Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Enough of these 'I'm Offended, It's not Politically Correct' people already

Jimmy Kimmel’s Homophobic Attacks on Sean Hannity Expose a Liberal Blind Spot

Comedians Jimmy Kimmel and Chelsea Handler resorted to homophobic jokes while targeting Trump-connected conservatives this week. It’s lazy and offensive.

Story: https://www.thedailybeast.com/jimmy-...yahoo?ref=home

The greatest skill the left has is telling everyone how morally-superior they are, while they hurl childish insults and call everyone names.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Jimmy Kimmel’s Homophobic Attacks on Sean Hannity Expose a Liberal Blind Spot

Comedians Jimmy Kimmel and Chelsea Handler resorted to homophobic jokes while targeting Trump-connected conservatives this week. It’s lazy and offensive.

Story: https://www.thedailybeast.com/jimmy-...yahoo?ref=home

The greatest skill the left has is telling everyone how morally-superior they are, while they hurl childish insults and call everyone names.
    Or, they are not really that “left” or “liberal”.

The moral majority was a conservative creation. It’s disbanded.
    Today:
    The GOP’s Moral Bankruptcy | The American Conservative

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...al-bankruptcy/
    Last edited by KC; 08-04-2018 at 11:52 AM.

C2E Continued Contributor
    South Beverly Heights in a small house with a large lot!!

Kimmel is a frustrated middle aged fool.
    Make the RIGHT choice before you take your last breath......

‘The Simpsons’ Responds to Criticism About Apu With a Dismissal

At the end of 2017, Hank Azaria, the voice behind Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, a convenience-store owner on “The Simpsons” with a thick Indian accent, responded to a recent groundswell of criticism that the character was racist. It came to the forefront thanks to Hari Kondabolu, a comedian of South Asian descent, who made a documentary, “The Problem With Apu,” which debuted last fall.

“I think the documentary made some really interesting points and gave us a lot of things to think about and we really are thinking about it,” Mr. Azaria told TMZ. He said he found the situation “upsetting.”

On Sunday night, “The Simpsons,” a cultural staple and television’s longest-running sitcom, now in its 29th season, finally responded: with a dismissive nod that earned the show more criticism, especially from Mr. Kondabolu himself. The episode, titled “No Good Read Goes Unpunished,” featured a scene with Marge Simpson sitting in bed with her daughter Lisa, reading a book called “The Princess in the Garden,” and attempting to make it inoffensive for 2018.

At one point, Lisa turns to directly address the TV audience and says, “Something that started decades ago and was applauded and inoffensive is now politically incorrect. What can you do?” The shot then pans to a framed picture of Apu at the bedside with the line, “Don’t have a cow!” inscribed on it.

Marge responds: “Some things will be dealt with at a later date.”

Followed by Lisa saying, “If at all.”

The writers of the episode — one of whom was Matt Groening, the show’s creator — received immediate backlash. Some viewers found the response tone deaf, and criticized the choice of Lisa, often the show’s moral center, to voice it. (And not to mention: “Don’t have a cow!” could be interpreted as a jab at Apu’s Hinduism.)
    https://archive.fo/w3E3n

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Assimilation was a direct attack on first nations peoples and against all first nations peoples. It isn't made up, it was the invoked cultural genocide policy of Canada.

That is true.

It is also not a reason to ban, censor, or get upset at the word.
    That would be easy for you to say.

This is the apparent difficulty with understanding in modern times and wherein such complex societal objectives as Truth and Reconciliation are required to illuminate, educate, inform on the atrocities that have occurred in this nation and providing a path for reform, acknowledging, understanding.

Assimilation is STILL occurring. Child Scoop STILL occurring. But disproportionate scoops of First Nations and Metis children from homes are now called apprehensions. With the vast majority of those going to non culturally similar placements. Even when kinship care is available.

I'm playing advocate, and I have no difficulty doing that, and clearly, even though I am not directly impacted by it, I try to put myself in others shoes and think about how they would be impacted. In this sense the term offends me and I can easily see how it would offend first nations that were directly targeted.
    I just found this thread and been reading through it a bit, and I realize your post is over a year old, but I just can't tell if you're being serious or not. Please tell me you're not serious.
    Last edited by Vincent; 02-05-2018 at 06:32 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910