Thread: @81

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Default @81

Fencing around the current building, looks like work is going to start. Great project.

https://beljandevelopment.com/projects/81/

C2E Long Term Contributor

...there is a thread on this.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Maybe, IF you wanted to be helpful, you could include the name of the existing thread and/or a link ?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Maybe, IF you wanted to be helpful, you could include the name of the existing thread and/or a link ?
    your talking about a person who if a building is in his shot it gets put in 60 diffrent threads you think he would actualy help the OP out but nah **** that right ian

Agreed. I initially started looking, but I guess I should have looked longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magnus View Post
    your talking about a person who if a building is in his shot it gets put in 60 diffrent threads you think he would actualy help the OP out but nah **** that right ian
    LOL

C2E Hard Core Contributor

I don't care for the steps up to each retail, don't see a ramp either.

Sometimes I do, but didn't have time to search... so sorry, cannot do everything around here.
    www.decl.org

Sometimes I do, but didn't have time to search... so sorry, cannot do everything around here.
    yet you have time to post the same photo in 60 threads ok then.......

Why is it Ian's job to do other people's research? Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Whattagame View Post
    why is it his job to post the same photo in 60 different threads? also i tryed looking for this so called thread and found nothing so unless there is an actual thread i say shut it

Yes, nice looking project!

why is it his job to post the same photo in 60 different threads? also i tryed looking for this so called thread and found nothing so unless there is an actual thread i say shut it

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Anyway, I don't think there actually is a thread on this project, although I could be wrong, but probably not given that no one has yet to cough up a link to one. It was previously discussed only as part of the general Whyte Ave retail thread, starting here.

So... thanks for starting a new thread, OP!
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Quote Originally Posted by TRtower View Post
    Yes, nice looking project!
    Looking forward to this. I live in Scona Gardens, so the more we have in the immediate area, the better. #density. Hopefully Station on Whyte can lease out its remaining CRUs before long.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
    Anyway, I don't think there actually is a thread on this project, although I could be wrong, but probably not given that no one has yet to cough up a link to one. It was previously discussed only as part of the general Whyte Ave retail thread, starting here.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesL View Post

so ian lied about there being a thread with a fracking post that he made and just forgot about jebus ian is there anything else you can frack up?

I could be wrong, but thought there was a dedicated thread on this... but perhaps it was mixed into another, if so, my apologies. I recall many of us posting multiple times about this project and assumed it had its own.
    www.decl.org

This project was mentioned in the Strathcona/Whyte Ave thread. It’s on the Business & Economy forum.

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatestX View Post
    We are adding floors to an existing single storey commercial building. The existing building is raised above the ground which is why you see the stairs. Barrier-free access will be from the back where there is a handicap parking stall.
    Last edited by ChrisD; 06-01-2019 at 09:41 PM.

I actually like the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    We are adding floors to an existing single storey commercial building. The existing building is raised above the ground which is why you see the stairs. Barrier-free access will be from the back where there is a handicap parking stall.
    Ah yes, handicapped people in the back. It's not like they use transit or sidewalks or anything.

When did it become his job to tell others theres a thread on this? Why are you feeling you need to come in and defend him? If IanO knew there was a thread on this, just post a link, or just shut up. You too. FFS

Please retire from this site.
    www.decl.org

Happy New Years IanO... All the best. And, certainly, after you leave, I'll still be around. Your quoted post - is that a post from you as IanO the person, or IanO the DBA rep? Which hat are you currently wearing so that I may respond outside of this site appropriately. What a welcoming person you are, and a great ambassador to our city. I'll be glad to share this.
    Last edited by Medwards; 07-01-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Happy New Years IanO... All the best. And, certainly, after you leave, I'll still be around. Your quoted post - is that a post from you as IanO the person, or IanO the DBA rep? Which hat are you currently wearing so that I may respond outside of this site appropriately. What a welcoming person you are, and a great ambassador to our city. I'll be glad to share this.
    +1

All of my posts are IanO unless otherwise noted.

It would be great to have a more constructive Medwards.
    www.decl.org

I've blocked him and Dark Magnus so I'm not sure what they said, but I'm assuming it was pretty useless. I would suggest you try blocking them as well...your life will improve. Remember, don't feed the trolls.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Ah yes, handicapped people in the back. It's not like they use transit or sidewalks or anything.
    Sorry, but where on the premise would you like the handicap stall to be? Were they supposed to demolish a portion of the building to put in the stall?
    What part about using the existing building and modifying, which is why there are stairs and a ramp, can you not readily understand?

All of my posts are IanO unless otherwise noted.

It would be great to have a more constructive Medwards.
    Irony much? I called your post out so it would be more constructive. It turns out, there was no other thread. So maybe, you should heed your own advice here? I assume you've apologized to Prairie Boy in PM already? I don't see it on the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoForMayor View Post
    I've blocked him and Dark Magnus so I'm not sure what they said, but I'm assuming it was pretty useless. I would suggest you try blocking them as well...your life will improve. Remember, don't feed the trolls.
    I'm sure you wont see this, but your passive aggressive name calling "Trolls" is not conducive to the action you are trying to dissuade.

oh no a block im so affected i must put this in my journal

When did it become his job to tell others theres a thread on this? Why are you feeling you need to come in and defend him? If IanO knew there was a thread on this, just post a link, or just shut up. You too. FFS
    Settle. I've noticed a number of posters with militant attitudes towards ensuring that every mention of a project goes in the thread for said project. It's hardly unique to Ian, but due to the childish grudge match on this forum, it becomes an issue. So because I think this is sad, I now have to "shut up" at the behest of forum supreme leader Medwards, yet the non-stop caterwauling about posting a picture in multiple threads continues unabated.

Fantastic.

Cool building though - I actually like that it's raised. It makes it stand out in this area.

The funny/sad thing about this is that there was no other thread.... I now have to 'retire from this site' at the behest of master forum poster IanO, anyways, I digress. Please continue on with your regular contributions.

Supreme leader medwards OUT!
    Last edited by Medwards; 07-01-2019 at 11:02 AM.

The funny/sad thing about this is that there was no other thread.... I now have to 'retire from this site' at the behest of master forum poster IanO, anyways, I digress. Please continue on with your regular contributions.

LOL

...and an apology was given for the mistake. But I guess infallibility is the only acceptable outcome for the supreme leader. In all honesty, I like that you've taken to the title. I'll shut up now.

Ian, I would have approached it more like "I think there may be an existing thread about this."

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

for clarity, is the referenced "him" Medwards or IanO?
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Good god guys, would you all collectively grow the F up. Looks like this will be a great development! If you want to continuously bash IanO I suggest you make a dedicated thread for that and leave the others clean, some of us check in to C2E to see the status of new developments, not your jr. high level banter.

Thanks!

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

so, just a few posts earlier you weren't too busy to post that you're too busy to do everything around here [Sometimes I do, but didn't have time to search... so sorry, cannot do everything around here.] and yet here you are not too busy to post who you think should be able to post on this site and who shouldn't.

so, how do you spell that again? h... u... b... r... i... s...?

so, just a few posts earlier you weren't too busy to post that you're too busy to do everything around here [Sometimes I do, but didn't have time to search... so sorry, cannot do everything around here.] and yet here you are not too busy to post who you think should be able to post on this site and who shouldn't.

Hey, can you two grab a coffee, a private message session, a room?

Your need to coach and correct Ian all over this site is distracting from the topic at hand, which similar (identical?) to your own current work is what Beljan is doing here.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
    Good god guys, would you all collectively grow the F up. Looks like this will be a great development! If you want to continuously bash IanO I suggest you make a dedicated thread for that and leave the others clean, some of us check in to C2E to see the status of new developments, not your jr. high level banter.

Thanks!
    if the threads aren't clean enough for you, i would suggest that's more likely attributable to someone who has posted more than 10 times per day for the past 12 1/2 years with a post count that is now well in excess of 47,000 and with many of them showing up in multiple places multiple times even before they're subsequently quoted by others.

what you're complaining about is exactly what we're complaining about, just missing the actual cause. and yes, a separate thread for IanO has been suggested on numerous occasions as a good solution but he seems to want to dominate every thread, not just one.

stop complaining you say? it doesn't matter how patient a bear is, if you poke the bear enough times he is going to stop ignoring you and snap back and in this case and on this topic IanO isn't the bear.

Quote Originally Posted by DanC View Post
    Sorry, but where on the premise would you like the handicap stall to be? Were they supposed to demolish a portion of the building to put in the stall?
    What part about using the existing building and modifying, which is why there are stairs and a ramp, can you not readily understand?
    It's not the fact that the stall is in the back, it's the fact that they're renovating the building but cannot find a way to put in access from the front for the handicapped.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Your need to coach and correct Ian all over this site is distracting from the topic at hand, which similar (identical?) to your own current work is what Beljan is doing here.
    for the record, the coffees, the private message sessions, the personal emails, the invitations and the bear's personal hosting at various events haven't resulted in the bear's being poked any less. if you think the bear is the underlying problem, perhaps the bear should take the advice given to Medwards.

as for distracting from the topic at hand, it was IanO that distracted from the topic of this thread in his passive aggressive - and apparently erroneous - post number 2 in this thread.

It's not the fact that the stall is in the back, it's the fact that they're renovating the building but cannot find a way to put in access from the front for the handicapped.
    They've put a ramp close to the parking, If the ramp is in the front it's far from the parking.
    And by the rear there is only one side that has stair access, the ramp is likely right off that.
    You are off base on this.
    Last edited by DanC; 07-01-2019 at 12:41 PM.

for the record, the coffees, the private message sessions, the personal emails, the invitations and the bear's personal hosting at various events haven't resulted in the bear's being poked any less. if you think the bear is the underlying problem, perhaps the bear should take the advice given to Medwards.

as for distracting from the topic at hand, it was IanO that distracted from the topic of this thread in his passive aggressive - and apparently erroneous - post number 2 in this thread.
    Do you need someone to tell you are right, to make this stop? You are right!

Anything to say about your contemporary in the industry's addition to Edmonton's built landscape?

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

how can you acknowledge the fact that they're renovating an existing building with an existing sidewalk elevation and an existing main floor level that don't match without also acknowledging that what you're demanding simply might not be structurally possible? do you not think the developer would be doing exactly that if it was physically and financially feasible to do so? if it was possible, both the spaces and the building would be more valuable. this isn't some fly-by-night trying to do things on the cheap - this is one of the city's more reputable developers with a reputation of undertaking difficult projects and executing them well. give your head a shake...

They've put a ramp close to the parking, If the ramp is in the front it's far from the parking.
    And by the rear there is only one side that has stair access, the ramp is likely right off that.
    You are off base on this.
    And what about the people that need a ramp that don't arrive by driving? People with scooters can take ETS, for example. Or perhaps they've parked elsewhere. They're still told "Handicapped people must enter in the back".

C2E SME

So the ramp is for the building? Are there interior accesses to all the businesses from the ramp?
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Has all the commercial space been leased? If so, are you able to let us know by whom? I am really looking forward to this project!