Thread: Airline Rewards Programs for Edmonton Travellers

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Default Airline Rewards Programs for Edmonton Travellers

With Alaska's announcement to no longer credit Mileage Plan for flights flown with Delta, I'm wondering what airline rewards program other YEG travellers find useful? For travel to the States, it seems there's no good loyalty - one needs to fly whatever airline will reasonably get you there (Alaska, Delta, United, Westjet, and American (Seasonal)). I tried to stick with United's Mileageplus for a while, until they cut ORD and SFO restricting choices. Then I went for Mileage Plan so that I could get credit for Alaska/Delta/American/Icelandair. Now, with Delta out of Mileage Plan, not sure what makes sense.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-airlines.aspx

Similar to you regarding UA MP Gold (was CO Gold for years when it fit my travel plans) and decided to leave with the end of ORD and particularly SFO since most of my travels are to California.

Went to Alaska and status matched and that fits since I go Icelandair to Europe.

Seattle airport food being decent was the deciding factor. If I have to go to the US East Coast I might just use Alaska via SEA. I refuse to take either WJ or AC via YYC or YYZ anywhere.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

I use AA as I can earn on AA, WestJet and Alaska.

AAdvantage points is a good idea as you can earn on WestJet and Alaska. You can't earn status when flying with WestJet using AAdvantage though, unless there's an AA Marketed codeshare of the flight and you actually bought the codeshare version. Another idea is to collect using WestJet Id which works for Delta and American also (but not Alaska). It'd be nice if American stepped in and offered YEG-ORD service. Then we'd have the West Coast covered by Alaska through Seattle and East Coast covered by American. Right now, American funnels Edmontonians through YYZ via WestJet Codeshare.

Seattle Airport is my favourite to connect through. Alaskan Salmon and really good chocolates.