Thread: Nait or Sait

Default Nait or Sait

I got into nait for instrumentation programme for winter n electrical programme at sait for fall. I live in Calgary, instrumentation is my desired programme to get into but I'm confused Nait is better than Sait or its the other way around it and other thing should I do electrical or instrumentation. How is life in Edmonton n jobs. I'll start my programme in winter for nait, I'm actually thinking to move out of my house. So I need some advice and I'm confused because I'm all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Arman View Post
    I got into nait for instrumentation programme for winter n electrical programme at sait for fall. I live in Calgary, instrumentation is my desired programme to get into but I'm confused Nait is better than Sait or its the other way around it and other thing should I do electrical or instrumentation. How is life in Edmonton n jobs. I'll start my programme in winter for nait, I'm actually thinking to move out of my house. So I need some advice and I'm confused because I'm all over the place.
    Follow your desire, if Instrumentation is your choice follow that, I work in the field myself and, for me, I find it a very rewarding and interesting carreer, I chose Electrical first , ended up witha job more geared toward Instrumentation, and went back to get that. Both times was at NAIT and am very proud to have gone to NAIT, excellent school and the Spartan centre for Instrumentation is world class. Good Luck in your choice!!
    Excellence is a continual Journey up a staircase where there is NO top step...

Nait!
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

thanks guys, after I'm done with the diploma I will go for CET and after that I want a degree in electrical engineering from UVIC. But I heard UofA also give credits for Nait, how that thing works

I'd rather C2E than work!

The U of A credits for electrical engineering technology are not formalized to my knowledge and you have to review them with the University and see if you qualify for any. IE you better have a high GPA at NAIT.
    I've also heard they can be applied across multiple years, so it's not likely you can cut the length of the degree down in terms of total length, only that you will have less course load in some semesters.

I'd rather C2E than work!

There is no degree for instrumentation engineering offered in western Canada as far as I know. The only reciprocal agreements I know of are for electrical/telecom/electronics engineering technology through UVic and Thunder Bay (Lakehead).
    All require a summer bridging program followed by two years to achieve your degree. You would have to investigate if instrumentation technology qualifies.
    Really, you go just go to university for 4 years and try and pound through your degree in the same time.

As far as your CET you need 3 years of applicable work to apply, so unless you plan on working between technical college and university you won't be getting your CET before your degree.
    Last edited by DanC; 26-04-2015 at 11:29 AM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DanC View Post
    There is no degree for instrumentation engineering offered in western Canada as far as I know. The only reciprocal agreements I know of are for electrical/telecom/electronics engineering technology through UVic and Thunder Bay (Lakehead).
    All require a summer bridging program followed by two years to achieve your degree. You would have to investigate if instrumentation technology qualifies.
    Really, you go just go to university for 4 years and try and pound through your degree in the same time.

As far as your CET you need 3 years of applicable work to apply, so unless you plan on working between technical college and university you won't be getting your CET before your degree.
    Thanks for your info, I'm very clear now. But my main goal is to get a instrumentation technical diploma and I got accepted for UVIC last year for computer science. technically diploma get you job easily and we have more trade jobs. my uncle had his degree in electronics but he did diploma from sait to get a job. getting a degree is my future plan but first I will do diploma.