Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,200 of 3388

Thread: Russian interference in US politics - starts with James Comey Firing

Tick, tock....

Judge orders former aide of Trump ally Roger Stone to appear before Mueller grand jury

A federal judge ruled Thursday that a former aide to Trump ally Roger Stone must testify before special counsel Robert Mueller’s grand jury, according to the Washington Post.

Andrew Miller received a subpoena to appear before the grand jury earlier this year. Miller’s attorney had tried to block the subpoena, arguing that the Mueller probe was unconstitutional, but Chief Judge Beryl Howell ordered Miller to “appear before the grand jury to provide testimony at the earliest date available.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/jud...er-grand-jury/

It's almost as if he was trying to hide something...

Manafort’s bookkeeper testifies she was unaware of foreign financial holdings

Paul Manafort’s lead bookkeeper testified on Thursday that she was unaware of his financial holdings outside the United States, as prosecutors pressed their case that President Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman hid millions of dollars in income that helped bankroll a lavish lifestyle.

Manafort, 69, faces 18 charges, including tax fraud, bank fraud and failing to report foreign bank accounts, in the first trial stemming from Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation of Russia’s role in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Manafort has pleaded not guilty to all the charges.

Heather Washkuhn, the bookkeeper who oversaw Manafort’s business and personal holdings, testified as a witness for the prosecution that she thought she had complete knowledge of his financial affairs but that she was unaware of his holdings outside of the United States.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/worl...als-third-day/

The Clinton campaign sought dirt on Trump from Russian officials. Where’s the outrage? - The Washington Post
    By Marc A. Thiessen
    Columnist, August 2, 2018
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...d54_story.html

Why did he say “outrage” and not “investigation”?

Why Are So Many Leftists Skeptical of the Russia Probe?
    Excerpt:
    “...
    A theme of their skepticism is a sense of frustration with the way the Russia investigation cuts across the electorate, and especially the political intelligentsia, in a way that frustrates their ideological project. While some leftists have disdained the Mueller investigation, many centrists and even some conservatives have supported it. By expanding the Democratic coalition into the center, at least temporarily, the Russia issue runs counter to their goal of repositioning the party to the left. An undercurrent of frustration expresses itself in sniping at the commonality between liberal Russia skeptics and right-of-center Russia-hawks-turned-Trump-critics like David Frum, Max Boot, and Bill Kristol. What’s more, Trump’s Russia policy has produced a quiet struggle pitting the president against the mostly standard-issue hawkish Republicans who staff his administration. Trump is the enemy of the left’s enemy. ...”

“In the meantime, journalists and close followers of politics are going to have a natural interest in the drama of a criminal investigation into the president of the United States and his family and advisers. This is especially true when the president has expressed through words and deeds his belief that he is entitled to immunity from legal prosecution, and indeed is entitled to direct law enforcement to harass his adversaries instead. It is very strange that ...”

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...sia-probe.html

Bolding mine
    Last edited by KC; 02-08-2018 at 08:45 PM.

Or, he's an ***** who thought he was smart enough to get away with it.

Manafort wouldn’t have left evidence around if he intended to commit a crime, lawyer says

"A lawyer for Paul Manafort on Friday told the judge overseeing the former Trump campaign chairman’s tax fraud case that his client was innocent because a guilty person wouldn’t have left evidence lying around that could convict them.

“Nobody intending to violate the law would leave the evidence around for his accountant to find it,” attorney Kevin Downing said, according to the Washington Post.

Downing was referring to testimony from Manafort’s tax preparer, Phil Ayliff, who claimed earlier in the trial that Manafort had failed to disclose his stakes in several foreign businesses as well as any foreign bank accounts he owned."

https://thinkprogress.org/manafort-e...-0bd058149649/

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post

Manafort wouldn’t have left evidence around if he intended to commit a crime, lawyer says

"A lawyer for Paul Manafort on Friday told the judge overseeing the former Trump campaign chairman’s tax fraud case that his client was innocent because a guilty person wouldn’t have left evidence lying around that could convict them.

“Nobody intending to violate the law would leave the evidence around for his accountant to find it,” attorney Kevin Downing said, according to the Washington Post.

Downing was referring to testimony from Manafort’s tax preparer, Phil Ayliff, who claimed earlier in the trial that Manafort had failed to disclose his stakes in several foreign businesses as well as any foreign bank accounts he owned."

Well that's a novel defense! Guilty people do not leave evidence lying around, therefore the evidence pointing to my client's guilt proves he is innocent. I think it is more likely he just became careless or sloppy and he didn't think he would get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Well that's a novel defense! Guilty people do not leave evidence lying around, therefore the evidence pointing to my client's guilt proves he is innocent. I think it is more likely he just became careless or sloppy and he didn't think he would get caught.
    Some of my biggest single investment losses have been due to the accounting. Accountants were involved in the shenanigans.

The world is full of examples where fully aware accountants were integral to the frauds. Enron, Worldcom, Sino-Forest...

... usually the accountant is only "involved" in the shenanigans, to the extent they are processing transactions as instructed by their bosses or filing returns based on information provided by their clients.

Of course Manafort used different accountants and it appears he only told each of them what he had to or wanted to. The bookkeeper who would have seen the overseas transfers and known the most about them, did she did not deal with or handle filing his taxes, so she would not know what was reported or not reported on his taxes. His tax accountant probably would not have had knowledge of all the day to day bookkeeping and transactions and just received summarized reports from Manafort or the bookkeeper. It would not have been that hard to conceal the parts that Manafort wanted to hide from each of them.

Of course, when it all goes bad - people like Manafort try to blame the accountants, not the perpetrator (ie. themselves) of the scheme. "My accountant set up all these bank accounts for me in Cyprus that I didn't know about" Really? I don't think so.

I'd rather C2E than work!

h

Or so wound up in his own arrogance fostered by his mentor, that orange paragon of honesty and truth.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Makes sense why Trump compared him to Al Capone.

Manafort trial Day 3: Let them eat cake!

“He approved every penny of everything we paid,” she explained.

This was the jury's introduction to the bank fraud case the government will make in the next several days. The government's final witness of the day was Manafort's accountant, James Philip Ayliff, of Kositzka, Wicks and Co., or KWC, in Richmond.

Ayliff also testified that he didn't know about Manafort's offshore accounts. "We had asked the question, and the response was, 'No,'" he told jurors. Manafort's tax returns reflected the same.

Tax returns from 2011 to 2015 shown to the jury were all signed by Manafort. One of the questions on the return was "Did you have signatory authority in an account in a foreign country?" The response on the tax form signed by Manafort was "No."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...-them-eat-cake

At least they got to see his tax returns. We're still waiting on the main guy.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Trump ex-campaign chief Manafort's 'income doctored' - BBC News

“An accountant for Donald Trump's former election campaign chief Paul Manafort says she helped disguise his foreign income so he could pay less in tax.

Cindy Laporta told the court in Alexandria, Virginia, she had been told to concoct a $900,000 (£690,000) loan on his tax return in 2015.
    ...”

“None of the charges that Mr Manafort faces at trial relate to the investigation into possible collusion in 2016 between Russia and the Trump campaign.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45066398
    Bolding mine

A possible side-effect of this whole thing may be that it could dissuade shady characters from getting involved in future campaigns. (AKA draining the campaign swamp )
    Last edited by KC; 03-08-2018 at 08:43 PM.

C2E SME

I thought this was pretty interesting: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/russia...eted-1.4772397

It's important to keep in mind that the Russian "active measures" are not focused on one side of the political spectrum, at least in Canada. Makes you wonder how much of the current debate about refugees and so on is being steered or influenced by these campaigns.

I think I've said it before, but if the Russians are looking to cause chaos in the US, rigging the elections for the Democrats would be the best thing to do. Trump will lose his mind, and his supporters will go nuts. The republicans aren't interested in locking down the elections security because they think any meddling will be in their favor.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Lets see, we probably have bank fraud, failure to report foreign bank accounts and perhaps tax evasion. Its a trifecta for Manafort who seems to do everything in a bigly way. Now i wonder if he can get that Ostrich leather coat in orange - he may want to get used to that colour, i see it figuring prominently in his future.

Whatever happened to "It's about adoptions" and "Nobody had contact with any Russians"?

^Answer:

After 4,000 lies, even a very stable genius has trouble keeping his lies organized.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

In a nutshell "Trump lied to me and I therefore became part of the coverup"

Trump lawyer says he had 'bad information' when he denied Trump involvement in Trump Tower statement

Appearing on This Week immediately after Trump's morning tweets, Trump attorney Jay Sekulow tried his level best to avoid saying that Donald Trump directly lied to him about his involvement in crafting a statement downplaying the significance of the 2016 Trump Tower meeting between Russian government-sent intermediaries and the topmost members of the Trump campaign, a meeting that Trump now admits was set up as an effort to "get information on" his election opponent.

Trump, during his return trip from a 2017 G20 summit, helped craft a statement for his son Donald Jr. in which he, or they, dismissed the meeting as instead being about "the adoption of Russian children." Sekulow had denied at the time that Trump was involved, leading George Sephanopoulos to this morning ask the obvious question: When did you learn that that denial wasn't true?

Sekulow's answer was instructive.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ower-statement

Trump supporters in a nutshell.

Mueller has taken down gangsters. He'll get Trump to tie himself into knots trying to answer simple questions.

Attorney who questioned Trump reveals what Mueller should be ready for: ‘His emotions got the best of him’

“Donald was ‘The Donald’ that you see now,” he described. “He walks in. He wants to take over and make the deposition his deposition even though it is mine. He tries to control the questioning.”

He described the answers as “nonresponsive,” where Trump would “add things on” or “make self-serving statements” that didn’t make any sense within the context of the question.

“If I ask Donald a question, ‘What time is it?’ He would probably tell me how to build a clock,” the lawyer explained.

He had one observation that should spell disaster for the Trump legal team, however.

“He was grossly unprepared, or he was just deliberately being evasive,” Zeitz said. “What he was doing at least in the deposition was saying that he delegates everything to everybody else.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/att...ions-got-best/

Trump supporters in a nutshell.

Just simply jaw dropping.

Is this what they call proud Americans? I see they have their MAGA hats on too. Putin must be tickled pink.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

The appeal of Russia to white supremacists and Trump supporters.

Waiter, 111 Million White Russians, Please
    Donald Trump's interest in Russia boils down to one word: racism.

One who quickly spotted the opportunities in Mother Russia was none other than his eminence, Dr. David Duke. The Klansman and one-time Louisiana congressman received his doctoral in history in a Ukrainian diploma mill cited for its pervasive anti-Semitism. Nevertheless, he became an eloquent theorist of what has become an important part of Trump’s worldview.

In 2004, when Duke was just beginning his advanced studies, he published an impassioned broadside entitled, “Is Russia the Key to White survival?” One can hardly get more direct than that. In it, he laid out his fears and dreams in muscular and often lurid prose.

First, the fears:

Our race faces a world-wide genetic catastrophe. There is only one word that can adequately describe it: genocide. It is a relentless and systematic destruction of the European genotype.

Unchecked, low White birthrates, massive non-White immigration and intermarriage will mean the complete genetic destruction of the great European race that produced an overwhelming share of the world’s great art and literature, scientific and economic advancement. Make no mistake about it: unless our people wake up and act courageously, our very genotype; our people as a unique, living breed of life upon this planet – will be wiped out! Such would be the greatest ecologic and evolutionary disaster ever to befall our planet!
    And whether they agree with Duke—or even know who he is—millions have a visceral connection to this sentiment. And, they are frantically searching for salvation, or at least relief. Duke knows the answer: “All across the Western world, I see our racial consciousness growing, our movements increasing, our spirit rising. Everywhere, our people are putting aside petty differences and nationality divisions and understand that now we must have White Pride Worldwide and White Unity.” Nowhere is that truer, he said, than in Russia, “Russia is a White nation! Of the many capital cities of Europe, it is accurate to say that Moscow is the Whitest of them all.”

Duke admits here that there is but one obstacle preventing white hearts in Russia and the U.S. from beating as one. As you might guess, it’s the Jews… again. But even in 2004, he saw a powerful – though flawed – leader riding shirtless to the rescue. “Although there are many reservations about President Putin,” said Duke, “he is perhaps the only leader in the Western World to take any measures against the Jewish-Supremacist media bosses.” He was equally happy 12 years late rabout the results of the 2016 U.S. presidential elections. On election night, he tweeted, “This is one of the most exciting nights of my life… make no mistake about it, our people have played a HUGE role in electing Trump!”

https://fpif.org/waiter-111-million-...ssians-please/

I noticed as the evidence builds and builds, MrAltReich becomes quieter and quieter.

Nah, he'll be back. He's just trying to figure out how to spin it.

C2E Continued Contributor

He sits it out when things are happening that he doesn't know how to spin or justify.

Then he comes back and posts an out of context statement that he thinks makes Trump looks good, ignoring all the previous posts about all the insane things going on.

Yup, that's the problem with spinning. At some point you will fall over.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

"Good people"

These Are The Three Richard Spencer Fans Arrested For Attempted Homicide In Gainesville

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/attempted-homicide-richard-spencer-speech-gainesville-florida_us_59ea766ae4b0958c468228ff

Rick Gates was on the stand at the Manafort trial.

Manafort trial Day 5: Gates sings
    The star witness for the prosecution against Manafort made quite a splash.

“Were you involved in criminal activity?” Mueller prosecutor Greg Andres asked. “Yes,” Gates replied.

“Did you commit crimes with Mr. Manafort?” Andres asked. “Yes,” Gates again responded.

Gates said he was instructed by Manafort to give false information about Manafort’s income to both his bookkeepers and his tax accountants. He also followed Manafort’s instructions to reduce his U.S. income taxes by passing off as income a series of loans he had received from overseas.

The prosecution seemed eager to get Gates’ heaviest baggage in front of the jury quickly and on his first day on the witness stand. Manafort’s defense used its opening statement to accuse Gates of embezzling from Manafort’s firm. Under questioning from Andres, the witness readily admitted he’d taken money he wasn’t entitled to.

“In essence, I added money to expense reports and inflated expenses to receive the additional money,” Gates said. Asked to quantify the overcharges in dollars, Gates said: “I’d say it’s several hundred thousand.”

It also emerged that Manafort’s defense has Gates to thank for the key talking point it has seized on to impeach him. The former aide said he revealed the embezzlement to the government after cutting the his plea deal earlier this year.

“I made the government aware of [that] in my interviews,” he said, adding that there were about 20 such debriefings. Prosecutors were obliged to turn over to the defense any evidence the government had that could affect Gates’ credibility, including his statements about inflating expenses.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...t-trial-764866

Collusion, a muskier, more masculine scent brought to you by the makers of last years perfume of the year - Complicit. The scent that does not fade away - everyone will know you're wearing it.

Collusion, a muskier, more masculine scent brought to you by the makers of last years perfume of the year - Complicit. The scent that does not fade away - everyone will know you're wearing it.
    And Trump''s latest fragrance, Conspiracy. A combination of Snake Oil, swamp scum, Russian call-girl pee and the dregs of illegal money laundering. Yes you can buy some too for only $130,000 a bottle and it comes with a free MAGA hat that is made in Jhina in an official Trump brand factory by 9 year old girls who are chained to their sewing machine. Bonus offer! If you call now, get a free T-shirt with his favorite slogan "I'd rather be Russian than a Democrat!" signed by Trump himself, a $2 value.

And if you order in the next twenty minutes they'll throw in a Putin/Kim three-dollar violin.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Just pay $1,679.99 for the extra shipping and handling.

Mueller has passed off other cases to other jurisdictions. Why is the Manafort case still under his jurisdiction? Because something is coming....

MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow details how Manafort’s trial connects to the Russia probe: ‘Something important is about to happen’

Maddow explained how all of the pieces finally came together today while Gates took the stand. But one moment caught her by surprise.

The MSNBC host read a transcript of an exchange where a defense attorney asked if Gates had been questioned by other investigators about the Trump campaign. Gates said he was. Prosecutors objected to the line of questioning and the judge asked that the lawyers approach the bench.

The conversation with the judge that followed fell between pages 1399 and 1425 of the transcript of the trial. It’s noted that those pages are now “filed under seal.”

“Six pages sealed and we’re not allowed to see what happened next,” Maddow noted. “The judge brings the lawyers to discuss it without the jury hearing. It does not end up in the transcript and we don’t know what happened. Then they adjourn for a long recess thereafter.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/msn...ortant-happen/

No surprise here.

Trump officially rejects Robert Mueller’s interview request because of questions about obstruction: report

The New York Times reports that Trump’s legal team rejected Mueller’s interview request and instead offered to participate in an interview if the scope was narrowed.

“Mr. Trump’s lawyers did not reject an interview outright but included the narrower counteroffer, one person familiar with the response said,” the Times reported. “However, the person said that Mr. Trump’s lawyers did not want him answering questions about whether he obstructed justice.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/rud...-trump-agreed/

Well it was a trick question. "Did you obstruct justice?"

If Trump says he did, he gets impeached.

If he says he did not and Mueller has proof, Trump gets impeached.

Only if Trump really did not obstruct justice would it not be a problem to answer truthfully.

BUT we all know that Trump did obstruct justice and has been lying and changing his cover story multiple times ever since...

Will the GOP actually impeach in either of those situations? They seem pretty happy to let even the biggest of dinosaurs slip under the rug.

"Trump and the Republican Congress and Senate members are violating their oaths of office to uphold the US Constitution." That is exactly what the four guys I am working with this week while I am in Michigan.

Two of them.voted for Trump and they cannot understand why he has not been impeached already other than all the Republicans want to keep their political jobs and all the money that they make from lobbyists.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Will the GOP actually impeach in either of those situations? They seem pretty happy to let even the biggest of dinosaurs slip under the rug.
    Apparently they're open to the idea, just not Trump.

Maddow obtains secret tapes of Devin Nunes revealing GOP plans for Rosenstein’s impeachment or ‘all of this goes away’

In response to a question from the audience about deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein, Rodgers interjects and says that there is a plan in place from the Republicans to impeach Rosenstein.

“It’s a bit complicated, right?” Nunses is heard saying. “I say that because you have to we only have so many months left, right. So if we actually vote to impeach, okay, what that does is that triggers the Senate then has to take it up. Well, and you have to decide what you want right now because the Senate only has so much time. Do you want it to drop everything and not confirm the Supreme Court justice, the new Supreme Court justice?”

He goes on to say Rosenstein deserves to be impeached.

“I don’t think you will get any argument from most of our colleagues. The question is the timing of it right before the election,” he continued.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/mad...ion-goes-away/

Yeah, this will turn out well for him and the rest of the Trumpers.

Longtime Roger Stone ally gets held in contempt of court after refusing to testify for Mueller

Andrew Miller, a longtime aide to right-wing “dirty trickster” Roger Stone, has been held in contempt of court for refusing to testify before special counsel Robert Mueller’s grand jury.

The Washington Post reports that U.S. District Chief Judge Beryl Howell ruled Miller in contempt of court after he repeatedly defied subpoenas to testify under oath.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/lon...stify-mueller/

Roger Stone isn't having a good week.

Mueller’s latest move is very bad news for Roger Stone
    The special counsel subpoenaed Stone's backchannel to WikiLeaks.

CNN broke news on Friday that special counsel Robert Mueller has subpoenaed a New York radio personality named Randy Credico who served as a conduit between Roger Stone and WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Credico’s attorney, Martin Stolar, told CNN that Mueller’s team “probably want[s] to talk to [Credico] about Roger Stone and Julian Assange.” CNN reports that Credico has been subpoenaed to testify before a grand jury next month.

News of Credico’s subpoena is an ominous development for Stone, who recently admitted he is the unnamed “U.S. person” mentioned in Mueller’s indictment of 12 Russian intelligence agents for hacking into Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the Democratic National Committee.

As ThinkProgress detailed in May, emails obtained by the Wall Street Journal indicate Stone offered — at best — misleading testimony to Congress about his communications with Credico regarding Assange, whose website orchestrated a pro-Trump propaganda campaign throughout the summer and fall of 2016.

In a message sent on September 18, 2016, Stone wrote to Credico, who had interviewed Assange several weeks earlier, and asked him to “Please ask Assange for any State or HRC e-mail from August 10 to August 30–particularly on August 20, 2011.”

That email indicates Stone sought help coordinating with a website which Trump’s own intelligence chiefs have accused of serving as a cutout for the Kremlin. The email also directly contradicts Stone’s September 2017 testimony to the House Intelligence Committee that he “merely wanted confirmation” from Credico that Assange had information about Clinton. It also contradicts statements Stone has made on his Facebook page and website about how his communications with Credico about Wikileaks just “asked Randy to confirm that the Australian journalist had credible information on Hillary Clinton’s campaign.”

https://thinkprogress.org/mueller-su...-878a92bf5ed2/

^ you beat me to the news.

If you think Roger Stone is having a bad week, Trump is overdosing on his drug of choice (campaigning and lying about everything) to dull the pain of slow torture as Mueller turns the thumb screws and the noose tightens more each day.

Who needs waterboarding when Mueller has better techniques to squeeze an orange...

The Weekly Standard tears into Republicans.

Conservative magazine: ‘Republicans will regret’ supporting Trump in the face of a ‘cascade’ of Russia lies

“The problem, as always, is that Trumpism doesn’t allow for honest appraisals or piecemeal support,” the editors identified. “If you’re in for a penny, you must be in for a pound. Defending norms was one of the bedrocks of conservative thought right up until the winter of 2016, at which point Republicans suddenly became contemptuous of the very idea of norms.”

Their prediction: that “Republicans will come to regret their new ‘anything goes’ rationalization.”

“The fact that Trump and his closest advisers were keen to get their hands on opposition research generated by America’s greatest foreign adversary is no big deal for Republicans,” the column concluded. “How far we’ve come in just two years.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/con...e-russia-lies/

Trump-appointed judge upholds special counsel Mueller's authority

A federal district judge who was appointed by President Donald Trump has upheld Robert Mueller's appointment and constitutional authority in the special counsel's case against Russian social media propagandists.

Judge Dabney Friedrich, who serves at the trial-court level in DC federal court, said Concord Management and Consulting could not have its case tossed on constitutional grounds. The Russian company accused of backing a social media effort to sway voters against Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton claimed Mueller didn't have power to bring the case because he was not appointment by the President and confirmed by Congress. Mueller was appointed under the authority of Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who has broad power as the acting head of the Justice Department for the 2016 election probe.

"The appointment does not violate core separation-of-powers principles. Nor has the Special Counsel exceeded his authority under the appointment order by investigating and prosecuting Concord," Friedrich wrote in an opinion published Monday morning. She was one of the first judges Trump placed into a federal court position.
    Friedrich cited opinions by three other federal judges -- Amy Berman Jackson, who oversees Paul Manafort's criminal foreign lobbying case; T.S. Ellis, who oversees Manafort's financial fraud case; and DC District Court Chief Judge Beryl Howell -- to back up her decision.

All three judges also denied requests to invalidate Mueller's authority, with Howell writing as recently as late July that a witness subpoenaed to turn over documents and to testify before the grand jury about Roger Stone would have to. That witness, Andrew Miller, has been held in contempt of the court and now may appeal.

Trump, along with his lawyers Rudy Giuliani and Jay Sekulow, have claimed that Mueller's investigation violated the Constitution. Most notably, Trump said in an early June tweet that Mueller's appointment was "totally UNCONSTITUTIONAL." Monday's ruling specifically rejected some of these arguments that Trump's lawyers have made on television.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/13/polit...ing/index.html

Mueller noose is made of kevlar. Bulletproof...

Trump starts walking back "It never happened" and "I did not know about it"

Trump moves step closer to admitting Trump Tower meeting produced dirt on Hillary Clinton

“Don has received notoriety for a brief meeting, that many politicians would have taken," Trump wrote to the Washington Post, "but most importantly, and to the best of my knowledge, nothing happened after the meeting concluded."

This is clearly lawyer speak—since when have you ever heard Trump use a nuanced phrase like "to the best of my knowledge"? Never, that's when. What Trump has done in the past is distance himself from knowing about the meeting and then dismiss it as unimportant because it never produced results. In a tweet last week, for instance, after calling Don Jr.'s effort to get dirt on Hillary from a foreign government a "totally legal" endeavor that "went nowhere," Trump added, "I did not know about it!"

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...illary-Clinton

Weird stuff... article below is a critical look at a group following a conspiracy theory with - yes - a suggestion that the timing may reveal - a conspiracy.

A conspiracy to get other conspiratoralistas to continue to flog a debunked conspiracy

. Of course it may all be just what happens when crazy people clash with each other.

Anonymous deals with its QAnon branding problem

“Around six weeks later QAnon arrived on the internet scene armed with conspiracies and meme artwork, social media savvy, and fast propagation. Amid the hackneyed calls to "believe" and fight for "truth" wrapped in "deep state" conspiracy theories, its primary talking point is that the DNC hack was an inside job involving FBI, DOJ and using CIA tech to frame the Russians.”

https://www.engadget.com/2018/08/10/...nding-problem/
    Last edited by KC; 14-08-2018 at 10:49 AM.

The prosecution must have done an absolutely terrible job.

Manafort attorneys opt to skip defense, proceed to closing arguments

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mana...ry?id=57168855

C2E SME

No, the defense knows that the defendant would be torn to shreds under cross examination if they put him on the stand, and they have no witnesses willing to perjure themselves while testifying that all of the reams of evidence against Manafort are false. While he may not be found guilty on every count/charge, it's been pretty much a fait accompli that Manafort's goose is cooked since he was indicted. Likely the only reason he didn't cooperate for a better deal is that he knows the people he used to run with in Ukraine and Russia would be very likely to exact revenge on his family if he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    No, the defense knows that the defendant would be torn to shreds under cross examination if they put him on the stand, and they have no witnesses willing to perjure themselves while testifying that all of the reams of evidence against Manafort are false. While he may not be found guilty on every count/charge, it's been pretty much a fait accompli that Manafort's goose is cooked since he was indicted. Likely the only reason he didn't cooperate for a better deal is that he knows the people he used to run with in Ukraine and Russia would be very likely to exact revenge on his family if he did.

Bolding is mine..

So what exactly in your opinion are the reams of false evidence against Manafort???

C2E SME

I'm not clear, are you asking me that question or MrOilers?

Sorry about that Marcel. I thought that your post was from MrOilers. You figured that out.

I agree with you that no one want to stick up for Manafort because he was a financial and corrupt trainwreck with the Midas touch of turning everyone around him and everything he touched into jail time...

Manafort trials just beginning.

He is going to be very busy this fall.

I wonder who is paying his legal bills?

Most notably, the longtime GOP operative still faces a second federal trial slated to begin in mid-September in Washington. And that case, accusing Manafort of money laundering and failing to register as a foreign agent while lobbying for the government of Ukraine, could be even more challenging.

“Even if, against all odds, [Manafort wins] here, they’re right back at it in a month so,” said a defense lawyer who has worked on the Russia investigation.

Things can always get worse still for Manafort. Mueller’s team of investigators have been examining him for more than a year as part of their probe into 2016 Russian election meddling, and federal prosecutors can always file new charges separate from the ones already on the books. (The current charges against Manafort are largely unrelated to the 2016 election.)

“Mueller’s got so many different ways to win. He’s got limitless resources,” said a second attorney with a Trump official mired in the case.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...anafort-774312

Or, Trump knew what was theoretically going on and was pleased that someone else was picking up the tab.

Fox News host admits it’s ‘not a huge leap’ to think Paul Manafort was paid by Russia to run Trump campaign

"“As I listen to this case, and as they lay it out… my mind jumps ahead to the Russia probe, and it’s not hard for me to take that leap that he might have accepted money in order to lobby on behalf of Russians within the campaign. It doesn’t take a huge leap. That’s now what we’ve seen here and that’s not what it’s about, but when you look at how it’s all laid out.”

Francis seemed to be running a trial balloon on a new narrative, in which Manafort was paid by Russians to influence the campaign while only telling Trump that he was working for free..

“From there, it is a huge leap to say, ‘Well, would the president have known in that case?’ The rest of the case from there,” she said."

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/fox...rump-campaign/

Or, Trump knew what was theoretically going on and was pleased that someone else was picking up the tab.

Fox News host admits it’s ‘not a huge leap’ to think Paul Manafort was paid by Russia to run Trump campaign

"“As I listen to this case, and as they lay it out… my mind jumps ahead to the Russia probe, and it’s not hard for me to take that leap that he might have accepted money in order to lobby on behalf of Russians within the campaign. It doesn’t take a huge leap. That’s now what we’ve seen here and that’s not what it’s about, but when you look at how it’s all laid out.”

Francis seemed to be running a trial balloon on a new narrative, in which Manafort was paid by Russians to influence the campaign while only telling Trump that he was working for free..

“From there, it is a huge leap to say, ‘Well, would the president have known in that case?’ The rest of the case from there,” she said."

It all makes sense. Manafort was in fairly serious financial difficulty, yet he "volunteers" for the Trump campaign. He previously took a considerable amount of money from a Russian business colleague, which he was unable to pay back. A lot of those Russian business types have mob connections and don't take kindly to that sort of thing and would deal with it rather harshly. Lets just say Manafort should have made sure his life insurance was all paid up. A way to make things "whole" as Manafort put it would be if Putin made sure the loan was repaid and in return Manafort did something for him.

It seems fairly clear the Russians were trying to interfere and influence things on different levels and in various different ways , including through people involved with the Trump campaign. Did Trump know about all of these things? Maybe or maybe not, but I think he probably knew about some of it.

No, it was not the Russians. It is a 400 pound guy on a bed in his parent's basement...

Putin has been working on Trump for decades:
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...collusion.html
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Putin has been working on Trump for decades:
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...collusion.html
    Loaded with speculation which makes it quite interesting.

"I'm innocent so I'm going to continue to act really, really guilty!"

Trump ties revoking Brennan's clearance to the Russia probe

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, Trump placed blame on Brennan for the ongoing Russia investigation, now overseen by special counsel Robert Mueller, even though Brennan has been outside the government for 19 months.

“I call it the rigged witch hunt, [it] is a sham,” Trump told the Journal. “And these people led it!”

“So I think it’s something that had to be done,” he continued.

Brennan, who served as the CIA director under former President Barack Obama, was among the intelligence officials who met with the president at Trump Tower in the days leading up to his inauguration. Brennan and the other intelligence officials briefed Trump on evidence that the Russian government had sought to interfere in the 2016 election.

---

The former CIA director, who spent 25 years with the agency and also served as Obama’s homeland security adviser and the director of the National Counterterrorism Center under former President George W. Bush, left government service on Jan. 20, 2017, the day of Trump’s inauguration.

Brennan blasted the move as a "politically motivated" attempt to silence those who disagree with the president in a New York Times op-ed published Thursday.

“Mr. Trump clearly has become more desperate to protect himself and those close to him,” Brennan wrote. “Which is why he made the politically motivated decision to revoke my security clearance in an attempt to scare into silence others who might dare to challenge him.”

In addition to revoking Brennan’s security clearance, the White House also announced Wednesday that it would review the clearances of former officials, including former FBI Director James Comey, former National Security Agency Director Michael Hayden, former national security adviser Susan Rice and others. Officials with security clearances are typically allowed to keep them when they leave government service, both as a professional courtesy and so that they can offer advice and guidance as needed to government agencies.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-russia-779550

His master's voice

Russian oligarch tweets threat to Trump: This ‘will be his last term’ if he doesn’t ‘extinguish Russophobia’

Artem Klyushin, a Russian billionaire who serves as a government advisor to the Kremlin, tweeted a clear message for President Donald Trump on Thursday.

The Russian billionaire has claimed that he put President Trump in the White House. He also recently warned several Trump critics who the president has targeted for revocation of security clearances.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/rus...h-russophobia/

How Trump fights against accusations of obstruction of justice, by obstructing justice.

Revoking James Comey’s security clearance could be a federal crime for Trump says MSNBC analyst

“The revocation of Brennan’s security clearance is a new angle here, and I think the president is getting into even more dangerous ground,” he said. “I think we’re all familiar with the concept of obstruction of justice. But what I don’t know that everybody understands is that it’s also a crime to retaliate against someone who is a witness.”

Brennan is probably not a witness, Honig said, but someone like former FBI director James Comey certainly isa “crucial witness.”

“Its is a federal crime, §1513 if anyone wants to look it up, to retaliate against someone for providing truthful information to law enforcement,” he said. “So he’s getting closer and closer to really dangerous ground here. ”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/rev...msnbc-analyst/

US ex-security chiefs back John Brennan in Donald Trump war on words - BBC News

“The Republican said: "Director Brennan's recent statements purport to know as fact that the Trump campaign colluded with a foreign power."

He added: "If his statement is based on intelligence he has seen since leaving office, it constitutes an intelligence breach.

"If he has some other personal knowledge of, or evidence of, collusion, it should be disclosed to the special counsel, not The New York Times."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45219405
    Tell it to the special council investigation which at any time might be shut down.

Not surprising from the shakedown/payoff crowd.

Manafort trial update: Judge reveals he was threatened

The judge in the ongoing fraud trial of former Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort revealed Friday that he had received personal threats in relation to the case and he therefore declined to unseal the names of the 12 jurors. Judge T.S. Ellis is now under Marshal’s protection, he said.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...was-threatened

That is something that goes on in fascist states.

Deplorable.

Meanwhile Trump is attacking the same Court case.

The Marshals should arrest instigators of violence against Judges. Arrest Trump.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 17-08-2018 at 04:59 PM.

His master's voice

Russian oligarch tweets threat to Trump: This ‘will be his last term’ if he doesn’t ‘extinguish Russophobia’

Artem Klyushin, a Russian billionaire who serves as a government advisor to the Kremlin, tweeted a clear message for President Donald Trump on Thursday.

The Russian billionaire has claimed that he put President Trump in the White House. He also recently warned several Trump critics who the president has targeted for revocation of security clearances.

For all of Putin's cleverness - and I grant he is clever, I don't think he or any of his flunkies truly understand how a democracy works. Yes, they understand some of the weaknesses, but I suspect they dismiss or ignore it strengths. It wouldn't be the first time a powerful dictator underestimated the US or the west and later eventually came to regret it.

Regardless of what political party one supports, I do not think most Americans like Russians meddling in their democracy and if the Russians do not back off I think the hostility to them in the US will only grow considerably. However, that does not seem to be the way Putin works. He seems to deny and dismiss all of it and just continue on as if nothing happened - that also does not go over well in the US or other western countries.

Its appalling enough how he behaves in his own country, but he should not extend the kleptocracy, corruption, poisoning, rigging elections and other killing of opponents beyond the borders of his country. Just because it worked there, does not mean people will accept it elsewhere.

If there is a hostility to Russia, Putin's actions will only serve to make it worse.

His master's voice

For all of Putin's cleverness - and I grant he is clever, I don't think he or any of his flunkies truly understand how a democracy works. Yes, they understand some of the weaknesses, but I suspect they dismiss or ignore it strengths. It wouldn't be the first time a powerful dictator underestimated the US or the west and later eventually came to regret it.

Regardless of what political party one supports, I do not think most Americans like Russians meddling in their democracy and if the Russians do not back off I think the hostility to them in the US will only grow considerably. However, that does not seem to be the way Putin works. He seems to deny and dismiss all of it and just continue on as if nothing happened - that also does not go over well in the US or other western countries.

Its appalling enough how he behaves in his own country, but he should not extend the kleptocracy, corruption, poisoning, rigging elections and other killing of opponents beyond the borders of his country. Just because it worked there, does not mean people will accept it elsewhere.

If there is a hostility to Russia, Putin's actions will only serve to make it worse.
    I think Putin is very likely very smart, very pragmatic and fully understands how and when democracies work and don’t work. However, he knows what he wants and how to get it.

“Somebody once said that in looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence, and energy. And if you don’t have the first, the other two will kill you. You think about it; it’s true. If you hire somebody without [integrity], you really want them to be dumb and lazy.” - Warren Buffett
    Last edited by KC; 17-08-2018 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    His master's voice

I think Putin is very likely very smart, very pragmatic and fully understands how and when democracies work and don’t work. However, he knows what he wants and how to get it.

“Somebody once said that in looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence, and energy. And if you don’t have the first, the other two will kill you. You think about it; it’s true. If you hire somebody without [integrity], you really want them to be dumb and lazy.” - Warren Buffett
    He's never lived in a functioning democracy. It would be like someone living in India saying they understsnd Germany. Maybe the have a general idea but I think there is a lot they don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    His master's voice

He's never lived in a functioning democracy. It would be like someone living in India saying they understsnd Germany. Maybe the have a general idea but I think there is a lot they don't get.
    “Functioning” a pretty fuzzy there.

Putin’s been living in a democracy. Seems he’s been manipulating it quite successfully. Manipulation is nothing new to democracies.

C2E SME

Give the multi quoting a break. Sheesh.

I don't know why, but I only seem to have the reply with quote option here.

C2E SME

It's not a huge deal, but can get annoying when viewing on a tablet or phone, each post is 98% quote, and the conversation is happening in complete isolation from any other posts.

Why are you such a control freak about what others do? Let him post what he wants. Sheesh.

Michael Hayden says he, too, would be honored if Trump revoked his security clearance
    By Maegan Vazquez, CNN

Washington (CNN)Former CIA and National Security Agency Director Michael Hayden said Sunday that he'd be fine with having his security clearance revoked, as President Donald Trump threatened to do to him and other former intelligence officials who have been critical of the President.

Hayden made the comment on CNN's "State of the Union" when asked about a recent op-ed from retired Adm. William McRaven, who oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid that killed Osama bin Laden. In his piece, McRaven issued a stunning rebuke of Trump's decision to revoke the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan, whom the former naval officer called "a man of unparalleled integrity." He added that he "would consider it an honor" if Trump also took away his clearance "so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency."

Rudy's going all 1984 on us again.

Rudy Giuliani says 'truth isn't truth'

"Washington (CNN)Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump's attorney, said Sunday that "truth isn't truth"when explaining that he won't let special counsel Robert Mueller rush Trump into testifying because he doesn't want investigators to trap the President into a lie.

"When you tell me that, you know, he should testify because he's going to tell the truth and he shouldn't worry, well, that's so silly because it's somebody's version of the truth. Not the truth," Giuliani told NBC's Chuck Todd on Sunday morning during "Meet the Press."

"Truth is truth," Todd said in response.

"No, no, it isn't truth," Giuliani said. "Truth isn't truth. The President of the United States says, "I didn't ..."

"Truth isn't truth?" Todd interjected. "Mr. Mayor, do you realize, what ... I think this is going to become a bad meme."

"No, no, no ... don't do this to me," Giuliani said.

"Don't do 'truth isn't truth' to me," Todd continues.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/19/p...uth/index.html

Rudy's going all 1984 on us again.

Rudy Giuliani says 'truth isn't truth'

"Washington (CNN)Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump's attorney, said Sunday that "truth isn't truth"when explaining that he won't let special counsel Robert Mueller rush Trump into testifying because he doesn't want investigators to trap the President into a lie.

"When you tell me that, you know, he should testify because he's going to tell the truth and he shouldn't worry, well, that's so silly because it's somebody's version of the truth. Not the truth," Giuliani told NBC's Chuck Todd on Sunday morning during "Meet the Press."

"Truth is truth," Todd said in response.

"No, no, it isn't truth," Giuliani said. "Truth isn't truth. The President of the United States says, "I didn't ..."

"Truth isn't truth?" Todd interjected. "Mr. Mayor, do you realize, what ... I think this is going to become a bad meme."

"No, no, no ... don't do this to me," Giuliani said.

"Don't do 'truth isn't truth' to me," Todd continues.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/19/p...uth/index.html
    Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth... ???

I’m so confused.

Papadopoulos, the first domino

New sentencing memo lays out George Papadopoulos’ lies to the FBI

Buried underneath the news about President Donald Trump stripping former CIA chief John Brennan of security clearance and new details to be revealed in Omarosa’s forthcoming book, special counsel Robert Mueller’s office released a new document shining a bit more light on how a former Trump campaign adviser lied repeatedly to the FBI.

On Friday, Mueller’s office submitted a sentencing memorandum regarding George Papadopoulos, a former foreign policy adviser for the Trump presidential campaign. Rather than a perfunctory, one-page document listing a recommended jail sentence, though, the document reveals just how frequently Papadopoulos lied to FBI investigators in 2017 — and just how many things he lied about.

As the memo read:

The defendant’s crime was serious and caused damage to the government’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. The defendant lied in order to conceal his contacts with Russians and Russian intermediaries during the campaign and made his false statements to investigators on January 27, 2017, early in the investigation, when key investigative decisions, including who to interview and when, were being made. The defendant was explicitly notified of the seriousness of the ongoing investigation, and was told that he may have important information to provide. He was warned that lying to investigators was a “federal offense” that could get him “in trouble.” Instead of telling the truth, however, the defendant repeatedly lied throughout the interview in order to conceal the timing and significance of information the defendant had received regarding the Russians possessing “dirt” on Hillary Clinton, as well as his own outreach to Russia on behalf of the campaign. The defendant’s false statements were intended to harm the investigation, and did so.

https://thinkprogress.org/new-senten...-a57c4e5ef9da/

Noam Chomsky: In Most Of The World, Media Obsession With Trump-Russia Interference Story Is "A Joke"

Israeli intervention in U.S. elections vastly overwhelms anything the Russians may have done," Chomsky said. "I mean, even to the point where the prime minister of Israel, Netanyahu, goes directly to Congress, without even informing the president, and speaks to Congress, with overwhelming applause, to try to undermine the president’s policies—what happened with Obama and Netanyahu in 2015. Did Putin come to give an address to the joint sessions of Congress trying to—calling on them to reverse U.S. policy, without even informing the president?"

"And that’s just a tiny bit of this overwhelming influence."

"I must say I don’t pay much attention to television," he said about the news media's coverage of Russia in general. "So I don’t know a great deal about it. But, in general, I think the media—first of all, Fox News is, by now, basically a joke. It’s, as you said, state media. The other media, I think, are focusing on issues which are pretty marginal. There are much more serious issues that are being put to the side."

Chomsky also said the president is "perfectly right when he says we should have better relations with Russia. Being dragged through the mud for that is outlandish."

"Russia shouldn’t refuse to deal with the United States because the U.S. carried out the worst crime of the century, in the invasion of Iraq, much worse than anything Russia has done. But they shouldn’t refuse to deal with us for that reason, and we shouldn’t refuse to deal with them for whatever infractions they may have carried out, which certainly exist. This is just absurd," he said.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...us_issues.html

"Fox News is, by now, basically a joke. It’s, as you said, state media."

When MrOilers says fake news, this is what he means. Fox news is basically parrotting misinformation put out by Trump+co to battle the 'truth is not the truth'...

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    "Fox News is, by now, basically a joke. It’s, as you said, state media."

When MrOilers says fake news, this is what he means. Fox news is basically parrotting misinformation put out by Trump+co to battle the 'truth is not the truth'...

It's like the CBC for the Liberals in Canada, and why I don't follow them, either.

Uhhh wow just when I thought you couldnt be more wrong, there you go!

Witch hunt! Sad! Etc, etc....

Michael Cohen to Plead Guilty to Criminal Charges

"Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump’s former personal lawyer and longtime fixer, has agreed to plead guilty to charges, multiple news outlets reported Tuesday. He is scheduled to appear before a federal courtroom in Manhattan later this afternoon.

The plea agreement with federal prosecutors in the Southern District of New York would come days after the New York Times reported that Cohen was being investigated for more than $20 million in fraud."

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...minal-charges/

^ Coming soon to Canada! 2019! Preview was in Ontario.

Manafort guilty of 8 of 10 charges. Jusry couldn't reach verdict on other 10 charges. Retrial on those charges possible and he was not found "not guilty."

Paul Manafort was found guilty of five tax fraud charges, one charge of hiding foreign bank accounts, and two counts of bank fraud.

The other 10 charges were declared a mistrial.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...ial/index.html

Yup, found guilty on 8 tax-related charges. And not one of the charges (including the other 10 mistrial verdicts) are even remotely related to Trump or Russia.

Why is this even in the discussion with Trump? They all have to do with Manafort's life of crime from a long time ago.

Cohen admits he violated campaign finance laws at the direction of Trump.

http://go.cnn.com/?stream=cnn%3Fsr

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Yup, found guilty on 8 tax-related charges. And not one of the charges (including the other 10 mistrial verdicts) are even remotely related to Trump or Russia.

Why is this even in the discussion with Trump? They all have to do with Manafort's life of crime from a long time ago.
    Newsflash!

A mistrial does not mean he is innocent. He can be retried.

BTW, he is due in Court next month on charges of money laundering.

MrOilers, Keep on defending Manafort for his virtues. We love watching you squirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post

Newsflash!

Uh. Yeah, I know that. Thanks.

Explain how any of that connects to Trump or Russia, because none of it even comes close.

What makes you think I am defending Paul Manafort? Nobody cares about what happens to this guy.

Cohen admits he violated campaign finance laws at the direction of Trump.

http://go.cnn.com/?stream=cnn%3Fsr

If he admits to it, he probably did. But Trump will probably say that his lawyer (Cohen) never actually informed him it was illegal.

I think everyone in US politics does it and everyone gets caught. Even Obama got caught with something like 100 campaign finance violations (here it is: https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...egal-donations ).
    Last edited by MrOilers; 21-08-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Manafort was offered a chance to roll everything into one trial. He refused.

Newsflash!

BTW, he is due in Court next month on charges of money laundering.

MrOilers, Keep on defending Manafort for his virtues. We love watching you squirm.
    Money laundering AND not registering as a foreign agent among others.

MrNazi & Faux "News" think the same way.

Tell me, what is Fox missing?

Newsflash!

Uh. Yeah, I know that. Thanks.

Explain how any of that connects to Trump or Russia, because none of it even comes close.

What makes you think I am defending Paul Manafort? Nobody cares about what happens to this guy.
    So now Trump is a nobody? I'm confused... wasn't he your supreme ruler, whose word matters more than anyone else's?

Apparently Rudy hasn't been paying attention today.

Michael Cohen admits violating campaign finance laws in plea deal, agrees to 3-5 year sentence

In a statement, Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani said: "There is no allegation of any wrongdoing against the President in the government's charges against Mr. Cohen. It is clear that, as the prosecutor noted, Mr. Cohen's actions reflect a pattern of lies and dishonesty over a significant period of time

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...osecutors.html
    Because...

Michael Cohen says he paid hush money to women at Trump's direction

In entering the plea, Cohen did not specifically name the two women or Trump, recounting instead that he worked with an "unnamed candidate." But the amounts and the dates all lined up with the payments made to Daniels and Karen McDougal.

After Cohen's guilty plea, deputy U.S. Attorney Robert Khuzami told reporters that he submitted invoices to the candidate's company to obtain reimbursement for the unlawful campaign contributions.

Cohen said the first payment was "in co-ordination and at the direction of a candidate for federal office," and the second was made "under direction of the same candidate."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-...deal-1.4793381

Republicans react to the news that Trump directed Cohen to break campaign finance laws.

All in good time. You can bet that such charges are written down in Mueller's diary. And don't forget, “I participated in the conduct for the purposes of influencing the election” - Michael Cohen, 21 August, 2018

Cohen attorney: If these hush payments are crimes, Trump is guilty

If those payments were a crime for Michael Cohen, then why wouldn't they be a crime for Donald Trump?" Davis said in a statement.

The payments described in court line up with payoffs made to adult-film actress Stormy Daniels and ex-Playboy model Karen McDougal. Both of the women claim to have had an affair with Trump. The president has denied the claims.

Speaking later on CNN, Davis suggested to Don Lemon that Cohen has information on collusion that special counsel Robert Mueller would be interested in.

While speaking in federal court, Cohen said that he was directed by Trump to make the payments "for the purposes of influencing the election.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...s-trump-790853

"I feel very badly for Paul Manafort. It has nothing to do with me. Nothing to do with Russia collusion," the U.S. president said​.

During a one-hour, 15-minute speech at the rally, Trump mentioned neither Manafort nor Cohen, though he briefly referenced the Mueller probe into Russian election interference. "Where is the collusion? … You know, they're still looking for collusion! Find some collusion!" more
    Don't worry Mr. President, Bob Mueller will be knocking on your door very soon to deliver your order for collusion.

BTW Paul Manafort could go away for 80 years in prison on just the 8 charges. More Court time awaits him.

If Trump pardons him, he will leave Manafort unprotected by his 5th Amendment Rights and would have to spill all the beans.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 21-08-2018 at 10:42 PM.

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast