Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michelle Obama adds Edmonton to her speaking tour

I'd rather C2E than work!

Default Michelle Obama adds Edmonton to her speaking tour

The wife of former American president Barack Obama, whose March 23 speech in Calgary quickly sold out, will now make a presentation in Edmonton earlier the same day, said Andy McCreath, a partner in tinePublic, which is organizing the event.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/michelle-obama-adds-edmonton-speaking-date-in-march
    Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

People spend 200-400 bucks to go see this?

The first question is why?

Next would involve what kind of dough gets made doing two paid presentations in the same day.

"A night of inspiration" taking place in Edmonton at high noon..
    Last edited by Replacement; 05-02-2018 at 09:37 AM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Michelle Obama seemed to have a more forceful personality than her husband but I fail to see why she is doing the talk circuit. No doubt her lectures will be syrup laden in the Oprah Winfrey style. I should imagine there will be a lot of pink hats in the audience. Women (Canadian at that) licking their wounds that there is not a women president in the White House. I don't find her particularly inspirational or entertaining but the people who do will be hanging on to her every word.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

I think you'd like Melania a lot better. More up your alley.

Women aren't licking their wounds because a women president isn't in power... and your assertion that they are is pretty much a clear picture into yourself and your admiration of Trump. Women protested Trump because of all the things he represents, it has little to do with what sex is in power.

But go on, pretend its something different than that.

^......................and Hillary Clinton is someone we should look up too.......................................?

Wow. Who said anything about hillary? Can't you let her go already?

You suffer from a strong case of WHATABOUTISM. Get help, quickly.

What does she talk about? Would I bother to go and see her, no. But if others do I hope they say what she spoke about
    It's the same with Bill Clinton, he has nothing to say, I want to hear..

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post

Next would involve what kind of dough gets made doing two paid presentations in the same day.

Why? Maybe they need the money?

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post

There is nothing quite like a guy telling a women how she should think of someone or something.
    That would be you.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    What does she talk about? Would I bother to go and see her, no. But if others do I hope they say what she spoke about
    It will be an Oprah Winfrey style feel good, eat, rest, look after yourself etc. love in fest. I can get that from meeting some of my friends for the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post

There is nothing quite like a guy telling a women how she should think of someone or something.
    That would be you.
    I was completely unaware of your sex until this post. I'm not telling you what you should or shouldn't think. What does Michelle Obama have to do with Hillary? I mentioned why Women were protesting about Trump, and you whatabout Hillary quicker than Trump jumping on Twitter after watching FoxNews.

do seek help though. You still can be saved.

C2E Continued Contributor

That would be you.
    What does either of your genders have to do with anything in this situation? Nice defense. Are you saying that a man is not allowed to criticize the opinions and statements of a woman?

^Well according to medwards he states he did not know my gender (which by the way is probably a lie on his part) so in the words of Hillary 'what does it matter'.

People pay big bucks to see their favorite singer, musician, comedian, or a ted talk. People pay big bucks to go to a political fund raiser to hear someone lie to you.

Michele Obama is an engaging, interesting and motivating speaker. Certainly someone I would be interested in seeing with my wife.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

That would be you.
    I was completely unaware of your sex until this post. I'm not telling you what you should or shouldn't think. What does Michelle Obama have to do with Hillary? I mentioned why Women were protesting about Trump, and you whatabout Hillary quicker than Trump jumping on Twitter after watching FoxNews.

People are getting tired of 'the women' (and men) jumping on Trump. It's been way over a year and the moan fest is still going on. The Hollywood elite, the rich political wives etc. stirring the pot. Most people are past it. If you haven't caught onto the connection between Hillary and Michelle Obama then your not to observant or lack critical thinking skills. Screaming and jumping onto Trump's every word has stopped working. Passive aggressive digs on your talking circuit have stopped working for ya. Parading faded and jaded half baked Hollywood stars protesting crap is not working any more. Getting delusional presidential runners to read from books at award shows has stopped working for ya. Running around in 'pussy hats' is just stupid. If the perpetual hyper lefties want things to change in 2020 then start mobilizing by getting a decent candidate to run against Trump. Putting their energies elsewhere will be far more productive than what they are doing now.

That would be you.
    Really now Gemini

From your post #3

Michelle Obama seemed to have a more forceful personality than her husband but I fail to see why she is doing the talk circuit. No doubt her lectures will be syrup laden in the Oprah Winfrey style. I should imagine there will be a lot of pink hats in the audience. Women (Canadian at that) licking their wounds that there is not a women president in the White House. I don't find her particularly inspirational or entertaining but the people who do will be hanging on to her every word.
    There is nothing quite like a man you telling a woman anyone how he they should think of someone or something.

That would be you, you hypocrite.

FTFY
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    People pay big bucks to see their favorite singer, musician, comedian, or a ted talk. People pay big bucks to go to a political fund raiser to hear someone lie to you.

Michele Obama is an engaging, interesting and motivating speaker. Certainly someone I would be interested in seeing with my wife.
    What is Obama going to say that you have not already heard or learned over a lifetime?. I mean if she tells people to be nice to each other you should listen as your not to good at that.
    Michelle was the presidents wife not the president. Was she responsible for signing presidential documents or just signing off the household grocery delivery?.
    I guess if you want to spent $400-$800 bucks listening to the back up singers and not the star well that's your business. Keeping 400 bucks in my bank account will be more motivational to me.

Anyway, where is the other member of the tag team noodle. Usually you, medward, noodle run in a pack. I have a feeling that today it might be me.

Nope, Gemini is beyond redemption. A lost cause. A hopeless case. A dinosaur in the 21st Century.

Nope, Gemini is beyond redemption. A lost cause. A hopeless case. A dinosaur in the 21st Century.
    Sure, and here you are, two big girl blouses.

^Well according to medwards he states he did not know my gender (which by the way is probably a lie on his part) so in the words of Hillary 'what does it matter'.
    It's not a lie, I didn't know, dont care, and your gender doesn't have anything to do with the discussion, and neither does Hillary, but since you continue to froth at the mouth about this, you seem to think there's some sort of connection. Please elaborate how Hillary is connected to Michelle Obama on a speaking tour?

I dont see Hillary or Trump being mentioned here:

The wife of former American president Barack Obama, whose March 23 speech in Calgary quickly sold out, will now make a presentation in Edmonton earlier the same day, said Andy McCreath, a partner in tinePublic, which is organizing the event.“She’s one of the most famous and well-respected women in the world. It’s obviously unique to have a former first lady in Edmonton … Her popularity is widespread.”
    Obama will speak in the lower bowl of Rogers Place from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. March 23, following a question-and-answer format with a moderator who hasn’t been named yet, McCreath said.

Tickets go on sale Thursday. Prices in Calgary ranged from $199 to $399. While McCreath won’t say how much tickets will cost in Edmonton, he did say they will be cheaper than they were in Calgary.
    The lower bowl has about 5,000 seats, approximately the same size as the space she filled for what’s billed as “an inspirational evening” at the Calgary Stampede Corral.
    During Barack Obama’s two terms as president from 2009 to 2017, his lawyer wife worked on such issues as fighting childhood obesity, supporting veterans and their families, inspiring young people to seek higher education and helping adolescent girls around the world go to school.
    McCreath doesn’t know what she’ll talk about in Edmonton, whether she has any other engagements in the city or whether she’ll stay overnight.
    He also won’t say how much she’ll be paid, although media reports have stated she charges about US$200,000 for appearances.
    While he thinks it will be the first visit Michelle Obama, 54, will make to Edmonton, it isn’t her only upcoming speaking trip to Canada — she has an event Monday in Montreal and two speeches Feb. 15 in Vancouver.
    McCreath’s Calgary-based company brought Hillary Clinton to Edmonton in 2014 and Oprah Winfrey the year before.
    “We have been doing events in Edmonton for 12 or 13 years now, and Edmonton is always a good market to do stuff. It’s very well received … People are friendly, kind and generous.”

What is Obama going to say that you have not already heard or learned over a lifetime?. I mean if she tells people to be nice to each other you should listen as your not to good at that.
    Michelle was the presidents wife not the president. Was she responsible for signing presidential documents or just signing off the household grocery delivery?.
    I guess if you want to spent $400-$800 bucks listening to the back up singers and not the star well that's your business. Keeping 400 bucks in my bank account will be more motivational to me.

Anyway, where is the other member of the tag team noodle. Usually you, medward, noodle run in a pack. I have a feeling that today it might be me.
    Some of the most sexist remarks said by anybody. You are saying that she has nothing new to say, she is nothing but a housewife destined to "signing off the household grocery delivery", in YOUR words.

She is a graduate of Princeton University and Harvard University and has a law degree.

Have you got anything close to that from Harvard?

You should be ashamed of yourself for the worst post ever.

^I guess you should read it again in regards to Hillary.

Women aren't licking their wounds because a women president isn't in power

They actually held Hillary Clinton consolation rallies and called them "protests".

I dont see Hillary or Trump being mentioned here:

The wife of former American president Barack Obama, whose March 23 speech in Calgary quickly sold out, will now make a presentation in Edmonton earlier the same day, said Andy McCreath, a partner in tinePublic, which is organizing the event.“She’s one of the most famous and well-respected women in the world. It’s obviously unique to have a former first lady in Edmonton … Her popularity is widespread.”
    Obama will speak in the lower bowl of Rogers Place from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. March 23, following a question-and-answer format with a moderator who hasn’t been named yet, McCreath said.

Tickets go on sale Thursday. Prices in Calgary ranged from $199 to $399. While McCreath won’t say how much tickets will cost in Edmonton, he did say they will be cheaper than they were in Calgary.
    The lower bowl has about 5,000 seats, approximately the same size as the space she filled for what’s billed as “an inspirational evening” at the Calgary Stampede Corral.
    During Barack Obama’s two terms as president from 2009 to 2017, his lawyer wife worked on such issues as fighting childhood obesity, supporting veterans and their families, inspiring young people to seek higher education and helping adolescent girls around the world go to school.
    McCreath doesn’t know what she’ll talk about in Edmonton, whether she has any other engagements in the city or whether she’ll stay overnight.
    He also won’t say how much she’ll be paid, although media reports have stated she charges about US$200,000 for appearances.
    While he thinks it will be the first visit Michelle Obama, 54, will make to Edmonton, it isn’t her only upcoming speaking trip to Canada — she has an event Monday in Montreal and two speeches Feb. 15 in Vancouver.
    McCreath’s Calgary-based company brought Hillary Clinton to Edmonton in 2014 and Oprah Winfrey the year before.
    “We have been doing events in Edmonton for 12 or 13 years now, and Edmonton is always a good market to do stuff. It’s very well received … People are friendly, kind and generous.”
    Bolded and underlined by me.

Blinded by the light you must be.

"McCreath’s Calgary-based company brought Hillary Clinton to Edmonton in 2014 and Oprah Winfrey the year before."

Is that what you a getting your knickers all in a knot about? A Calgary based company that brings tours to places... Happens to bring Hillary in 2014, and oprah, and now Obama's wife... Yup... Definitely a connection to hillary there!! good one.

your delusions and paranoia are certainly getting to you.

Some of the most sexist remarks said by anybody. You are saying that she has nothing new to say, she is nothing but a housewife destined to "signing off the household grocery delivery", in YOUR words.

She is a graduate of Princeton University and Harvard University and has a law degree.

Who wears the pants in your family?

But none of the people going to see her care about that. They only know of her and care about her because she is married to ex-president Barack Hussein Obama. She is famous by association.

I think it's silly that people are going to buy tickets to see someone's spouse talk. But they can do what they want with their money.

Wow, you seem like you are stuck in the 50's mentality. The rest of the world, save for a few, have gone much past that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    But none of the people going to see her care about that. They only know of her and care about her because she is married to ex-president Barack Hussein Obama.

I think it's silly that people are going to buy tickets to see someone's spouse talk. But they can do what they want with their money.
    Why did you feel it was necessary to bring up Obama's middle name? I know the answer already, but would like to hear your reasoning behind it. For the record, what's your name?

Why did you feel it was necessary to bring up Obama's middle name?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog-whistle_politics
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Why do you try to find offense with everything I say?

That's his name, is it not?

up next: Gemini complaining about noodle and I posting in the same thread....

oh wait, he/she (doesn't matter) already covered that before noodle posted....

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Why do you try to find offense with everything I say?

That's his name, is it not?
    I don't find anything you say offensive, MrAnonymousPoster. You are correct, it his name. Most people don't use a persons middle name in a normal conversation though, well, my mother used to, when I was getting in trouble. I'm surprised you're not constantly referring to Donald Trump by his name...

Donald J TRUMP?

Wow, you seem like you are stuck in the 50's mentality. The rest of the world, save for a few, have gone much past that.
    No, we are stuck in the present. Why would we want to pay upward to 400 bucks to tell us how life is. We've lived our lives. Deaths, births, marriages, divorces, car accidents, illnesses, booms, busts the list is endless what we have lived through. Sure we are not all presidential stock but does it have to be presidential stock that motivates us. Can it not be a father, mother, grandfather etc. That's what we have family and friends for. Sure go pay big bucks to get a perspective on life from a presidents wife or look on Amazon and buy one of her many books that range from speeches to growing veggies. It's you guys who live in the 50's. Hanging onto every word celebrities say as if it's gospel.
    Last edited by Gemini; 05-02-2018 at 01:02 PM.

"McCreath’s Calgary-based company brought Hillary Clinton to Edmonton in 2014 and Oprah Winfrey the year before."

Is that what you a getting your knickers all in a knot about? A Calgary based company that brings tours to places... Happens to bring Hillary in 2014, and oprah, and now Obama's wife... Yup... Definitely a connection to hillary there!! good one.

I think it is your panties that are bunched. Nothing like the rabid left when they are backed into a corner.

It will be an Oprah Winfrey style feel good, eat, rest, look after yourself etc. love in fest. I can get that from meeting some of my friends for the evening.

Yes, me too. As said in the flu shot thread, I live my life how I want, I need no advice from the wife of an ex president, especially looking at the price!

This board would argue vociferously about the color and shape of water. WTF is that movie about btw?

Still wondering how anybody could justify 400 bucks to hear a first lady talk about something. I wouldn't pay that much (or anything) to see a President speak. Not even JFK.
    Last edited by Replacement; 05-02-2018 at 04:25 PM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

I get it, the event isn't for you. There seems to be a lot of other people interested, however, enough for an event organizer to put up money to have her speak here. I certainly have no care for celebrities myself, and certainly don't hang on to every word they as if its gospel. Not even sure how your stretched to that, but interesting that you have.

^The event would not be put on if there was not money to be made. Don't make it sound like the organizers are doing people a big favor.

I think it is your panties that are bunched. Nothing like the rabid left when they are backed into a corner.
    What corner am I backed into ? Your the one here who's got there back up against a wall because a former first lady is coming to town, that you have no interest in seeing, but yet, you reached out and screamed Hillary, as if that was some sort of boogie man.

If you have no interest in Obama coming to town, then why are you even in this thread? I had no care when Garth Brooks came to town, but I certainly didn't make the stink about that you are.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Don't forget kkkorriz .

Which isn't what she's famous for or have anything to do with her speaking tour. She quite simply on this tour on the basis of being a first lady, thus marrying well, and not due to Harvard qualification. The reality is she's speaking as a first lady. That's who the audience is going to see, for whatever reason people would want to do that.

This is the filthy lucre "lets make some money" tour and nothing else. You can spot that immediately from the ticket prices.

I mean cite one video interview or statement she made that is riveting, engaging, or fascinating and indicative of wanting to see her out of content.
    Last edited by Replacement; 05-02-2018 at 01:29 PM.

oh look, its the drumbones/mrOilers/Gemini tag team! It's the royal rumble all over again!

^Oh so you just want the people who agree that Obama is coming to be on this thread. I get it, kinda like the mutual admiration society. You can all pat each other on the back that your willing to pay $400 to hear her speak. If a person does not agree with that then they should not bother posting. Sounds like a typical lefty.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

People just drink up the koolaid while these speech givers laugh all the way to the bank, making millions of dollars. Hilarious. I wouldn't cross the street to see any one of them for free.

I wouldn't even use your money to see her speak, but I can understand why people would want to hear her speak.

My my my, you sure are good at the stretching, jumping to conclusions, and name calling.

For an event that you don't care for, you sure are expending a lot of energy trying to label people that might.

Wow! Just WOW!

Lefty comments, pink hats, who wears the pants in your family, don't get your panties in a knot, etc.

You really are a charmer. You know where you can shove your sexist comments, or do I have to draw you a picture of your anatomy?

Sexist? No way.

She was the US President’s wife. She wasn’t the one elected. However, her experience may prove interesting and insightful but I doubt I’d pay money to hear her talk even though I liked her. I don’t think I’d pay money to listen to any past or present US president or spouse or child. Anything new or interesting will be all over the news the next day for free. I’m a follower of Warren Buffett and a few others to the point of having read and listened to pretty much anything any of them have ever said. But I wouldn’t pay to attend any talk unless I figured something new and surprising would be said that I couldn’t later get for free. At most I’ll buy a $30-$40 book from or about interesting people.

Also, university grads are a dime a dozen and I don’t see ivy league grads being any more interesting than any other grad from my experience. Moreover, 10-20-30 years after graduation brings what to the presentation?

Yes, high credentials reflect drive and achievement.
    Last edited by KC; 05-02-2018 at 01:40 PM.

KC, read all of Gemini's posts in this thread and you will see a sexism laced rant. It is undeniable. Insipid but undeniable.

Wow! Just WOW!

Lefty comments, pink hats, who wears the pants in your family, don't get your panties in a knot, etc.

You really are a charmer. You know where you can shove your sexist comments, or do I have to draw you a picture of your anatomy?
    Ah, your just smarting because somebody is talking back at ya. You, noodle, medwards are just so used to working as a team you get discombobulated when things get reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

Sexist? No way.

She was the US President’s wife. She wasn’t the one elected. However, her experience may prove interesting and insightful but I doubt I’d pay money to hear her talk even though I liked her. I don’t think I’d pay money to listen to any past or present US president or spouse or child. Anything new or interesting will be all over the news the next day for free. I’m a follower of Warren Buffett and a few others to the point of having read and listened to pretty much anything any of them have ever said. But I wouldn’t pay to attend any talk unless I figured something new and surprising would be said that I couldn’t later get for free. At most I’ll buy a $30-$40 book from or about interesting people.
    This pretty much spells it out for me. But moreso because ideas, content, speeches, etc, are all available in book, print, online, video, etc. So that theres no need to see something in person or dole out a bunch of 100's of bucks to see it.

I guess some claim that their lives are transformed in some way through such things. I don't really get that being that I'm a book rather than experiential learner. I don't need the person up on the stage yapping the ideas. I get Noam Chomsky fine just in print. (albeit he's one of the more interesting orators) Just as an aside audio books is a foreign concept to me. No interest in that medium of book delivery. Could be that some people require the actual person speaking on stage to attend to the ideas expressed. We all learn somewhat differently I guess.

Sexism or just tired of “The First ____” whatever getting fame and attention for their spouse or parent’s job description?

KC, read all of Gemini's posts in this thread and you will see a sexism laced rant. It is undeniable. Insipid but undeniable.
    I hope you and your wife can find the same matching shade of pussy hat when you go to the Obama talk.

Gemini insult of the week " Pussy Hat" It's already pretty well worn out.

Wow! Just WOW!

Ah, your just smarting because somebody is talking back at ya. You, noodle, medwards are just so used to working as a team you get discombobulated when things get reversed.
    Here is another one you just posted on another thread.

*I'd rather read Mr. Oilers contributions than your immature rantings. I'd like to sent you a pink pussy hat with matching satin pink shoes with kitten heels but don't know where to send them.
    Sexist.

^Your funny.

Wow! Just WOW!

Perhaps interestingly this is the worst post in the thread. Child like regression and comparing anatomy.

We've entered kindergarden folks.

^Your funny.
    *you're.

^Oh boy.

No, I get why first lady is doing this speaking tour. I don't get why people would be throwing money at her to hear her talk about something. It would be hilarious if the topic was "I need money to keep us living in the lifestyle in which we're accustomed"

Sounds like a Madonna tour; "just pay me, I'm worth it"

gaaaaahhhhh

^Your funny.
    Your not funny sexist posting style has been reported.

Also your grammar.

No, I get why first lady is doing this speaking tour. I don't get why people would be throwing money at her to hear her talk about something. It would be hilarious if the topic was "I need money to keep us living in the lifestyle in which we're accustomed"

Sounds like a Madonna tour; "just pay me, I'm worth it"

gaaaaahhhhh
    Maybe it’s: I’m running for president next. Good for her no matter the reason.

^Your funny.

Also your grammar.
    Words, and grammar, hurt. Who started this squabble anyway? They always escalate - downhill.

^^People have done worse things than just being out to make a buck. Certainly

But I do look at this type of thing as ostentation. "Look at me, from row 28, I'm worth 400bucks a head." Times 5K (do they find that many here) that's a decent take. Not like there's lots of overhead on speaking tours either.

Heres some of her supposed top quotations

https://yourstory.com/2017/09/michelle-obama-quotes/

Its mostly standard issue puritan work ethic stuff.

It barely gets off the canvas tedium of "work hard, believe in yourself"

But in context this one is funny;

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It's about the difference you make in people's lives."

Oh wait more, laugh a minute these are;

•"No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are beautiful."

yes, that means even you Jeffrey Dahmer you little snowflake.<sarcasm>

Any test for quote wisdom should include some applicability, maybe its just me...

Actually several of these are funny. Is it satire? A stand up routine?
    Last edited by Replacement; 05-02-2018 at 02:30 PM.

Shouldn't this thread be in the "Rants" section? Because that's about all it is.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

^Your funny.

Settle down.

People are allowed to say that here.

Wow! Just WOW!

Perhaps interestingly this is the worst post in the thread. Child like regression and comparing anatomy.

We've entered kindergarden folks.
    Yup, just consider the source...

The only thing that offends me is the high ticket price that they are asking only to hear Michele Obama talk.

This board would argue vociferously about the color and shape of water. WTF is that movie about btw?

Still wondering how anybody could justify 400 bucks to here a first lady talk about something. I wouldn't pay that much (or anything) to see a President speak. Not even JFK.
    She's on you tube, for 0 dollars..

^Your funny.

Also your grammar.
    Now that is funny.
    You go girl.

That would be you.
    Really now Gemini

From your post #3

There is nothing quite like a man you telling a woman anyone how he they should think of someone or something.

FTFY
    Ah your just hyped because some people don't think Michelle Obama is worth the price of the ticket. Sit down, have a drink of water, watch Ellen. It will blow over and you will feel better.

oh look, its the drumbones/mrOilers/Gemini tag team! It's the royal rumble all over again!
    Don't kid yourself that people don't see what you guys do. It's just about a daily occurrence. Even people I know who just read this forum can see it and yet you guys think you are so subtle and sophisticated about it. Three not so smart asses, PRT (Weasel) noodle and you. You should all calm down before you have strokes.

That would be you.
    Really now Gemini

From your post #3

FTFY
    Ah your just hyped because some people don't think Michelle Obama is worth the price of the ticket. Sit down, have a drink of water, watch Ellen. It will blow over and you will feel better.
    LOL, oh my Gem, you make me LOL

Still wondering how anybody could justify 400 bucks to here a first lady talk about something. I wouldn't pay that much (or anything) to see a President speak. Not even JFK.
    She's on you tube, for 0 dollars..
    I wasted 15mins of my life I'm never getting back. Although some of the stuff is unintendedly funny. Michelle thinks she has a lot to say, she really doesn't. I probably don't either but I'm not expecting people to line up and pay 400 bucks because I was married to somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry N View Post
    The wife of former American president Barack Obama, whose March 23 speech in Calgary quickly sold out, will now make a presentation in Edmonton earlier the same day, said Andy McCreath, a partner in tinePublic, which is organizing the event.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/michelle-obama-adds-edmonton-speaking-date-in-march
    While I wouldn’t gain from this, I could see parents taking or sending their kids to hear her speak because that direct presence might change lives where reading and watching anything is just coldly academic. She’s a successful person that many parents might like their own children to emulate. If my daughter were older and I thought this might inspire her to greatness (as long as happiness is the prerequisite) then $400 would be a cheap price to pay.

A quote from the Edmonton Journal article:

That would be you.
    Really now Gemini

From your post #3

FTFY
    Maybe you should hear her speak. Maybe you could learn something that would change your sexist, male chauvinist views. You know, learn human empathy and not being an *******...

#bringourgirlshome

That would be you.
    Really now Gemini

From your post #3

FTFY
    Maybe you should hear her speak. Maybe you could learn something that would change your sexist, male chauvinist views. You know, learn human empathy and not being an *******...
    I’d say that a Gemini is a rare example of someone speaking their mind despite near certain push back and accusations by people trying to tell others what to think. Loaded with irony of course when I think of the niqab discussion.

Is there such a thing as female chauvinist views?

I am confused, originally I thought Gemini was male but last year, she corrected me. Gemini has stated that she is a female but then lashes out with a lot male chauvinist sexist comment as if she was a he, and a childish man-boy at that. I really cannot figure Gemini out, I really can't. She out and out bashes women and men with comments like this
    Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    *I'd rather read Mr. Oilers contributions than your immature rantings. I'd like to sent you a pink pussy hat with matching satin pink shoes with kitten heels but don't know where to send them.
    Gemini sounds like she is conflicted with huge anger issues. Moreover, I think Gemini feels threatened by strong, intelligent and successful women such an Michelle Obama and she can't stand it.

Michelle is one of the most famous and well-respected women in the world and are willing to shell out cash to see her and listen to what she says.

I feel sorry for Gemini, I hope she can work out her personal issues without attacking others.

^I fear you have an over active imagination and to much spare time on your hands.

I am confused, originally I thought Gemini was male but last year, she corrected me. Gemini has stated that she is a female but then lashes out with a lot male chauvinist sexist comment as if she was a he, and a childish man-boy at that. I really cannot figure Gemini out, I really can't. She out and out bashes women and men with comments like this
    Gemini sounds like she is conflicted with huge anger issues. Moreover, I think Gemini feels threatened by strong, intelligent and successful women such an Michelle Obama and she can't stand it.

Michelle is one of the most famous and well-respected women in the world and are willing to shell out cash to see her and listen to what she says.

I feel sorry for Gemini, I hope she can work out her personal issues without attacking others.
    "One of the most well respected women in the world" You gotta be kidding. Some Hyperbole there.

In her own mind she's one of the most important women. It stops there.

Ionic post btw. Lately you do nothing but attack others here nonstop. Your exchanges in this thread SHOULD be embarrassing to you. I suspect not.

I heard the tickets start at $99.00 which , if you wanted to go, is way better than throwing away $400.00👍

I heard the tickets start at $99.00 which , if you wanted to go, is way better than throwing away $400.00��
    Calgary prices that had been released were 199-399bucks. That's what was being cited just ftr.

Odd that they would think there would be more people inclined to pay high prices to hear Michelle speak in Calgary. Doesn't seem consistent with the usual political stripes in Calgary. Although they have a bit more of a hard on for all things American.

Why I’m Not A Feminist: a takedown of the 'narcissism' of modern feminism - Hack - triple j

“...
    Do you think we’re measuring success in the wrong way then, or in too narrow a way?

Feminism has taken on too many of the patriarchal values of selfishness, competition, money, power. When we talk about how feminism is working we look at how much money do they have, how many higher degrees do they have, how many women are working in high levels of corporate culture. These are the markers of patriarchal success, they shouldn’t be our markers of feminist success.

What should it be then?

I think it should be how are things going for women? How is our society working for women? Issues that are very important to us like income inequality, social welfare systems, reproductive and other health care. These are the things that are important to women, and to men.

You criticise online outrage culture where someone says something offensive or stupid and there’s a big pile on and maybe someone gets fired. What do you see as the problem with that kind of culture?

It feels good, but it doesn’t accomplish anything. I don’t think this is a good mindset where you have to be perfect all the time - where you always have to use the right language, where you’re not allowed to slip up or make a mistake. A lot of times people are losing their jobs over outrage culture... and I think this is a weird place for us to be in where we’re going after people’s ability to make a living just because somebody tells a bad joke or uses the wrong language. It’s very unforgiving.

There was a famous case in Australia a couple of years ago where ...”

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/progra...minism/8333290

Michelle thinks she has a lot to say, she really doesn't. I probably don't either
    But that never stops you.
    I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Well 10,000 people at Michelle Obama's sold out talk in Montreal who paid from $60 to $520 a ticket were certainly wanted to listen to her positive message.

I guess that 10,000 people are outstanding proof that they disagree with the haters and doubters.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/dont...ls-montrealers

Well 10,000 people at Michelle Obama's sold out talk in Montreal who paid from $60 to $520 a ticket were certainly wanted to listen to her positive message.

I guess that 10,000 people are outstanding proof that they disagree with the haters and doubters.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/dont...ls-montrealers
    Can I rent the video?

As for 10,000. Yes impressive. Will it silence the “haters and doubters”? Did the attendance at Trump rally’s do that? Were the numbers of his ‘positively minded’ admirers “outstanding proof” that everyone would have found them beneficial? What about the attendance at white supremacist rallies last summer? The attendance numbers are just “proof” that some small percent of the population wanted to attend for whatever reason, good or bad, whether it’s to hear a famous person, rally for Nazi or racist beliefs or whatever.

10,000 attended this too:

Thousands Attend Missions Fest Vancouver; Apologist Tells of Devastating Effect of Atheist Richard Dawkins’ Book - ChristianWeek

https://www.christianweek.org/thousa...-dawkins-book/
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...campaign,_2016

Additionally, the use of “haters and doubters” is fascinating. Today such wording has connotlike climate deniers, etc. A sign of as they now say “polarized” thinking. (Used to be called “nutty” thinking.)

I probably won’t go to the next Comicon so does that put me into the “haters and doubters” class? The faithful won’t associate with me due to what they would call, my unimaginative and so, hateful and discriminatory belief system...
    Last edited by KC; 06-02-2018 at 07:25 AM.

I heard the tickets start at $99.00 which , if you wanted to go, is way better than throwing away $400.00��
    Calgary prices that had been released were 199-399bucks. That's what was being cited just ftr.

Odd that they would think there would be more people inclined to pay high prices to hear Michelle speak in Calgary. Doesn't seem consistent with the usual political stripes in Calgary. Although they have a bit more of a hard on for all things American.
    Maybe they are just upping the price based on the success or ticket receipts at the prior events. Capitalism, supply and demand and all that.

Michelle thinks she has a lot to say, she really doesn't. I probably don't either but I'm not expecting people to line up and pay 400 bucks because I was married to somebody.
    You prove that daily. 😁

Top_Dawg takes a day off to recover from Superbowl and look at the ***** show that breaks out.

Keeping 400 bucks in my bank account will be more motivational to me.

Good one Gems.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryman4000 View Post
    #bringourgirlshome

She should've asked her husband (who was President at the time) to help her with that.

One can learn about empathy all they want, but the truth is that facts don't care about people's feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

Maybe they are just upping the price based on the success or ticket receipts at the prior events. Capitalism, supply and demand and all that.
    I don't discount that. I've called this a money grab tour all along. Even compared it to the Sex Pistols "Filthy Lucre" tour in which Johnny Rotten was more honest saying he just wanted some more money.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
    Michelle thinks she has a lot to say, she really doesn't. I probably don't either but I'm not expecting people to line up and pay 400 bucks because I was married to somebody.
    You prove that daily. ��
    Judging from our collective body of work here don't most of us..

Pretty much anything written/read here is time lost.

Oh my, six times you have mentioned my name in this one post. I think you're besotted. I sure hope when you are in bed at night and doing the horizontal dance with your Mrs/Mr you are not calling out my name. That could be embarrassing. If so you will have some s'plaining to do. Maybe you will be taking your sorry azz to see Mrs. Obama on your own if that happens.
    Last edited by Gemini; 06-02-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast