Thread: Sportsnet Greg Zahn fired

I'd rather C2E than work!

Default Sportsnet Greg Zahn fired

Sportsnet fired former MLB catcher Gregg Zaun as a Toronto Blue Jays analyst for directing "inappropriate behavior and comments" at female coworkers, the Canadian Press reported (via the CBC).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2746993-gregg-zaun-fired-by-sportsnet-for-inappropriate-behavior-and-comments?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&ut m_campaign=editorial
    Go ahead, speed pass me... I'll meet you at the next red light.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry N View Post
    [FONT="]Sportsnet fired former [/FONT]MLB[FONT="] catcher [/FONT]Gregg Zaun[FONT="] as a Toronto Blue Jays analyst for directing "[/FONT][FONT="]inappropriate behavior and comments" at female coworkers, the Canadian Press reported (via the CBC).[/FONT]

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2746993-gregg-zaun-fired-by-sportsnet-for-inappropriate-behavior-and-comments?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&ut m_campaign=editorial
    This was referenced in another thread.

Heres the first thing I find interesting. EVERY citation and headline is quoting "inappropriate behavior and comments" but most of the articles only reference (obscurely) some comments and without even a detail.

So what behaviors then? Or is this just trumped up to make is seem worse by using duplicity in terms.

The most curious thing is how often these things are outed in mass. To wit;

"This week, we received complaints from multiple female employees at Sportsnet"

Wait, hold the phone. How is it that all the complaints all came in, in one week? Isn't that indicative of employees sharing notes, testimony, being complicit and then agreeing to all come forward at the same time?

Is talking about employees with other employees not also "inappropriate behavior" in the workplace?

I would not raise this if the comments had been streaming in over a period of time. That would reflect an ongoing nature of his comments and the real time response to the same and more appropriate given the concerns were duly passed on to management, again in real time. The issue is theres obviously collusion here.

Unless this guy went right off the rails the weeks prior theres some fishy coincidence of reporting here. Which suggests a joint process was engaged in.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

There's nothing suspicious about several complaints coming in "this week", considering that "this week" is a week that women would feel more optimistic about the chances that their complaints would be taken seriously than in previous weeks.

That said, it does appear that pendulum has quickly swung too far in terms of the response to lesser allegations. Reports should be taken seriously, of course, but immediate termination of long term employees without prior complaints seems excessive when the alleged incident is "inappropriate behaviour". Is that an off-colour joke? A pass? A bum grab? Being too huggy?

Or maybe there were prior complaints and more serious incidents and we just haven't been told.
    There can only be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander II View Post
    There's nothing suspicious about several complaints coming in "this week", considering that "this week" is a week that women would feel more optimistic about the chances that their complaints would be taken seriously than in previous weeks.

That said, it does appear that pendulum has quickly swung too far in terms of the response to lesser allegations. Reports should be taken seriously, of course, but immediate termination of long term employees without prior complaints seems excessive when the alleged incident is "inappropriate behaviour". Is that an off-colour joke? A pass? A bum grab? Being too huggy?

Or maybe there were prior complaints and more serious incidents and we just haven't been told.
    Why is this week different than other weeks? Am I missing something?

Cosby was the first icon dismantled several years ago. Weinstein was almost 2 months ago.

Women have been able to report, and have confidence that their reports will get traction for sometime.

Indeed so much traction that the first inkling of male impropriety is often summarily dealt with. As in the common; "Our organization does in no way condone such action and the alleged is fired" and doing so as quickly as possible so as to dissociate from the former employee.
    Last edited by Replacement; 01-12-2017 at 09:51 AM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Looks like ol' Seal wasn't quite done tossing the salad.

http://edmontonsun.com/entertainment...a-1a5187f853f8

Regardless of the incident Seal raises an interesting point regarding the Hollywood charades. Weinstein until recently was a mogul virtually everybody was prepared to work with, befriend, have photo-ops with, appear to be friendly with etc. Tons of people have confessed to knowingly being aware of abuse and looking the other way. So why is Oprah (just an example as per the photos) interacting with him, looking at him like he's some kind of great person? Isn't it understood that its that kind of tacit acceptance of an individual that anybody would know is at least aggressive, and a bully, that sustains those actions and reinforced his presence and acceptance in Hollywood?

But once the person is outed the stance towards the toxic individual, who was always toxic, nothing changed, is 100% changed. So that we won't see Oprah preening to Weinstein anymore. But I wonder how many others she should still court with as its the big ***** that allow all this to go on and that long ago accepted it, just accepted it. Oprah included in that. That Seal makes this stance will seal his fate in the entertainment industry even more than any sexual assault accusations. he too would now be toxic for his questioning. Whether or not his questions have any validity.

Hollywood is ALL about ***-kissing, sucking up, using people to get what you want. People HATE other people, yet kiss their asses when needed just to further themselves and their careers. That's the Hollywood system. I have friends in LA who hate the system, yet they play in the system in order to survive. Just two days before the whole Spacey thing came to public I was at a party here and his name came up. I told some people the stories I heard from friends in LA, and everyone was shocked. They were more shocked 2 days later when Spacey was plastered all over the news.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Xackly Gord.

It's always been that way.

That's what's so disconcerting about this whole Me Too movement.

You mean to tell Top_Dawg that all those movie stars went in with their eyes closed.

And now, after many of them have established careers and made hundreds of thousands or in some cases millions, they dog pile on the producers and movie house execs as if they have suffered twenny five years of PTSD from sucking skin flutes and bending over.

If they wouldn't have done what they did, most would still be chambermaids in flea bagger motels giving forty dollar gummers for tips.

Or waiting tables in greasy spoons and taverns and getting groped every day by uglier bush pigs than Weinstein.

Everybody has their price.