Thread: 2015 Edmonton Motor Show

Default 2015 Edmonton Motor Show

Who's going this year anyone ever go to that gala they have the day before the show actually opens? Also this will be the thread where you could share your photos if you take any.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Snooze and paying that kind of fee to look, no thanks.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Way to bring the negative everywhere ian keep up the good work!

Sorry for being reality. I used to attend for the longest time, but cars have become boring, automated and bland for me. The cost is not insignificant anymore and so there you have it, pass, zzz.
    www.decl.org

I'd rather C2E than work!

I'll be going.. Not a fan of a lot of new cars and their respective technology but this is still a really good show for a true auto enthusiast

Maybe score a special deal on that '15 4Runner we 've been thinking about
    Parkdale

Quote Originally Posted by 240GLT View Post
    Maybe score a special deal on that '15 4Runner we 've been thinking about
    I had one of those way back in the 90's with a stick, and a two liter diesel engine (which would never have been allowed in NA due to emissions rules). Loved it, was a blast on gravel back roads and similar.

What is the entry price? I normally attend an auto show each year, I like seeing for real the autos I like to read about.

15 bucks for Adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnoblade View Post
    15 bucks for Adults.
    Plus $16.00 for parking
    Go ahead, speed pass me... I'll meet you at the next red light.

Or take the lrt and not even worry about "parking"

Heh. I'll look at the pictures.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

15 bucks for Adults.
    I'll pay that - its a lot cheaper than a movie when all is said and done, and more fun. I sorta like to keep up with the new models, as I like to think I might buy one of them second hand in the future when they are three or four years old. Seeing, and sitting in them, is a very different perspective than a video or magazine review, and there is nowhere else to see and compare so many new models together.

^This guy right here he gets it wish the rest of the people here would though :/

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    15 bucks for Adults.
    I'll pay that - its a lot cheaper than a movie when all is said and done, and more fun. I sorta like to keep up with the new models, as I like to think I might buy one of them second hand in the future when they are three or four years old. Seeing, and sitting in them, is a very different perspective than a video or magazine review, and there is nowhere else to see and compare so many new models together.
    Plus there might be some good auto-related swag to be had

I also enjoy entering my best friends' e-mail address into every draw, offer and promo :P
    Parkdale

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    15 bucks for Adults.
    That's my view. Shop about 4 or 5 years early for them at the auto shows. I can easily make some very rudimentary comparisons of different brands (seating, driver comfort, controls, visibility, etc.) all within an hour or so. This is a lot better than having to drive to different lots across the city and having to deal with sales people the whole time telling them I'm not serious yet - and so I'm wasting their time too. I also get to experience my own first impression rather than relying on some sketchy auto-reviewers' views of different vehicles.

Then hopefully, 4 or 5 years later I just have to re-test a few models and read driving and reliability reports on a few vehicles before shopping for a used car.

^This guy right here he gets it wish the rest of the people here would though :/
    Not everybody is a car enthusiast.

Personally the only reason I'd go to the Auto show these days would be if I'm in the market for a new vehicle. Used to go every year as a young adult so I could check out the new models and drool over the classics/mods in the basement. It got old seeing the same thing every year.

Default Flashy new debuts kick off Edmonton Motorshow

I want to get a sneak peek at the new V-8 turbo diesel powered Nissan Titan
    Parkdale

^Titan has a really really bad reliability rating. I was a Tundra recently though, those are surprisingly nice - no diesel though.

^ Yeah I've heard that. I wouldn't buy one but I am curious to see it. I do have a few friends that swear by Nissan trucks though

New re-desiged Tacoma should be out too. Not that I'd be interested in buying one.. I'm still paying off the one I bought a year ago
    Parkdale

If anyone goes I need to settle a bet. If you go past the Mazda stand and they are displaying the 4th generation of the Miata,please take a picture and contact me via private message. Thanks

^you know that you can find that online now... actually a few months ago right?

Also, it is very nicely updated.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    ^you know that you can find that online now... actually a few months ago right?

Also, it is very nicely updated.
    Thanks Ian. I am actually a poster on Miata.net and saw the unveiling in Laguna Seca last year., when a record for most Miatas in one place [over 1900}was set.
    The reason for asking for a pic is that Mazda Canada told me that it would be in Edm and told a friend that it would not,so I am even more curious as it is shown in the TV commercial for the show.
    Last edited by Barry N; 09-04-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Nothing there I haven't seen online a month ago. Nothing gets debuted at our show. I don't even know what the point of our show is. Is it for car junkies that haven't discovered the internet yet?
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

^ that's ridiculous. looking at a car online and seeing it in person is a night and day different experience

This is supposed to be the biggest auto show in Western Canada. I think that's something
    Parkdale

240GLT You might want to buy this car ... loved the video (PS: it is already sold though)

Last edited by sundance; 22-04-2015 at 11:24 AM.

Hehe.. thanks for that. Although I've gotten rid of a few of my old swedish beauties (I still have my first and favorite as a summer car) and am working to pare down my hoard of rare and antique Volvo parts via Ebay

Man, it's crazy how once you start into a serious junk collection, how far it can go
    Parkdale