Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
Results 2,301 to 2,343 of 2343

Thread: Liberals And Trudeau - Performance Review!

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Jason Kenney's approval last fall - 38%

Trudeau's approval rating today - 44%

... hmmm, maybe too soon for the Conservatives to break out the champagne.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

I love champagne, we are having some at Easter dinner..so it doesn't matter to me. I'm just happy that people see right through the phony JT

http://pressprogress.ca/andrew-schee...of-voters-too/

Last year, at the Manning Centre’s Alberta Networking Conference in Red Deer, Hamish Marshall – a backroom conservative strategist who founded the alt-right Rebel Media website and ran Andrew Scheer’s Conservative leadership campaign – told conservative activists they need to focus on the “emotions” of individual voters if they ever hope to win again.
    Until recently, Marshall was the president of Torch Agency, a firm that combines public opinion research and political communications.
    The website does indicate several past clients are major Canadian political parties, including the federal Conservative Party of Canada, the Ontario PCs, the Manitoba PCs and the Saskatchewan Party. The nature of the work Torch Agency provided is not disclosed.
    Ugh. Skeevy intrusive opportunist mind games seem to be the go to strategy for Conservatives.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

LOL, too funny ..

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Really fair comparison there Dave. JT's been on the national scene now for how long?

Jason Kenney for how long?
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

How many years did it take JT to get to 44% from a nation of 30 Million compared to Kenney's 38% from a Province of 4 million since last fall 6 months ago?

Pretty good for Kenney I'd say. I'll have my champagne in a glass set at room temp thank you.

http://business.financialpost.com/op...#comments-area

The comment section is interesting..

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

On the news last night they were saying that if Canada had to meet the 2030 goals, Canada would have to remove the equivalent ~ 44 million cars off the road/year.

http://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn...e-auditors-say

Why hasn't Alberta Greenpeace poster boy Mike Hudema ventured to the Kinder Morgan protest site yet to get arrested like Elizabeth May? We can excuse David Suzuki, he's 82 years old.
    Last edited by envaneo; 29-03-2018 at 01:08 AM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Even though Elizabeth May's getting "protest arrest" tactic had other motives, at least she had the Kahunas to practice what she preaches. Remember how Hudema sent his foot soldiers to Fort Mac to get arrested while he wouldn't?

Hudema is a creep!
    At least May was sober, she's such a crass American.

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post

Really fair comparison there Dave. JT's been on the national scene now for how long?

Actually Kenney has been in politics for much longer than Trudeau, at least 20 years now I think. Most of it as a fairly high profile MP from Calgary, he has made a career of politics. Perhaps that explains the lower approval rating, it usually goes down the longer someone is in politics.

It will be interesting to see what happens in Ontario with Ford. Ontario doesn't have a carbon tax, instead uses a cap and trade system. There is a lot of debate about which is better or if they are equivalent. Under their previous leader, the Ontario PC's put a carbon tax in their platform, I think on the basis it was not as hidden and more upfront and it would also allow them to fund their election promises.

Now Ford has axed the revenue source, but so far kept the expensive promises from the PC platform. I can see the Ontario Liberals attacking the PC's platform for resulting in a bigger deficit than they have now - that should cause great concern for fiscal conservatives.

If he gets elected, I can see Ford wiggling out of the no carbon tax promise somehow, maybe he will go back to the cap and trade system the Liberals were ok with or something similar. He will need some revenue source to pay for all the promises in his platform.

Actually Kenney has been in politics for much longer than Trudeau, at least 20 years now I think. Most of it as a fairly high profile MP from Calgary, he has made a career of politics. Perhaps that explains the lower approval rating, it usually goes down the longer someone is in politics.
    He's doing better in Alberta now..I'm thrilled

It will be interesting to see what happens in Ontario with Ford. Ontario doesn't have a carbon tax, instead uses a cap and trade system. There is a lot of debate about which is better or if they are equivalent. Under their previous leader, the Ontario PC's put a carbon tax in their platform, I think on the basis it was not as hidden and more upfront and it would also allow them to fund their election promises.

Now Ford has axed the revenue source, but so far kept the expensive promises from the PC platform. I can see the Ontario Liberals attacking the PC's platform for resulting in a bigger deficit than they have now - that should cause great concern for fiscal conservatives.

If he gets elected, I can see Ford wiggling out of the no carbon tax promise somehow, maybe he will go back to the cap and trade system the Liberals were ok with or something similar. He will need some revenue source to pay for all the promises in his platform.
    Wynne has been in power too long. All her freebies are not free, someone will have to pay
    I can see this carbon tax going nowhere, if/when the left is kicked out of provinces

His party is doing ok now that he killed of the PC competion, but I don't think he is that well liked. He better hope the party doesn't have a coup before the election like the PC's did in Ontario, when they sensed their former leader wasn't that appealing. I get the sense Jean is quietly waiting in the wings in case something happens.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I'm not a UPC supporter or a fan but after 20 years cut Kenny some slack. He's paid his dues.

I'm not a UPC supporter or a fan but after 20 years cut Kenny some slack. He's paid his dues.
    I think he is an obnoxious,self righteous, blowhard, so whether he has "paid his dues" or not is not relevant to me. I don't owe him anything and I don't feel the need to suck up to him or kiss his butt.

MALCOLM: Real women aren't fooled by Trudeau's fake feminism

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is a proud feminist. He tells us over and over and over again.

But Canadian women aren’t impressed. A recent Ipsos poll revealed that more women plan to vote for Conservatives than Liberals in the 2019 election.

Women also care about being respected and treated fairly. When Conservative MP and former cabinet minister Lisa Raitt criticized Trudeau’s recent budget for its lack of substance, Finance Minister Bill Morneau called her a “Neanderthal.”

This isn’t as bad as when Trudeau elbowed NDP MP Ruth-Ellen Brosseau in the chest, but it’s part of the same troubling pattern.

If you disagree with Trudeau and his agenda, you’re viewed as sub-human.

Even on the topic of sexual harassment, the Liberal record is appalling. There are currently five Liberal MPs suspended from caucus for alleged sexual harassment: Scott Andrews, Massimo Pacetti, Hunter Tootoo, Kent Hehr and Darshan Kang.

On top of that, Claude-Éric Gagné, a top aide in Trudeau’s Prime Minister’s Office, is currently “on leave” amidst similar allegations.

Trudeau pretends to champion women’s issues, but his brand of narrow radical feminism is backfiring.

Trudeau is a fake feminist, and he can’t fool real women.

http://torontosun.com/opinion/column...-fake-feminism

I think he is an obnoxious,self righteous, blowhard, so whether he has "paid his dues" or not is not relevant to me. I don't owe him anything and I don't feel the need to suck up to him or kiss his butt.
    I wasn't aware he asked you to do that...lol

His party is doing ok now that he killed of the PC competion, but I don't think he is that well liked. He better hope the party doesn't have a coup before the election like the PC's did in Ontario, when they sensed their former leader wasn't that appealing. I get the sense Jean is quietly waiting in the wings in case something happens.
    I think you'll find Jean is done with politics..

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I wasn't aware he asked you to do that...lol
    Hehehehe

Liberal popularity now 33.7%
    PC popularity now 37.7%

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ Is that Federal or Provincial?

Federal obviously. Since when have Liberals ever had 33.7% here. They were up with Lawrence Decore at one time but I doubt that they went to 33.7

JT has been slipping in the polls since last October. I'm good with that.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Federal obviously. Since when have Liberals ever had 33.7% here. They were up with Lawrence Decore at one time but I doubt that they went to 33.7
    Actually on 3 occasions we had a Liberal Premier here in Alberta. You can look it up.
    Last edited by envaneo; 31-03-2018 at 12:41 PM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I've never voted liberal or NDP but polls are like riding on a swing, they go up and down.

What do you think would make Trudeau's approval rating rise during his term? And don't offer up something stupid like "Get out of politics."

I've never voted liberal or NDP but polls are like riding on a swing, they go up and down.

What do you think would make Trudeau's approval rating rise during his term? And don't offer up something stupid like "Get out of politics."
    He needs to be in QP more often, he needs to stop with his own petty agenda, and look after the whole country!
    Stop spending for gods same, our debt on every level is getting higher and higher! Stop parading around countries telling them what they must do to be just like him!!
    Last edited by H.L.; 31-03-2018 at 10:32 PM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I can agree with the scandal stuff but that's mostly media exploiting that. I think Ottawa is taking the right approach doing as far as the criminal justice system goes. Too much catch & release in our communities. Police are getting frustrated. The article link below has mainly to do with Calgary but it applies here as well:

http://calgarysun.com/news/crime/rev...public-at-risk

Federal after all we don't have a provincial PC party now.
    Justin could do something for his popularity to rise. But if you look at how long it has taken to legalize marijuana I doubt he'll do much in the coming 16 months left to make himself more popular.
    He could have fired Sajjan or Mourneau to prove he has integrity, but he didn't. More likely he'll do more stupid things like saying there is no money for veterans while paying terrorists millions.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ In agreement with everything you said

Or he could do a carbon tax refund claw back on seniors.

Doesn't need to do much as the backwards CONS will continue to show they have more in common with the Trump agenda than with Canadian values.

“Canadian values” are what?

Did you sing God save the Queen this morning?

Canadian values?? JT is a little dictator!

Canadian Mosque was vandalized in another Islamophobic hate crime on the weekend:

https://twitter.com/FJMallon/status/980401017371156480

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Canadian values?

^ In agreement with everything you said

Or he could do a carbon tax refund claw back on seniors.
    Wasn't it the Federal PC's that originally brought in the seniors claw back? Around the time they brought in the GST, I think.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ Yes but look how that turned out.

The current claw back issue is over Alberta senior residence in a seniors lodge, that they should have to pay 30% of their Alberta carbon credit back to the residence they live in:

https://globalnews.ca/video/4109666/...bate-claw-back

The current claw back issue is over Alberta senior residence in a seniors lodge, that they should have to pay 30% of their Alberta carbon credit back to the residence they live in:

Go seniors!!!

And the government is the one making sense here. The carbon tax rebate is supposed to compensate for extra costs due to the carbon tax. For people who are not paying for any energy and no carbon tax it's income, so it should be taken into account when determining how much to directly subsidise people's housing costs.
    There can only be one.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander II View Post

And the government is the one making sense here. The carbon tax rebate is supposed to compensate for extra costs due to the carbon tax. For people who are not paying for any energy and no carbon tax it's income, so it should be taken into account when determining how much to directly subsidise people's housing costs.
    Exactly, where do these seniors get off thinking they are above the income tax act ? Just because you are a senior does not mean you at A) above the law B) get special treatment.

Oh, just wait till CBC gets hold of these. They'll be wheeling poor unfortunate seniors out in front of the cameras. Who does deserve a break will be the family with young kids just scraping enough dollars to get through the week.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ Seniors are upset because some property management firms are "taking away 30% of their" carbon tax credit they receive once a year. Its a tax grab. How they "take this away" is the property management firm charges them 30% more per year on seniors rent. It may seem like a small amount but what's next when the Feds introduce their revenue neutral carbon tax? Or the city etc, etc. Not every senior receives a carbon credit.

Households making in excess of the carbon levy threshold do not receive a carbon credit. Besides Trudeau has already bent over backwards to help the middle class as it is.

^ Seniors are upset because some property management firms are "taking away 30% of their" carbon tax credit they receive once a year. Its a tax grab. How they "take this away" is the property management firm charges them 30% more per year on seniors rent. It may seem like a small amount but what's next when the Feds introduce their revenue neutral carbon tax? Or the city etc, etc. Not every senior receives a carbon credit.

Households making in excess of the carbon levy threshold do not receive a carbon credit. Besides Trudeau has already bent over backwards to help the middle class as it is.
    Seniors who don't get the carbon credit aren't in subsidized housing, so they aren't affected.

When/if a federal carbon tax comes these seniors won't pay more because they don't pay for their own utilities. They'll be fine. They're literally complaining about a carbon tax that gives them free money to "compensate" for expenses that they don't have. Expenses that their housing operator DOES have.

Again, this is only people in subsidized housing where rent is fixed at 30% of income, and their income has gone up by the carbon tax rebate amount. These are people who haven't seen rent increases due to market forces or increases in the actual cost of providing that housing.
    There can only be one.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324