Thread: What should the province and/or City privatize or sell off?

Default What should the province and/or City privatize or sell off?

To keep taxes down and reduce the need for additional borrowing, what specifically could the Alberta government and/or The City of Edmonton privatize or sell off?

I guess I could also ask what could just be outright eliminated?

Sell Calgary
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

There aren't many assets left after many years of PC Gov't.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    To keep taxes down and reduce the need for additional borrowing, what specifically could the Alberta government and/or The City of Edmonton privatize or sell off?

I guess I could also ask what could just be outright eliminated?
    The premise of your question is something I disagree with. The Gov't should acquire more assets to reduce the amount it needs to tax the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Sell Calgary
    Do you think the Americans will want to buy it?

I've heard that Springbank is frackable.

This sounds like a win-win; we get to bring in revenue from resource extraction and employ workers in the industry.

Let's do it.

Let's frack the frack out of Sprinkbank.
    I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Sell Calgary
    Do you think the Americans will want to buy it?
    No but India might...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Sell City Hall and the land around it. Get City Council and the handful of others that work? there into the new C of E building. Let's face it, City hall takes up a huge footprint and houses so few bodies. It needs to be heated, lit, maintained and yet as buildings go it is one of the most least efficient in Edmonton. It's a vanity building for people who spout off platitudes about green initiatives and yet they work in a building that is anything but green. Sell it a company who can afford to pay the cost of keeping it afloat instead of taxpayers paying to keep several people working in grandeur.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.