Thread: User e-mail addresses

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Default User e-mail addresses

Hello members!

Recently, I sent out a bulk email for all active and confirmed forum members to announce the relaunch of C2E.

A vast majority of these emails bounced back.

Having a recent and current email is crucial for forum updates, password resets, and many other features that will be launched. Please update your email to an account that you do have access to, and that is current. If you don't, I cannot guarantee a functioning site for your username.

I may have to put non functioning email users into a suspend status if I keep getting as many rejected emails. The server load as well as a clogged email queue may dictate that.

Thanks!
    Ow

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

All,

I've had 130+ bouncebacks. Please. If you have an active account and are using this site, update your email accordingly.

Thanks!!!
    Ow

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Updated

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

All,

The number of bouncebacks from active posters is clogging the server and causing delays.

As of Friday morning, I will suspend any accounts actively posting that also do not have a valid email address. Please update accordingly.

I apologize for the harsh method, but I cannot have an email queue so overloaded.
    Ow

Thanks for the heads up. I've had my password stored in a manager for so long I haven't ever had need to use my email for account recovery. Didn't realize it was as out of date as my pseudonym.

Fixed
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

NP.

That is one of the reasons why I asked for this. Someone emailed me with a nastygram demanding a password reset. When I went to search, the email address was different than the one on file.
    Ow

Should I be worried I can't find that email?

C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Grandin 2014--, Garneau 2012-2014, North Downtown 2006-2012

I found mine in my spam bucket (I use my gmail address for this board).

I avoid Gmail although i have one with Google. I'm just not fond of the invasion of privacy.

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

where do we update our email address?

I have used this account for over a decade but I haven't received any emails making me think I signed up using done other account I haven't used in years.

C2E Continued Contributor

Yeah my email is correct but I don't remember getting an email and it's not in my spam folder

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

I am going by message returned/message failed notifications in my inbox for C2E.

I do send out a PM to the user(s) affected when I get failure notifications. That way there is an alternate method to inform the users.

I am noticing some posters now say "guest" in their profile. I do not know why this is happening. If anyone here has a contact for highlander and grish, please let me know. Their accounts are the two I know are affected. Please send me a PM
    Ow

I'm okay with leaving grish out...

Hilman too...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Now now.

You're assuming you get a vote?
    Ow

Nope. Just forming a mob.

LOL
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

well... someone's back for sure