Thread: posting supersized images

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Default posting supersized images

All,

As I mentioned in the Pearl condo thread, I have repeatedly asked that photos are resized to not force the forum to expand to levels that make it hard to read. Please resize your photos to 640x480 and if you want to show off the HQ ones, provide a link to your storage site. These large photos make it a very tablet and laptop unfriendly read, not to mention how horrid it is on a smart phone. There are many times people don't have a tabletop sized picture window monitor.

I will start removing posts that violate this and ask the poster to fix the images.
    Ow

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I unapproved 2 posts.

Also, I have repeatedly asked that photos are resized to not force the forum to expand to levels that make it hard to read. Please resize your photos to 640x480 and if you want to show off the HQ ones, provide a link to your storage site. These large photos make it a very tablet and laptop unfriendly read, not to mention how horrid it is on a smart phone. There are many times people don't have a tabletop sized picture window monitor.

I will start removing posts that violate this and ask the poster to fix the images.
    Although I realize it is rarely strictly enforced, 640X480 is way too small, in my opinion. Even tablets can handle a better resolution than that.

Overlarge is trouble but so is tiny. It is a hassle to click to see the larger images for every one.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the comment AAAAE.

640x480 is still the "web large" setting for most simple photo editors. I agree, I am not going to count pixels, but if the photo is going to cause readability issues, I am going to take it down and ask to have it resized.

PS - given how many of you use smart phones on C2E, I will be using that form factor as the default for deciding what is too large (4-5" display models).
    Last edited by Admin; 01-05-2014 at 09:14 AM. Reason: additional info.
    Ow