Thread: #yeg emojis!

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default #yeg emojis!

#yeg emojis!
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...858563?cmp=rss

Screenshot from above link

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Amazing. Sad Iverson?? Too good.
    FREE THE LOOPING .GIF MEMES
    youtube.com/GrimEmpire

I'd rather C2E than work!

Can they make one that shows a slooooow moving L R T train crossing Kingsway ?
    I'm having people over later to stare at their phones,if you want to drop by

We Done Bitches is the best although people outside of Edmonton may not know the reason for it.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Cowboy-boot: Too "western". Nothing wrong with western, but Calgary already has that market cornered as for as Alberta cities go.

Stanley Cup: Just seems like the hackneyed trope of using sports victories as a cipher for civic pride generally.

51 Southgate: If Edmonton were the only city in the world with buses, this one might be good. But alas...

Easter Egg: Seriously, if you wanna go live in Vegreville, go live in Vegreville. I'm sure it's a nice place. But don't try to pretend that it's the same as Edmonton.

Pedway sign: The sign itself is recognizable to someone in Edmonton, but most otherwise suffers from the same drawback as 51 Southgate. Not uniquely Edmonton.

Crying Iveson: You probably need to follow Edmonton politics pretty closely to understand that one. I follow it casually(which is more than most people), and I'm still pretty vague about what that's referencing.

Edmonton sign: Apart from the sign design being recognizable it's really just the name of the city.

#YEG: Same issue as above, with the added problem that most non-chuckers won't know what YEG means.

Bitches: See Post 4. Plus, I don't think that prank will be remembered much in a few years, even among Edmontonians.

The pile of steel balls is funny, if you know about the artwork in question. But it's the kind of thing you'd post ironically, since most people have a negative impression of it.

I'm not exactly sure what the shoes and knee-highs are supposed to mean.

Out of all the ones displayed, I'm gonna go with city-hall as the best, as it references an iconic piece of architecture, unique to Edmonton. Though if we're going that route, I'd suggest the Muttart, which of course the city hall quotes.