Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Results 1,501 to 1,584 of 1584

Thread: Trump on immigration, big beautiful walls, etc

10/25/99: Two candidates set to seek Reform Party WH nod — Pat Buchanan, who favors immigration restrictions, a wall on the southern border, tearing up trade deals, and an “America first” foreign policy. And Donald Trump, who says Buchanan’s message appeals only to “wackos”:
    https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/st...70923315019777
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Simply amazing how much old video is coming out.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Coup or no coup?

A declaration of an emergency to build a wall would give him
    limited powers but could it be combined with something else to then further expand on their crisis? Government shutdown related? Russia or North Korea or other Trump buddies assisting in crisis creation?

Is Donald Trump staging a coup | The Independent

‘It’s pretty much inevitable’ that Trump will try to stage a coup and overthrow democracy: Yale historian Tim Snyder
    CHAUNCEY DEVEGA, SALON
    11 JAN 2019
    “In your book you discuss the idea that Donald Trump will have his own version of Hitler’s Reichstag fire to expand his power and take full control of the government by declaring a state of emergency. How do you think that would play out?
    Let me make just two points. The first is that I think it’s pretty much inevitable that they will try. ...”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/pre...an-tim-snyder/

Donald Trump trying to stage a coup and overthrow democracy is 'inevitable', says top US historian
    'There are certainly elements of his approach which are fascistic,' says Professor Timothy Snyder

Benjamin Kentish @BenKentish
    Monday 1 May 2017

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7712041.html

Is Trump staging a coup?

By Tom Toles

November 25, 2018

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.wash...taging-a-coup/

Opinion | Why Autocrats Love Emergencies - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/12/o...ency-wall.html

And then there’s the rallying going on, on the other side and those that Trump says would riot if he were impeached:

John Dowd: There Is A Coup Against President Trump By Rod Rosenstein, James Comey, Robert Mueller, Andrew McCabe | Kilmeade & Friends
    https://radio.foxnews.com/2019/01/14...andrew-mccabe/

‘It’s A Coup’: Former Trump Lawyer Responds To Report Of FBI Counterintelligence Probe - The Daily Caller

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/14/j...-donald-trump/
    Last edited by KC; 14-01-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Everyone is familiar with the Great Wall of San Antonio. It's easy to find, just 150 miles north of the border.

President Trump claims San Antonio's border wall helped lower crime rate

"You look at different places, they put up a wall, no problem," Trump said. "You look at San Antonio, you look at so many different places, they go from one of the most unsafe cities in the country to one of the safest, immediately. Immediately. It works. We have to put them up, and we will put them up. We've got to."

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/loc...wer-crime-rate
    I bet that the wall is actually in the basement of the Alamo.

Just look at that big, beautiful wall. That sure kept the Mexicans out.

Oh, wait...

Last edited by kkozoriz; 19-01-2019 at 08:26 PM.

I have an honest question.

How does a "slat border wall" stop drugs?

I think these bricks of cocaine could simply be passed through the "wall"

C2E
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

The Border Wall sing-song

Crazy Kellyanne Conway saying the ‘wall is not a wall’

Kellyanne takes doublespeak to a 3 dimensional rant.

She tells reporters that asking questions about a wall is wrong and that Trump had said that you can call it anything you want, a fence, slats, a peach, you don't have to call it a wall. Then when reporters ask about the wall, she goes ballistic even when reporters remind her that Trump is campaigning with the new slogan, "Build a WALL, crime will FALL!"

Just watch how she spins a wall of deflection, denial and spin. She actually states that reporters are using "the four letter word".

Yes "Wall" is a four letter word.

Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 24-01-2019 at 07:02 AM.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Shes gotta go. Expect to see her fired in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Shes gotta go. Expect to see her fired in the next few days.
    Trump will never fire Kellyanne. They were cut from the same cloth.

Illegal crossings are at record lows. Crime is dropping. So, a wall is needed because?

Trump: We need a wall to reduce crime. Also Trump: Crime rates are low.
    The president caps off a day in which his supporters made increasingly desperate arguments for the wall.

During a White House event on Wednesday afternoon, Trump touted the nation’s gradual, decades-long decrease in violent crime — while making a case that if a wall isn’t built, crime will soon be out of control.

“If we don’t do it, this country is going to be worse than at any time in our history in terms of drug infestation and in terms of crime,” Trump said. “And our crime numbers are very good.”

In other words, Trump wanted to remind people that crime has been under control without a wall, while arguing that a wall is needed to reduce crime.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-wall-argument

The wall is needed for maintaining Trump's ego.

Just like he took credit for the Obama economic recovery and oin the years of lowering unemployment, Trump knows that crime is going down, and will go down regardless of a wall or no wall but will boast that once the wall starts being built, will take every opportunity to take credit for that too. If the wall is blocked, he will cherry pick instances like a immigrant running a traffic light, that America is being swarmed by thousands of illegal immigrants that are rapists, gang members and murderers.

Rince, lather, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    The wall is needed for maintaining Trump's ego.
    If the wall is blocked, he will cherry pick instances like a immigrant running a traffic light, that America is being swarmed by thousands of illegal immigrants that are rapists, gang members and murderers.
    And employees at Trump properties....

Dems Agree to Fund Wall and Reopen Government If Trump Leaves Country Forever
    Calling the deal “a huge win for America,” Pelosi said that Trump would get the wall he wanted plus the opportunity to do something “incredibly patriotic” for his country.
    Satire from The Borowitz Report

Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

^You mean that even if the wall is 100ft high, they can just tunnel underneath it???

Who knew???

Well everyone except Trump and Fiends...

Meanwhile, woman artist shows that you can scale the steel slats in a strapless dress and a pair of nice high heels. LOL

http://onegoodeyeonline.com/2017/04/...-things-to-do/

^You mean that even if the wall is 100ft high, they can just tunnel underneath it???

Who knew???

Well everyone except Trump and Fiends...

Meanwhile, woman artist shows that you can scale the steel slats in a strapless dress and a pair of nice high heels. LOL

http://onegoodeyeonline.com/2017/04/...-things-to-do/

This wall might be a good thing. Turn it sections of it into tourist attractions, artistic opportunities, fitness climbing walls, drive in movie screens, border jumping, pole vaulting, catapullt challenges, robotic tunnelling challenges, survivor TV show sites, air pollution filters...

Nancy says, "NO, you keep moving the goal posts"

Today's XKCD comic seems timely...

[img]
    https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/midcontinent_rift_system.png[/img]

https://xkcd.com/2103/
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

BREAKING NEWS!

Trump buckles again to Pelosi

Trump announces deal to end shutdown without money for wall
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/worl...-bill-reports/

Even Faux News is loudly stating that Trump flinched.

Pelosi is schooling Trump. He’s a slow learner.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.cea66f067ec5

Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 25-01-2019 at 02:17 PM.

ANN COULTER CALLS DONALD TRUMP 'BIGGEST WIMP EVER TO SERVE AS PRESIDENT' AS CONSERVATIVE MEDIA BLASTS ‘CAVE’ OVER WALL

Conservative media hammered President Donald Trump for his surprising announcement on Friday afternoon that he has agreed to reopen the federal government for three weeks while continuing to negotiate with Democrats to secure the southern border. The agreement came without funding for his border wall.

Conservative political commentator and author Ann Coulter roasted Trump on Twitter without explicitly naming him.

“Good news for George Herbert Walker Bush: As of today, he is no longer the biggest wimp ever to serve as President of the United States,” Coulter tweeted.

The homepage of conservative website The Daily Caller featured the headline "TRUMP CAVES: President Will Temporarily Reopen Government With Zero Funding For The Wall,” calling the move “a serious reversal.”

Breitbart News’s headline was simple: “GOVERNMENT OPEN” and “NO WALL.”

Drudge Report led with an all-caps “SHUTDOWN AGREEMENT REACHED, GOVT TO REOPEN TEMPORARILY,” below which was written in eye-grabbing red, “NO WALL FUNDS.”

https://www.newsweek.com/ann-coulter...-media-1306007

Just open up the borders, eliminate border security altogether. Why spend billions on border security there and here and then just fly people in from all over the world from god knows where anyway. Whats the difference if you have Filipinos, middle easterners, Africans, East Indians etc. or just have Mexicans and Central Americans right here from our own continent. They could just drive over, no problem.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 25-01-2019 at 07:09 PM.

What’s your point?

Point being as long as the government can waste as much tax money as possible by any means they can dream up they are happy.

Nice way of saying "I'm afraid of brown people so I'm going to say this instead."

Who is Roger Stone? Fascinating facts about man arrested in U.S. election tampering case | CBC News

“Exhibit 1 remains the tattoo of the smiling face of Richard Nixon between his shoulder blades, a reminder of his beginnings as a political dirty trickster in the service of the late Republican president.
    (Stone maintains that he never played a part in the Watergate break-in, but his FBI file offers a lengthy litany of political misdeeds, including planting false information, spying on opponents, and making pay-offs.)”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/...ment-1.4987759

Point being as long as the government can waste as much tax money as possible by any means they can dream up they are happy.

You mean in building walls?

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Nice way of saying "I'm afraid of brown people so I'm going to say this instead."
    I believe Mexicans and Central Americans are mostly brown. Your a fuqen prick no matter what colour you are. My own wife and kids are brown. Your the prejudiced dikhead to even say it. What I mean is Canada needs immigration so they spend billions on people coming here when we could just open our borders in North America, like Europe, and people could just drive over, solving a lot of problems with no exorbitant costs involved. Plus all the border security costs and other problems with security. Time for a North American union.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 25-01-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Maybe the governments are worried that millions of us would leave here to the warmer climates and the southern countries would be booming and things would die out here.

Just open up the borders, eliminate border security altogether. Why spend billions on border security there and here and then just fly people in from all over the world from god knows where anyway. Whats the difference if you have Filipinos, middle easterners, Africans, East Indians etc. or just have Mexicans and Central Americans right here from our own continent. They could just drive over, no problem.
    This is a deliberate mischaracterization of the facts and in fact an outright lie on the position of the Democrats.

First, there is a difference between a border wall and border security.

Second and most importantly.

Nobody. Absolutely NOBODY is advocating open borders. Both parties voted unanimously in the Senate on a spending bill in early December that included billions of dollars on increased border security, more staffing, better technologies and more equipment. The White House had not included any request for funding a border wall so it was not in the budget. Period.

In fact, the Republicans were unable to propose and pass any legislation on a border wall for the entire two years where the controlled both sides of Congress as well as the presidency. More so, the Republicans were so disorganized and Trump had not made key appointments to ensure that previous budgets were spent on border security so over a billion dollars of funding has not been spent to date.

When the new spending bill, mentioned above, was passed by both houses was presented to Trump, he got slammed by Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh who reminded Trump that he had promised a wall. They conveniently forgot to mention that Trump promised that Mexico would pay for it, not the American tax payer. Then Trump moved the goal posts with a minute left on the clock, demanded $5.7 Billion to added to the budget and refused to sign it. Trump screwed this up from the start.

Then Trump, the only President ever in American history, shut down his own government. This was at a time where his party controlled both Houses. Nonetheless, Trump decided to take 800,000 Federal employees and hundreds of thousands of additional contract employees as hostages.

35 days later, Trump, the "very stable genius" and "the best deal maker" has nothing to show except agreeing to basically the same Bill that was presented to him 6 weeks ago, caving to an empowered Pelosi and her party, a major drop in the polls and now his supporters loudly calling him weak, a wimp and a loser.

He is now a lame duck President who has no policy objectives, a wide spread disgruntled Republican party, empowered Democrats and more than a dozen investigation and many Court cases against him, his staff and associates.

Score:

Nancy Pelosi, 2
    Washed up Snake Oil Salesman, 0

I think Drumbones has been misunderstood with his last posts. If I'm reading correctly, people assumed sarcasm, when it was a genuine thought/suggestion. It sounds like he's advocating to maintain immigration levels, but instead of spending money on a system heavily based on intercontinental migration, just relax the borders in North America and let migration occur organically. There's obviously problems with that idea, but there are some merits.

Exactly correct.

No. Drumbones is just backpedaling. He believes that this is a everything or nothing argument. Sort of a Bush: 'You Are Either With Us, Or With the Terrorists' - framing of an issue.

He wants to wrongly portray that Democrats want open borders when it is is easy to prove that false.

No. Drumbones is just backpedaling. He believes that this is a everything or nothing argument. Sort of a Bush: 'You Are Either With Us, Or With the Terrorists' - framing of an issue.

He wants to wrongly portray that Democrats want open borders when it is is easy to prove that false.
    Why are you acting so foolishly to try to put words in other peoples mouths?

Why not simply ask, rather than act with such an arrogant and authoritative insistence that you know all. Especially immediately after kkozoriz completely humiliated himself with his accusations of racism.
    Last edited by KC; 26-01-2019 at 07:37 AM.

I have no idea what hes talking about, or why

I apologize for misunderstanding your comment about open borders. There's so many down south that use the claim of people wanting open borders to mischaracterize the Democrats position on the border.

I don't agree that open borders would work here, particularly with the US being much more dominant population and economic wise that a European model wouldn't work here.

Accepted. I think it would work myself. Both ways. Imagine just driving into Montana without a border stop, then through Nogales without a stop. I would own a condo down there for sure, and likely retire there. We are always bringing in temporary foreign workers over oceans. Why? Just open the borders. I sure wouldnt mind the Mexican people coming here. I like them actually. In my travels to Costa Rica Ive met people from Nicaragua, Gautamala, Honduras, Panama, El Salvador. Nice people. I used to go regularly to Jaco Beach, C.R. for years. San Jose and other cities as well. Never experienced any problems. I would not want to vacation in a Muslim country though. A few brews and Id get my head chopped off. Lol
    Last edited by Drumbones; 26-01-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Open borders creates conduits for mass migrations from all over the world with no controls. Millions of people streaming into the country puts incredible demands on social programs and tax avoidance issues. If you are living in Montana but get healthcare in Alberta, how do you regulate taxes and benefits? When they created the European Union, those issues were standardized. Can you see that the US would accept our healthcare policies as their standard?

A good comprehensive border security policy and program benefits everyone.

Open borders are foolhardy and creates more problems than it solves.

Universal healthcare could be adopted. 500,000 people are migrating here each year right now so what would be the big difference
    Last edited by Drumbones; 26-01-2019 at 08:40 AM.

Open borders creates conduits for mass migrations from all over the world with no controls. Millions of people streaming into the country puts incredible demands on social programs and tax avoidance issues. If you are living in Montana but get healthcare in Alberta, how do you regulate taxes and benefits? When they created the European Union, those issues were standardized. Can you see that the US would accept our healthcare policies as their standard?

A good comprehensive border security policy and program benefits everyone.

Open borders are foolhardy and creates more problems than it solves.
    “A good comprehensive border security policy and program benefits everyone.”

It benefits the rich like all of us in Canada and the US. It doesn’t benefit the most of the poor like most of those living south of the US border.

Open borders would potentially equalize the standard of living for hundreds of millions of people. Our privileged life styles would of course disappear.

A few people might get even richer:

World's 26 richest people own as much as poorest 50%, says Oxfam | News | The Guardian

“The growing concentration of the world’s wealth has been highlighted by a report showing that the 26 richest billionaires own as many assets as the 3.8 billion people who make up the poorest half of the planet’s population.”

https://www.theguardian.com/business...t-oxfam-report
    Last edited by KC; 26-01-2019 at 08:48 AM.

Americans bringing firearms into the country totally unfettered.

And Canadians taking Kinder surprise eggs into the US. lol. or the illicit devils weed.

And Canadians taking Kinder surprise eggs into the US. lol. or the illicit devils weed.
    Ghostbusters - Mass Hysteria - YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA1SxZoFmOU

So how would you limit people from anywhere on earth, from flying into some Central American country and then moving to Edmonton, taking residence and expecting to benefit of a hundred years of hard work to create a society and not contribute?

A good immigration system determines Canada's workforce needs and then filters out the best candidates and those with the greatest need.

We still accept hundreds of thousands of new immigrants but there are targets and controls that are determined each year.

You don't run a hospital and say, everyone who is sick, come in and take a bed.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 26-01-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Russia is about the size of North America. They seem to manage. Airports, coast guards and military. The Panama Canal and three oceans could be our borders.i think if we did this we would have a strong booming economy. With China becoming such a large economy and the European Union, Russia, we would be better off with one large strong presence as well.

Well why don't you move to Russia???

Why not??

Accepted. I think it would work myself. Both ways. Imagine just driving into Montana without a border stop, then through Nogales without a stop. I would own a condo down there for sure, and likely retire there. We are always bringing in temporary foreign workers over oceans. Why? Just open the borders. I sure wouldnt mind the Mexican people coming here. I like them actually. In my travels to Costa Rica Ive met people from Nicaragua, Gautamala, Honduras, Panama, El Salvador. Nice people. I used to go regularly to Jaco Beach, C.R. for years. San Jose and other cities as well. Never experienced any problems. I would not want to vacation in a Muslim country though. A few brews and Id get my head chopped off. Lol
    Not to derail too much, but Jaco is awesome. We stayed a bit south in Esterillos. It was before my son was born, but I've been telling him about the trip, and he's pushing pretty hard to take him.

Yes. I stayed at the same place a lot and it was like I had a second family there. lol. Still communicate and hope to go again soon, likely next year. I married a young lady from Vietnam so have been going there for my thawing out in winter trip the past few years. Some nice resorts there too. Very inexpensive too, especially with lots of relatives to hang with. My wife heads out Friday for a month. Im just manning the fort and caring for Sonny Boy. Dad died last month so shes going to stay with mom for a while.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 26-01-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Why not??
    Another dumb contribution. I know an Albertan that moved to Quebec so I guess stranger things have happened. lol

Yes. I stayed at the same place a lot and it was like I had a second family there. lol. Still communicate and hope to go again soon, likely next year. I married a young lady from Vietnam so have been going there for my thawing out in winter trip the past few years. Some nice resorts there too. Very inexpensive too, especially with lots of relatives to hang with. My wife heads out Friday for a month. Im just manning the fort and caring for Sonny Boy. Dad died last month so shes going to stay with mom for a while.
    I'm sorry for your families loss drumbones, it will be nice for your wife to be with her mother

Why not??
    Another dumb contribution. I know an Albertan that moved to Quebec so I guess stranger things have happened. lol
    You totally missed the point. If you removed all borders world wide, many people would migrate to the top listed countries like those below.

These are the 10 best countries in the world in 2019
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/23/us-n...-in-2019-.html

I was just thinking of North America. It seems like their are blocks of countries though that could be amalgamated around the world, as the world becomes a smaller place.

So how do we take over the US and make it our Southwest Territories and Southeast Territories?

Of course they’d be better off with our system of government. Plus getting a monarchy again. Canifest Destiny
    Last edited by KC; 26-01-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    I'm sorry for your families loss drumbones, it will be nice for your wife to be with her mother
    Thanks. Its been tough for her. Us.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    So how do we take over the US and make it our Southwest Territories and Southeast Territories.

If course they’d be better off with our system of government. Plus getting a monarchy again. Canifest Destiny
    United States of North America. See, easy. lol. No, Im thinking of a union but still the same independent countrys. Like the European Union. North American Union if you will.

You mean make Canada the 51st State and be treated like Puerto Rico?

No thank you...

I like the Confederation of 10 Provinces as is...

You mean make Canada the 51st State and be treated like Puerto Rico?

No thank you...

I like the Confederation of 10 Provinces as is...
    What did Yukon, NWT, and Nunavut ever do to you?

Love the Yukon. Nunavut has some great nude beaches. Reminds me of some of the beaches in the south of France except for the polar bear poop on the shores.

The three Territories were "assigned" to Canada by Britain.

I don't believe that the three Territories actual had a legal standing to join Confederation. I could be wrong but there was no slight to omit them from my original statement.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 27-01-2019 at 01:36 PM.

I was just thinking of North America. It seems like their are blocks of countries though that could be amalgamated around the world, as the world becomes a smaller place.
    Then are you suggesting to put a border wall around North America? If so, then you are just expanding imperialism and recreating the same problem, only 3 times larger, all over again.

Love the Yukon. Nunavut has some great nude beaches. Reminds me of some of the beaches in the south of France except for the polar bear poop on the shores.

The three Territories were "assigned" to Canada by Britain.

I don't believe that the three Territories actual had a legal standing to join Confederation. I could be wrong but there was no slight to omit them from my original statement.
    Now that raises some interesting questions! Never stopped to think about the specifics of this before. Hudson’s Bay was also involved as it had much of the land. Just assumed sparse population non-agricultural /settlement aspects was enough to leave them as territories. We were part of it until the province was created. Seemed that they just ran the border east from BC.

This has some generalities:

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia....ries-1870-1905
    Last edited by KC; 27-01-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    So how do we take over the US and make it our Southwest Territories and Southeast Territories.

If course they’d be better off with our system of government. Plus getting a monarchy again. Canifest Destiny
    United States of North America. See, easy. lol. No, I’m thinking of a union but still the same independent countrys. Like the European Union. North American Union if you will.
    This is an interesting read:

MAY 30, 2018
    Germany, France, and the EU
    By Peter Skurkiss

“ “From a French perspective, there is no conflict between a 'sovereign France' and a 'sovereign Europe,' as long as Europe is properly constituted on universal, i.e., French principles and governed out of Paris, as an extension of French sovereignty. While in Germany a sovereign Europe is the desirable termination of national, including German, sovereignty, in France it is a condition, or a contemporary vision, of a sovereign France.”

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...nd_the_eu.html
    Last edited by KC; 28-01-2019 at 07:03 AM.

United States of North America. See, easy. lol. No, Im thinking of a union but still the same independent countrys. Like the European Union. North American Union if you will.
    There is a book about this.

It is called 1984

Here is the map

THE PARTY TOLD YOU TO REJECT THE EVIDENCE OF YOUR EYES AND EARS
    IT WAS THEIR FINAL MOST ESSENTIAL COMMAND AND IF ALL OTHERS
    ACCEPTED THE LIE WHICH THE PARTY IMPOSED IF ALL RECORDS TOLD
    THE SAME TALE THEN THE LIE PASSED INTO HISTORY AND BECAME TRUTH

1984 GEORGE ORWELL

I am down in Pasadena this week. I was told that many Federal parks were vandalized during the shutdown as people felt they could deface parks and drive their 4x4s wherever they wanted.

President Small Hands lies about crowd size again.

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/ne...um/2844228002/
    President Donald Trump spoke for more than an hour at a campaign rally Monday at the El Paso County Coliseum. He made several claims, from crowd sizes to crime rates, from policies to politics. We fact-checked some of them.

TRUMP RALLY: Trump says 10,000 at El Paso County Coliseum rally; Fire Department says not true

How many were at Trump rally
    Throughout Monday, President Donald Trump touted the size of the crowd that would attend his rally in El Paso. When his rally got underway, the president said that “69,000 signed up to be here. The arena holds about 8,000."

Trump thanked the El Paso Fire Department for getting 10,000 people in the El Paso County Coliseum, before noting the crowd that gathered outside for his rally.

“Tens of thousands of people are watching the screens outside,” Trump said.

However, a Fire Department spokesman said 6,500 people were inside the venue and denied any special accommodations were made. Several thousand, though, were outside the Coliseum, watching the president's speech on big screens. There were no official estimates, though.

How many were at Beto rally
    Before he landed in El Paso, Trump brought attention to the size of the line waiting for his rally compared to a dueling rally headed by former El Paso Congressman Beto O'Rourke.

"We have a line that is very long already. I mean, you see what’s going on," Trump said at an event in Washington, D.C., with some of the nation's sheriffs. "And I understand our competition’s got a line, too, but it’s a tiny, little line."

Donald Trump's son Donald Jr. also took a shot at the size of O'Rourke's crowd. He said it was "50." Then he joked that because of fact-checkers, he would revise that up to "200."

An O'Rourke spokesman said about 8,000 attended the counter-rally. However, the El Paso Police Department told the El Paso Times that officers had made no official estimates.
    Remember how Crowd Size became the first lie of the Trump Presidency
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...s-lies/579622/
    “This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration—period—both in person and around the globe.”

Sean Spicer, the newly installed White House press secretary, was speaking to members of the American media for the first time after Donald Trump, the reality-TV star, became Donald Trump, the world leader. At issue was one of the many basic truths that, in those earliest days of the 45th presidency, had managed to become a matter of controversy: the number of people who had watched the new president speak—about crime, about carnage, about himself—at his inauguration.

The facts were not on Spicer’s side. There are myriad methods for determining the size of a crowd, in person and beyond, among them public-transportation ridership data, Nielsen statistics, satellite imagery, terrestrial photography, and common sense; put a photo of President Barack Obama’s inauguration next to a photo of Trump’s, and the truth of the matter is plain. Spicer, however, opted for a more faith-based approach. Seething and scowling and performing his indignation, condemning members of the media for their “deliberately false reporting,” the new messenger in chief seemed to be willing a more politically convenient truth into existence. The largest audience to ever witness an inauguration—period: The whole thing had the air of incantation. Its foolishness might have been funny, had the attempt at weaponized magic not also suggested one of the darkest elements of the Trump presidency: its radiating conviction that truth itself can be remade in the shape of its leader.

Here are some of the other falsehoods that have been presented as fact by Trump and his administration, following Spicer’s original spin: There are terrorist attacks, in the U.S. and Europe, that are not being reported by the media. There has been rioting in California over sanctuary cities. The Democrats want to give cars to undocumented immigrants. “Alternative facts,” “the Bowling Green massacre,” “MEXICO IS PAYING FOR THE WALL”—there have been, per one not-even-that-recent estimate, 7,645 false assertions so far. (7,645!) What’s striking about the untruths, though, isn’t merely their volume; it’s also their ineptitude. The lies are lazy. The week that saw Spicer bragging about his boss’s allegedly world-historic inaugural audience—a government photographer edited photos of the crowd, it was later reported, to make it seem larger than it had been—was the same one that found Trump and his aides claiming that he had written his own inaugural address (he had not) and offering as evidence a staged photo of the president sitting at a desk at Mar-a-Lago, clutching a legal pad and wielding a Sharpie.

The absurdity is part of the point. Trump’s guiding ethos, in life and in politics, is the stuff of nouveau Nietzsche: struggle and strength and winning—so much winning; oppressive amounts of winning—above all. The president lies because, as any autocrat will tell you, lying is its own will to power. He lies because truth, it turns out, is another norm that can be easily broken, and because a collective fealty to reality, the crucial foundation of any democracy, is for the most part a matter of uneasy covenant. He lies because no one stops him. He lies because it’s his habit. He lies because he can.
    I looked out, the field was, looked like million, million and a half people. They showed a field where there was practically nobody standing there. And they said, "Donald Trump did not draw well." I said, "It was almost raining!" The rain should've scared them away but God looked down and said we're not going to let it rain on your speech.
    Trump describing a framed photograph of his inauguration crowd during an interview with David Muir, ABC (25 January 2017)

But then again, Trump lied about “over 1,000 hamberders,”

Supreme Leader Donald Trump Lies About Volume of Fast Food Hamburgers
    What’s the difference between 300 and 1,000 anyway?
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-house-779128/

He was also lying. In the video, Trump notes that the White House brought in 300 hamburgers for the event. The president has made common practice of inflating numbers for his own benefit — whether it be the size of his inauguration crowd, or the trade deficit. He couldn’t help himself on Monday, either. After the dinner wrapped, Trump addressed the high-performance athletes he had just served sodium-rich sandwiches. The number of hamburgers tripled. “Do we give you some little quick salads that the first lady will make, along with the second lady — they’ll make some salads. I said you guys aren’t into salads,” Trump said. “Or do I go out and send out for about 1,000 hamburgers? Big Macs. So we actually did. We bought 1,000. Burger King. All American companies. Burger King, Wendy’s and McDonald’s.”

Clemson lists 119 players on its 2018-2019 football roster, along with 11 coaches. If the White House ordered 1,000 hamburgers, it would be enough for each player or coach to eat seven burgers, and that’s assuming all 130 of them made the trip to Washington. Pizza, chicken nuggets, salad and fries were also being served. “We have everything that I like, that you like,” Trump said. “I know that no matter what we did there’s nothing you could have that’s better than that.”

On Tuesday morning, the number grew from 1,000 hamburgers to “over 1,000 hamberders,” which Trump claimed he paid for himself. He said it was all gone within an hour, which, again, means that each player would have had to have eaten over seven hamburgers, not to mention the other offerings
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 12-02-2019 at 08:32 AM.

Today: Trump to sign spending bill

Then declare a National Emergency

Then leave in the afternoon to go golfing in Mar a lago...

Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 15-02-2019 at 07:10 AM.

Trump failed to get Mexico to pay for the wall.
    Trump failed to get money for wall through NAFTA deal with Mexico
    Trump failed for two years to get his own party with control of both Houses to get wall funding
    Trump failed to get funding after shutting down government
    Trump fails to budge Nancy Pelosi to get wall funding
    Trump has childish dictatorial tantrum
    Trump to declare fake national emergency and blames Democrats for his failure to make a deal.
    Trump will fail in Constitutional Court challenge

Trump, are you tired of so much winning? Loser.

Answer my question’: Fox News anchor grills defiant Stephen Miller on Trump’s national emergency
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-...=.2d83e59b9c45

Unstoppable rhetoric collided with immovable facts on “Fox News Sunday,” as White House senior policy adviser Stephen Miller defended President Trump’s national emergency declaration and invoked the potential for a veto if Congress disapproves in an interview with Chris Wallace.

The segment focused on the limits of presidential powers to circumvent Congress and procure funds to build 230 miles of barriers along the southern border. Miller described an onslaught of drugs and migrants flowing over the border as justification for the emergency declaration.

Yet, like a small army of fact-checkers have noted before, Wallace told Miller the vast majority of hard drugs seized by Customs and Border Protection are captured at points of entry, not between them, and unlawful migration over the border has fallen 90 percent since 2000

So what crisis is the wall supposed to solve?

In shades of former defense secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld’s “unknown unknowns” theory, Miller invoked what could not be demonstrated by his own administration’s statistics. “You don’t know what you don’t know, and you don’t catch what you don’t catch,” Miller told Wallace. “But as a matter of national security, you cannot have uncontrolled, unsecured areas of the border where people can pour in undetected.”

The segment took a tense turn after Wallace pressed Miller, a self-proclaimed constitutional conservative, over measures designed to block the president from obtaining funds outside Congress.
    <snip>
    In other words, troops were deployed to help harden the border and now need barriers to keep them safe from a threat Miller did not describe.

Still, the move lacks precedent, Wallace said, in how Trump has sought to secure his funds. Miller repeatedly refused to acknowledge it has not happened before and tried to fire back with a question of his own. Wallace sailed past the dodge.

“Then answer my question, can you name one case where a president has asked Congress for money, Congress has refused, and the president has then invoked national powers to get the money anyway?”
    Miller responded: “Well this current situation —”

Wallace interjected again. “Just yes or no, sir.”

Miller answered “no” in a quick back-and-forth before moving to emergency declarations involving Zimbabwe as an example of overzealous use of authority — even though the 2003 measure against associates of despot Robert Mugabe was extended by Trump himself in March.

<snip>
    The segment ended. Wallace, in a flash of understatement, bid his guest farewell. “It’s always good and always challenging to talk to you,” Wallace said.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 19-02-2019 at 07:00 AM.

Trump's reasoning for declaring a national emergency. Expect to see this quote at the Supreme Court hearing.

“I Didn’t Need to Do This”: Donald Trump Declares a National Emergency

By Eric Lach
    February 15th, 1:15 P.M.

“I could do the wall over a longer period of time. I didn’t need to do this. But I’d rather do it much faster,” he said. “And I don’t have to do it for the election. I’ve already done a lot of wall for the election. 2020. And the only reason we’re up here talking about this is because of the election—because they want to try to win an election, which it looks like they’re not going to be able to do.”

https://www.newyorker.com/news/curre...onal-emergency

The County of El Paso Texas, seeks injunction against Trump's emergency declaration in Court.

Faux and Fiends need a geography lesson. Watch for Trump to parrot the same line.

Fox News apologizes for ‘3 Mexican countries’ graphic
    https://globalnews.ca/news/5115970/f...can-countries/

Even Faux and Fiends makes apologies for their mistakes and misinformation.

Maybe Trump could take a few lessons on the nearly 10,000 lies and misinformation he has uttered.

Nope, Trump does not apologise, instead he attacks his opponents.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 01-04-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Trump border closing? Republicans, Chamber of Commerce question president's latest threat

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ns/3313822002/

"Even threatening to close the border to legitimate commerce and travel creates a degree of economic uncertainty that risks compromising the very gains in growth and productivity that policies of the Trump administration have helped achieve,” said Neil Bradley, the group's executive vice president and chief policy officer.

The Commerce Department estimates $502 billion in goods crossed the border in trucks and trains last year, roughly $1.4 billion a day. That doesn't include products shipped by air and sea.

Kirstjen Nielsen to leave role as Trump's Homeland Security Secretary
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/kirstj...tary-1.5088401

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen resigned on Sunday amid President Donald Trump’s growing frustration and bitterness over the number of Central American families crossing the southern border. Trump and Stephen Miller want a tougher department chief modeled

Trump Wants a ‘Tougher’ ICE Director. What Does That Mean?
    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...that-mean.html

The weekend at the Department of Homeland Security, which houses ICE, only got rockier on Sunday when Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen resigned after meeting with the President. Nielsen is considered by Vox’s Dara Lind to be the “most aggressive” DHS Secretary since the agency was founded in 2002: “To Trump’s critics, Nielsen will likely be remembered for presiding over the widespread separation of children from their parents at the US/Mexico border in late spring and early summer 2018, under a ‘zero tolerance’ policy of prosecuting first-time border crossers for illegal entry.” Nielsen also moved to limit the number of migrants that would be able to apply for asylum legally.

The weekend was a good one for Stephen Miller at least: The senior adviser is also a noted critic of Nielsen, and has reportedly been lobbying the president to shake things up at ICE and DHS. According to the Washington Post, the president recently told Miller he would “be in charge of handling all immigration and border affairs.”
    ICE is already known as the agency that deports tens of thousands of undocumented immigrants who are parents of children with American citizenship. In a particularly cruel separation from November 2017, ICE split a Congolese mother from her daughter and flew the child 2,000 miles to a center for “unaccompanied” minors, holding her there with limited contact with her mother for four months. Between 2012 and March 2018, there were 1,224 reports of sexual abuse filed by detainees in ICE custody; half of those accused worked for the agency. If such treatment is the agency’s response to undocumented immigrants living mostly without incident in the United States, how much “tougher” does the president intend to get?

Trump administration blocks Democratic congresswomen from inspecting 'prison-like' child migrant center in Florida
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nt-center.html
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 08-04-2019 at 07:21 AM.

How to know your head is on the chopping block in the Trump administration?

Last week the boss says that he could not be happier and more satisfied by the great job they are doing at the Secret Service.

Today
    U.S. Secret Service director is out, latest casualty in DHS shakeup
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...or-out-n992141

The political purges continue...

The President of the United States Told Law Enforcement to Break the Law
    https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...m-immigration/

Last Friday, the President visited Calexico, California, where he said, "We're full, our system's full, our country's full—can't come in! Our country is full, what can you do? We can't handle any more, our country is full. Can't come in, I'm sorry. It's very simple."
    Behind the scenes, two sources told CNN, the President told border agents to not let migrants in. Tell them we don't have the capacity, he said. If judges give you trouble, say, "Sorry, judge, I can't do it. We don't have the room."

After the President left the room, agents sought further advice from their leaders, who told them they were not giving them that direction and if they did what the President said they would take on personal liability. You have to follow the law, they were told.

Here is the President of the United States instructing law-enforcement agents to disregard the law and implement his policy by fiat. It should be no surprise, really. The extralegality of the president's agenda goes well beyond the Phony National Emergency. In his first two-plus years in office, federal courts ruled his policy moves were illegal 65 times, according to the Washington Post. That's an astonishing rate for a president to lose in court, and it's unlikely it's due to bad lawyering. The policies are just hard to defend on the basis of the law.

Trump says only 1 person is in charge of immigration: Him
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.chic...story,amp.html

Sound like a very stable dictator.

And this is what his "very good brain" is telling him.

As Trump threatens to ship undocumented immigrants to sanctuary cities, these cities say: We will welcome them

Confirming Friday that his administration is considering sending undocumented immigrants en masse to sanctuary cities, President Donald Trump framed the proposal as a threat—but several politicians and rights advocates replied that immigrants would be welcome in those communities.

The president announced that the White House is weighing the proposal hours after the Washington Post reported that it had been considered and then rejected last year.

“Due to the fact that Democrats are unwilling to change our very dangerous immigration laws, we are indeed, as reported, giving strong considerations to placing Illegal Immigrants in Sanctuary Cities only,” Trump tweeted.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/tru...-will-welcome/
    Even Fox isn't buying it.

‘The law is clear’: Fox’s Shep Smith and Chris Wallace absolutely destroy Trump’s sanctuary cities threat

Fox News’ Shep Smith and Chris Wallace on Friday laid waste to President Donald Trump’s threat to transport detained migrants to Democratic states and so-called “sanctuary cities” in retaliation for his own failure to obtain funding for his long-promised border wall.

“There’s cleaning up that needs to be done here. The fact is no Democrat, not one in Congress or otherwise, has called for open borders,” Smith began moments after Trump went off script at a press conference to assert that he was still considering the move.

“The law is clear, you can’t do this,” he added and turned to Wallace. “Is this a talking point for the day? Is this an effort to change the news cycle or the narrative?”

“I have a suspicion, which I’ll give you in a second,” Wallace said, and then described how in two separate incidents in 2018 and early 2019, the White House suggested that ICE put detained migrants on buses and “dump them on the streets” of sanctuary cities and states.

“Twice ICE said ‘you can’t do it,'” Wallace went on. “‘One, we don’t have funding to do it; two, we don’t have the buses to do it; three, there’s liability. What if there’s an accident, what if somebody gets sick or hurt?’ All kinds of reasons why they couldn’t do it.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/tru...-will-welcome/
    And the Trumpians react in predictable fashion.

Fox News fans freak out after Shep Smith and Chris Wallace come down hard on Trump’s latest immigration boondoggle

Fans of Fox News were not pleased with anchors Shep Smith and Chris Wallace after they lectured President Donald Trump over his illegal plan to ship immigrants to sanctuary cities.

On Friday afternoon, the two Fox News personalities came down hard on Trump by telling him to start obeying the law — which seemed to make viewers upset.

According to one disappointed viewer, “Shep lies every day!”

A sampling of unhappy veiwers comments can be seen below:

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/fox...on-boondoggle/
    If Trump does follow through, it might lead to his supporters fleeing the sanctuary cites. Which would lead to a lowering of the crime rate. Win-win!

I guess hes not a catholic. lol

And Trump knows nothing about forest fires or Church fires.

Obviously the fire at Notre Dame was cause by the French not raking leaves.

Another one of Trump's 'fine people' Convicted felon armed to the teeth aims assault guns at children, takes them hostage in illegal militant vigilantism inspired by Trump rhetoric .

The FBI arrested the leader of a militia that has been detaining migrant families at the border

The FBI has arrested the leader of a militia group that recently sparked backlash for detaining migrants at the US-Mexico border at gunpoint.
    Larry Mitchell Hopkins, 69, a leader of the United Constitutional Patriots, was arrested on charges of being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition, the FBI said.
    https://www.thisisinsider.com/fbi-ar...-border-2019-4
    The FBI has arrested the leader of a militia group that was recently seen on videos detaining migrant families at the US-Mexico border, the agency announced Saturday.

Larry Mitchell Hopkins, 69, a leader of the United Constitutional Patriots, was arrested on charges of being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition, the FBI tweeted. He also went by the alias Johnny Horton Jr., and will appear in a New Mexico court on Monday.

"This is a dangerous felon who should not have weapons around children and families," New Mexico's attorney general, Hector Balderas, said in a statement. "Today's arrest by the FBI indicates clearly that the rule of law should be in the hands of trained law enforcement officials, not armed vigilantes."

"The vigilante members of the organization … are not police or law enforcement and they have no authority under New Mexico or federal law to detain or arrest migrants in the United States," two ACLU lawyers said in the letter. "The Trump administration's vile racism has emboldened white nationalists and fascists to flagrantly violate the law."

Customs and Border Protection also said in a statement Friday it doesn't endorse or condone private groups taking "matters into their own hands," and that community members who witness or suspect "illegal cross-border activity" can call Border Patrol's tip line.

"Interference by civilians in law enforcement matters could have public safety and legal consequences for all parties involved," the agency
    Larry Hopkins: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
    https://heavy.com/news/2019/04/larry-mitchell-hopkins/
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; Yesterday at 07:21 AM.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516