Thread: Grey Cup 2018 - Bring The Heat

Default Grey Cup 2018 - Bring The Heat

Grey Cup 2018 in Edmonton press conference today at 12:30pm. I'm sure more details will be in the media later today.

- Slogan 'Bring The Heat'
    - Jasper Avenue between 96 Street and 99 Street will host the Grey Cup Festival
    - Zip line is back! Goes from Jasper Avenue to Louise McKinney Park over Grierson Hill.
    - Tube slide
    - Street ski experience
    - 20,000 sq. ft. tent
    - Football field
    - Live entertainment/stage
    - Festival open from 11am-11pm daily

Festival kick-off is on June 1 breakfast at Shaw. Estimated festival attendance is 500,000.
    www.decl.org

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSPACE View Post
    - Slogan 'Bring The Heat'

Still not great.

But better than last time.

' Hot to Huddle ' has since been adopted by the Evolution Wonderlounge boyz for their Caligulean post last call orgies.

The sarcastic rebuttal should be "Bring the team"

The Esks have lost Willis, Bowman, Zylstra, Hunt, Franklin, Ladler etc and the bleeding hasn't stopped.

First time I will not buy tickets for the GC here.

lol that Rhodes is saying the Esks will be in the GC this year.

In the absence of Jones and Hervey this org just keeps getting worse.

How much they charging for GC tickets anyway?
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

I think it will be great. Edmonton does the GC better than anyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Yeah, I guess except football passions in this city are markedly down. Last year there were 3 games where attendance sunk below 30K. For a city with a rapidly increasing population, and that used to have crowds of 40-50K for Esks games its pretty odd how much interest is declining.

While I've enjoyed the GC's here and attending them the 2003 one was fairly excruciating with the home side losing and in the other two we weren't even in the game. I doubt the Esks will be in this game either. Imagine if its Calgary. sigh.

The most ironic thing would be if the BC Lions end up in the GC, not expecting it, just saying..
    Last edited by Replacement; 09-02-2018 at 11:23 AM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    The most ironic thing would be if the BC Lions end up in the GC, not expecting it, just saying..

Yeah that would be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Dawg View Post

Yeah that would be funny.
    It would be worth it just to see Rhodes face go purple and to see him hating Hervey even more. Actually I'd pay to see that at this point.

Or Willis and Bowman holding up a GC to all their contined fans in Edmonton. That would be interesting. 2 of my favorite players there.

So why is this Brock Sunderland guy dismantling our team? Bowman is now a Bomber. Great decision, fool. Such a tough job but he had to do it? Why? How much did he sign for in Winnipeg? Is Brock just throwing his weight around to show he's the boss? A lot of questions.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 09-02-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Salary hit and a youth movement. Bowman got older and more expensive.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Yeah, I guess except football passions in this city are markedly down. Last year there were 3 games where attendance sunk below 30K. For a city with a rapidly increasing population, and that used to have crowds of 40-50K for Esks games its pretty odd how much interest is declining.

While I've enjoyed the GC's here and attending them the 2003 one was fairly excruciating with the home side losing and in the other two we weren't even in the game. I doubt the Esks will be in this game either. Imagine if its Calgary. sigh.

The 2003 Grey Cup Game was not played in Edmonton.

Quote Originally Posted by SP59 View Post

The 2003 Grey Cup Game was not played in Edmonton.
    Sorry, meant 2002.