Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More epark confusion.

Just to put a more positive vibe on the thread we did get to see "The OM Sound" a sharp 3 piece Jazz/rap/trip hop act out of Montreal. They were absolutely mesmerizing. Dare to be different, they take countless risks, but can setup some killer vibes that virtually caught our attention and that of others which is hard to do typically at Churchill Square and particularly on days where just not that many people are there.

This band is trippy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5-yWxEWQNI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvL_cJ2aG44

Keyboard player particularly is amazing.

Really enjoyed their set, we try to keep open to all kinds of music. It was the perfect accompaniment to a very hot day and having the always excellent Curry N Hurry combo plate. A shout out to a food truck right out of the hood, Millwoods.

Shout out to The Works as well putting this quality of act on. Sure there were lots of others but this act stood out on the day. They played here twice, Sunday and Monday.
    Last edited by Replacement; 05-07-2017 at 08:52 AM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I am surprised you did not bring up that "in Sweden they pay $50 an hour to park etc etc.."

Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Well it's all about repeat business for the U of A hospital. It's a perpetual cycle. You come out the hospital after visiting someone. You go get your vehicle, drive to the cashier and when you get the bill you have a coronary. No fail business plan.

Top_Dawg loves this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    I swear the city does its absolute best to be as cryptic as possible about when you have to pay. The machines are garbage, the app is garbage, the entire setup is garbage.
    The App works fine. Load some money. Each time you park, put in the zone. Its not brain surgery. I put in 20 dollars about three years ago and still haven't used up what I loaded - and I haven't had one ticket, unlike the old machines. It might be too technologically challenging for you and replacement, but I am sure most regular folks can figure it out.
    I primarily use paid parking for work. Loading credits onto an app is stupid. Why can't I link a credit card and have it make that purchase, then send me a receipt? It's ridiculous. Instead I have to generate a report. Any forward thinking person would have anticipated this and many other scenarios and designed the system to work with it. Instead we get a janky pile of crap that is mildly useful.

The only thing that works really good is when I enter the meter # in the app, it gets it right. But you know what would be REALLY useful? Rates, effective times, and special event notices (for example, a notice that while I can park there now, it becomes a no-park spot at 6pm due to event). Nope. No information.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

C2E SME

Actually, why do you even have to enter a zone or meter number, anyway? Phone GPS would be more than accurate enough to give the app that info.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    Actually, why do you even have to enter a zone or meter number, anyway? Phone GPS would be more than accurate enough to give the app that info.
    Eh, I'm ok with punching in a number to make sure it gets the right zone. GPS can be off by a few meters which can be difference between the street or ave, or even which side of the street you're on.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Just as further to the thread I started and I will be using this as illustration in opposing this ticket.

Toronto oddly enough having enough sense to provide free parking DT on the Monday, in addition to the actual stat, as recognition that it is peoples weekend and day off and that the benefit of allowing people into the dt free, and affording them free parking, outweighs the parking tariff and ticket coffers.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...anada-day.html

So how hard is this really folks. I got a parking ticket because this city admin lacks the kind of commonsense that I would posit is a minimum requirement in administering a city.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    So how hard is this really folks. I got a parking ticket because this city admin lacks the kind of commonsense that I would posit is a minimum requirement in administering a city.
    No, you got a parking ticket because you didn't pay for parking despite checking a machine & deciding you knew better than what was displayed on the screen. The one lacking common sense is you & I can't believe how hard you're trying to make it seem like you were somehow coerced, misled or otherwise duped when it was a conscious choice by you to not pay for parking.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    No, you got a parking ticket because you didn't pay for parking despite checking a machine & deciding you knew better than what was displayed on the screen. The one lacking common sense is you & I can't believe how hard you're trying to make it seem like you were somehow coerced, misled or otherwise duped when it was a conscious choice by you to not pay for parking.
    That's your interpretation. I stated I have never seen the meter say anything but the one display. A default display.

You've chosen not to consider that.

I rarely go DT now since the rates went up and since theres event parking and 10buck evening parking etc. I'll go less now.

That's your interpretation. I stated I have never seen the meter say anything but the one display. A default display.

No, I considered that & then realized I saw them display a different message on the Stat Holiday (despite wearing sunglasses & having worse vision than you do) on Saturday (aka the Stat Holiday). You thinking the typical message is in place during atypical parking times is your own mistake. You saw the normal message on a (to you) abnormal day & chose to not pay despite the machine indicating you should. You thought you knew better & didn't.

I rarely go DT now since the rates went up and since theres event parking and 10buck evening parking etc. I'll go less now.
    Fantastic. The less you leave the house the less likely you'll rack up yet another infraction where you're totally in the wrong & start up yet another thread explaining how you're somehow exempt from the rules because of various terrible reasons.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

No, I considered that & then realized I saw them display a different message on the Stat Holiday (despite wearing sunglasses & having worse vision than you do) on Saturday (aka the Stat Holiday). You thinking the typical message is in place during atypical parking times is your own mistake. You saw the normal message on a (to you) abnormal day & chose to not pay despite the machine indicating you should. You thought you knew better & didn't.

Fantastic. The less you leave the house the less likely you'll rack up yet another infraction where you're totally in the wrong & start up yet another thread explaining how you're somehow exempt from the rules because of various terrible reasons.

Heh, so if you didn't live DT you might have thought the same thing I did. Exempt from the rules, haha, not during Ivesons tenure I imagine.

I'd rather C2E than work!

I don't blame you, and I hear this a lot lately.There are so many other places to go, other than DT. We seldom bother with it now.

Heh, so if you didn't live DT you might have thought the same thing I did. Exempt from the rules, haha, not during Ivesons tenure I imagine.
    No, because I've know what a statutory holiday is versus a day in lieu since I was a teenager working my first summer job. You've been operating under false assumptions & rather than admit that are trying to move heaven & earth to make what you erroneously believe be the way things are versus admit you goofed up & are responsible for your own choices/actions.

(Also, shut your dirty mouth. I don't live Downtown.)

(Also, shut your dirty mouth. I don't live Downtown.)
    I wasn't trying to imply anything with that, heh, the what is DT goalposts get moved around quite a lot here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12