Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,100 of 3132

Thread: Liberals And Trudeau - Performance Review!

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Its the proper outcome for this. JT needs to score political points fast. He needs to do something quickly with NAFTA and the Trans mountain pipeline. At this point in time he's playing politics.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    Its the proper outcome for this. JT needs to score political points fast. He needs to do something quickly with NAFTA and the Trans mountain pipeline. At this point in time he's playing politics.
    He's useless, sorry, he is..I was reading another forum, this is all about buying his way for a UN seat..nothing to do with NAFTA or any pipeline

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I don't know if anyone else saw this image. Not sure where it came from either:

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    He's useless, sorry, he is..I was reading another forum, this is all about buying his way for a UN seat..nothing to do with NAFTA or any pipeline
    Trudeau (imo) needs to worry about the upcoming election because it looks like (from the news last night) the country is turning PC blue. Trudeau can worry about a seat at the UN general assembly later, after if he gets reelected. The way things are going JT might win a minority election. Better a devil you know then one you don't.
    Last edited by envaneo; 26-09-2018 at 06:17 PM.

Trudeau (imo) needs to worry about the upcoming election because it looks like (from the news last night) the country is turning PC blue. Trudeau can worry about a seat on the UN security council later, after if he gets reelected. The way things are going JT might win a minority election. Better a devil you know then one you don't.

People are seeing right through JT..murderers going to healing circles, murderers getting funding for PTSD..he wants to pass bill C69- no more pipelines..WTF is he thinking..

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I think he means no more additional pipelines beyond TM. Not sure about the Trans Canada pipeline concept, or Nothern gateway. I think those two pipelines are now pipe dreams.

Trudeau (imo) needs to worry about the upcoming election because it looks like (from the news last night) the country is turning PC blue. Trudeau can worry about a seat on the UN security council later, after if he gets reelected. The way things are going JT might win a minority election. Better a devil you know then one you don't.

People are seeing right through JT..murderers going to healing circles, murderers getting funding for PTSD..he wants to pass bill C69- no more pipelines..WTF is he thinking..
    I'm hoping it drives people like you to leave Canada forever.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From YEG View Post

It wont, you pleasant little toad

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

You can always ignore the toads H.L. Your more gracious then that of course

Hmm. Racists, people engaging in gross generalizations or having nonsensical stereotypes - don’t they often seem to have some simplistic one-dimensional view of others, lumping them together as if they are all the same?

Strange behaviour among otherwise intelligent people isn’t it.

You can always ignore the toads H.L. Your more gracious then that of course

Thanks evaneo, the left can get very hyper

Yeah, the left....

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^^^ Strange behavior indeed. I don't know what poster #3007's politics are, nor do I care. All I can say is, quit acting like this is Facebook.

The comment made to H.L., were childish. Racist I don't know. Maybe #3007 is just somebody having a bad day and nursing a bottle of Jack Daniels, mad at the world.

The comment made to H.L., were childish. Racist I don't know. Maybe #3007 is just somebody having a bad day and nursing a bottle of Jack Daniels, mad at the world.

LOL!

^^^ Strange behavior indeed. I don't know what poster #3007's politics are, nor do I care. All I can say is, quit acting like this is Facebook.

Anyone who defends the childish name-calling of Hello Lady needs to do some soul searching.

Anyone who defends the childish name-calling of Hello Lady needs to do some soul searching.

And anyone that thinks JT is a good PM,needs their head read!

Defends trump at all costs, tells people to #$%$#%$# off, and then lays a big egg here... What a gal! speaking of needing heads checked.... ^

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Defends trump at all costs, tells people to #$%$#%$# off, and then lays a big egg here... What a gal! speaking of needing heads checked.... ^
    Hello troll..EFF off!

Hello Lady... You first.

This message is hidden because Medwards is on your ignore list

C2E Hard Core Contributor

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2018...-their-phones/

LOL. Poor JT

What makes this even more humiliating for Trudeau is that the one person holding up a phone as if they cared about what Trudeau was saying, is a member of the PMO staff.
    If you're someone who votes Liberal because "Hyuk hyuk hyuk, I'm a proud Canuck, get free beer when I'm backpacking because everyone loves the maple leaf!", you're not gonna switch your vote just because Trudeau drew an underwhelming crowd at the UN.

And you're ESPECIALLY not going to switch to the Conservatives, who, according to tbe Liberal mythology, are the sole reason Canadian backpackers weren't getting free beer from the locals during the decade before Trudeau.
    Last edited by overoceans; 27-09-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by overoceans View Post

LOL. Poor JT

What makes this even more humiliating for Trudeau is that the one person holding up a phone as if they cared about what Trudeau was saying, is a member of the PMO staff.
    If you're someone who votes Liberal because "Hyuk hyuk hyuk, I'm a proud Canuck, get free beer when I'm backpacking because everyone loves the maple leaf!", you're not gonna switch your vote just because Trudeau drew an underwhelming crowd at the UN.

And you're ESPECIALLY not going to switch to the Conservatives, who, according to the Liberal mythology, are the sole reason Canadian backpackers weren't getting free beer from the locals during the decade before Trudeau.

The media didn't mention this, but they made hay when it happened to PM Harper..that is why I wanted it noted. As to the beer ec, I have no idea what you're trying to say

This message is hidden because Medwards is on your ignore list
    Awhhh muffin, you playing this game again?!

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by overoceans View Post

LOL. Poor JT

And you're ESPECIALLY not going to switch to the Conservatives, who, according to the Liberal mythology, are the sole reason Canadian backpackers weren't getting free beer from the locals during the decade before Trudeau.

The media didn't mention this, but they made hay when it happened to PM Harper..that is why I wanted it noted. As to the beer ec, I have no idea what you're trying to say
    Sorry if throwing in the beer confused the allusion. I was referring to the kind of people who think that Harper ruined our reputation on the world stage(hence, we couldn't wear maple leafs abroad), but JT has restored us to some previous status as global icons.

I'm saying the kind of person who believes that isn't going to be swayed by seeing a photo of "Justin" addressing a near-empty room at the UN. It's not the kind of belief that depends on empirical evidence.

Thank you for clearing that up. I'm always proud to be a Canadian, regardless who is PM...

I never wear a maple leaf, but I do love beer.

I take a lot of pot shots too. So I’m not throwing stones from my glass house. (Actually maybe I am. Better get the bandaids out.)

Just reminding people:

Rule and guidelines - Clarification. January 30, 2009.

Terms of Service Rule #2: Criticizing an idea is encouraged, but criticizing the person who posted it is absolutely not.

Attacks on a person's character will not be tolerated and may be grounds for suspension of posting privileges. The principal function of C2E is the expression of ideas, information, opinions, suggestions, analysis – generating interest in, and discussion about, anything and everything Edmonton. Criticism of an idea is encouraged, but criticizing the member personally, either publicly or through a Private Message (PM) is absolutely not. Offenders will be subject to bans, either temporary or permanent if the behaviour persists, and there will be no exceptions.”

http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showt...anuary-30-2009
    Last edited by KC; 27-09-2018 at 03:38 PM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ Thanks for posting that.

HAPPY GENDER EQUALITY WEEK!

No I"m not joking. Enjoy it - your tax dollars paid for it

Actually, first Alberta, then BC, then Ontario, then NB and then QC, or something like that. Remember when the PC's ran Alberta for like 47 years???
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ Yeah the good old days

^ Yeah the good old days
    They'll be back..lol

^ Yeah the good old days
    Yeah, we sure miss Redford, Stelmach and Klein. Nothing like the original three stooges to entertain you.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Just in time to start outing gay kids to their fundamentalist parents!

Once again, the polls before the election underestimated the center-right party, and overestimated the chances for the Quebec libs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post

Once again, the polls before the election underestimated the center-right party, and overestimated the chances for the Quebec libs.
    There's a message being sent to the feds, lets hope he gets it..*vbg*

The rural vote again swings the urban vote.

Sounds like pollsters need to do some sampling outside of urban areas in order to get better predictive results in their polls.

Sounds like pollsters need to do some sampling outside of urban areas in order to get better predictive results in their polls.
    Its all about the big cities and what they want, just look at Toronto..oh, wait

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Nope, no kvetching. Just wondering what happened between "Everything's great" to "I'm crossing the floor". If she'd had a history about disagreeing with Trudeau, I could see it.

And I like your calling a Liberal crossing to Conservative is a strong female but a Conservative crossing to the Liberals is a snotty, rich girl. Shows that you're more interested in which direction they go as opposed as to why.
    Talking of her

https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/gta...ust-funds.html

Wow. Those darn kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Wow. Those darn kids.
    Right?..lol

C2E Continued Contributor

Justin Trudeau: 'This Is Canada's Moment to Lead'

The lowest unemployment rate in 40 years. The fastest growing wages in a decade. The lowest debt-to-GDP ratio among G7 nations. Delivering remarks in French and English, Trudeau offered flurry of statistics in a bid to convince the audience of CEOs before him—including the top executives of Cisco, Johnson & Johnson, and SAP—that his government was worth betting on.
    “We’re the only G7 country with a free trade deal with every other G7 country,” he said. “This is Canada’s moment to lead, and we’re making it easy for you to lead with us.”
    But what about the tribalism creeping across the globe? Isn’t that a problem for business? Trudeau wasn’t terribly flustered by the prospect. “In three years, Canada was able to close a free trade deal with Europe…and moved forward on saving NAFTA,” making progress at a time “when trade deals aren’t in fashion anymore,” he said. Why? Because Canada understands what’s motivating individual citizens.
    There's not very many positive posts in this thread, it's a lot easier to focus on mistakes and things we disagree with (after all, there's plenty to criticize) and not notice the good things, so just a reminder that there are some positives right now as well.

Move forward on NAFTA?lol.okay then..

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/kel...#comments-area

Great comment...When the Liberals assumed power, Canada had 3 major pipelines in final stage approval process and one in limbo (Keystone). Investment capital was moving into the oil sands for the longer term and oil prices were starting to recover. Then the Sock Puppet put a tanker ban in to scuttle the Northern Gateway, Denis the Polluter in Montreal helped stage an end to Energy East ( aided by Liberals eco nuts) but at least we had Kinder Morgan. What could wrong? Robed idiots, loons and Liberal financial spending has put us on the verge of being an investment wasteland.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
    the best paragraph was this one:

"We know what happens” each time there’s an industrial revolution, Trudeau said, and most experts believe we’re currently living through the fourth. “There is a transition time when a whole lot of people get disrupted out of their jobs ”until new jobs are created, he said. “You can either drag your heels and try to hold out with the current model…or dive into it."

it's just that either the headline writer or the typesetter got it wrong.

i think it was meant to read "Justin Trudeau: 'This Is Canada's Moment to Leaf'".

and that at some point he might also have said "things aren't really getting any better but we are hopeful that pretty soon people won't mind as much".
    Last edited by kcantor; 16-10-2018 at 12:15 PM.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Basically he's saying give in to everything Trump wants. Yeah, that works out really well.

From the link above.

Zekelman said he was making those claims based on his personal connections with U.S. President Donald Trump's circle; he said he has dined with Trump and has met with Lighthizer. He said he believes the Americans will drop their 25 per cent tariff on steel if Canada agrees to limit its exports into the U.S. through a quota system.

"This can be solved. Literally, I can do it this afternoon," Zekelman said. "How do I know that? I've talked to Mr. Lighthizer myself."

[FONT="]Saudi air raid attacks a bus load of children....this is the kind of people the Saudis are. Canada can’t do a half assed job of this, they started this trade war with a simple tweet and look where it’s gone. Afraid of ruffling feathers?...too late, should be all or nothing.

[/FONT]
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-45128367

Time may be proving this to have been good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Saudi air raid attacks a bus load of children....this is the kind of people the Saudis are. Canada canít do a half assed job of this, they started this trade war with a simple tweet and look where itís gone. Afraid of ruffling feathers?...too late, should be all or nothing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-45128367

Time may be proving this to have been good advice.
    Hmm,maybe so KC.

Tories’ motion to ‘serve justice’ against returning Canadian ISIS members passes 280-1 - National | Globalnews.ca

https://globalnews.ca/news/4588414/t...-isis-members/

Thank goodness, they have been asking about this is QP. The only one to disagree was that *****, Elizabeth May

pm
    Updated: October 28, 2018 10:59 pm

EXCLUSIVE: Stats Canada requesting banking information of 500,000 Canadians without their knowledge

https://globalnews.ca/news/4599953/e...eir-knowledge/

I've been in touch with my bank, are we in Russia now?

What does ^ this have to do with Trudeau or the Liberals?

The PM assures is that our privacy will be protected. But wouldnít explain as to why this info is needed in the first place. No damn way would I want anyone to have this info....itís called private for a reason

And the data remains private... Once the data is compiled by Stats Canada it will be made anonymous in order to remove personal identifiers, according to Tebrake.

why? Did you not read the article?

“We were told that this kind of information is used to gain insight into various consumer trends, such as tourism and travel. It also helps in validating other necessary information such as household addresses and residential occupancy,” he added.

C2E Continued Contributor

ie what Stats Canada does with all the data they collect. Stats Canada doesn't just collect data for fun. Having current information is extremely useful for allowing the government to be proactive instead of reactive.

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
    ie what Stats Canada does with all the data they collect. Stats Canada doesn't just collect data for fun. Having current information is extremely useful for allowing the government to be proactive instead of reactive.
    Well they are not going to go into my bank account, feel free to volunteer

I so wish JT would SHUT UP. The fact that he would say "your privacy will be protected" is proof that he doesn't know what he is talking about. More and more we find out about online security breaches as they happen, our credit cards are compromised and accounts get hacked.

I so wish HL would SHUT UP.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Well hello troll, fed up with Trump now? aww diddums ..

It's funny the banks have not signed off on this..hmm, interesting

its you that people wish would stop posting.

And the data remains private... Once the data is compiled by Stats Canada it will be made anonymous in order to remove personal identifiers, according to Tebrake.
    Personally I wouldn’t be concerned if they got our banking, brokerage or any other financial information for statistical purposes. However I don’t believe for a minute that it’s secure. Everything is getting hacked these days.

I wouldn’t even mind if the Feds prepared my tax returns by taking all my financial information, cash flows and net savings (if any) and then just had me review it for minor modifications, accuracy, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    its you that people wish would stop posting.
    Iíll second that.

Iím sure the government already has access to everyones bank information, duh.

I wish you all would shut up and stick with the facts rather than the fiction you pick up from facebook, or your grandma told you so. That goes for both sides.

I wish you all would shut up and stick with the facts rather than the fiction you pick up from facebook, or your grandma told you so. That goes for both sides.
    You dissing grandmas everywhere?

Also, why did you choose grandma and not grandpa? Mansplain that one.

Maybe grandma used to be grandpa? Dont gender assume!

Maybe grandma used to be grandpa? Dont gender assume!
    Good one!

Iím sure the government already has access to everyones bank information, duh.
    They know when we take money from an ATM,nope they don't ( yet)

I disagree, no matter what they say. I think it is naive to think they do not.

I disagree, no matter what they say. I think it is naive to think they do not.

Well, that's your opinion, we're all allowed them..
    I've seen a lot of backlash on this
    If the banks allow this, every Dept can look into your bank account. Our bank and our bank manger so far have said they haven't signed off on anything..stay tuned.

The tinfoil hats are too strong in this thread.

C2E SME

Statscan is seeking statistical information on Canadians. Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    Statscan is seeking anonymized statistical information on Canadians. Shocking.
    FTFY

Just in case that's too big of a word to understand:

anonymized
    Verb[edit]

anonymized

1. simple past tense and past participle of anonymize

Adjective[edit]

anonymized (comparative more anonymized, superlative most anonymized)

1. (of data, claims or statements) Having had identifying information stripped, such that it cannot be linked to the person who owned or made it.

No that's not shocking, wanting info on MY bank account and activities surrounding that account is! they can go with this on a a voluntary basis , because some people are just fine with it...choose them!

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...e-banking-info

pm
    Updated: October 28, 2018 10:59 pm

EXCLUSIVE: Stats Canada requesting banking information of 500,000 Canadians without their knowledge

https://globalnews.ca/news/4599953/e...eir-knowledge/

I've been in touch with my bank, are we in Russia now?

We all know that the government is always careful with our private data, and people's privacy is NEVER breached due to incompetence or carelessness, right?

This Orwellian crap disgusts me. I don't trust these government people to be honest or competent.

No that's not shocking, wanting info on MY bank account and activities surrounding that account is! they can go with this on a a voluntary basis , because some people are just fine with it...choose them!

Maybe H.L. is afraid that the feds will find out she's been financing the group that was "really" behind the MAGAbomber. She did say she didn't care if Soros got one. Hmmmmmm......

Maybe H.L. is afraid that the feds will find out she's been financing the group that was "really" behind the MAGAbomber. She did say she didn't care if Soros got one. Hmmmmmm......
    Oh stop, why do you bring subjects from another thread into this one, you look equally as dozy in either..sheesh

Oh stop, why do you bring subjects from another thread into this one, you look equally as dozy in either..sheesh
    He's taking a play right out of your book by doing so.

He's taking a play right out of your book by doing so.
    You're pitiful..

TRUTH hurts, doesnt it.

TRUTH hurts, doesn't it.
    Not for me, you're so pitiful

Remember when you threw a hissy fit and told me I was blocked? What a big lie that was. As for pitiful, its certainly pitiful the way you act when someone returns the favours you leave all over the forum.

This message is hidden because Medwards is on your ignore list.

View Post
    Remove user from ignore list

Back on block, because *off his meds* is pitiful

Hmm so all the BS from JT about a healing lodge for a killer, and a killer is back behind bars! Thank you opposition and public outrage
    JT stands to defend statscan and our banking info, and it's now being put on hold due to opposition, and public outrage..come on boy, you're losing!!

lol...

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Worst of all this, is she's here in Edmonton.

Worst of all this, is she's here in Edmonton.

She's under lock and key, I'm fine with that. Now she can identify as a prisoner.= murdering cow

Canada Needs To Unload Hundreds of Nearly New Chrysler 300s and Chevy Suburbans

https://jalopnik.com/canada-needs-to...ler-1830343840

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Canada Needs To Unload Hundreds of Nearly New Chrysler 300s and Chevy Suburbans

https://jalopnik.com/canada-needs-to...ler-1830343840
    We paid for them give one to someone in need
    Or call Oprah, you get aa car and you get a car!

We waste so much..sigh.

Hmm. One country sent a tweet, the other - a team of assassins.

Jamal Khashoggi: CIA 'blames Saudi prince for murder' - BBC News

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-46245167

Future still uncertain for Saudi students in Canada - University World News
    09 November 2018

“On 3 August 2018 Global Affairs Canada, the federal government department in charge of diplomacy and international trade, sent a tweet...”

http://www.universityworldnews.com/a...81107072128708

Freeland's 'Trump-style tweet' to Saudis damaging to Canada: Baird - BNN Bloomberg
    August 08, 2018

“Saudi Arabia’s central bank and state pension funds have also ordered overseas asset managers to sell off Canadian investments, according to a report by the Financial Times.

“What’s really needed is the prime minister to get on a plane and get over to Riyadh and try to resolve this issue,” said Baird, now senior advisor with Bennett Jones. “That’s in the interests of Canada and Canadian workers and the Canadian people.”

Baird added Canada should treat Saudi Arabia like an ally, especially in light of London, Ont.-based General Dynamics Land Systems’ $15-billion contract to supply military vehicles to the kingdom. The deal with Saudi Arabia was struck by former prime minister Stephen Harper in 2014.

“I don’t think they’ve handled this issue well,” Baird said. “When you sign a $15-billion arms deal, [Saudi Arabia] sort of expect a thank you, especially from the 3,000 jobs that are really at risk in London, Ont. We should be standing beside a friend and ally like Saudi Arabia.”

Baird also added that geopolitical strategy should be considered in keeping the Saudis happy.

“They have the threat from the Islamic State next door that would love to take Mecca and Medina. We want them to be able to defend themselves,” he said. “We don’t want Iran – they’ve already taken out the government in Yemen – and obviously the Saudis are pushing back against Iran.”
    Baird also said that the current regime is working towards modernization.
    “We share the same interests as the Saudis, but we disagree on some values,” Baird said.
    ...”

http://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/freeland-...aird-1.1120883
    Last edited by KC; 17-11-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

If you get a chance listen to the interview between Stephen Harper and Ben Shapiro, this is the national post write up

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...on-u-s-podcast

How I miss Harper... much better speaker and way more educated than Justin

Quote Originally Posted by rupikhalon001 View Post
    If you get a chance listen to the interview between Stephen Harper and Ben Shapiro, this is the national post write up

He's a very smart man. Most people want the self centered, selfie type now. The type that businesses don't want to do business with, poor Canada..the worst is yet to come!

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rupikhalon001 View Post

He's a very smart man. Most people want the self centered, selfie type now. The type that businesses don't want to do business with, poor Canada..the worst is yet to come!
    Yep, the future of Canada is not looking too good right now. Years of stalled pipelines, lax immigration laws and a weak federal government are all coming home to roost now. Our economy is not doing so well, business sentiment is low, increased entitlements at all levels of governments - I wonder if the sun is finally setting on Canada.... We had it good for a long time I suppose, and it was good while it lasted. Nothing lasts forever in the end.

The best thing Canadians did was throw Harper and the CONS out of office. Nothing but sore loser garbage comes from him now.

Good examples of CONS and their "values" regarding Saudi Arabia:

https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2018/08/1...-Saudi-Arabia/

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle26550145/

Especially this CON, John Baird (wonder how his life would get treated there):

https://globalnews.ca/news/4386714/j...ia-tv-trudeau/

Not cancelling the Harper deal is one of Trudeau's biggest failings.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

The best thing Canadians did was throw Harper and the CONS out of office. Nothing but sore loser garbage comes from him now.
    i would trade what we're getting from trudeau and moreau for what we got from harper in a heartbeat.

the real losers in what we're getting now from our federal government are the other 36,709,998 Canadians.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast