Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flair Airlines | Discussion

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default Flair Airlines | Discussion

NewLeaf Travel is Canada’s new ultra-low-cost
    air travel company.

Our low fares get you from here to there with the convenience of being able to add the extras you love, à-la-carte style. Even better, most of our main routes are non-stop flights that aren’t currently offered by other companies.

We want to spread the love to Canada’s smaller airports because of their laid back atmosphere, cheaper parking and awesome baggage handling. Plus, their lower fees keep more money in the bank for you.

Remember www.flynewleaf.ca because we’re not using any booking sites. To keep costs down, we sell directly to the customer and a small number of exclusive partners.

Like to board the flight first? Or maybe you’re looking to enjoy a tasty beverage in your favourite window seat? The good news is that you can customize your trip with the options you know and enjoy. These include:

Priority boarding
    Seat selection
    Printed boarding passes from our agents
    On-flight beverages

http://flynewleaf.ca/site/assets/fil...h-routemap.jpg

http://flynewleaf.ca
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

C2E Hard Core Contributor

I give them 18-24months before they shut down.
    If they make it to Edmonton, I'll certainly check them out.

They purposefully are avoiding 'high-cost airports'.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    I know what they're doing. I just don't think they'll be successful.

Default New low cost airline

Interesting ... with WestJet and Air Canada going more after higher end business and international travellers, perhaps there is a market that is not being paid attention to.

Also, with the economy the way it is in Canada, there are going to be a lot of travellers looking for cheaper flights. It is probably better to start in the smaller communities and cheaper airports and if they are successful, expand to places like Edmonton and Calgary later.

Time will tell how successful they are, but my sense is 2016 is going to be a difficult year economically, so it actually is probably a good time to start up a budget airline.

I miss Jetsgo or whatever it was, YEG-YVR return for $139 + tax.
    www.decl.org

I'd rather C2E than work!

They are only "high cost" if they charge the full rate.
    Don't really understand their city pairings but we will see.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Well, good luck to them. They're surely looking at Edmonton somewhere down the road.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

we need 3 rd carrier for a long time because we have only 2 big name and look at US, they have quite a few different airlines to fly elsewhere.
    Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Jet fuel is cheap these days...

Now we just have to build the High Speed Rail line to Saskatoon rather than Calgary.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by nobleea View Post
    I give them 18-24months before they shut down.
    If they make it to Edmonton, I'll certainly check them out.
    Yeah.

I'm still waiting for Canada Jetlines to get going so I can fly from Winnipeg to Flin Flon on a new 737-7. My goodness gracious.

I like the "a la carte" pricing model though. Wonder if they'll consider charging less for middle seats and seats next to the bathroom. Nobody enjoys those...

I miss a third carrier, but needs to be major routes.

YEG to YVR for 139+ taxes was the best.
    www.decl.org

I'd say this is the best model I've seen since Westjet c96.

Still might not make it, but it seems really well insulated from the big two, attractive enough for a niche, and pretty easy to sustain.

If it makes it to the third birthday it might come here and to Ottawa.

It's operated by Flair Air of Calgary, BTW.
    Let's make Edmonton better.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    It's operated by Flair Air of Calgary, BTW.
    Kelowna, not Calgary.

I'm kind of surprised that Ft Mac isn't on that list.

I do hope they make it, but it is a very low profit business with margins around 2%. Both Air Canada and Westjet need the competition as they both have become too complacent in overpricing Canadians.

So they avoid major airports in the country. Problem is that major airports draw business people and bulk of population.

I don't see a long term viable business here. They can't model this after the US where even you operate flights to secondary airports, you have large populations to support it.

Even Southwest now flies to all major and expensive airports (LGA, DCA, BOS and so on...).

They gotta start somewhere. A great number of business failures result from going too big too soon. Let's give them a chance.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

If it is by Flair Air, then there is potential for Canadian North to do the same as they already have a huge base here

I imagine if they could work out of Red Deer they'd get a considerable amount of traffic from both Edmonton and Calgary.

And go where?

Anywhere else they fly. Believe it or not, a decent amount of people fly from Edmonton to Kelowna. Abbotsford if people are going to Vancouver wouldn't be bad, etc.

I'm aware of that. What I'm refering to is what is offered now. No I would go to Redeer for a flight. There is a reason why I live in big cities.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Interesting schedule as per airlineroute.net. Looks like routes are either once or twice weekly on a Flair Airlines 734:

Canadian new start-up carrier NewLeaf yesterday announced its planned operation ahead of next month’s service launch, with inaugural flight scheduled on 12FEB16. Positioning itself as the ultra low-cost carrier, the airline will be serving following routes 2 weekly each (except certain routes). Operational aircraft will be provided by Flair Airlines’ 737-400 while using the company’s IATA code F8.

eff 12FEB16 Hamilton – Halifax
    eff 12FEB16 Saskatoon – Abbotsford
    eff 12FEB16 Saskatoon – Hamilton
    eff 12FEB16 Saskatoon – Kelowna
    eff 13FEB16 Winnipeg – Hamilton
    eff 13FEB16 Winnipeg – Kelowna
    eff 14FEB16 Hamilton – Kelowna 1 weekly
    eff 14FEB16 Regina – Kelowna 1 weekly until 13MAR16
    eff 17FEB16 Saskatoon – Abbotsford 1 weekly (2 weekly from 14MAR16)
    eff 18FEB16 Hamilton – Regina
    eff 15MAR16 Regina – Abbotsford
    http://airlineroute.net/2016/01/07/f8-feb16/

Good thing we shut down YXD otherwise that would a very realistic landing spot for this ULCC.

Flair Air don't have many planes, so the scheduling is not shocking. This company was doing a lot of FBO oilsand flights. They pale compared to Canadian North in terms of metals.

Quote Originally Posted by faraz View Post
    Good thing we shut down YXD otherwise that would a very realistic landing spot for this ULCC.
    It is a good thing that airport got shut down.

Red Deer is getting a runway extension!
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...ding-1.3268977

It won't be long now. Regular scheduled 737 service from YQF.

Once the locals get used to it, next will be Sun destinations!

The 737-400 of New Leaf would not have been able to land on those short runways.

The -200 was the only 737 that could.

100 000 + population and 1.5 hr. drive north or south to major centres, I would doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jackson View Post
    Red Deer is getting a runway extension!
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...ding-1.3268977

It won't be long now. Regular scheduled 737 service from YQF.

Once the locals get used to it, next will be Sun destinations!
    RD airport averaged 71 passengers per day in 2014?
    Last edited by Drumbones; 08-01-2016 at 12:19 AM.

Is that all? Wow! Just off my head, that somewhere between 25 000 - 27 000 annually. Definitely no sun destination!

And yet wiki says they had 39000 aircraft movements in 2010, hmmm Buffalo must be hauling a lot of freight. The numbers don't jive

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Is that all? Wow! Just off my head, that somewhere between 25 000 - 27 000 annually. Definitely no sun destination!
    The article says 25,800

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how Newleaf does and would be interested in trying them when they arrive in ab.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 08-01-2016 at 12:33 AM.

I could picture New Leaf trying Red Deer, but how many in Edmonton or Calgary would drive to Red Deer so that they could drive from Abbotsford to Vancouver?

Or drive to Red Deer instead of driving to Saskatoon?

Might get some people going to Winnipeg, Hamilton, or Victoria, I guess, but 2 hours down the highway for 45 minute flights?

That said, I would expect high use from the people who live nearby Red Deer, so I could still see it working for them.

I would love for Canadian North to do this as well. They already have a base here. On top of that, their FBO flight bookings for oilsand is far superior to Flair's by the numbersr with more metals.

The 737-400 of New Leaf would not have been able to land on those short runways.
    Incorrect. It could have easily landed there.

Taking off on the other hand...

^^^ Driving to Red Deer to fly to a destination in BC or Saskatchewan would be silly, but Red Deer to Winnipeg with connections to the Martimes / Newfoundland for a decent price could be popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium48 View Post
    ^^^ Driving to Red Deer to fly to a destination in BC or Saskatchewan would be silly, but Red Deer to Winnipeg with connections to the Martimes / Newfoundland for a decent price could be popular.
    I'd rather pay $100 than drive 9hrs to Kelowna (or I guess 7.5hrs) after work on a Friday. But maybe that's just me. Honestly the cost would probably be a wash after paying for gas and whatever. Maybe that's just me.

Maybe one could park his car there for free, all those empty lots from the former air force base, Driving through there I was looking at all the huge emty apartment blocks. What a waste. Could house homeless. Fly them all in. lol. Google Earth Springbrook AB. An interesting place. I'm thinking of buying a place in the Okanagan so if they came to RD I for one would be using them.

They will eventually expand to Edmonton if they survive. At this moment they're doing the choice which is being savvy; under the radar and steering clear from the big sharks. When Porter entertained the idea of expansion, and we discussed the potential of them coming to the west, I suggest the same idea as what Newleaf is doing. The only problem I see is that the routes they have chosen, and the lack of metals in their arsenal.

^^^, ^^ Except what do you do when you get to YLW without a car and without your toys?

Partially Addicted to C2E

I find their initial route plans bizarre. For example, why provide service between Kelowna and Hamilton but not Abbotsford and Hamilton? Kelowna Airport serves a few hundred thousand people in the region and already has service to Pearson on two airlines, while Abbotsford is within easy driving distance of a couple million people and currently only has seasonal service to Pearson. Under their current plans two connections would be required to fly between the Lower Mainland and Halifax.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Maybe one could park his car there for free, all those empty lots from the former air force base, Driving through there I was looking at all the huge emty apartment blocks. What a waste. Could house homeless. Fly them all in. lol. Google Earth Springbrook AB. An interesting place.
    Off topic, but I spent three summers there from 1997-1999 with air cadets and I think those buildings should have been condemned back then. I can just imagine what they're like now. Good memories though, "walking" around the place on Google map!

Honestly though, I can't see New Leaf trying Red Deer when AC struggles to fill a 1900D on a daily basis. I think you'd see them at YMM first...

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

That failed faster than I thought lol.

NewLeaf airline postpones service, refunds credit cards amidst pending review

By Brittany Greenslade

WINNIPEG — Canada’s new low-cost airline is already hitting a snag right out of the gate.

Winnipeg-based NewLeaf Travel Company announced Monday afternoon it has postponed sales of airline tickets pending a Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA) review of licensing regulations for Indirect Air Service Providers.

The company also said it will refund all credit card transactions for reservations that were scheduled to begin on Feb. 12, 2016.

“During this uncertain time, we didn’t want to put anyone with existing bookings at risk, and we wanted to give customers time to make other travel arrangements,” said NewLeaf Chief Executive Officer Jim Young in a press release.

NewLeaf announced Jan. 6 it would start flying from Halifax, Hamilton, Saskatoon, Kelowna, Regina, Winnipeg and Abbotsford with prices range from $89 to $149.

But shortly after the announcement there were immediate concerns brought forward regarding its licencing.

NewLeaf Travel has partnered with Flair airlines, who will provide the aircraft and the licence.

Former assistant professor at the University of Manitoba who now lives in Halifax said without its own licence, NewLeaf doesn’t have a clear policy on how passengers are protected or compensated if their flight is delayed, cancelled or baggage is lost or damaged.

“The reason why we launched on Jan. 6 is because it was confirmed that we were in full compliance of CTA licensing regulations,” Young said. “The CTA gave us an exemption from holding a licence directly while it reviews its legislation.”

Under a charter arrangement with Kelowna-based Flair Airlines Ltd., Flair held the CTA operating licence, while NewLeaf offered seat sales.

The CTA is reviewing whether persons who do not operate any aircraft, but market and sell air services to the public, should be required to hold Agency licences. The consultations are expected to end on Jan. 22.

The company said it is aiming to resume taking reservations in the spring.
    http://globalnews.ca/news/2461220/ne...ending-review/

Wow, that kind of stumble is often fatal.

Couldn't have had all their ducks in a row in the rush to launch, I guess. Less haste, more speed and all that. It makes you wonder what else may have been skimmed over. Not encouraging if that extends to things like maintenance, flight ops and suchlike.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Nicole Weisberg ‏@NWeisbergCTV
    Inaugural NewLeaf flight from #YEG to #YHM takes off now. Customers tell us they're happy to pay less.
    https://twitter.com/NWeisbergCTV/sta...26685668753408

Wow, I wasn't paying attention, but this is a much better plan than Red Deer.

As long as the competition bureau doesn't let Westjet and AC get away with murder (better chance without Harper around), this has a chance.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Mods, can the title be revised as it does indeed include YEG.

Did they forget to add YXX YEG OR DID THEY DROP IT?

C2E Continued Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Glenco View Post
    Did they forget to add YXX YEG OR DID THEY DROP IT?
    The map isn't accurate.

With Air Canada's new legroom standard of 31" NewLeaf really should be quite attractive

I really hope they succeed. We desperately need a third national.
    www.decl.org

There was no way they were going to succeed without Edmonton in the mix. Now they have a slim chance.

There was no way they were going to succeed without Edmonton in the mix. Now they have a slim chance.
    I would venture to say Edmonton is the biggest opportunity for them...as its not a base for AC or WS. Even Winterpeg does better with AC as there is still maintenance jobs there iirc, as well as some admin backroom functions for AC. We have bugger all from WS or AC.

If Porter could have the runway extension into Lake Ontario at YTZ, I can guarantee we would see Porter CSeries 100's coming to Edmonton.

But the NIMBY condo dwellers and Liberal MP Adam Vaughn along the Lakeshore think this is too loud: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvxwqoT0L2o

And they currently have this:
    Q400 Take Off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hifB7PQpcQ

Yet, such a small investment in YTZ would unleash orders for CSeries, and stave off the inevitable construction of the Pickering Airport.

If Porter could have the runway extension into Lake Ontario at YTZ, I can guarantee we would see Porter CSeries 100's coming to Edmonton.

But the NIMBY condo dwellers and Liberal MP Adam Vaughn along the Lakeshore think this is too loud: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvxwqoT0L2o

And they currently have this:
    Q400 Take Off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hifB7PQpcQ

Yet, such a small investment in YTZ would unleash orders for CSeries, and stave off the inevitable construction of the Pickering Airport.
    Porter could establish a western base instead, if they had a mind to expand. Their insistence on using YTZ, or nothing, is actually quite immature. If Air Canada pulled such a move CBC and the National Post would be all over them.

Porter would be good, although YYC would be their spot over YEG given that their main clientele are business folks within 3hrs, ie. Min, Van, Port, Sea, Den.
    www.decl.org

South Beverly Heights in a small house with a large lot!!

Just booked for a trip to YWG. for $200 RT Taxes in.WJ and AC over the July long wanted $600 RT. WJ is matching NL's fares only on the YEG-YWG RT. Booked with New leaf and will do so as long as both AC and WJ refuse to provide reasonable fares. Just as an example,a fare to kamloops runs $79 going and $69 returning for a total of $148 Taxes in. Direct RT on all jet service. NO PROP jobs. Ac's fare is $348 and WJ is charging $325. And both require change of aircraft in YYC. Screw them both.
    Make the RIGHT choice before you take your last breath......

Porter would be good, although YYC would be their spot over YEG given that their main clientele are business folks within 3hrs, ie. Min, Van, Port, Sea, Den.
    I disagree with that. Their bread and butter has worked so far the east so continue that. Expand to the West with a different strategy until such time as it is feasible for them to become one whole unit. As mentioned from the get go. They have to steer away from the big boys with different hubs- apparently New Leaf has read my message (jokingly). With New Life in operation, now would be a good time to enter the West as that would make it harder for WS and that other crap airline to match metal. As the bigs boys battle and New Leafs with their routes, it makes it harder for the two biggies to match the new routes due to lack of metals. Strengthen by number I guess. The important thing at this stage for Porter is to get its foot wet in the West for trial, practice and perfect strategies and directions. Anyone thinking that they open up and instantly compete is out to lunch. It is all about infrastructures and growing pains at this stage and potentially for about 5 years. Potentially, they could also form alliances with Caribou North as they have metals which could help them stress out and stretch the two big boys thin.

Does anyone know if we are a hub for New Leaf? I'm very shocked that a Calgary company would skip it's head office.
    Last edited by ctzn-Ed; 01-08-2016 at 07:36 AM.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Oil patch in Calgary is being decimated...what business people?? The Calgary of 3 years ago is being cut to the bone with any kind of business travel. Shave 30-40% off. Soon they will not have much more business suits than Edmonton. With the Democrats likely to win the US election - things will continue to get worse for the oil patch.

^^ It is a Winnipeg based company.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Same company running Flare Air no?
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Quote Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
    Oil patch in Calgary is being decimated...what business people?? The Calgary of 3 years ago is being cut to the bone with any kind of business travel. Shave 30-40% off. Soon they will not have much more business suits than Edmonton. With the Democrats likely to win the US election - things will continue to get worse for the oil patch.
    You ('we') have very short memories.
    www.decl.org

^^Flair air is run out of Kelowna and are chartered by New Leaf to operate these routes for them. New Leaf is basically a travel agent.

According to Aussie
    NewLeaf is rolling out its fall schedule... Well at least for October.

They are increasing YEG flying (flights per week):

YXX 4x
    YHM/YQM 3x
    YKA/YYJ 1x
    YYJ 1x
    YLW 2x
    YWG/YHM 2x

Total 13x week

Aussie is based out of Calgary (likely WS) - just look at his posts on SS YYC.

As to NewLeaf - how many additional flights is that over the previous schedule?

People bemoan about reductions on 'signature' routes but this, this is the bread and butter of building better air service.

Excellent.

Excellent indeed. I hope they can make a go of it.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by AAAAE View Post
    People bemoan about reductions on 'signature' routes but this, this is the bread and butter of building better air service.
    I think it's still fair to bemoan the reductions on Chicago, San Francisco, New York, London and Mexico City -- those cities are critical if we're really going to compete -- but those reductions happened before NewLeaf even started.

We need a third national airline (that doesn't pander to Calgary and Vancouver) so we can maintain service to the aforementioned, and this could indeed be the bread and butter of building a third airline.

I think it's still fair to bemoan the reductions on Chicago, San Francisco, New York, London and Mexico City -- those cities are critical if we're really going to compete -- but those reductions happened before NewLeaf even started.

We need a third national airline (that doesn't pander to Calgary and Vancouver) so we can maintain service to the aforementioned, and this could indeed be the bread and butter of building a third airline.
    3rd National Airline to care about a HUB at YEG is going to require Edmonton investment. We need Edmonton companies with vision and $$$ to take a majority stake.

^ would love to see it before someone else buys them out and neuters them, but the simple unserved gravity we have alone is clearly already pulling them into Edmonton.

^ would love to see it before someone else buys them out and neuters them, but the simple unserved gravity we have alone is clearly already pulling them into Edmonton.
    Edmonton is the largest underserved centre on their current network. Thats why they are seeing volume.

According to Aussie
    NewLeaf is rolling out its fall schedule... Well at least for October.

They are increasing YEG flying (flights per week):

YXX 4x
    YHM/YQM 3x
    YKA/YYJ 1x
    YYJ 1x
    YLW 2x
    YWG/YHM 2x

Total 13x week
    http://gonewleaf.ca/travel-info/route-map-south/

Just came back from YWG on NL. No via here or there on all jet service. No back in the day prop jobs. 2 very good flights. Both were ahead of schedule. Staff were professional and polite.Will book again.
    Last edited by cnr67; 08-09-2016 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cnr67 View Post
    Just came back from YWG on NL. No via here or there on all jet service. No back in the day prop jobs. 2 very good flights. Both were ahead of schedule. Staff were professional and polite.Will book again.
    Full flights both ways?

Route Map July 25 To October 2, 2016

Route Map October 3 To October 31, 2016

I note one of those cities doubling from 3 connections to 6 in there. Gee, what an underserved overlooked vortex of opportunity that must be.

C2E Posting Power
    Below that old white mountain, just a little southeast of Nome

^Maybe that underserved hub could entice NL to move their headquarters there...

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Good on NewLeaf, I hope they do very well. I for one will definitely check them out next time we fly, especially when we go to New Brunswick as the other two are usually very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by cnr67 View Post
    Full flights both ways?
    About 75% both ways.

^^^Notice that their hubs are no longer bolded now that edmonton has as many flights as Winnipeg and Hamilton.

We're booking a flight for late fall/early winter. Looking to be about 2/3 the cost of westjet, and direct to where we want to go (Hamilton). This makes me happy. I'll pack my own snacks for that kind of savings.
    There can only be one.

Getting to Kelowna cheap would be great in the winter.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

I think there is a market there for people that want to travel, but do not need to go to/or want to avoid the bigger hubs. WestJet sort of served that market before, but it seems to be focusing more on competing with Air Canada for business travelers and internationally now and Air Canada seems to mostly focus on the hubs. There are a lot of places in southern Ontario that can be just as easily (or better) reached from Hamilton and in the lower mainland from Abbotsford, plus the airport fees are lower.

Perhaps initially they didn't know much about Edmonton, but I bet they figured out it is under served, especially by Air Canada. They could do well here.

It never ceases to amaze how Edmonton always flies under the radar. ��

NewLeaf said it plans to add flights to more Canadian cities, as well as its first U.S. destinations. Announcements will be made “in the next few weeks.”Company spokeswoman Julie Rempel said frequency is expected to double between mid-December and mid-January as the company ramps up to using six aircraft from three.
    NewLeaf is also offering a 50 per cent discount on all its October flights for a limited time.
    http://business.financialpost.com/ne...to-four-cities

Any speculation? I'd say YEG is in the running to get new US service, considering YEG is one of New Leaf's larger bases. My prediction, Las Vegas, somewhere in California, or perhaps a west coast city like Seattle or Portland.

Las Vegas is the easy guess, or Orlando, but I want it to be New York, which is strategically more important.

My guess Anaheim.

Keep in mind, they will go where it cost the least to land.

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

Ft Lauderdale perhaps? Their airport is a dump so they're clearly not rolling in cash. Also close to Miami and Orlando etc.

NewLeaf made the news... is the customer service as bad as the customers who were stranded say it is?
    http://www.inews880.com/2017/01/02/f...ton-cancelled/

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

At least the pilot wasn't drunk like Sunwings lol.

NewLeaf said it plans to add flights to more Canadian cities, as well as its first U.S. destinations. Announcements will be made “in the next few weeks.”Company spokeswoman Julie Rempel said frequency is expected to double between mid-December and mid-January as the company ramps up to using six aircraft from three.
    NewLeaf is also offering a 50 per cent discount on all its October flights for a limited time.

Any speculation? I'd say YEG is in the running to get new US service, considering YEG is one of New Leaf's larger bases. My prediction, Las Vegas, somewhere in California, or perhaps a west coast city like Seattle or Portland.

The Answer is Pheonix-Mesa!
    http://ktar.com/story/1360917/phoeni...lights-canada/

And WestJet responded:
    http://ktar.com/story/1364048/canadi...-mesa-airport/

C2E Continued Contributor

And WestJet responded:
    NewLeaf has already cancelled that route.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatestX View Post

And WestJet responded:
    NewLeaf has already cancelled that route.

Wow! Just like that! All gone. WestJet ate their lunch:
    http://globalnews.ca/news/3158774/di...orida-flights/

Barriers to entry they say, lack of competition they say....
    www.decl.org

Smells of predatory pricing, but that is a hard thing to prove:

Canada

Section 50 of the Competition Act, which criminalized predatory pricing, has been repealed and replaced by sections 78 and 79, which deal with the matters civilly.

Section 78(1)(i) of the Competition Act is prohibits companies from the selling products at unreasonably low prices designed to facilitate or with the effect of eliminating competition or a competitor. The Competition Bureau has established Predatory Pricing Guidelines defining what is considered to be unreasonably low pricing.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predatory_pricing

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast