Thread: NAIT vs SAIT Instrumentation Engineering Technology

First One is Always Free

Default NAIT vs SAIT Instrumentation Engineering Technology

Thanks for the great forum!

I am currently in Central Alberta and I have applied to both NAIT and SAIT for Instrumentation Engineering Technology Program.

I have seen a few postings from people involved in the instrumentation field and was looking for any insight into the two programs. On paper both programs look pretty similar but I was wondering if there is any advantage to attending one or the other when it comes to getting a job?

Thanks.

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Sky View Post
    Thanks for the great forum!

I am currently in Central Alberta and I have applied to both NAIT and SAIT for Instrumentation Engineering Technology Program.

I have seen a few postings from people involved in the instrumentation field and was looking for any insight into the two programs. On paper both programs look pretty similar but I was wondering if there is any advantage to attending one or the other when it comes to getting a job?

Thanks.
    really great facility and equipment at NAIT, can't speak for SAIT
    i love lamp

I'd rather C2E than work!

My former company sponsored a lab at NAIT. Great facility, especially if you're more interested in the commercial end of things
    Parkdale

I took the program in 2004-2006 at NAIT, back then it was still in the main building close to the gym. They now have a new building that is sponsered by Spartan controls that i hear good things about.

First One is Always Free

What do you base this on?

Quote Originally Posted by jizzaldo View Post
    NAIT > SAIT. Especially in the instrumentation field.

C2E SME

He's asking for actual information, not a single hostile sentence that provides no useful information or context.

C2E SME

No, I wasn't discounting your opinion. I was saying that you gave a one sentence opinion with no actual information, and when asked by the original poster in a neutral fashion what you were basing that on, you again responded with no useful information other than chest thumping. Your most recent response actually contains some useful information, congratulations!

I'd rather C2E than work!

Sait, programming and sales
    Nait, operations and maintenance, field techs

Not surprisingly to many, this is my experience and is clearly linked to what careers are most available in each city.

I can't say I've met a lot of SAIT instrument grads. Mostly, NAIT, MIT (moose jaw institute of technology ha, SIAST moose jaw campus isn't as funny) and BCIT.