Thread: Toronto Raptors 2013-2014

Default Toronto Raptors 2013-2014

Amazing game yesterday over the Brooklyn Nets! Kyle Lowry and Demar Derozan leading this team, great job by the entire team and coaching staff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9xnS9EJmRU

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=450638
    Last edited by Bray88; 28-04-2014 at 08:19 AM.

First One is Always Free

Definitely the most entertaining raps playoff game since 2001. These ain't your Christina Bosh raptors.

Default Huge Game Tonight Game 6

Raps gotta be ready to go tonight and finish Brooklyn off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw_ov...2AmNRDGEXE4uVg

First One is Always Free

..... or not.

Did you hear about the Toronto Raptors?

Do you think that they have a chance of making the playoffs this year?

Just checking if anyone, anyone at all is following the other originally Canadian sport? You know, the one without sticks and slugs of hard rubber...

Amazing that there has not been any chatter on the C2E forum so I thought it would be appropriate to mention that the Raptors are playing a game tonight.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Not interested.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

C2E Continued Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    Not interested.
    Interest level = 0.00

I've been watching a bit... basketball is not really my sport but being in the finals as pique my interest.

Leave it to the tedious old farts here to need to hear themselves say they don't care out loud... why is that?

It's been a good series. TO has benefitted somewhat from the attrition of the playoffs grind, but credit for them for keeping at it. They remind me of the St. Louis Blues, really relentless when they're on their game. It'll be a real coup if they nail it tonight at home and the fans will go nuts. They deserve the win.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Leave it to the tedious old farts here to need to hear themselves say they don't care out loud... why is that?

It's been a good series. TO has benefitted somewhat from the attrition of the playoffs grind, but credit for them for keeping at it. They remind me of the St. Louis Blues, really relentless when they're on their game. It'll be a real coup if they nail it tonight at home and the fans will go nuts. They deserve the win.
    Who are these "old farts" you are referring to....I'm hardly an old fart....but compared to a "spudly," yeah - I'm probably a bit older. Has nothing to do whether or not it's a good series....to me - it all comes down to "not caring anything about TO." I don't mind live basketball, heck I've traveled to San Antonio back in the day, JUST to watch Leonard play....but the Raptors team may as well be from the moon......

yet you need to hear yourself say it out loud... even though it contributes nothing...
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Yeah, I suppose....kinda like the way you are hearing yourself speak - about us "old farts," - Tit for Tat young fella....lol.....

Maclac will be seen leading the crowds of people who will flood into Whyte Ave when Toronto wins, as if he has been a fan for the past decade...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

You think that "Whyte Ave" is gonna get "flooded" if TO wins? Do we have that large of a Jamaican population for this to happen?

Don't really care for basketball but if Toronto wins that'll be cool I guess.

Very exciting 4th period.

Appreciate that the Raptors lost by one so they can play another exciting game, milking the attention for all its worth...

C2E Long Term Contributor

The Expo Centre is hosting a viewing party, it will be turned into our version of Jurassic Park.
    It would be so much better if ICE District or Churchill Square hosted this - chalk this under the massive "missed opportunity" file.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Seriously?

File that under, under-construction. Once completed, both will be great venues to host things such as this... or perhaps an Oilers playoff party.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    The Expo Centre is hosting a viewing party, it will be turned into our version of Jurassic Park.
    It would be so much better if ICE District or Churchill Square hosted this - chalk this under the massive "missed opportunity" file.
    Are you suggesting it was a "missed opportunity" for the dozen or so Raptors fans in this city? And if so, why is the city or public enterprise "obligated" to provide a venue for them to watch it live with their 11 or so chums on hand. I get that other cities have Raptor "pens," - is that what their calling them? But why do we need one? Let them "spill out onto Whyte" as other forumners have suggested. Honestly, I just don't see it as an opportunity missed. Good for the Expo center though - at least they can make some money of this thing.....ie, entrance fee, booze etc......

Quote Originally Posted by maclac View Post
    You think that "Whyte Ave" is gonna get "flooded" if TO wins? Do we have that large of a Jamaican population for this to happen?
    True Jamaicans are watching the cricket world cup in England.

Last game was super exciting, I'm no basketball fan, but with the Raptors, its a lot more interesting than the NHL finals this year.

^ agreed

Always exciting when a Canadian team takes on the United States. Stopped watching the NHL finals when all the Canadian teams fell apart.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maclac View Post
    True Jamaicans are watching the cricket world cup in England.

Last game was super exciting, I'm no basketball fan, but with the Raptors, its a lot more interesting than the NHL finals this year.
    I'm the other way.

With St. Louis having a chance to win their first Cup I'm more interested in the NHL finals than the fact a Canadian team made the NBA finals.

Just my opinion.

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Nice to see...
    President and CEO - Airshow.

Toronto is not the North. Never will be.

Congratulations to the Raptors for an excellent season and beating the pants of the GSW on their turf.

Basketball is a Canadian game!

There's now been an entire generation of Canadian children which has grown up without seeing a Canadian Stanley Cup champion. This generation has now also seen a Canadian team win a championship in the sport that is inextricably connected with their most popular music and celebrity culture.

I think it's inevitable that basketball will continue to grow at hockey's expense. Certainly this is already the case in Toronto and quite possibly in Montreal too.

^I think so as well - its a lot more accessible / cheaper to play, and more multicultural (i.e. less white). I wonder if it will be too long before Vancouver brings back a team (I'm sure they regret letting the Grizzlies go).

Plus a dramatically lower rate of concussions & CTE.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

I'd rather C2E than work!

And you can get more bums in seats in arenas.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra