Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
Results 3,301 to 3,398 of 3398

Thread: Liberals And Trudeau - Performance Review!

58,000 new jobs for February
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Questioner links Trudeau to pizzagate. Scheer claims to have heard all parts of the question except for that. Later says that was the first time he's heard of pizzagate.

Scheer says he didn't hear question about Clinton 'pizzagate' lie during town hall

At one point during the event, a member of the audience rose to ask a two-minute question touching on several subjects, including immigration funding and international aid. He then linked Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to the mythical conspiracy known as "pizzagate," which gained traction around the 2016 United States presidential election.

"Trudeau gave $600 million to the Clinton Foundation. The Clinton Foundation is part of child trafficking and child sacrifice, if you study it. It's in the pizzagate," he said.

"The PM, if he knows about the foundation, should he be in jail for that one? Also, he needs to pay back the $600 million plus his trips to the Canadians."

---

In his response to the town hall questioner, Scheer did not say the pizzagate theory was false — although he did pick up on the Clinton Foundation angle.

"Yes. Well, I appreciate your concerns on this," he replied.

"I can assure you that when you look at where Justin Trudeau has spent money, it's clear that a huge sum of the dollars that he is taken from Canadian taxpayers has gone to his own personal projects.

"You mentioned that the Clinton Foundation ... there are other examples where Justin Trudeau's government has given grants to hire people for groups that are, you know, advocating for their own particular ideology, specifically fighting against things like pipelines and building our infrastructure to be able to get our energy to international markets."

When asked why he didn't confront the conspiracy theory at the time, Scheer said he didn't hear that part of the question.

---

Scheer's press secretary told CBC News today the Conservative leader "does not keep up with paranoid, American alt-right conspiracy theories and as such was not familiar with the term until it came up in the questioning today."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sch...hall-1.5048256

He sure didn't have a problem sharing the stage with alt-right, Nazi supporing, Rebel Media "reporter" Faith Goldy. Or was that the first time he's ever heard of her either?
    Scheer is lying that he did not hear the whole question and saying he never heard of pizza gate. Maybe he did not hear every single word but he also missed other parts in his selective hearing.

“The Clinton Foundation is part of child trafficking and child sacrifice if you study it. It is in the pizzagate,” the man said to applause from the crowd “How do we get that money back?

So Scheer did not hear the part about "The Clinton Foundation is part of child trafficking and child sacrifice"

According to CBC, there are right wing conspiracies in Canada and the US that claim that Trudeau gave $241 million or other inflated amounts to the Clintons. The fact is that Canada gave $19.5 million over 5 years for a women's health care program in Nigeria.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5048256

The Liberal government has pledged $20 million over five years to the Clinton Health Access Initiative, which is affiliated with the foundation.

According to the Global Affairs website, the money is helping the initiative improve access to sexual and reproductive health services for women and girls in Nigeria.

Federal government spending of the Clinton Health Access Initiative
    A quick tally of the numbers posted to the government's website shows the previous Conservative government, of which Scheer was a part, actually contributed more to the initiative.

Going back to 2013, the Harper government spent nearly $19 million to help the initiative deliver vaccinations, $14 million on diarrhea treatment and about $460,000 to a fund tuberculosis research project on miners in African countries.
    So it is clear that Scheer is pandering to alt-right fake conspiracy theories and helping to augment them for his political gain. He was with the party in power when the Harper government funded the Clinton Foundation's excellent work but threw Trudeau under the Pizzagate conspiracy bus.

I was willing to vote Conservative again but if this is the Trump style politics that Scheer is willing to unapologetically spread, then he has lost my vote.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Guelph unemployment 1.0%
    Calgary 7.6% and Edmonton 7%, third in the country lowest unemployed!!!!!
    Wtg JT and the Albertans voted for your lying @ss.

Nice cherry picking by you of a small city like Guelph, a manufacturing city of only 131,000.

Why don't you look at the Canada wide numbers? Or does that not fit your narrative of blaming everything including the world oil price on JT. Blame him for Pizzagate while you are at it.

OTTAWA — Canada's national unemployment rate was 5.8 per cent in February. Here are the jobless rates last month by province (numbers from the previous month in brackets):

— Newfoundland and Labrador 11.8 per cent (11.4)
    — Prince Edward Island 10.3 (9.9)
    — Nova Scotia 6.4 (6.9)
    — New Brunswick 8.5 (8.2)
    — Quebec 5.3 (5.4)
    — Ontario 5.7 (5.7)
    — Manitoba 5.3 (5.5)
    — Saskatchewan 5.8 (5.5)
    — Alberta 7.3 (6.
    — British Columbia 4.5 (4.7)
    https://www.nsnews.com/here-s-a-quic...nce-1.23657420
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 08-03-2019 at 09:03 PM.

By those numbers, the top 3: BC, Quebec and then Manitoba appear to is doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    By those numbers, the top 3: BC, Quebec and then Manitoba appear to is doing something right.
    We could let China launder money here, and do nothing about it. Although that happened under the Liberals..China has dumped a lot of $$$ into BC, Horgan won't say much..
    Quebec doing well? Say it's not so? For a have not province they've collected billions from AB...

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...lity-1.5050129

i think the boy wonder's lack of adversity growing up, in school and [not being] in the workforce in combination with his ego and [liberal] sense of entitlement make him incapable of accepting culpability for his own actions.

he truly believes that whatever it is that he is attempting to achieve is so important that the means matter not. there seems to be a wonderful ability to assign blame to others and to apologize for others and for the country ad infinitum but not to recognize his own shortcomings.

it's as if the faults and the mistakes simply don't exist and he is nothing short of dumb-founded when it is pointed out by others that the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.
    Last edited by kcantor; 09-03-2019 at 04:52 PM.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Boy blunder is a fake! Two women quit, one isn't running again( that we know of) because of him. One crossed the floor. But the men are hanging in there, they need to punt him, his brand is ruined

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/oec...alin-1.5051446

hot damn... the world does pay attention to canada.

it's just too bad this is what they have to pay attention to.

Yeah, it's much better when all they had to worry about was the government bribing senators and a former PM accepting payoffs in envelopes full of cash.

Ah, the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/oec...alin-1.5051446

hot damn... the world does pay attention to canada.

it's just too bad this is what they have to pay attention to.
    Yup. JT is happy in Florida, enjoy it JT!!
    Maybe facing some music soon..🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Yeah, it's much better when all they had to worry about was the government bribing senators and a former PM accepting payoffs in envelopes full of cash.

Ah, the good old days.
    Ah, Good 'ol whataboutism!

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Ah, the good old days.
    and who exactly posted that and when?

because i must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by SP59 View Post

Ah, the good old days.

Distract, deflect...

Quote Originally Posted by SP59 View Post

Ah, the good old days.

Distract, deflect...
    And pivot!

Nope, just finding it interesting that the conservatives that are crying the loudest and calling for Trudeau to resign are the same ones that saw noting wrong with what Harper did.

I'll say right now, that if Trudeau broke the law, and even Wilson-Raybould says that he didn't, then he should resign and be charged.

However, H.L. and the like kept defending Duffy and Harper though the whole deal back then. Saw nothing wrong with it in the least.

Nope, just finding it interesting that the conservatives that are crying the loudest and calling for Trudeau to resign are the same ones that saw noting wrong with what Harper did.

I'll say right now, that if Trudeau broke the law, and even Wilson-Raybould says that he didn't, then he should resign and be charged.

However, H.L. and the like kept defending Duffy and Harper though the whole deal back then. Saw nothing wrong with it in the least.
    Please provide some source(s) for that. Which conservatives are you talking about? What did Harper do? (The Senate scandal?) Which ones are crying? And what did they say about what Harper did?
    Last edited by KC; 12-03-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

bs... there were as many of more conservatives critical of duffy than any other political persuasion because his actions reflected perhaps even more on conservatives than politicians in general. having and acting on principle isn’t reserved to any political party - something proved again recently by the resignation of two principles ex-cabinet ministers.

Andrew Coyne: Why fight criminal charges in court when you can lobby? | National Post
    Excerpt:

“... but the director does not.” As Wilson-Raybould mused to the committee, “I can’t help but wonder why he would bring that up. How he would know that. How he garnered that information.”

Indeed. It is one thing for the AG to personally instruct the DPP in the manner the law prescribes: by a written directive, published in the Canada Gazette. “Informal reach outs” by political staff to the DPP and to other prosecutors are just wildly out of bounds. “...

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/and...-you-can-lobby

bs... there were as many of more conservatives critical of duffy than any other political persuasion because his actions reflected perhaps even more on conservatives than politicians in general. having and acting on principle isn’t reserved to any political party - something proved again recently by the resignation of two principles ex-cabinet ministers.
    Can you also provide some references. I dont know how we figure out which group is more or less critical.

Nope, just finding it interesting that the conservatives that are crying the loudest and calling for Trudeau to resign are the same ones that saw nothing wrong with what Harper did.

I voted for Harper until I became concerned about his style of government.

Please provide some source(s) for that. Which conservatives are you talking about? What did Harper do? (The Senate scandal?) Which ones are crying? And what did they say about what Harper did?
    Harper's use of Parliament suspension (2x) to prevent a vote of confidence, the In and Out scandal, F-35 scandal, CFIA scandal, Canadian Senate expenses scandal (Nigel Wright), Thomas Cromwell affair, Marc Nadon nomination and many other Harper issues that they lost in Court including under Harper, the Canadian government spent $700, 000 fighting a class-action lawsuit brought by a group of wounded Afghan veterans who argued that the new Charter was discriminatory..

Starting in 2006, the Harper government implemented policies that had the effect of reducing transparency. During this government, scientists employed by the government were not able to speak with the media and inform the public of their findings without government permission, the government made significant cuts to research and other forms of data collection, and significant destruction and inaccessibility of government-held data and documents occurred.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Harper

The list of scandals that the Harper government had, was very long

THE LAST 10 YEARS OF STEPHEN HARPER - A TIMELINE OF SCANDALS
    https://moiz.ca/harper/
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 12-03-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Can you also provide some references. I dont know how we figure out which group is more or less critical.
    you’re missing the point - which was that it’s not important to know whether the score is 48/52 or 52/48 it is important to know that the score isn’t 100/0 for either “side”.

Amazing how Conservatives flip out when Justin Trudeau takes a single page out of the Stephen Harper autocrat playbook. LOL

but but Harper...
    The veil has been lifted and JT has been shown for what he is, a bully toward women, and a PM just for Quebec.
    Shame on him.

You think you'll have answers? Make believe is what KK, lives for..lol

Andrew Coyne: Why fight criminal charges in court when you can lobby? | National Post
    Excerpt:

“... but the director does not.” As Wilson-Raybould mused to the committee, “I can’t help but wonder why he would bring that up. How he would know that. How he garnered that information.”

Indeed. It is one thing for the AG to personally instruct the DPP in the manner the law prescribes: by a written directive, published in the Canada Gazette. “Informal reach outs” by political staff to the DPP and to other prosecutors are just wildly out of bounds. “...

I wish they'd let her speak, instead, they'll gag her, but allow Butts and sniveling Wernick to testify without a rebuttal.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    but but Harper...
    The veil has been lifted and JT has been shown for what he is, a bully toward women, and a PM just for Quebec.
    Shame on him.
    Did you forget the Trans Mountain pipeline?

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Excerpt:

I wish they'd let her speak, instead, they'll gag her, but allow Butts and sniveling Wernick to testify without a rebuttal.
    Butts and Wernick are speaking for Trudeau. As for the pipeline it could become an election issue (understatement) depending on how badly Justin is doing in the polls in September-October. He has other carrots to dangle in front of the public. It's all in the timing.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    Excerpt:

Butts and Wernick are speaking for Trudeau. As for the pipeline it could become an election issue (understatement) depending on how badly Justin is doing in the polls in September-October. He has other carrots to dangle in front of the public. It's all in the timing.
    SNC has something to do with oil from Saudi, our pipeline was purchased, with our money, and will die a slow death.
    Brain dead liberal supporters love this fake, they will put him in office again, and our cost of living with even more carbon taxes will be higher than ever..
    JT = worst PM, ever..

Excerpt:

SNC has something to do with oil from Saudi, our pipeline was purchased, with our money, and will die a slow death.
    Brain dead liberal supporters love this fake, they will put him in office again, and our cost of living with even more carbon taxes will be higher than ever..
    JT = worst Quebec PM, ever..
    https://business.financialpost.com/c...mining-problem

Yeah, the Conservatives were totally against Duffy.

Everyone else were the ones that saw nothing wrong with his actions and those of the PMO.

</snark>

Then and now: Conservative talking points on the Duffy scandal
    A glance at some of the contradictions that have emerged through the courtroom testimony and evidence

The issue: Duffy repaying his own expenses.

Then: Duffy made public statements in February and April 2013 that he would repay, or had repaid, his Senate expenses. “It’s become a major distraction, so my wife and I discussed it and we decided that in order to turn the page to put all of this behind us, we are going to voluntarily pay back my living expenses related to the house we have in Ottawa,” he told the CBC.

Now: Emails show that several people inside the PMO knew full well that Duffy was not going to be on the hook for the expenses and that this was kept deliberately quiet. At one point when he refused to answer reporters’ questions on whether he had actually repaid, PMO staff became frustrated and coached him to say he had.

The issue: The Senate internal economy committee’s handling of their probe into Duffy’s expenses.

Then: Former committee chairman Sen. David Tkachuk told Maclean’s magazine in 2013 that he had not been told by the PMO to “whitewash” a report on Duffy. “There was no indication that and no expectation that we would treat him any differently than the way he was treated,” Tkachuk said.

Now: Wright’s testimony and email evidence shows that the Conservative senators on the committee received direct advice from the PMO on drafting the report on Duffy. And Wright says it was Tkachuk’s idea to see if an independent audit of Duffy could be called off if the senator quietly repaid his expenses.

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ott...duffy-scandal/

you’re missing the point - which was that it’s not important to know whether the score is 48/52 or 52/48 it is important to know that the score isn’t 100/0 for either “side”.
    I didn’t miss that point as I didn’t try to claim that “there were as many or more...”.

Additionally we have conservatives and Conservatives. The latter I assume are party members, or are they members and supporters? kkozoriz seems to use both so in my mind that adds another level of confusion in such oneupmanship games.
    Last edited by KC; 12-03-2019 at 12:55 PM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Actually, Quebec gets most of its oil domesticly.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/201...c-gets-its-oil

Thanks envaneo for the information

The shift away from overseas imports is partly due to a 2015 reversal in the direction oil is delivered through Enbridge’s Line 9 pipeline, according to a new analysis by the National Bank of Canada. The analysis, first reported by Radio-Canada, also attributed the shift to increased production of U.S. shale oil.

The new numbers provide a reality check for some industry advocates who have incorrectly argued that Quebec is importing crude from Saudi Arabia instead of supporting and buying oil from the Canadian industry.

The Line 9 pipeline has become a critical link for oilsands giant Suncor, which owns the Montreal Refinery near the pipeline's eastern terminal on the Island of Montreal. Line 9 connects with the Enbridge Mainline system that brings crude oil east from Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and North Dakota to Sarnia in southern Ontario.

From Sarnia, Line 9 now brings that oil east to Montreal, where it can be accessed by Suncor's refinery, which is processing on average 24,300 barrels per day of diluted bitumen, also known as dilbit, an oilsands product.

“Enbridge's Line 9 reversal provides Suncor the flexibility to supply the Montreal refinery with a full slate of inland-priced crude, enhancing the long-term competitiveness of the refinery,” said Nicole Fisher, the company's senior advisor for media relations and issues management, in emailed answers to National Observer questions.

Ethics watchdog probing SNC-Lavalin affair taking 'prolonged' medical leave

God, shady AF!

Umm Quebec is just another province, that happens to think it's special. SNC is a dirty scummy outfit, who deals in dirty scummy things. Like dealings with Saudi!!!!!

Ethics watchdog probing SNC-Lavalin affair taking 'prolonged' medical leave

God, shady AF!
    Not that I wish cancer on anyone but won’t you look stupid if they are actually seriously ill...

How much work does it take each day to be so negative? Did someone run over your puppy as a child?

Umm Quebec is just another province, that happens to think it's special. SNC is a dirty scummy outfit, who deals in dirty scummy things. Like dealings with Saudi!!!!!
    The whole world deals with the saudi’s... like get a grip on reality cause you are seriously starting to loose it.

So, the liberal committee has voted against JWR speaking again, boy, she must have a lot of dirt on JT and co.

People with nothing to hide, hide nothing.

Prt, you're rude, very rude ,, so I have no clue as to what you're posting, if they are aimed at me..I know longer know or care..

Rude about what????

Don't like facts?

This message is hidden because Edmonton PRT is on your ignore list.

View Post

Makes posting, and life so much better..

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^^ I think H.L has put you on ignore.

Off topic but has anyone else notice Facebook has been down this morning?

Obviously she peeked at the message.

If I was invisible, how could she know that I was rude? ?

Facebook and Instagram, world-wide outages.

https://downdetector.com/status/instagram
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

^^ I think H.L has put you on ignore.

Off topic but has anyone else notice Facebook has been down this morning?

I was on this morning, no problem..

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ Ok thanks. I wonder if its just an isp thingy. I'm with Telus.

https://downdetector.com/status/facebook
    Last edited by envaneo; 13-03-2019 at 01:07 PM.

So, the liberal committee has voted against JWR speaking again, boy, she must have a lot of dirt on JT and co.

I agree. This screams that the Liberals are hiding a LOT more scandals and corruption from us than just this.

That party has apparently learned nothing from the Adscam scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post

I agree. This screams that the Liberals are hiding a LOT more scandals and corruption from us than just this.

Actually I don’t think they do... polling suggest that joe public has moved on and doesn’t really care.

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
    Actually I don’t think they do... polling suggest that joe public has moved on and doesn’t really care.
    You can say that, but it doesn't make it true. It's been a pretty big hit to Trudeau's personal numbers, and a smaller but still significant one to the Liberal party overall. Even if Scheer's personal numbers haven't seen any big uptick, it's still a hit and the two parties are now pretty much tied in polling. Take 15 minutes for this podcast to lay it out for you (and subscribe, it's a good one): https://thebigstorypodcast.ca/2019/0...rudeau-scheer/

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post

As the old cliche says, these parties are probably “caught between a rock and a hard place”. The old loyalty problem where you’re expected to support some previous supporter (team member, party loyalist/fundraiser/donor, tribal member...) even when they turn out to be corrupt dirtbags.

I don’t know where the “LOT more” idea would have any actual effect. We’ve seen that before with other parties and nothing comes of it.

Prt, you're rude, very rude ,, so I have no clue as to what you're posting, if they are aimed at me..I know longer know or care..
    “People with nothing to hide, hide nothing.“

Love the irony of this statement - being here on an anonymous forum.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

to be fair it’s not a completely anonymous forum... the choice is yours.

First SNC.
    Then Boeing.

First “The rule of law” comment.
    Then the planes are safe comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    You can say that, but it doesn't make it true. It's been a pretty big hit to Trudeau's personal numbers, and a smaller but still significant one to the Liberal party overall. Even if Scheer's personal numbers haven't seen any big uptick, it's still a hit and the two parties are now pretty much tied in polling. Take 15 minutes for this podcast to lay it out for you (and subscribe, it's a good one): https://thebigstorypodcast.ca/2019/0...rudeau-scheer/
    Actually no it isn’t. He is back to roughly where he was prior to the scandal... if you can call it that. The libs and the conservatives were roughly neck in neck prior to this.

I would suggest you listen to CBC’s pollcast. Eric, the host, is an actual pollsters explaining polls and generally not just one poll but he takes all polls and examines them, their strength and weaknesses as well as puts them into context. Not only that he interviews the people who actually do the polls.

Trudeau’s numbers match that of Harpers and Harper was pm for 10 years.

There are a number of op ed pieces and Think pieces questioning the disconnect of the media coverage, which is overblown when you consider nothing illegal was done, to that of the level of public engagement, which is Luke warm at best...

I understand that some people are incensed but most of the Canadian public really hasn’t cared much...

Maybe the anonymous choice is simply a recognition that the statement that “People with nothing to hide, hide nothing” misses all kinds of people with nothing to hide but don’t want to have to deal with the fact that they will inevitably face uncalled for hostility from known and anonymous people often willing to pull all kinds of dirty tricks against the open and honest poster.
    Last edited by KC; 13-03-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Actually no it isn’t. He is back to roughly where he was prior to the scandal... if you can call it that. The libs and the conservatives were roughly neck in neck prior to this.

I would suggest you listen to CBC’s pollcast. Eric, the host, is an actual pollsters explaining polls and generally not just one poll but he takes all polls and examines them, their strength and weaknesses as well as puts them into context. Not only that he interviews the people who actually do the polls.

There are a number of op ed pieces and Think pieces questioning the disconnect of the media coverage, which is overblown when you consider nothing illegal was done, to that of the level of public engagement, which is Luke warm at best...

I understand that some people are incensed but most of the Canadian public really hasn’t cared much...
    You’re saying nothing illegal was done. That wasn’t the determination at the start of the media coverage. Has it now been determined that that is the case, or are you taking the word of those saying that they did nothing illegal?

Moreover the coverage is just a case of that evil biased mainstream media simply doing what it always does and so it rarely gets the blowing right. Sometimes coverage will be overblown and other times underblown.

I would guess though that the media coverage helped force more facts, opinion and testimony into the public realm and did a public service in highlighting the potential within the system for corruption.

You missed the part in "evil biased mainstream media" when you did not mention that they have a left wing socialist agenda to conspire against the Trudeau Liberals and help elect the PC's. ..

...no, wait against minute.

You’re saying nothing illegal was done. That wasn’t the determination at the start of the media coverage. Has it now been determined that that is the case, or are you taking the word of those saying that they did nothing illegal?

Moreover the coverage is just a case of that evil biased mainstream media simply doing what it always does and so it rarely gets the blowing right. Sometimes coverage will be overblown and other times underblown.

I would guess though that the media coverage helped force more facts, opinion and testimony into the public realm and did a public service in highlighting the potential within the system for corruption.
    I don't think it is up to the media to determine legality, that would be up to courts and judges. Some in the media like to pontificate or prattle on about legality as if their opinion is the final word, but of course it is not.

My more cynical view is the media in general wants the upcoming Federal election to be a bit more of a horse race, so they had to come up with something to try bring down Trudeau a notch or two and make it interesting. Some of the media are more ideologically driven like Postmedia and the Sun and this story suits that agenda too, but some others are just joining the bandwagon looking for a good story to try sell newspapers or get more TV viewers to watch.

I don't think the media much cares about corruption or not these days and even if it did could do little about it now. The days of considerable resources for investigative journalism are mostly over, the big media outlets are a very hollow shell of what they were in the days of Watergate.

I think after the dust settles, and people will eventually tire of this story because it has little to do with their day to life and challenges, how people feel about Trudeau will go back to what it was before this. Those that don't like him will take the allegations in this story as a confirmation of their preconceptions and those that do like him will see the shades of grey here and will accept his argument that his main concern was protecting jobs.

Actually, Wilson-Reybould herself has said that there was nothing illegal.

Right you are. They also gave her the boot from that office, which was within their powers too.

As for Wright, Harper and Duffy? Any laws broken? Yet there was a whole lot of “overblown” media coverage.

Duffy cleared of all charges as judge excoriates PMO under Harper - The Globe and Mail

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle29706093/
    Last edited by KC; 13-03-2019 at 08:09 PM.

Along with the PM, the ex head of the PMO and the head of the civil service.

You’ve been prorogued!

Hilarious! Can’t be much more transparent in attempting to bury the truth than by shutting down a meeting within minutes in order to put the old AG behind closed doors on budget day. Your tax dollars at work.

'Coverup!': Opposition erupts as Liberals shut down emergency meeting on SNC-Lavalin affair | CBC News

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/jus...deau-1.5052976

C2E SME

I'm familiar with Eric Grenier and his work for CBC. It's odd that you bring him up, since he basically says exactly the same thing I did. Right in the headline, even: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/lib...-one-1.5048419

The CBC Poll Tracker, an aggregation of all publicly available polls, has recorded a slip of over four points for the Liberals over the last month, putting the party behind the Conservatives for the first time in nearly a year.

But the losses suffered by the party are less significant than those suffered by Trudeau himself on questions relating to his own personal brand, the performance of his government and Canadians' preferences for prime minister.

Among the five pollsters who have asked the question both before and since the SNC-Lavalin affair emerged (Innovative Research Group, Ipsos, Forum Research, Nanos Research and Abacus Data), the average drop in Trudeau's polling on the question of who Canadians prefer as prime minister has been six points, compared to an average drop of just two points for these pollsters in voting intentions for the Liberals.
    So like, am I the only one taking crazy pills?

Funny how the Conservatives aren't talking about this part of the story.

Opposition is a caricature, and Scheer is a humid performer: Neil Macdonald
    Trudeau is corrupt, sinister, subversive, rotten? One suspects Andrew Scheer doesn't actually believe that

Oh, and that new provision allowing negotiated settlements rather than prosecutions of companies like SNC-Lavalin? The one opposition MPs accuse the government of sneakily burying in last year's budget so they could help their corporate pals? It was approved unanimously by the Commons Justice committee. Unanimously. Meaning all parties. Conservative MP Rob Nicholson declared, on behalf of his party, "We're completely supportive of it."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/oppo...heer-1.5055428
    Or this one. I wonder when Scheer is going to come clean about what was discussed?

Andrew Scheer met with SNC-Lavalin chief over criminal charges
    Sun., Feb. 10, 2019

MONTREAL—Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer met with the head of SNC-Lavalin in May 2018 to discuss criminal charges facing the Quebec construction giant.

Scheer’s office confirmed the Conservative leader discussed the “deferred prosecution agreement” sought by SNC-Lavalin to avoid criminal fraud and corruption charges. The meeting with SNC-Lavalin CEO Neil Bruce took place last May 29, months after the Liberal government introduced so-called “DPAs” in its omnibus budget bill.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...l-charges.html

Maybe the anonymous choice is simply a recognition that the statement that “People with nothing to hide, hide nothing” misses all kinds of people with nothing to hide but don’t want to have to deal with the fact that they will inevitably face uncalled for hostility from known and anonymous people often willing to pull all kinds of dirty tricks against the open and honest poster.
    Its not necessarily about hiding anything - its just not politically very good for them to continue to have a drawn out or endless discussion of what may turn out to be he said, she said.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Its not necessarily about hiding anything - its just not politically very good for them to continue to have a drawn out or endless discussion of what may turn out to be he said, she said.
    Fine. So if there is nothing to hide, let.her.speak.
    Honestly if this was reversed, the media would be incensed, and the left would have help in wanting her to!!

And the longer he draws this out, the closer it is to the next election

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

all i can say is that the inevitability you fear hasn’t been my own experience.

while there are a few posters that come close to my starting an ignore list, i don’t think their postings would be any different if i were anonymous.

on the other hand, many of my own posts rely on who i am for there veracity or credibility and posting them anonymously would in many cases be a misrepresentation of information or knowledge that is personal, not generic.

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    And the longer he draws this out, the closer it is to the next election
    Well, thats his problem

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...-up-call-that/

There actually haven't been increases in Canadian Federal corporate or personal tax rates in the last few yeas. What has happened the US has significantly lowered its tax rates, particularly for large corporations, resulting in approximately a trillion dollar deficit, which I think will ultimately be unsustainable and the US tax rates will have to go back up. Using the rule of common thumb to divide by 10 to get a Canadian equivalent, a trillion dollar US deficit would equate to approximately 100 billion here.

Trudeau is getting criticized by many right wingers for running a deficit well under 20 billion, less than one fifth of that, but not a peep from a lot of those same people who cheer lead Trump, about the off the charts US deficit.

Dave, one more time with feeling. I live in Canada, it's the country I worry/care about. Every left winger feels the need to bring in,TRUMP! Sheesh..

while there are a few posters that come close to my starting an ignore list, i don’t think their postings would be any different if i were anonymous.

on the other hand, many of my own posts rely on who i am for there veracity or credibility and posting them anonymously would in many cases be a misrepresentation of information or knowledge that is personal, not generic.
    I have opinion and beliefs that are just just that: opinions and beliefs. I’d like to debate a subject and change with reasonable counters to my positions. If I had my name out there, people would continually dredge up my old positions and try to label me as one thing or another - probably negative. If HR departments and the like think it’s reasonable and ethical to comb through people’s Facebook postings and the like then it truly is a case of whatever you say or do will be used against you.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

I have opinion and beliefs that are just just that: opinions and beliefs. I’d like to debate a subject and change with reasonable counters to my positions. If I had my name out there, people would continually dredge up my old positions and try to label me as one thing or another - probably negative. If HR departments and the like think it’s reasonable and ethical to comb through people’s Facebook postings and the like then it truly is a case of whatever you say or do will be used against you.
    or, alternatively, whatever you say or do including the ability to change your opinion based on reasoned and rational alternative positions can create a reputation that is respected and defendable and can never be used against you.

i’m pretty sure there are many here who disagree with some of my opinions and positions and the occasional person who might disagree with them all but i would hard pressed to think they would consider my opinions not to be held honourably and in good faith.

i’m not convinced that any hr department combing through my posts would use them against me but i’m pretty sure any hr department that would would be someplace i would rather not end up dealing with anyway. chalk it up to winning either way.

While I don't like to see anyone lose a job, I wonder how many of those who are okay with the government doing whatever it takes, legally or otherwise, trying to "protect" the 9000 jobs that SNC provides in Quebec, have the same sort of empathy towards the tens of thousands of jobs that have been lost and will continue to be lost, from the governments bungling of the Trans Mountain Pipeline.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    While I don't like to see anyone lose a job, I wonder how many of those who are okay with the government doing whatever it takes, legally or otherwise, trying to "protect" the 9000 jobs that SNC provides in Quebec, have the same sort of empathy towards the tens of thousands of jobs that have been lost and will continue to be lost, from the governments bungling of the Trans Mountain Pipeline.
    not only is there no "empathy" towards the tens of thousands of jobs that have been lost and will continue to be lost as a result of national energy policy 2.0, and there is no equivalency.

the oil patch has lost real jobs - they no longer exist and there is no-one earning a living completing them.

the snc lavelin jobs won't be lost like that. they will continue to exist and will simply be done by other individuals - or in many cases the same individuals - working for other firms. some of them may even be in western canada and not quebec. which is of course the real issue behind both sets of behavior.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ It runs a lot deeper then that.

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/...first-nations/
    Last edited by envaneo; 18-03-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Wernick resigned!!!
    You know he was booted out!!!!!LOL..snivelling creep.

And another top Liberal insider resigns, for nothing! Right. This keeps getting better. Pretty soon there will be no one left to appoint. Hee hee

^ & ^^^ nice try to spin insinuations without facts

Michael Wernick to step down as clerk of Privy Council, cites lack of 'mutual trust' with opposition
    Wernick writes: 'The clerk (must) be seen by all political parties as an impartial arbiter'

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/wer...-snc-1.5060834

In a letter to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announcing his retirement, Wernick wrote that "recent events have led me to conclude that I cannot serve as clerk of the Privy Council and secretary to cabinet during the upcoming election campaign."

Wernick's first appearance in front of the justice committee over SNC-Lavalin — during which he both defended his role in the affair and bemoaned the state of political discourse in Canada — was widely criticized by Opposition MPs and pundits as a partisan display.

"I worry about the rising tide of incitements to violence when people use terms like 'treason' and 'traitor' in open discourse," he told the committee. "Those are words that lead to assassination. I'm worried that somebody is going to be shot in this country this year during the political campaign."

Now we know why Socks flew back for a meeting , from his vacation in Florida, then Wernick quits..lol!
    Anyone who put pressure on JWR will be gone, is Telford next?

Resigning because the opposition doesn't trust you makes no sense at all. For the most part the opposition says they never trust you.
    I wonder what the real reason is.

Resigning because the opposition doesn't trust you makes no sense at all. For the most part the opposition says they never trust you.
    Like Butts, Wernick pressured JWR. They think getting rid of everyone she mentioned, will help.
    Some liberals will vote for a fence post if it's painted red..

JWR mentioned 10 people, who are the other 8?

It does in this case. He is a non partisan civil service employee and would have to work closely with whomever became PM in October.

It does in this case. He is a non partisan civil service employee and would have to work closely with whomever became PM in October.
    Non partisan? Did you hear his testimony..??????
    You don't pressure the AG of Canada!!!

“pressure” what does that mean? The word’s just become another vague simple minded platitude. Is the AG spun off from the rest of the government to highlight its expected pure independence? No. It’s a political appointment of an elected member so by original design, the position itself is partisan. It’s also a position that comes with an army of lawyers so I would expect that any truly unwarranted pressure could land someone in jail the very next day.

The word pressure is only meaningful in this case in terms of specific threatening remarks by or originatjng from individuals with some power over the AG or by any concerted colluding effort through multiple contacts by multiple people.

So I doubt this guy’s actions alone and to his knowledge would have amounted to undue pressure or signicant partisanship on the AG. Only in sum and through the politicians up the ladder would individual pressure be anything that could worry the AG.

The issue isn’t pressure, it’s the removal of her from the job for failing to succumb to arguments made by others. Maybe the harassment by multiple people is an issue of undue pressure but nothing was done by the person in control and accepting the meeting appointments and agenda items to reject these potential harassers.
    Last edited by KC; 19-03-2019 at 11:44 AM.

My point is the opposition didn't see him as non partisan anymore, whether that was the case or not. So, if they win in October, he would then likely be gone quickly anyways, so rather than wait for that to potentially happen, he chose to go on his terms.

I'm not buying that Dave,not at all.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5064544

Another one bites the dust.
    Why is he screaming at these women? At one point her husband heard him yelling over the phone= fake feminist, hates strong women, that say no.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5064544

Another one bites the dust.
    Why is he screaming at these women? At one point her husband heard him yelling over the phone= fake feminist, hates strong women, that say no.
    As opposed to who? Andrew Scheer who would love to tell women what to do or not do with their bodies and what their health care choices should be.

"would love to tell women what to ... with their bodies"

Where do you kooks get this stuff?
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    "would love to tell women what to ... with their bodies"

Where do you kooks get this stuff?
    What do you think limiting a woman access to abortion is? Scheer has a long published history on his views. So you can call me a “kook” at least I’m not willfully ignorant.

At least treudeau has the guys to call out racism when it arises at his town halls... sheer pretends not to hear the question and then says he doesn’t know anything about hot button political topics... nor can he denounce or refuse to be in attendance with people like Faith Goldie.

What a pathetic state the conservative movement has become.
    Last edited by edmonton daily photo; 21-03-2019 at 12:34 AM.

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ott...ds-to-be-told/

We know!! Well except for those, that kiss JTS ring,I mean butt!

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ott...ds-to-be-told/

We know!! Well except for those, that kiss JTS ring,I mean butt!
    What I think you are seeing is a schism. Will there be a readership vote before the election, there is still time to go into this election with a new leader.

The issue I have about some of these broad sweeping statements that JT made Let’s too much to personal interpretation. Do govt better do it different? What does that mean? Selling people on the idea of being in a misterial lead gov’t but then reverting to a heavy handed PMO.

My fav saying sums it all up! You can’t suck and blow at the same time! Thanks power and politics!

Wernick resigned!!!
    You know he was booted out!!!!!LOL..snivelling creep.
    Resigned is being kind. I would suggest a rat jumping the ship.

Agreed about him being a creep. The guy was supposed to testify about the goings on, and all he could do was whine and snivel about some nasty emails and facebook comments about him. Another self entitled beaurocrat that feels he should be above any law or integrity.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334