Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Falcon Towers | 175 m and 145 m | Proposed

Why does everything need to be high-end though? Langham is creating a mid-tier product and using stucco allows them to achieve this. Why is this such a crime?

It's world class stucco.

Quote Originally Posted by Oilers99 View Post
    Why does everything need to be high-end though? Langham is creating a mid-tier product and using stucco allows them to achieve this. Why is this such a crime?
    I think people are having such an emotional reaction because it’s almost amazing and they sort of sold it that way, but it’s closer to a Fox than a One Bloor.

I think it it looks fine.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Are we just guessing the Falcon's will be stucco or has Langham indicated it as such?

If these towers are rentals then maybe stucco maybe not. If they are designed with "high end" living in mind (Jasper House), condo's that'd be a real turn off for sure for anyone wanting to buy in if these towers were stucco indicated from the get go.

Wouldn't EDC let the consumer know that these towers would have a stucco finish?
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Mid- tier is fine, but mid-tier is not "world class" They made that statement on their advertisement, so I would expect world class otherwise, i could perceive that as FALSE advertising; Encore is world class. Also, a less stellar offering should not be the show piece for our skyline. They'll do fine at lower height for emphasis on density. I'm OK with stucco, but I'm not OK with it juxtaposing to our newly formed skyline. It devalues where our synergy is heading. If you are popping up above the rest, I expect you to dress nicely, just like I expect civic counsels to put on their best outfit when they're in the public eye. Why? Presentation!
    Last edited by ctzn-Ed; 11-10-2018 at 03:15 PM.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    Are we just guessing the Falcon's will be stucco or has Langham indicated it as such?

If these towers are rentals then maybe stucco maybe not. If they are designed with "high end" living in mind (Jasper House), condo's that'd be a real turn off for sure for anyone wanting to buy in if these towers were stucco indicated from the get go.

Wouldn't EDC let the consumer know that these towers would have a stucco finish?
    This doesn't make sense. Langham sold Icon I & II as well as Fox I & II, both with stucco at a solid $/sq. foot. They did these towers in varying economic climates. They will do fine and I wouldn't really compare them to a developer like Lamb who didn't actually build Jasper House. I agree that Encore has a nicer exterior, but Langham's formula works I am not sure why so many people here have an issue with it.

I'd rather C2E than work!

This doesn't make sense. Langham sold Icon I & II as well as Fox I & II, both with stucco at a solid $/sq. foot. They did these towers in varying economic climates. They will do fine and I wouldn't really compare them to a developer like Lamb who didn't actually build Jasper House. I agree that Encore has a nicer exterior, but Langham's formula works I am not sure why so many people here have an issue with it.
    No issue per se, it's 100% Langham. It will likely be priced well and get traction selling.
    The only thing about it is that it's pretty close to a copy of some towers elsewhere and you can see this is the cost minimized (Langham'd) version of it. It's missing that architectural jeu ne sais quoi.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

^If the renders that went to Council are anything to go by, the treatment of the balconies on the various floors is unique to Edmonton. And IMO creative.

Granted their formulas worked during the boom, but we are not there any longer. Super nicer towers for the same values have popped or will pop up, so I dont think they will do well this time around. Icon 1&2 were the result of a new emergence in our city after 3+ decades without activity; the Foxes were due to the arena. I wish them luck, but I also hope they rethink their strategy. As I said, I won't even entertain their project. I'll perhaps look at Encore again or wait for Westrich 's next dowtown plan before finalizing any decission. For me, this location is ideal (south tower), but I won't go for stucco, so they just lost 1 serious contender to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by East McCauley View Post
    ^If the renders that went to Council are anything to go by, the treatment of the balconies on the various floors is unique to Edmonton. And IMO creative.
    Could you share why you think the balconies are unique and creative. This design with punched out windows is anything but “world class” or “elegant”. Look at the patio door and windows in the unit - totally out of alignment and with punched out windows instead of floor to ceiling curtain wall - you get what ... 25% of the view to a comparable project with complete glazing in the apartment public areas (living room, dining, kitchen). Look at the renders of the unit ... clearly mediocre design. I would never buy into this project.
    Last edited by EdmTrekker; 11-10-2018 at 05:47 PM.

^See pages 15 to 20 of this document:

http://sirepub.edmonton.ca/sirepub/c...8052954996.PDF

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I never said Jasper House was built. Were we in a boom when the Icon's were being built? Edmonton was about then where we are now when growund was being broken for the Icon's. Its hard to say just in looking at the renders if the balconies are creative. I agree stucco is anything but "World class," which based on that statement, why the word stucco should even be in the conversation at all? Even the thought of stucco is like a Shakespearian play: "Much ado about nothing."
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

^See pages 15 to 20 of this document:

http://sirepub.edmonton.ca/sirepub/c...8052954996.PDF
    It is just a wrap around balcony with articulation that cuts through it. I suspect, however, the glass balconies will be white to obscure some portion of the stucco unless that is just the drawings homoginized form.

Page 10 sections "O&P", look at that claim. While I don't think Icons or Foxes are ugly, but they are hardly showcase trophies, but you would never guess with their position. These guys need a vase dropped on their heads, so they can come back to reality. It won't be ugly, but it might devalue other towers just by its tall presence.
    Last edited by ctzn-Ed; 11-10-2018 at 05:57 PM.

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

These things are ugly. They’re not even an improvement over their previous projects. Definitely disappointed this will be so prominently featured.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Developer aims to build two more downtown condo towers on popular 104th Street
    ---

The company responsible for four condo highrises on downtown's 104th Street is set to build two more.

Langham Developments plans to build a 37-storey tower on the corner of 104th Street and 100th Avenue, with an adjacent 43-storey tower to follow.

Falcon One will offer 296 units, while Falcon Two will contain 356.

City council approved rezoning the empty lot on Wednesday to make room for the towers.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...gham-1.4858978
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo
    If these towers are rentals then maybe stucco maybe not.

They aren't rentals, they're condos.

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    It is just a wrap around balcony with articulation that cuts through it. I suspect, however, the glass balconies will be white to obscure some portion of the stucco unless that is just the drawings homoginized form.

Page 10 sections "O&P", look at that claim. While I don't think Icons or Foxes are ugly, but they are hardly showcase trophies, but you would never guess with their position. These guys need a vase dropped on their heads, so they can come back to reality. It won't be ugly, but it might devalue other towers just by its tall presence.
    I find the articulation of the balconies on all four sides of the towers eye catching and distinct. But then architecture is subjective.

And so far as the developer needing to "come back to reality," after their track record of developing the Icon and Fox towers, Langham may have a better understanding of what sells in the downtown Edmonton condo market than some of the posters on this board.

I'm sure it will sell, and I do like the design and don't mind the punched windows as long as they stay fairly large. I agree that the overall form looks pretty good with the wrap-around balconies and the window-wall reveal.

But white stucco will age poorly and won't look nearly as good as alternatives that wouldn't break the bank, such as panels like Hendrix used or a precast. Upgrading to a darker metal-clad window just one step up from the vinyl they've used would cost maybe $500 per suite and make a huge difference to the look.
    There can only be one.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

[...] Langham may have a better understanding of what sells in the downtown Edmonton condo market than some of the posters on this board.
    We need developers to be striving for more than just "what sells". We need them to be considering the longer term impact these towers, which we're likely going to be stuck with for 50+ years, will have on the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_Lloyd View Post
    [...] Langham may have a better understanding of what sells in the downtown Edmonton condo market than some of the posters on this board.
    We need developers to be striving for more than just "what sells". We need them to be considering the longer term impact these towers, which we're likely going to be stuck with for 50+ years, will have on the city.
    Or we need to allow them to make money so they can continue to develop.

It’s Edmonton. Things are starting to go good now, how can we throw a wrench into it. Scare the developers back out of town. We just are not used to things going good, we miss our gravel lots. Please stop.

Or we need to allow them to make money so they can continue to develop.
    Langham are the only ones these days who seem to need to rely on cheaped out finishes to make money. Pangman, Edgar, and Westrich all seem to make money while building some really lovely buildings. Why should we keep letting Langham get away with building stucco crap?

Default WTF. Looks like 1970s design.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander II View Post
    I'm sure it will sell, and I do like the design and don't mind the punched windows as long as they stay fairly large...
    They don't look very large.
    [IMG] image upload[/IMG]

I am no fan of Westrich but WTF. There is no comparison with the View, they are LIGHT YEARS apart. Falcon windows looks like something from my grandparents era.

[IMG] image upload[/IMG]

How can council approve this unanimously?!? What a massive disappointment.

[IMG] image upload[/IMG]
    Last edited by GeN; 13-10-2018 at 02:04 AM. Reason: typo

^Wasn't the vote regarding zoning? Not the specific design, right?

C2E Long Term Contributor

Rezoning application, but the design was presented in this case.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post

I find the articulation of the balconies on all four sides of the towers eye catching and distinct. But then architecture is subjective.

And so far as the developer needing to "come back to reality," after their track record of developing the Icon and Fox towers, Langham may have a better understanding of what sells in the downtown Edmonton condo market than some of the posters on this board.
    The reference to "reality" was in reference to their over kill description of how their towers will affect the skyline. Surely you must have seen panaramic shots of the skyline at various angles and distances as well, so you have had to witnessed the "commy block" affect- as some have described it - of Icons and Foxes ? These two new towers will be striking contributions to the skyline?

As per the track record, that is hard to say since Icons 1and 2 ushered in the boom; and, Foxes commenced during the arena discussion followed with a second tower during early stages of construction of the rink, so there were quite a bit of incentives and stimulus to accelerate that success. Ill give credit to great timing. Now that economic reality has come back to earth, let us truly observe what they're truly capable off. In a time where finance was confident, people rush to buy with what was offered in the market at that time; when developers have to be creative to win a less confident economy, we will see who goes for what. The developer with nicer product will always win. Encore or this within the same price range? My bet is 9 out of 10 will go for Encore.

Note: For clarification, I'm OK with stucco and punch windows. However, this type of construction should have different zoning law vs towers such as Encore; any stucco should be to a maximum height of 35 floors. Any rezoning procurement to supercede that elevation must demonstrate their design will contribute to the aesthic, vitality, and dynamic of the core. While the height is welcomed for it is an important angle of the core, its less than stellar makeup will not contribute as they think it will

As per the balconies, there is merit to what you said, they applied layer treatments to emphasis the balcony with physical articulates and what appears to be white color to further emphasis the abstract.

C2E Continued Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by GeN View Post
    I'm sure it will sell, and I do like the design and don't mind the punched windows as long as they stay fairly large...
    The don't look very large.
    [IMG] image upload[/IMG]

I am no fan of Westrich but WTF. There is no comparison with the View, they are LIGHT YEARS apart. Falcon windows looks like something from my grandparents era.

[IMG] image upload[/IMG]
    Great comparison. Really disappointing to see so many on this board giving this a free pass.

Massive difference, that curtain wall makes me what to move in there like yesterday! Okay, but I'm also fine with a bit of wall space "if" need be ... though, Langham should seriously consider stretching those windows from floor to ceiling ... and paint the darn interior frames white, those two changes would significantly improve the overall appearance!
    Last edited by TRtower; 12-10-2018 at 05:29 PM.

With what they have, they could have easily turned the long portion of the window to vertical, have it all symmetrically even if the windows have to be different widths in different elevations. The balcony door should be the same width frame as the windows with two options:
    1. Balcony entry door is the same height as the window.
    2. Keep the current door, same widow frame width all around with a narrow window above that flushed to the other windows' top ends. Naturally, they would have to decide how to place the windows evenly between the columns. If they would learn that they could apply smaller width and longer between wall and ceiling and adding more windows to allow symmetry, it would make it more palletizing. Basically the same amount or slight more amount of glazing but just reshaped and proportioned for a greater affect.

I'm sure it will sell, and I do like the design and don't mind the punched windows as long as they stay fairly large. I agree that the overall form looks pretty good with the wrap-around balconies and the window-wall reveal.

But white stucco will age poorly and won't look nearly as good as alternatives that wouldn't break the bank, such as panels like Hendrix used or a precast. Upgrading to a darker metal-clad window just one step up from the vinyl they've used would cost maybe $500 per suite and make a huge difference to the look.
    Exactly.

I, for the most part, appreciate what Langham has been doing downtown but I really REALLY wish they would abandon the heavy (white) stucco facades. Here's the problem: their exteriors look fine in years 1 through, say, 4 or so. But white stucco does not age well. It gets dirty (especially downtown). It stains. Its hard to keep clean. And when its dirty it really starts to show poorly. Sure some stucco is fine to keep costs reasonable, but they use entirely too much. Imo.
    Last edited by JGF; 12-10-2018 at 06:34 PM.

I would recommend going to Langham’s website and using the “Contact” tab to leave comments about the design. I left my comments just a few moments ago:

”I wanted, on one hand, to say congratulations or receiving approval for your Falcon towers.
    However, at the same time, as someone born in this city and an ardent proponent of this city, I have to ask you to reconsider your design for these towers. Your choice for a plethora of punched out small windows instead of a curtain wall system in combination with white stucco represents a “bargain basement” approach to design for this city. Edmonton and it’s citizens, frankly, deserve better.

As a corporate citizen of this city, it would be nice to see you put the beauty, appeal, and TRUE world class architecture ahead of your corporate profits. You will not see developments like this in prominent locations in Calgary, nor in true world class cities like New York or Toronto.

This letter has been cross-posted to Connect2Edmonton.com wth a recommendation for other concerned citizens to express their concern with your design choices for a prominent location in this city.

In closing, I would ask you to be guided b the adage that “anything worth doing, is worth doing well.” Edmonton deserves it, and you do have the ability to to deliver just that.”

Nice!

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by Messiah View Post
    I would recommend going to Langham’s website and using the “Contact” tab to leave comments about the design. I left my comments just a few moments ago:

”I wanted, on one hand, to say congratulations or receiving approval for your Falcon towers.
    However, at the same time, as someone born in this city and an ardent proponent of this city, I have to ask you to reconsider your design for these towers. Your choice for a plethora of punched out small windows instead of a curtain wall system in combination with white stucco represents a “bargain basement” approach to design for this city. Edmonton and it’s citizens, frankly, deserve better.

As a corporate citizen of this city, it would be nice to see you put the beauty, appeal, and TRUE world class architecture ahead of your corporate profits. You will not see developments like this in prominent locations in Calgary, nor in true world class cities like New York or Toronto.

This letter has been cross-posted to Connect2Edmonton.com wth a recommendation for other concerned citizens to express their concern with your design choices for a prominent location in this city.

In closing, I would ask you to be guided b the adage that “anything worth doing, is worth doing well.” Edmonton deserves it, and you do have the ability to to deliver just that.”
    not to be too picky as i’m not enamoured of the conceptual design or what looks to be the proposed implementation but if the building is going to be cast in place concrete with cantilevered balconies, then it can’t be built using curtainwall. window wall from top of slab to underside of slab or from top of slab to underside of soffits/ceilings perhaps, but not curtainwall.

as for what you will or won’t see elsewhere, elsewhere has its fair share of ugly as well - be careful what you ask for.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Exactly. I am amazed its been a year already since we first started talking about these towers. Time flies.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 14-10-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Very good.....

The windows are not small they are quite large sufficient for most people’s needs. It allows for easier decoration hang pictures, location of plug ins and light switches, better insulation for a more comfortable environment and more flexible window coverings. The punched windows give a feeling of living in a more conventional home which is appealing to a lot of people. The fact that punched windows offend your sensibilities is probably the least of the developers concerns.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by Glenco View Post
    The fact that punched windows offend your sensibilities is probably the least of the developers concerns.

I don't think punched windows is necessarily the problem. The problem is that the way they've done them is quite ugly, and I should hope that whether or not the public thinks their building is ugly would be of at least some concern to the developer.

The issue is, for me, if you follow architecture, is that it's a discount One Bloor. There is no originality here, steal an idea trim out the nuance that makes the original architecture work and fit it in the Langham cost / margin mold.

For the average buyer, they probably don't know that and won't care if the layouts are good and the pricing is right.
    I hope this development is successful, just wish it wasn't a cheapened derivative.

While I like your letter, it's unfortunate that you told them you would encourage others on connect2edmonton to write, as I think that may diminish the weight of the letters they receive. They may dismiss them all as coming from a like-minded group of online complainers, as opposed to organic complaints from random citizens. Nevertheless, I too sent a message.

Quote Originally Posted by DanC View Post
    I hope this development is successful, just wish it wasn't a cheapened derivative.
    I actually hope this development is not successful. It would only encourage more of the same from Langham.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    I actually hope this development is not successful. It would only encourage more of the same from Langham.
    I still view it as a net positive, great for 104st south of Jasper.

It's not a terrible looking building and they put some effort into the podium.

Langham gonna Langham!
    Last edited by DanC; 14-10-2018 at 07:28 PM.

it's unfortunate that you told them you would encourage others on connect2edmonton to write
    LOL, they'll say "Who?"
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

The windows are not small they are quite large sufficient for most people’s needs. It allows for easier decoration hang pictures, location of plug ins and light switches, better insulation for a more comfortable environment and more flexible window coverings. The punched windows give a feeling of living in a more conventional home which is appealing to a lot of people. The fact that punched windows offend your sensibilities is probably the least of the developers concerns.
    Not sure you quite took that the way it was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    The fact that punched windows offend your sensibilities is probably the least of the developers concerns.
    I don't think punched windows is necessarily the problem. The problem is that the way they've done them is quite ugly, and I should hope that whether or not the public thinks their building is ugly would be of at least some concern to the developer.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    it's unfortunate that you told them you would encourage others on connect2edmonton to write
    Good point.

LOL, they'll say "Who?"
    LOL.

Very Good...

I really have no issue with stucco/punched windows it self, but there is some things that I would prefer Langham do with these towers. First my main problem with the Icons and Foxes exteriors is the single color stucco, sure there's the strip of window wall. But overall if you're looking at the towers from an angle they look like one big block. I would prefer some color variation besides the small difference in color on the pent houses of the Foxes. Second like Glenco said the interior is alright, my only problem would be that I would rather have all the windows be the same size. That small window on the north wall just looks out of place, and would drive my OCD crazy...
    Last edited by Kreation; 15-10-2018 at 02:04 AM.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with punch windows. it is only wrong when it is not well executed. Look at St. Lutheran Church site. It is a rental with punch windows, but how they chose to arrange their windows is 110% correct and on point. Everything is placed for symmetry and cohesiveness. St. Lutheran choice of applications look much more fluiď. As per stucco, hide it or apply illusion factors to minimize it's appearance is my suggestion. They could do so with frosted glass for blaconies; and, break up the stucco with adding mullion treatments in the same pattern as the glazings .
    Last edited by ctzn-Ed; 15-10-2018 at 06:43 AM.

It's not a terrible looking building and they put some effort into the podium.

Langham gonna Langham!
    "Good enough for Edmonton"

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Langham sites - 10019-104st/10318A-100Ave:

Key Design Features:

- 2 slim, non-identical towers with ~650 units
    - Heights in the 30s and 40s respectively
    - A focus on the continuation of the 4th street promenade/experience
    Looks like only the second point is still accurate.

I’m one of those people that prefers windows to glass walls. I think I’ll wait for the south tower but I may buy. Need some fixing up at the acreage before I sell and still working on improvements to the house in town. I’m not getting any younger. Someone should build a tower with baby boomers in mind with doctors and other services in house. There are a lot selling or will be selling their houses including me.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 15-10-2018 at 12:56 PM.

^That's good feedback to the developers Downtown. There was and has been a lot of discussion about how our housing stock in Canada is not ready for our aging populations, and just warehousing people isn't the solution either. There is a potential opportunity here for the right product and amenity offerings. We also need more health care options for seniors in walkable locations, or more home care.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    I’m one of those people that prefers windows to glass walls. I think I’ll wait for the south tower but I may buy. Need some fixing up at the acreage before I sell and still working on improvements to the house in town. I’m not getting any younger. Someone should build a tower with baby boomers in mind with doctors and other services in house. There are a lot selling or will be selling their houses including me.
    If some developers would take notes...Here is a request of needs, so what other avenues can they incorporate with this to make something like that feasible?

I think that makes a lot of sense Drumbones. You might want to make the suggestion direct to Langham.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    I don't think there's a doctor on site, but Village at Westmount might do the trick for you when its complete. Here's the C2E thread about the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Village at Westmout webpage
    The Village at Westmount will feature a beautiful dining room and English Pub, movie room, exercise room, crafts room, and guest suites.

All units will have full kitchens with movable islands, balconies with gas outlet for BBQ's, in suite laundry, and will be designed with wider doors and hallways, bathrooms, and air conditioning to permit aging in place.

A Phase I total of 79 luxury rental and life lease apartments will be built in two phases of 14 stories of steel and concrete construction.
    I'm not sure about the validity of the life lease option, but you can go straight rental too.
    Last edited by Ustauk; 16-10-2018 at 09:42 AM.

C2E Continued Contributor

That’s a pretty good idea. That could end up being an alternative option for office space conversion as well.

Maybe I’ll email Aimco and provide the suggestion.

I mean let's not get one of these getting built in Edmonton again:

Yup, for this location! In this case, the second tower will be incredibly visible from east, south, and some west elevations. Furthermore, it'll block the view of nicer towers and some on the way from some points. I wish this design was in a denser area where it is primarily surrounded. It's just a shame that a prime piece of real estate, they strive for this level of aesthetics. It is such a great location to showcase who you are and your capability as a developer. I rather they take their time and offer something nice.
    Last edited by ctzn-Ed; 16-10-2018 at 05:11 PM.

Stucco is easily paintable. They should allow people to paint their exterior wall on their balcony any colour they want. Pink, green, purple, lime and yellow. Wouldn’t that brighten things up? Buildings would look as good as a Spanish painting. All kinds of different bright colours.

Punched windows don’t bother me, but could Langham maybe try something different and use a different stucco colour, and a lighter glass colour?

Their last two towers have that same white stucco/navy glass combination that just looks stark and uninviting.

For example, there’s a handful of innocuous punched window towers in Yaletown, that while they aren’t great they use colours that complement each other better.

The finished product of this is gonna look like Fox but with long balconies that are only slightly better at nullifying the white stucco.

Langham received the upzoning they seeked. That's a win for them and has made this parcel much more valuable. Now it's time for the EDC to lay down the hammer when reviewing the design of this project. I fear more ugly white Langham boxes will litter our skyline. Of all the towers they have created, these are the most important ones by far since they are significantly taller. I'm not as concerned about the podium because this is a lesser frequented part of 104 Street, but these tall towers will protrude above all else and become significant pieces of our skyline. The community should put pressure on Langham NOW while they are in the early stages of designing their floor plans based on this footprint. I'm not implying that the entire structure needs to be glazing. Some punched windows are okay if done properly. But I worry we'll see more bland architecture from them.

Langham has been a good sturdy developer in this city who has brought lots of life to downtown. I applaud that. But far too many times they have gotten away with value architecture in prominent locations. They easily have the highest margins among all of the downtown resi developers for this reason IMO. They've made a lot of money off of the people of Edmonton. I'm not saying it's "time to give back", because this is a business decision, but stepping up their game for the betterment of the appearance of the city would be nice. If they want to claim to be delivering "world class" product, let's hold them to that level. This design is nowhere near that level.

Now other than contacting them directly, how else can someone like myself influence the design of this project?

I find it funny that some people say that they are okay with developers building more accessible buildings for those that can not afford the luxury buildings downtown to be able to live downtown. Then get upset and rant about the same developers building said towers that can be seen, but its perfectly fine for them to be built in the shadows... You don't have to like it or buy it, just don't be spending all of your time on here complaining if your not building the tower of your dreams to block all views of these two towers...

Never mind those complaining about the BMO site tower being not up to their par just be cause they don't like Regency or the designer, almost like no matter what was purposed they would not approve of it...

Many have stated "stucco" is not an issue; they only have issues with poor applications to a project. Look at the window arrangements for "Symphony " vs Langhams trademark... which project has a higher quality of delivery on the stucco portion? Projects for lower income median does not mean people should have to settled for sloppy Joe either. People are disjointed with their lack of effort or lack of vission on simple remedies that could make their towers more attractive while using stucco.

If you look at the Symphony thread people are calling it Fox 3... And that its a good one side tower. But I do not see that much of a difference here, even compared to the Fox's as I look at them every time I'm home.

Sorry to hijack your photo B.ike.
    Last edited by Kreation; Today at 02:10 AM.

They're referring to method of applications which is glass and stucco. Going forward, developers need to apply honesty...don't advertise luxury and do the bait and switch BS. Don't refer the term "word class" and perceive me or anyone else as a fool as there is nothing worldly about Falcon's design, creativeness , or illustration of applications. The two pictures you uploaded, look carefully at Falcon's window placement. It has no symmetry or balance; then, look at Symphony where everything just mirror each other. Langham's developer have a very weak vission for theirproduct. You would think they would strive to better themselves with creativenessas as they grow, but they chose to remain in first gear. This will be their down fault as the economic free ride is over. I honestly see Westrich and Edgar taking over this city's market; if Regency don't get their act together, they will fall as well.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456