Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,800 of 5168

Thread: Liberals And Trudeau - Performance Review!

"A Conservative party spokesman, Simon Jefferies, said in an email to CBC News the Conservatives are not purchasing carbon offsets for their plane."

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From YEG View Post
    "A Conservative party spokesman, Simon Jefferies, said in an email to CBC News the Conservatives are not purchasing carbon offsets for their plane."
    Reality vs optics. Love it.

You can't buy a clean conscience | Colin Beavan

“Now, when I tell my friends that I’m not traveling as part of No Impact Man, they say, “But you can just offset it, right?” Wrong. Donating a little money to plant a tree does not remove the carbon dioxide mainlined into the stratosphere by airplane engines (not that donating money to plant trees is a bad thing). And no, spinmeisters, the presenters of the Academy Awards are not carbon neutral—because there is no such thing as carbon neutral. If you burn fossil fuels, even if you buy offsets, you still contribute to global warming. If you take food from one starving person and try to make up for it by giving the food to another starving person, there will still be a body.”

https://colinbeavan.com/you_cant_buy_a_/

Last edited by KC; 03-10-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Carbon offsets

Trudeau said the Liberals will purchase carbon offsets for all of the campaign transportation on planes and buses.
    "I will highlight that Andrew Scheer and his Conservatives did not purchase carbon offsets for their transportation because they think pollution should be free," he said.
    Amen to that JT.

I’m sure the Liberals will soon be providing me with more useful advice and regulations to encourage me to cut down on my carbon footprint. Maybe mandating smaller kettles for all us commoners.

While in principle carbon offsetting is a recommendable action, it doesn’t reverse the damage done directly. The world's resources are depleting at a dramatic rate, we can’t continue taking private jets and then throwing a few pounds into a charity pot and calling it even. The climate crisis doesn’t exactly work like that. ...

Buying one’s own clean conscience isn’t the solution

Reducing your carbon footprint can be swift and simple. We suggest the following quick tips and tricks if you should actively wish to reduce your carbon usage:

Don’t overfill your kettle - boil what you need
    Dry your clothes outside/on a drying horse as opposed to a tumble dryer
    Shave a minute off your daily showers
    Less meat and more fruit, vegetables, grains and beans
    Don’t settle for standby - switch it firmly off
    Shop second hand over fast fashion where possible
    Switch to LED lights
    Invest in an energy efficient condensing boiler and refrigerator/freezer
    Ensure thermostat valves are on your radiators
    Compost your waste food
    Take public transport where possible, and walk short journeys
    When flying, seek to have direct flights as the take off is carbon emission heavy”

https://www.studiorepublic.com/blog/...tprint-debate/
    Last edited by KC; 03-10-2019 at 09:58 AM.

"The Liberals emit carbon even when they say they shouldn't so that means they're hypocrites & that means I can emit all the carbon I want. Since nobody is perfect I don't have to do anything at all & so long as I'm not the absolute worst there's nothing anyone can say about it!"
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Good.

The whole "buy carbon credits" system is a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Good.

Conservatives are so like this ^ ... What's your solution MrCombust? Ignore the issue exists? Mock scientists and children who care about the planet? If you think that the proposed solution is such a scam, what is your alternative solution?

But I know your all about drive-bys without any real thought or solutions, and just want to see the world burn anyways.
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Good.

Isn't it though. Remember Al Gore..ROFL .Some pople are so bloody gullible
    Animals are my passion.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Good.

Isn't it though. Remember Al Gore..ROFL .Some pople are so bloody gullible

ROFL... speaking from experience eh?
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Good artical. With all of the flights criss crossing the globe, I wonder exactly what is the environmental impact of aviation?
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    Good artical. With all of the flights criss crossing the globe, I wonder exactly what is the environmental impact of aviation?
    He has always been a hypocrite , this just shows by how much!
    Animals are my passion.

"The Liberals emit carbon even when they say they shouldn't so that means they're hypocrites & that means I can emit all the carbon I want. Since nobody is perfect I don't have to do anything at all & so long as I'm not the absolute worst there's nothing anyone can say about it!"
    funny how you post thing, and then the post above this one appears...

I knew I'd land a suckerfish with that bait.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Good.

Well the Conservatives have raised the most money by far, so they certainly could easily afford to buy carbon credits if they wanted too or thought climate change was important at all. I suspect they didn't actually even really think about it, until after they launched their attack against Trudeau.

Spending money on carbon credits is a waste of money and does not help the environment. That whole carbon credits system is one big money-grabbing scam.

Most "environmentalism" is just about trying to force you to feel guilty, then extracting money from your pockets to absolve you of your "sins". It's never about preserving wilderness - there is always your money they want to take a piece of.

I'd be mad if my political donations were going to those scam causes instead of towards the campaign.

Spending money on carbon credits is a waste of money and does not help the environment. That whole carbon credits system is one big money-grabbing scam.

Most "environmentalism" is just about trying to force you to feel guilty, then extracting money from your pockets to absolve you of your "sins". It's never about preserving wilderness - there is always your money they want to take a piece of.

I'd be mad if my political donations were going to those scam causes instead of towards the campaign.
    I suppose if you don't believe in climate change, or take it seriously, or just want to ignore it, or don't think you should pay for pollution, it all makes some sort of logical sense even if the premise is totally delusional.

The CPC is advocating to increase the size of the government, increase government involvement & interference in the private sector while removing transparency to combat climate change.

The party of "small governments" & "free markets"!

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Nailed it

Definitely , nailed it!

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...s.html?sfns=mo

https://twitter.com/RogerHelmerMEP/s...51428925124610
    Last edited by H.L.; 03-10-2019 at 01:42 PM.
    Animals are my passion.

Overall, we rate the American Thinker, Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, promotion of conspiracy theories/pseudoscience, use of poor sources and failed fact checks. (7/18/2016) (M. Huitsing 1/1/2019)
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/american-thinker/

Surprise. Garbage poster likes garbage site that reinforces her garbage beliefs.

Overall, we rate the American Thinker, Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, promotion of conspiracy theories/pseudoscience, use of poor sources and failed fact checks. (7/18/2016) (M. Huitsing 1/1/2019)

Surprise. Garbage poster likes garbage site that reinforces her garbage beliefs.
    and yet he/she (still unsure at this point) will claim she doesn't follow that brainwash conservative stuff.

Surprise - lefty member of the board posts a link to some lefty website that criticizes conservative websites, thinking that's how an argument is won.

This is what propaganda looks like

Get real. You are using propaganda of cherry picked images to support your bigoted opinions?

OK, two can play that game

Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Surprise - lefty member of the board posts a link to some lefty website that criticizes conservative websites, thinking that's how an argument is won.
    except it's not a lefty site Just a site that accurately shows where the bias is. It equally points out a left bias and right bias... but since it's discredited your right wing proganda so many times, you're calling it a lefty site... Mental gymnastics are your strong suite.

Anything that does not fellate God King Trump is entirely leftist & part of the problem.

(Evidently the entire world minus some dictators, American buffoons & our local alt-right wingnut is now a big leftist conspiracy.)

This article says it over and over so it must be true:

Carbon offsetting may increase pollution as experts warn the rich: 'You can't buy a clean conscience'

Carbon offsetting schemes may actually increase pollution, environmentalists believe
    By Sarah Knapton Helena Horton
    20 AUGUST 2019

Excerpt:
    “Carbon offsetting schemes may actually increase pollution and harm local communities, studies have shown, as UN environmental experts called for the rich to stop buying credits ‘in exchange for a clean conscience.’
    ...”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...arn-rich-cant/

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post

except it's not a lefty site Just a site that accurately shows where the bias is. It equally points out a left bias and right bias... but since it's discredited your right wing proganda so many times, you're calling it a lefty site... Mental gymnastics are your strong suite.
    It's no authority on the subject and it's a lefty site.

I know you trust everything written on that website 100%, but i don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Get real. You are using propaganda of cherry picked images to support your bigoted opinions?

OK, two can play that game

How is it a "bigoted opinion" to point out how political rulers have deliberately paraded young girls in braids to push agendas and to use as "shields" against counter-arguments?

https://i.redd.it/ucis0y28mgo31.jpg

Anything that does not praise God King Trump is "lefty", got it.

(And yet another ad hominem attacking the messenger rather than the message. How many times will you keep on trotting out the same tired logical fallacy?)

If the Liberals (Green, NDP) really believed in polluting less, they'd campaign from east to west or west to east and back. They wouldn't leap frog across 3 provinces in a day for the entire campaign period.
    Esse quam videri

Or use bicycles and canoes.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Watch Justin Trudeau call everyone "far right" for criticizing his party's use of two planes while lecturing everyone about how important it is to be environmentally responsible.

https://twitter.com/CTVNews/status/1179871244134617090

Ha ha. What a joker.

Justin "Two Planes" Trudeau vs Andrew "Two Passports" Scheer LOL

Trudeau, Scheer hope new promises gloss over accusations they're hypocrites

https://election.ctvnews.ca/trudeau-...ites-1.4623768
    OTTAWA -- On the federal campaign trail, all the major party leaders are making announcements today, getting back into rhythm after Wednesday night's debate and two days of revelations about multiple campaign planes and multiple passports.

Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau is travelling in Quebec, making his policy promise in Quebec City before heading east to the Rimouski area.

He'll be aiming to get past Conservative claims he's a hypocrite for having two jets for his campaign instead of the more usual one.

Conservative Andrew Scheer is in Toronto, starting out at an airport hotel and finishing with a rally at a pioneer village, hoping to put aside criticism that he's a hypocrite for holding dual citizenship in the U.S. while his party went after other politicians on the same grounds.

Politicians are all hypocrites.

As long as Andrew Scheer only attacks other politicians for having more than one passport, and doesn't shame voters he way Justin Trudeau shames all Canadians for being polluters and racists (after polluting and being racist himself), I am a little bit more OK with that.

Yet you support trump

Trump doesn't attack American voters the way Justin Trudeau attacks Canadian voters (and the way Hillary Clinton attacked voters - i.e. calling them deplorable and irredeemable). That's not why I think Trump is actually doing a good job, but he is a shrewd politician.

Historically speaking, it has been a grave mistake when politicians attack voters instead of solely attacking their opponents.

YOU LIE!
    Trump attacks Democrats and democratic supporters every chance he gets. Seek immediate help for your Dunning–Kruger and cognitive bias issues

Wow

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Degree of cognitive dissonance is proportional to the bombasity of the vitriol. One can sense the blood vessels bursting.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Animals are my passion.

Scheer wants to create a task force to stop the flow of illegal guns entering Canada from the USA.

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pm...ng-in-from-u-s

Makes more sense and is a more workable idea than the Liberals' childish plan to reduce gun violence by just making guns "illegal".

Yet another conservative plan to increase the size of government (going against their core values) in order to try and get one over on the Liberals.

Yet another conservative plan to increase the size of government (going against their core values) in order to try and get one over on the Liberals.
    So are you implying that it’s bad idea?

Trump doesn't attack American voters the way Justin Trudeau attacks Canadian voters (and the way Hillary Clinton attacked voters - i.e. calling them deplorable and irredeemable). That's not why I think Trump is actually doing a good job, but he is a shrewd politician.

Historically speaking, it has been a grave mistake when politicians attack voters instead of solely attacking their opponents.
    So do you believe it was wrong to call some voters deplorable and irredeemable? (Their opinions should be quashed as politically incorrect despite free speech)...

Those on your so-called right should be able to tell it like it is but not those you oppose?

So are you implying that it’s bad idea?
    No, I'm just saying Conservative policy seems to be contrary to fundamental conservative policy.

So do you believe it was wrong to call some voters deplorable and irredeemable? (Their opinions should be quashed as politically incorrect despite free speech)...

Those on your so-called right should be able to tell it like it is but not those you oppose?
    Attacking voters is not a smart thing to do if you are trying to attract votes to your campaign.

Hell, the Conservatives in Alberta even lost an election to the NDP when Jim Prentice told all Albertans to "look in the mirror" in 2015.

I argue that a more important core value of conservatives than restraining the size of government is proper law enforcement and public safety.

I would rather more of my taxes go towards those things than to many other government programs.

Attacking voters is not a smart thing to do if you are trying to attract votes to your campaign.

Hell, the Conservatives in Alberta even lost an election to the NDP when Jim Prentice told all Albertans to "look in the mirror" in 2015.
    Looks to me like Trump attacking voters:

Trump accuses Jewish Democrat voters of 'great disloyalty' - BBC News
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49417157

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/hum...peal-1.5308897

Trudeau government seeks judicial review of tribunal decision to compensate First Nations kids

Pitchforks would be out if this was the conservative government doing this

Quote Originally Posted by trick91 View Post

Trudeau government seeks judicial review of tribunal decision to compensate First Nations kids

I listened to Charlie Angus on this. He really should be leader of the NDP, not Singh.
    Animals are my passion.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

As long as milk is available they will keep milking the government. Sucking the teats of Canada.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

I listened to Charlie Angus on this. He really should be leader of the NDP, not Singh.
    and the liberals could have had mark garneau or jody wilson-rabould. as for the conservatives, at least scheer isn't maxime bernier or kevin o'leary (which might well be faint praise indeed).
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post

and the liberals could have had mark garneau or jody wilson-rabould. as for the conservatives, at least scheer isn't maxime bernier or kevin o'leary (which might well be faint praise indeed).
    Yes, Marc Garneau is someone I like, very much. I suppose if JT ever becomes a liability, maybe he could step in?
    I think the NDP wanted someone younger,perhaps hipper , like JT. While I think Singh is a good speaker, I'm not sure he resonates with the party.
    At least Layton didn't wear flashy Rolex watches, and tailor made suits, or drive a BMW coupe, the latter Singh gave up, to take away the image of his being well off and could talk about everyday issues, that Layton was good at.
    Nathan Cullen was also very good, during the SNC enquiries, Nathan was excellent, he's not running either.
    Animals are my passion.

I don't know why the NDP didn't go with Angus from Ontario or Nathan Cullen from BC. They had been around Federally for quite a while and had solid knowledge on the issues. It has been such a steep learning curve for Singh, because all his previous experience was provincially in Ontario and not having a seat as MP for a quite a while sure didn't help raise his profile when he really needed to do that.

There were some solid Conservative leadership candidates, but none that stood out like Bernier or O'Leary who were quite polarizing and divisive. I think they would have been smarter to go with a leadership candidate from the east, they had several solid ones from Ontario running. Having an MP from Saskatchewan as leader tends to just reinforce that the Conservatives are still mostly a western focused party and while that may play quite well here, it hurts them some in Ontario and in many other parts of eastern Canada.

I think the Liberals would look to someone newer if and when Trudeau goes. If they win a minority or majority, he will be around for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    As long as milk is available they will keep milking the government. Sucking the teats of Canada.
    Who are you referring to?

Yup. It’s almost certainly just about the money and not about what’s right.

The Bloc party in Quebec is getting International attention:

https://news.mb.com.ph/2019/10/04/ri...b0d8-309377317

Blanchet keeps gaining in popularity the more he speaks. I don't think the Liberals expected to be fighting this battle right now.

LMAO!!

Not worry though fellow citizens, applying carbon penalties for the extra aircraft will make the air much cleaner. Way better than only using ONE plane. Good example to set.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

I've always said that I was a "progressive conservative" but where there might be a conflict between those two goals, the financial side of the equation would have to take second place to things like basic human rights and health. This has to be one of - if not the - most mishandled federal files there is based on the promises that were made in the last election and this is the kind of response to that that will earn Jagmeet Singh votes across the country.

I've always said that I was a "progressive conservative" but where there might be a conflict between those two goals, the financial side of the equation would have to take second place to things like basic human rights and health. This has to be one of - if not the - most mishandled federal files there is based on the promises that were made in the last election and this is the kind of response to that that will earn Jagmeet Singh votes across the country.

The conservatives did a crap job as well
    We give BILLIONS in aid, and yet our FN can't have clean drinking water??
    Animals are my passion.

The Bloc party in Quebec is getting International attention:

https://news.mb.com.ph/2019/10/04/ri...b0d8-309377317

Blanchet keeps gaining in popularity the more he speaks. I don't think the Liberals expected to be fighting this battle right now.

Why is Blanchet in the English debate.? Six parties, five moderators, do they have democrat envy? LOL
    Animals are my passion.

Not related to the Liberals, but what a bunch of bigots these guys are :

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...test-1.5313443

1 comment so far on the National debate?

Or are those comments occurring somewhere else?

Scheer is really unsuited for these types of things. Trying to be nice to a fault he lets Trudeau speak over him several times in the debate and does not even raise his voice one time. He was interrupted lots of times and only once, with Bernier, did he point it out or attempt to state his case.

All Trudeau had to do in this debate is loudly talk over Scheer or May any time they were speaking. Which loud mouth was certainly prepared to do. The moderator did not intervene once with the suggestion that Trudeaus talking moments weren't all the time.

The only time Trudeau was quiet Ironically was at times with Blanchet, who's party should never be allowed on a NATIONAL debate. What is NATIONAL about this party that doesn't even run candidates nationwide? Define National..

If this was an Alberta sovereigntist party does anybody think they would be allowed on the National debate?

Blanchet refusing to even identify as a Canadian multiple times during the debate. Its basically him, and the broadcaster trolling Canada. How every leader failed to call this fool out is anybodies guess. To his credit Trudeau was the only one who rebuked his divisive "I'm only here for Quebec" stated rhetoric. Trudeau did it one time. The cowardly other leaders failed to call it out once apparently for fear of losing any Quebec votes. Disgusting. An agenda candidate in the National debate refuses Canada, and none of the other National leaders stand up for Canada in the Canadian National debate.

Can there be a non of the above on the ballot. I don't want to spoil a ballot. I want to specifically indicate that none of these parties or candidates is deserving my vote.
    Last edited by Replacement; 08-10-2019 at 02:11 PM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rupikhalon001 View Post

My conspiracy theory side is showing again but I can't help wondering if Max Bernier is a set up puppet candidate designed to split the right.

Yeah, coming in second in the CPC leadership race was a total plant. And he would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those rotten kids!

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rupikhalon001 View Post

My conspiracy theory side is showing again but I can't help wondering if Max Bernier is a set up puppet candidate designed to split the right.
    well... the day after the debate and it doesn't seem to have made things any clearer.

i've even heard it described as canada's world affairs effort to make the donald and boris johnson look good.

it might not be quite that bad but it certainly didn't help.

elizabeth may saying she wants to be canada's first woman prime minister. forgetting of course that we have already had canada's first woman prime minister. maybe the fact she was a conservative and no-one wants to acknowledge the party's progressive side? the greens might have been an option at one point if they hadn't selected a local candidate that's a bit of a goof with no qualifications for the job and hanging their hat on some policies that would be the same disaster for the country that they preach climate change is.

maxime berniere comes across as canada's shining example - second of course to doug ford - of what's wrong with populist politics everywhere.

yves-francois blanchet? wtf is he even doing in a national leadership debate? even if he won every single riding in which his party will run a candidate, it is numerically impossible for him to become the next prime minister.

andrew scheer came across as a nice person trying really hard for a position he aspires to but some of the policy positions he put forward don't seem particularly well thought out. balancing that of course is that most of the alternative policy decisions put forward don't seem much better and are in some cases worse.

jagmeet singh probably gave the best "performance" and came across as being a sensitive, aware person but also ham-strung by some policy decisions that are almost guaranteed to turn out as badly as elizabeth may's.

justin trudeau's performance couldn't seem to move past smugness and rote lines - i thought if i heard "we've lifted 900,000 Canadians including 300,000 children out of poverty" one more time my tv's physical well-being might be in jeopardy. it certainly wasn't inspiring or believable enough for me to change my opinion from what it was at the start of the spectacle.

so we listened to 6 "possible" leaders in the leaders' debate. one of them shouldn't have been on the stage (noting that i have also heard that none of them should have been on the stage) as his party runs no candidates outside of quebec. tell me again why he had a podium? one of them shouldn't have been on the stage (or more accurately is running on principles and a platform that scares me a little). one of them has such an unsupportable local candidate that the policies and the leader are moot. one of them remains an unsupportable leader. of the remaining two, i have issues with some aspects of both platforms and could readily support some aspects of both programs. deciding between them will probably require a decision based on a more detailed review of their platforms and policies and their respective candidates in the riding being able to represent our local and regional interests in ottawa.
    Last edited by kcantor; 08-10-2019 at 03:34 PM.

^Jagmeet probably won the debate, and certainly had to, and vote splitting in the East might be helpful in mitigating Liberal accumulation of seats in the East.

Being that Blanchet was in the debate I was hoping he could at least appear somewhat credible given it could possibly split votes in Quebec. He comes across as somebody who's downed a few too many bottles of spirit. Was he slurring his speech at one point? Seemed particularly cantankerous on the day. Listening to him in the Debate one would think it was Referendum and this was the 70's or 80's. He speaks of licence and mandate he doesn't possess.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

I don't know of anyone, that thought this format was good. We certainly didn't heed the bloc, or Bernier there.
    Animals are my passion.

I don't know of anyone, that thought this format was good. We certainly didn't heed the bloc, or Bernier there.
    The talk over each other fest wasn't really either that entertaining or educational. One part of the problem was definitely the size - six leaders, but really the debate needed more firm rules and not to be a free for all that it descended into. The size just made it worse and more unmanageable.

First rule, shut off the mikes of everyone else while one person is speaking. Second rule, if the speaker criticizes another leader or party, the other leader gets an immediate rebuttal for say 30 seconds.

It probably wouldn't solve all the problems, but you could at least hear them clearly and perhaps the drive by smears would be reduced somewhat by knowing their opponent would get an opportunity to respond.

^ Exactly, the two non-starters were only what amounted to clutter. Why do these guys get airtime?
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    The talk over each other fest wasn't really either that entertaining or educational. One part of the problem was definitely the size - six leaders, but really the debate needed more firm rules and not to be a free for all that it descended into. The size just made it worse and more unmanageable.

First rule, shut off the mikes of everyone else while one person is speaking. Second rule, if the speaker criticizes another leader or party, the other leader gets an immediate rebuttal for say 30 seconds.

It probably wouldn't solve all the problems, but you could at least hear them clearly and perhaps the drive by smears would be reduced somewhat by knowing their opponent would get an opportunity to respond.
    But they had so little time to answer the questions, let alone respond to the others. If they had one moderator that could cut off their microphones, and less of them taking part. Bernier and the bloc weren't going to be our next PM, all it did was muddy the waters ( which some people, thought was the idea)
    Animals are my passion.

I didn't watch the debate, I don't want to hear a few minutes of sound bites with all the participants interrupting each other.
    I'd rather read each party's platform.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Nobody stands out. Wish there was a statesman type to vote for. With CEOs being paid millions I think the private sector is taking the best minds and we’re stuck with these duds. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Other things that bothered me is we once again we have endured a Quebec first Prime Minister, we have a Quebec located National debate, we have a Prime Minister who caters to Quebec interests specifically and we have a Quebec only party participating in a National debate. That's a lot of Quebec leaning going on in the midst of an LNC Lavelin "job preserving" term in office.

We also had a French Language debate prior to the English Language debate.

Trudeau has attended only 2 National debates both in friendly confines that suited him. He did this specifically. Having the boldness to show up in a language debate he is most comfortable in, and in a Quebec hosted debate. You think he'd show up in a Western Canada hosted National debate?

The other thing is that the format of including 3 essentially non entity parties was seemingly intended to mute the whole affair, spread it out, and minimize the body punches of the two main leaders. By doing so the debate was formatted to maintain the Trudeau status quo by giving Scheer less time and opportunity to score punches. The presence of May, Blanchet essentially only being Conservative hating lackies that rebalanced the tone and stance of the debate and took the focus away from Trudeau's record in office.

May was just an embarrassment. Worse than even Blanchet.

Finally, the Cons war room is really bad right now. They need to be feeding Scheer with better ammunitition and tactical reply. 3 times Trudeau pulled the Scheer is just like Harper, Bernier, Ford card which is interesting in itself that he had to go to the extent of not attacking Scheer personally but going to tertiary Con levels to try to flame Scheer. Scheers response ought to have been that he doesn't have to cite other liberals, but only look at Trudeaus own actions in leadership. TRudeau provided an opportunity there and it wasn't jumped on. Many more like that.

One of the reasons the Liberals are getting away with an improbably poor term in office is that the Cons have been so bad at holding the Liberals feet over the fire. The Cons have been really ineffective and overall deserve to lose the election due to it. Trudeau has self destructed so many times, and so severely, that a second term in office should be an impossibility. Yet we have another likely majority liberal govt.
    Last edited by Replacement; 09-10-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Nobody stands out. Wish there was a statesman type to vote for. With CEOs being paid millions I think the private sector is taking the best minds and we’re stuck with these duds. lol
    If they are staying in the private sector because they make great wages, then essentially by definition - they are no statesmen.

I’d say Singh stands out as intelligent, socially reasonable, heart in the right place, seemingly very authentic, etc.

It’s just too bad that his NDP is so damned dogmatic like the Conservatives. Same old story with the NDP, if any of them had started and run a fully private sector business and taken all the associated risks, they’d have a different view of economic and fiscal issues. (Both the Union/Trade-class in the NDP and the Management/Professional-class of the Conservatives are cut from the same cloth and it’s not the entrepreneurial or business owner cloth.)

There’s the explorers, discoverers, peacemakers, pioneers and then there’s the colonists, farmers, settlers and squatters.

The inventor, the prospector, the creator vs the producer, the extractor, the miner, the depleter.
    Last edited by KC; 09-10-2019 at 06:14 AM.

"if any of them had started and run a fully private sector business and taken all the associated risks, they’d have a different view of economic and fiscal issues."

We could say this about all the current choices.

Quote Originally Posted by BalancedOP View Post
    "if any of them had started and run a fully private sector business and taken all the associated risks, they’d have a different view of economic and fiscal issues."

We could say this about all the current choices.
    Yes! Little in the way of well balanced experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Other things that bothered me is we once again we have endured a Quebec first Prime Minister, we have a Quebec located National debate, we have a Prime Minister who caters to Quebec interests specifically and we have a Quebec only party participating in a National debate. That's a lot of Quebec leaning going on in the midst of an LNC Lavelin "job preserving" term in office.

We also had a French Language debate prior to the English Language debate.

Trudeau has attended only 2 National debates both in friendly confines that suited him. He did this specifically. Having the boldness to show up in a language debate he is most comfortable in, and in a Quebec hosted debate. You think he'd show up in a Western Canada hosted National debate?

Not sure what you're going on about here. Trudeau is viewed very much as an outsider in Quebec. He's much more comfortable speaking in English than in French.

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    ^ Exactly, the two non-starters were only what amounted to clutter. Why do these guys get airtime?
    Because the precedent was set when the Reform Party was allowed into the debates in the 90s. Imagine the howls of outrage from Alberta if they had been blocked from attending.

The Reform Party was not a one province party.

It wasn't national either. And the Bloc got more votes than Reform did.

Grit candidate apologizes for defending Trudeau blackface pics

https://edmontonsun.com/news/nationa...8-3ebc008fb310

Talk about a quick flip-flop, this one from liberal candidate Judy Sgro.

From this at the end of September....
    “Those in the black community have told me how much more love they have for the prime minister, that he wanted to have a black face, he took great pride in that too.“They (the black community) are very supportive and they are actually looking for finding more ways that they can show how much they support and love the prime minister.”

To this at the end of the first week in October...
    “The comments I made on GBKM FM were insensitive. I should have known better, and I apologize,”
    “The history of blackface is deeply racist and it is nothing other than discriminatory. This issue has sparked an important conversation in our country and needs to be treated with great seriousness and sensitivity.”

...in the span of little more than a week.

Amazing how some politicians can completely change their opinion in such a short period of time. With a little help from the public, of course. So incredibly sincere, lmaf.
    Last edited by Stoneman; 09-10-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    All from one province. Does your head hurt when you have difficulty comprehending one rational point?

Repeat that the BQ are a one province party, deriving ALL their seats from that one province.

The Reform party ran candidates in several provinces.

Okotoks rancher Eddie Maurice files counterclaim against intruder he shot on his property

https://edmontonsun.com/news/crime/okotoks-rancher-eddie-maurice-files-counterclaim-against-intruder-he-shot-on-his-property/wcm/e4c7a850-66c2-4b12-9116-0c423f9d2117

Hopefully the courts do the right thing on this, after the Maurice family has already suffered so much. What a wacked out politically correct society we live in. Just about time for JTurd to step in and offer some compensation to the perpetrator.

In 1993 they ran everywhere but Quebec.

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    All from one province. Does your head hurt when you have difficulty comprehending one rational point?

Repeat that the BQ are a one province party, deriving ALL their seats from that one province.

The Reform party ran candidates in several provinces.
    And still had fewer votes and MPs than the BQ.

Liberal candidate apologizes for past racist, homophobic and sexist social media posts

Trudeau won't remove Jaime Battiste from Liberal roster for racist, sexist social-media posts

"Jaime Battiste, the federal Liberal candidate for the Nova Scotia riding of Sydney-Victoria, has apologized after the Toronto Sun asked him about damning sexist, homophobic, and offensive comments he posted to social media from February 2012 onward.

The posts made light of drinking and driving, were demeaning towards women, made fun of heavily-accented Chinese people, and included inappropriate language and homophobic remarks while also speaking positively of socialism."

No problem, as the individual is indigenous, as well as a Liberal candidate. All good.

The bloc had 1,846,024 votes while the Reform Party had 2,559,245 votes in the 1993 federal election. So, yeah, math.

I agree I was wrong about the number of votes. However, the Bloc won 54 seats and the Reform won 52. The Bloc still had more representation than the Refomers.

Besides, these are called Leaders debates, not "Parties likely to win" debates. Otherwise, it would be just the Liberals and Conservatives on the stage.

I agree I was wrong about the number of votes. However, the Bloc won 54 seats and the Reform won 52. The Bloc still had more representation than the Refomers.

Besides, these are called Leaders debates, not "Parties likely to win" debates. Otherwise, it would be just the Liberals and Conservatives on the stage.

I think the point is that it really should be for national parties, not ones that only have a vested interest in one isolated part. Unless you enjoy hearing the Bloc leader blathering on and on about what's good for Quebec and nothing else.

Animals are my passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post

I think the point is that it really should be for national parties, not ones that only have a vested interest in one isolated part. Unless you enjoy hearing the Bloc leader blathering on and on about what's good for Quebec and nothing else.
    You're welcome to sponsor a debate using whatever criteria you like.

How about Justin's firing of female indigenous Wilson-Raybauld for obeying the law.

So you read the CBC news? I’m impressed at your openness to new experiences.

Hmm. “Those in the black community have told me...”. Sooo... what’s the problem? Controlling thought, censorship of freedom of speech, the prevention of “telling it like it is”, the policing of speaking the truth, or is it: flat out lying?

"Those in the black community have told me how much more love they have for the prime minister, that he wanted to have a black face. That he took great pride in that, too," Sgro said. "And that it's the media that have blown this into something that it shouldn't be and that they're very supportive."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sgr...ments-15314744
    Last edited by KC; 10-10-2019 at 07:43 AM.

So you read the CBC news? I’m impressed at your openness to new experiences.
    Cheeky. It was in my Google news feed.
    Animals are my passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post

You're welcome to sponsor a debate using whatever criteria you like.
    Blanchet's stated criteria was appearing in a Canadian National Debate while self identifying that he was a Quebecer, and NOT identifying as Canadian.

Your hero JT even called out Blanchet on that hypocrisy. If anything but reluctance didn't rule the debate everybody present would have asked Blanchet why he is even there.

You should have watched. Seeing that you are ridiculously justifying Blanchets presence at the debate.

I'm not saying that it's right or wrong. Just that it's been done before and it's a LEADERS debate. He's the leader of a party that has official status in the House of Commons. Like it or not, he fits the chosen criteria.

How did you feel about Jason Kenney making separatist comments? Is he a hypocrite for now travelling across the country for a national party?
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 10-10-2019 at 01:08 PM.

I'm not saying that it's right or wrong. Just that it's been done before and it's a LEADERS debate. He's the leader of a party that has official status in the House of Commons. Like it or not, he fits the chosen criteria.

How did you feel about Jason Kenney making separatist comments? Is he a hypocrite for now travelling across the country for a national party?
    Is separatism part of the UPC's platform? And based on this article, Kenny doesn't need to say much of anything about separatism considering what is at stake in this election.

https://edmontonsun.com/opinion/colu...-this-election

And we're not debating as to whether it fits the chosen criteria. We're advocating that the criteria should be changed/adjusted. You seem to be fine with it though.
    Last edited by Stoneman; 10-10-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Default Scheer replacement?

Oh oh ... He might have to go back to complete those Insurance Broker courses after all.

Conservatives Reportedly Might Already Be Shopping For A Scheer Replacement

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/elections/conservatives-reportedly-might-already-be-shopping-for-a-scheer-replacement/ar-AAIAwjy?li=AAggNb9

Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 LastLast