Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344
Results 4,301 to 4,314 of 4314

Thread: Liberals And Trudeau - Performance Review!

Palling around with someone so radical that Rebel Media didn't want anything to do with them probably won't bother the hard core Conservative base but for other voters, it's more than just a distraction as Scheer calls it.

Faith Goldy Friendship Prompts Tory Candidate To Bail From Scheer Event
    The Conservative leader called a string of candidate revelations a distraction.

OTTAWA — Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer’s plans for a “down day” to take his family to a wave pool were dampened Saturday after he was pressed about an Ottawa-area candidate’s friendship with white supremacist Faith Goldy.

Scheer faced new questions about his party’s links with Goldy after an undated video surfaced showing a reality show pilot pitched by the Kanata-Carleton candidate Justina McCaffrey and the controversial far-right figure.

McCaffrey, a wedding dress designer, describes Goldy as “wonderful” in the video.

“I have obviously made it clear that I won’t have anything to do with that individual,” Scheer said about Goldy at an event to support McCaffrey’s campaign in Kanata, Ont. He called the video a distraction.

McCaffrey, who was at the event to deliver introductory remarks, left abruptly and avoided reporters’ questions.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b00d6905998f11
    A brief history of the Conservatives relationship with white nationalist Faith Goldy.

From April.

Facebook’s White Nationalist Ban Spotlights Conservatives’ Faith Goldy Ties
    The former Rebel Media personality was finally banned from the platform, but she leaves behind a long legacy of rubbing shoulders with Canada’s most powerful conservatives.

While most Conservatives have kept a wide berth from Goldy and her associates since her white nationalism became explicit, the most powerful Conservative in the country has not. Recently Scheer spoke at a Yellow Vest rally in Ottawa, not too long after he finished Goldy addressed the same crowd. Further to that, Scheer’s connection to the Rebel and their far-right figures is one that’s impossible to ignore. The campaign manager for Scheer’s successful leadership bid and the chair of the Conservative election campaign is Hamish Marshall, a corporate director of the Rebel. Marshall has since stepped away from the Rebel and said he didn’t have an editorial role at the company.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/g...ldy-connection

It makes you wonder if the federal Conservatives even bother to vet their candidates or if they just don't care. Or maybe what the Ontation PCs see as a problem, Scheer sees as a plus.

Tory candidate Scheer defended deemed 'extremely controversial and problematic' in 2016 vetting report

"OTTAWA - A candidate running for Andrew Scheer’s Conservatives was deemed by the party's provincial counterpart to be "extremely controversial and problematic" and accused of promoting online conspiracy theories, according to a past vetting report obtained by CTV News.

Ghada Melek, the federal candidate for Mississauga-Streetsville -- who Scheer has attended events with and spent part his first week of the election campaign defending -- was given a "strict red light" recommendation in 2016 when she was looking to run for the Ontario Progressive Conservatives.

"This recommendation is a strict red light. There are many anti-gay/LGBT and even sterilization posts that make this candidate extremely controversial and problematic,” said an email attached to the 2016 vetting report and sent to the Ontario PC party leadership.

I don't think I can stress enough that this candidate should not be approved," the email concluded.

The pages of the report, obtained by CTV News, highlight multiple posts that appear to be from Melek’s social media accounts, sharing offensive or controversial articles on a range of topics, from gender-neutral washrooms and the Ontario sex-education curriculum, to depopulation, family values, and evolution."

https://election.ctvnews.ca/tory-can...port-1.4593683

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

^

they vet them as well - or as poorly - as the liberals and the ndp.

they are pretty much all selected from within by their local constituencies based on their ongoing involvement and the number of people they know and vice versa.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

You'd think that there would be some overlap and that a provincial "strict red light" would somehow show up for the feds.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    You'd think that there would be some overlap and that a provincial "strict red light" would somehow show up for the feds.
    you'd think. except who do you think would control those red lights that doesn't have a vested interest in not seeing them lit or lit for the wrong reasons?

i would love to be a fly on the wall watching the red light debate on who controls the switches if libby davies ever decided to contest the ndp vancouver east nomination contest against jenny kwan...
    Last edited by kcantor; Yesterday at 02:40 PM.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Trudeau is desparate digging up dirt on someone from over 20 years ago. Voters are not that gulible anymore.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    Trudeau is desparate digging up dirt on someone from over 20 years ago. Voters are not that gulible anymore.
    Its ridiculous, he doesn't show up for a debate, but he's the dishonest liar, who is fit to run this country.
    The bar is set pretty low.
    Animals are my passion.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Lets remember that Trudork isn't the only PM that hasn't shown up for a leadership debate. However its been mostly Liberals that don't show up for a televised debate since these debates have been televised since 1968.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Lets remember that Trudork isn't the only PM that hasn't shown up for a leadership debate. However its been mostly Liberals that don't show up for a televised debate since these debates have been televised since 1968.
    He's an @sshole, that panders to Quebec.
    Animals are my passion.

And yet he still maintains a 10% lead over Scheer for who people prefer as PM even though the parties are pretty much neck and neck.

And Scheer has been caught in a number of lies, such as about refugees who show up at the border are jumping the queue. Which they aren't. Or calling the UN compact on immigration as legally binding, which it isn't.

Liberals, Tories in tight race, though Trudeau remains preferred PM: Nanos survey

The Nanos survey also asked eligible voters: Of the current federal political party leaders, could you please rank your top two current local preferences for prime minister?

Nearly 35 per cent of respondents said they preferred Trudeau, while close to 25 per cent said they preferred Conservative leader Andrew Scheer for prime minister.

Trudeau maintains an advantage on the preferred prime minister measure, but one in five remain unsure, Nanos said. Just over 19 per cent of those interviewed said they did not know which party leader they preferred for prime minister.

NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh was preferred by 9 per cent of those surveyed, followed by Green Party Leader Elizabeth May with 8 per cent.

Maxime Bernier, who left the Conservative Party last year and founded the People’s Party of Canada, has support from 3 per cent of those surveyed, while 2 per cent said they preferred Bloc Quebecois’s Yves-Francois Blanchet.

https://election.ctvnews.ca/liberals...rvey-1.4593566
    Reality check: Scheer’s claim about refugees ‘jumping the queue’ is false
    https://globalnews.ca/news/5899144/r...pyOrm4Flt2DV50

Ex-Harper immigration minister calls out Scheer over 'factually incorrect' statements on UN migration pact
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ale...pact-1.4932698

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    He's an @sshole, that panders to Quebec.
    ...and panders to Alberta.

Did Scheer buy a pipeline company lately?

When it comes to @ssholes, you are front and center.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Its ridiculous, he doesn't show up for a debate, but he's the dishonest liar, who is fit to run this country.
    The bar is set pretty low.
    Double standard much?

Coming from a virulent Trump supporter, that is pretty rich of you.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Justin Trudeau in Edmonton speaking this week:

"This province and its people matter"

Yet one month before the election at least 10 Alberta ridings do not have a Liberal Candidate.

Ironically with Trudeaus statement occurring at the exact moment he was extolling Alberta matters while skipping a leadership debate (again)

This is the new way of govt promised by Justin Trudeau brought to you by the Liberal party.

I can just feel the elevation of democratic process in this.

Trudeaumania only requires (apparently) JT's name on every riding. The cardboard candidates in each riding are seen to be so immaterial that they don't exist at present.

This from the ruling party that CALLED the election, thus it not being any electoral surprise.

Very clearly it wasn't seen as important, by JT or the liberal party, to even have liberal candidates in these ridings, in Alberta.

Read between the lines.
    Last edited by Replacement; Yesterday at 05:33 PM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Now he wont take questions from reporters what an effin *****! All because they dare ask about SNC
    Animals are my passion.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344