Thread: Requesting me to ban someone

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Default Requesting me to ban someone

Please don't.

I don't like to ban people just because someone finds them annoying. I can assure you that others find your annoying person, well, entertaining.

Bans are for serious infractions. Ignore lists are for the annoying one(s) you don't want to hear from again.

The other option is to do what I have to do. I simply ignore all the school ground bafflegab and read the posts that make sense. The bad part of being the Admin is that I can't have an ignore list.

All I can do is close my eyes and go, "LALALALALALA I CAN'T REAAD YOOOUUUU!"

Yes. Mature.
    Ow

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I'm sure 2 thirds of this board are referring to me but so far nobody has sent me a pm requesting me to leave.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

No one poster is being referred to here.
    Ow

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    I'm sure 2 thirds of this board are referring to me but so far nobody has sent me a pm requesting me to leave.
    No, no,no envaneo. They must be meaning me. I for one, like you.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

I'd rather C2E than work!

if you don't like getting on ignore list or banned from this site. so go easy and watch your mouth here.
    Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

I'm not so sure it's you. There's a certain group here that has asked me to leave c2e on many occasions. (Looks at DanC and friends)

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

^
    maybe a bit less of the "woe is me" like this would reduce that a bit.
    ^^
    and maybe a lot less of the drivebys like this would reduce that a lot.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

No matter what - its all just words on a screen. Moreover, they are mostly between anonymous posters. Think about that. One anonymously created sentence or word directed at another. If two computers with cute handles hurled vulgar insults at each other about the sizes of their processors, would anyone care, or just find it amusing. Or two presidential candidates for that matter.

We simply need to be able to tolerate this all as simple nonsense. We can tolerate extreme ideas and practices by different religious and political groups. Tolerating different combinations of letters on a page should be a non issue.

We all have brains that are capable of thinking for themselves. Our reactions are always our own choice. Sticks and stones...

...Ok call me an *****!

oh, oh - the thought police automated censor nabbed me.
    Last edited by KC; 22-04-2016 at 08:44 AM.

Two computers with cute handles hurling insults...

https://www.tay.ai/

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...semitic-racism

It took just two tweets for an internet troll going by the name of Ryan Poole to get Tay to become antisemitic. Tay was a “chatbot” set up by Microsoft on 23 March, a computer-generated personality to simulate the online ramblings of a teenage girl. Poole suggested to Tay: “The Jews prolly did 9/11. I don’t really know but it seems likely.” Shortly thereafter Tay tweeted “Jews did 9/11” and called for a race war. In the 24 hours it took Microsoft to shut her down, Tay had abused President Obama, suggested Hitler was right, called feminism a disease and delivered a stream of online hate.
    Last edited by Medwards; 22-04-2016 at 08:55 AM.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    No one poster is being referred to here.
    Again.
    Ow

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    All I can do is close my eyes and go, "LALALALALALA I CAN'T REAAD YOOOUUUU!"

Yes. Mature.
    Thanks Admin. Mature or not, you saved my work monitor today, before reaching blood boiling, monitor throwing point, reading a "debate" on carbon tax today, I started singing your phrase, and it worked! The only problem so far is the guy in the next cubicle keeps looking at me strangely, I am guessing he hasn't read your post.

Someone asking Admin to ban someone is someone trying to control the conversation.
    Shame on them.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    I'm not so sure it's you. There's a certain group here that has asked me to leave c2e on many occasions. (Looks at DanC and friends)
    Since 2008 I haven't any friends here ((((((Group hug every one))))))

^That's O.K. don't despair. I'll by your buddy.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Thanks Medwards

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    ^That's O.K. don't despair. I'll by your buddy.
    Great, thanks. Just don't ask me to lend you money on help you move house lol!

^

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ That's ok, most are around me. Your not alone

Oh the was for when you thanked Medwards after I said I would be your buddy. I just wondered if you were mistaking me for Medwards.
    Anyway, I will not ask you for money or to help in a move. I'll just be quietly in the background being your buddy.

I think he thanked me because I added him as a friend on c2e... not sure what the point of 'friending' someone on c2e is... but whatever.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I got 3 friends here at C2E wuwho!!! but its ok to call me out if necessary, Medwards, Gemini and Edmonton PRT. Got to keep me honest. Thanks all.

I love the ignore , it works!

I got 3 friends here at C2E wuwho!!! but its ok to call me out if necessary, Medwards, Gemini and Edmonton PRT. Got to keep me honest. Thanks all.
    If you are friends with Medwards and Gemini, I am pulling out. I have my standards to keep.

Now you are down to 2 friends in the entire C2E world. At least they are friends with benefits.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Jeez, I feel jilted by Gemini now. Passed by for a younger fella, I guess. Fickle female.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

ouch PRT. I know we've had disagreements in the past... and still don't align on the whole PRT thing... but wow man. That hurts. I'm going to report your post and asked that you be banned.

I sent in my ban request in, 10 minutes before your request.

Hey, I just looked. My friends list is empty! Totally empty. What kind of people are you!

Hmmm, so...., should I be concerned? Maybe. Hmm.

Hey, maybe, maybe I'm the one that's the target of this thread. You guys are trying to ban me aren't you. You all want me gone. Out of your lives. Voted off the forum.

#*%! All these years here without a single friend. You're all out to get me aren't you. I know it now. I should have know better than to have shown you my pseudonym - you ingrates. I want you all banned then. c2e should be mine, all mine. Hahahahaha

"Pseudolus: Don't you know? When they start to smile, the end is near. I hear it's lovely on Crete. Everyone lying there... smiling." - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to three Forum

Quote Originally Posted by hello lady View Post
    What do you mean?

(Just testing)

Hey. Do you all have me on ignore too!

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    Jeez, I feel jilted by Gemini now. Passed by for a younger fella, I guess. Fickle female.
    Wow howie, I befriended the guy but you're still my favorite. That's got to count for something.

Awwww, for the first time in forever we have a happy ending.....

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Hey, I just looked. My friends list is empty! Totally empty. What kind of people are you!
    I have zero. Too much of a dictator.
    Ow

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

Who the hell needs friends?

Quote Originally Posted by hello lady View Post
    What do you mean?

(Just testing)

Hey. Do you all have me on ignore too!
    Nice one..see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    Wow howie, I befriended the guy but you're still my favorite. That's got to count for something.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

I am putting all of you on my ignore list.

Sorry? What? What?

I cannot HEAR YOU!

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by etownboarder View Post
    Who the hell needs friends?
    I'll know then who not to buy a round if I see you at a local watering hole, and if you need a job (and you will soon) when you need some networking opportunities. But I'll never say anything bad about you

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post

Sorry? What? What?

I cannot HEAR YOU!
    I think thats noodles approach.

Shouldn't "friends" know each other's real names? Maybe that is an upgrade c2e could offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post

Sorry? What? What?

I cannot HEAR YOU!
    If you could hear trees falling in the forest somebody would see this post..

Should I test for echo?
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Shouldn't "friends" know each other's real names? Maybe that is an upgrade c2e could offer.
    Privelege comes with official sign up and user fee.

"Somebody viewed your profile on classmates.com. Don't you want to find out who for a reasonable subscription price"? "Do you remember that girl in the 3rd row, somebody remembers you..."
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Privelege comes with official sign up and user fee.

"Somebody viewed your profile on classmates.com. Don't you want to find out who for a reasonable subscription price"? "Do you remember that girl in the 3rd row, somebody remembers you..."
    Yes! Introducing an entrepreneurial idea for c2e! End our gross subsidy and make the site pay for itself.

Better yet, if you want to keep your anonymity, pay up.

Unless they're family or a very close friend, opinions online shouldn't matter or make one get worked up. Just take it with a grain of salt or turn off your computer

Anyways, I enjoy this site for what it is....to either get information or just to read some posts when I'm bored.
    Though if others want to get all worked up among themselves, that's OK, it's great entertainment on my side hehe
    Edmonton ~ It may not be perfect, but it's home~

C2E Continued Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Since 2008 I haven't any friends here ((((((Group hug every one))))))
    I will be your friend , but 1st I need your passport banking info and pay pal account to make sure I know who I am dealing with. Driver licence # and social security number would be also helpful.
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum