Thread: EIA Ranking 67/141 by AirHelp

I'd rather C2E than work!

Default EIA Ranking 67/141 by AirHelp

"...the best airport in the country is Ottawa MacDonald-Cartier International Airport (YOW), which ranked 53rd in the world, according to AirHelp’s 2018 ranking of 141 global airports.

Edmonton International Airport came in at 67th, Vancouver International Airport (YVR) was listed at 77th, and Montreal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (YUL) ranked 92nd.

Toronto Pearson International Airport’s (YYZ) ranking was dead last in the country – coming after Quebec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB) – and one of the worst in the world."

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/airhe...rports-ranking

https://www.airhelp.com/en/airhelp-s...rport-ranking/

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

YYC was 104...

EIA got slaughtered in the passenger sentiment section at a 5.2, while scoring quite well in the other 2...

I'd like to know how this was calculated...
    Tired of being taken advantage of .

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    YYC was 104...

EIA got slaughtered in the passenger sentiment section at a 5.2, while scoring quite well in the other 2...

I'd like to know how this was calculated...
    How did we get slaughtered? I see many similar scores in that category.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Interesting results although the Airhelp survey is limited to on time performance and claims processing (Air Help is a service that collects compensation for passengers inconvenienced by airline delays). Interestingly, Pearson was ranked the best large (40+m passengers) airport in North America for the first time in the Air Service Quality survey which considers a much wider range of factors:

Daily Hive

Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

I am always skeptical of studies like this, whether they rank airports or cities or colleges or whatever: they always have an agenda and a point of view of their own, and it is never stated.

I went through the EIA a couple of days ago on my way back from BC. It felt livelier than the last few times -- livelier than YYC! -- and about as efficient as always. A huge international airport it is certainly not, yet.

What does the ranking mean that any given traveller's experience on any given day doesn't?