fond of?

Added new songs from Six String Loaded, Brother Octopus and Vanity Red.

We're up to 115 artists on the station now!

Wow.
    The derp is strong with this one...
    An artist from the center of the universe (Toronto) that had a problem with the theme of Edmontunes. Names have been removed to protect the inane.
    -----
    Hello,
    My name is **** and I'm a Pop/Dance singer, songwriter and entertainer.
    I'd love to know if you'd like to play my music on your station?
    Here are my social media links for you to review:
    -----
    Hi *****,
    Thank you very much for your interest in our station and your submission. Unfortunately, Edmontunes' focus is on showcasing artists from the Edmonton area, so we won't be able to include your work.
    Good luck with your music!
    -----
    That's discriminating , I don't see a point having a station if you only play artists in Edmonton but thats ok.
    Have a nice day!
    -----
    Its called having a theme. Kind of like some stations only play hard rock. I guess genre specific stations are a problem for you too?
    -----
    Correction: Edmonton is a place not a theme nor a genre of music. Sorry to say but that "theme" is not going to take you anywhere. Being versatile and accepting and respecting every artist that applies to your "themed station" is what will get you far and ahead in the industry because you will target a larger audience and it is more interesting to have more of a mix. Genre specific stations make sense but not a station like yours where you are choosing only artists in your area and no one outside of it, that is very narrow minded. Just voicing my opinion.
    Any emails coming from you will be blocked, ignored and deleted. Best of luck!
    -end-
    Well, there goes my million bucks! Oh well... Easy come, easy go...

Article in the St. Albert Gazette about Edmontunes.

http://www.stalbertgazette.com/artic...0302/301109988

Nice work Larry, great picture!
    Support the mob or mysteriously disappear...

Thanks bulliver... The smile is a bit forced, since holding that pose was starting to wear thin after a while, but it was a fun shoot. She was shooting with a Canon 1Dx and one of those snappy new 600EX speedlites. She used a 15mm fisheye prime ... sweet lens.
    Last edited by lat; 11-01-2015 at 10:11 AM.

We've now got a media blogger from Detroit talking about Edmontunes!
    Futurologist James Cridland tweeted out a story the other day about a retired IT guy in Canada who has created “Edmontunes” – a streaming channel that is exclusively dedicated to local artists and bands from the Edmonton, Alberta, environs.

There’s nothing breakthrough here – this two year-old station is comprised of 400 songs in a box, and now its creator, Larry Travis, has acquired a mixing board, mics, and cables so he can record area bands for his streamcast.

It’s not as if 90% of radio stations in the U.S. (or Canada) couldn’t technically create their own local version of this by Monday. But that’s the point. It took a former security analyst with a sense for the importance of local music in his town to put Edmontunes together. Anybody could have done it, but he did it.
    http://jacobsmediablog.com/2015/01/2...comment-117682

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Congrates on getting the PR.

Edmontunes will be doing a live broadcast from Remedy Cafe starting at noon on June 21st, for the Make Music Edmonton event. Hope to see you all there!

http://makemusicedmonton.com/