Thread: 50 Edmonton Bars You Should Have Already Gone To

Default 50 Edmonton Bars You Should Have Already Gone To

Narcity released this list of the 50 Bars You need to visit. What are your thoughts? There is at least one of my favs is missing, Empress, and a few of them seem more restaurants than bars. However, still a great list of some of the best places in town.

Any of your favorites left off the list? I also realized I've been to 75% of these listed... not sure if that something I should address in my life or not. :P

http://www.narcity.com/edmonton/49-e...gotten-wasted/

50 bars you should have already gone to, a list, but not many of them tell me why I should go there.

Don't bring the Narcity click bait garbage here. This is the scourge of the internet. Narcity is disliked in any city it features;

https://thatbryanpei.wordpress.com/2...ronto-website/

http://www.whatsupmann.com/2016/04/1...-of-vancouver/

No reason for this not to be a thread topic but not through the means of supporting narcity.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Quote Originally Posted by Corina5070 View Post
    Narcity released this list of the 50 Bars You need to visit. What are your thoughts? There is at least one of my favs is missing, Empress, and a few of them seem more restaurants than bars. However, still a great list of some of the best places in town.

Any of your favorites left off the list? I also realized I've been to 75% of these listed... not sure if that something I should address in my life or not. :P

http://www.narcity.com/edmonton/49-e...gotten-wasted/
    Ha ha, I know what you mean.

I'd add The Needle and The Starlight, or are those not considered "bars"?
    Let's make Edmonton better.

50 bars? So, basically, every bar in the city that isn't the lounge of a chain?
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    I didn't check the click bait nonsense Narcity site but 50 potentially allows 50 clicks for hits. Not because people need to know about 50 bars but well, it gets the hits. That's all these sites are about.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    I didn't check the click bait nonsense Narcity site but 50 potentially allows 50 clicks for hits. Not because people need to know about 50 bars but well, it gets the hits. That's all these sites are about.
    Moreso because they detect ad-blockers right off the top - a useless listicle site.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Moreso because they detect ad-blockers right off the top - a useless listicle site.
    yeah.

Its too bad this board gets spammed with this kind of drivel. Nobody likes clickbait sites. Why link something like that?

At least this one is rare in at least listing them without clicking 20 to 50 times..

internet just being over run with this ****.

To be fair to the original poster, it looks like something that fits with Edmonton boosterism, and bonus it's by other people. We're kinda get all happy over people who say nice things about us. Unfortunately in this case it's a clickbait listicle site written by folks recruited from Craigslist and Kijiji "work from home" ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    True, yeah, but it does have a list of real bars that are pretty close to the real best 50.

BTW, if you turn off javascript and plugins in your browser you can view the list comfortably.

I'd rather C2E than work!

What a joke.

Top_Dawg has been to almost all of them.

Once.

The overwhelming majority on that list are balls deep cornholio gay bars.

And why didn't they list any of the good bars ?

Like The Gas Pump ?

And Hawkeye's ?

Laughable.

^ I wouldn't take it so personally, if I were you, but it's not like you're interested in my advice, is it?

Well TD it was an article about the Top 50 bars, not the Bottom 50 - perhaps your "cornholio gay bar" insights could be of use to them, like how many pitchers it takes to become a catcher.