Thread: Itís time for H.L. to go

Default Itís time for H.L. to go

Being unable to find a report button or a link to an admin let me say this.

H.L. Has to go. Not because of their political views but because of their constant attacks, name calling and now Homophobic/trans comments.

It has gone too far for too long and this was never the intended purpose of c2e.

Please do right by everyone on this board.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

C2E Long Term Contributor

I second that
    ďYou have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.Ē - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Links, quotes and post #s please.

I'm not a regular poster on here, however I do read a lot of comments and have seen this users comments. I agree that they are off-side and inappropriate at times and I too would like to see this user banned

Examples of some comments made

Clicked on CBC to see the UCP could be winning, with a good amount of seats. The NDP closed the gap, but would get 30-50 seats..so not a bad opposition, that's where they belong. Especially huffy Hoffman!
    Yo , she called us sewer rats! Did you defend that? Huffy Hoffman is an obese, nasty woman, get over your boring self!
    Last edited by Grandonite; 03-04-2019 at 07:24 AM.

Calling people “sewer rats” is definitely nasty. So H.L. is correct in that characterization.

The nicknames are childish. However, I’ve seen others use derogatory nicknames.

Post #207...
    http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showt...003#post926003
    Last edited by KC; 03-04-2019 at 07:32 AM.

HelloLady aka HL has been a cancer here since they first joined. Comments rarely contain any discussion, just name calling, put downs, and innuendo. There's a lot of people I routinely disagree with on this board, even including Edmonton Daily Photo, but I find there is actual substance coming from those point of view.

I'm all on board with getting rid of this toxic personality who does nothing to further this community, and only spits vitriol.

See ya HL.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Calling people “sewer rats” is definitely nasty. So H.L. is correct in that characterization.

The nicknames are childish. However, I’ve seen others use derogatory nicknames.

Post #207...
    http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showt...003#post926003
    Yes many have flown south on occasion on the great C2E, but HL is constantly flying south of acceptable. Every post is trash name calling with little meat or potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
    .Not because of their political views but because of their constant attacks, name calling and now Homophobic/trans comments.
    What a bunch of weeping bottoms. HL is a powerful nudist bodybuilder. You MUST submit. And "their"? Wot is "their" precious? Wot is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    HelloLady aka HL has been a cancer here since they first joined.

See ya HL.
    "They"? Wot is "they" precious? Wot is it?

Calling someone a cancer is also employing extremist language. It’s also intolerant and anti “multi-cultural”.

I was quite used to phobic language here on c2e (political left, right, etc.), and probably have been long before noticing H.L.’s commentary.

Moreover we’ve seen endless and attacks on some select posters such as IanO that crossed far over the line that anyone of average intelligence would deem mildly acceptable. There’s even been mindless piling-on / ganging up on the silliest of issues.

Bottom line is that political beliefs are as culturally defining as other beliefs like religious and ethnic beliefs. Might as well call the right and left leaning peoples of the earth a race as society does with those if different religions. Out of that expect the same tolerance and intolerance issues that we have with all the other polarizing beliefs. ... and the same childishness.
    Last edited by KC; 03-04-2019 at 08:20 AM.

I'd rather C2E than work!

How about not feeding the troll?

You can put her on ignore. Or don't engage her after she posts something ridiculous.

It's obvious she relishes getting people upset over her juvenile postings.

We should all try not responding to her posts.

Please donít ask a self respecting gay man to simply ignore homophobic speech. This is not the 90s

Quote Originally Posted by Safir View Post
    .Not because of their political views but because of their constant attacks, name calling and now Homophobic/trans comments.
    What a bunch of weeping bottoms. HL is a powerful nudist bodybuilder. You MUST submit. And "their"? Wot is "their" precious? Wot is it?
    Maybe these weepy men, don't like strong women, kinda like JT?
    Most of these posters are on block, because they post by copy and paste non stop. M warned me, a few others that have left warned me, and they all named the same names. Pity really, I feel very sorry for their partners..they like to do what JT does, lecture,lecture as if they, and only they have an opinion. Use block on me, no, they'd rather bully and put down people on the right. The whiner that started this silly thread needs to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by North Guy66 View Post
    How about not feeding the troll?

You can put her on ignore. Or don't engage her after she posts something ridiculous.

It's obvious she relishes getting people upset over her juvenile postings.

We should all try not responding to her posts.
    Works for me. I don't think I've ever read your posts, OTOH, you've read mine, who is the troll?

[QUOTE=H.L.;926045][QUOTE=Safir;926022]

Ah you is woman? Respeck!

[QUOTE=Safir;926048][QUOTE=H.L.;926045]
    Quote Originally Posted by Safir View Post

Ah you is woman? Respeck!
    Thank you.

C2E SME

HelloLady aka HL has been a cancer here since they first joined. Comments rarely contain any discussion, just name calling, put downs, and innuendo. There's a lot of people I routinely disagree with on this board, even including Edmonton Daily Photo, but I find there is actual substance coming from those point of view.

I'm all on board with getting rid of this toxic personality who does nothing to further this community, and only spits vitriol.

See ya HL.
    This. Feels like I've reported HL at least a dozen times for blatant personal attacks and last week an outright threat of physical violence. I'm not sure why this user is allowed to continually violate board rules with seemingly little consequence. They contribute nothing of substance to discussions, as well. And they're not even occasionally faintly amusing like Top Dawg.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post

See ya HL.
    This. Feels like I've reported HL at least a dozen times for blatant personal attacks and last week an outright threat of physical violence. I'm not sure why this user is allowed to continually violate board rules with seemingly little consequence. They contribute nothing of substance to discussions, as well. And they're not even occasionally faintly amusing like Top Dawg.
    Do you post here? I've never seen or heard from you. Silent but deadly?

Buncha whiners that can't or won't use the Ignore feature.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post

See ya HL.
    Do you post here? I've never seen or heard from you. Silent but deadly?

I too have reported posters, they gang up on one poster and call him terrible names. Admin isn't a babysitter. I heard about ganging up on Ian O, when I started posting, those posters are still here, mocking when and where he eats.

Much of what Hello Lady aka H.L. Posts is hate filled rhetoric and false information. She provides no useful information or contributes to any debate. She rails against the media for her insistance that they are printing fake news as she posts fake news from her questionable position

I find it ironic and disingenuous that she attacks others rather than ignoring their posts but expect us to ignore her posts. Her hypocrisy is a mile thick and I rebuke her and her hate filled ideas rather than ignore her lies. Why should this forum be their own personal soapbox where they can anonomously post something that they would not say in public or to someone's face? Free speech is a right but hatred and lies do not deserve to use this forum to spread lies and hate.

Some choose to ignore a bully but often that leads the bully becomes louder and more brash.

Time to stop ignoring the bully and to ban the poster.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 03-04-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

let's make sure we are banning others for the name calling as well.. theres many posters in this thread that would fit the bullying and name calling.

Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    let's make sure we are banning others for the name calling as well.. theres many posters in this thread that would fit the bullying and name calling.
    Yes, that sounds fair..

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    and I rebuke her
    Boy there's one ex-evangelical if I've read of one. Lol. Nevertheles. Zhe MUST submit!

^^^

Bullying ?

What happens on this forum is peanuts.

Now this is bullying.

https://edmontonsun.com/news/weird/f...7-256638543daa

Top_Dawg loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Dawg View Post

Now this is bullying.

https://edmontonsun.com/news/weird/f...7-256638543daa

Top_Dawg loves it.
    Now that's what I call a Dutch office.

This thread is a joke, right? April Fools late joke?

I think I've been dismissively replied to by HL maybe once or twice by her the whole time here and most of her replies to myself have been cordial. We don't even share the same political views.

I will state the agenda in this thread is to ban opinions that don't agree with ones own. EDP has soap boxed this into a ban issue on a board that generally doesn't ban people.

EDP has been asked to substantiate concerns of homophobia or "hate" or "constant attacks" and has provided none.

I'd like to say that EDP doesn't get to speak for everyone, but alleges doing just that in the OP post. He makes his agenda more clear in post 13 very much framing that in present day speech needs to be silenced because its alleged to harm others and again without substantiating that harm.

The allegations made against HL, without corroborating information, are arguably as heinous as anything she is accused of.

btw I did look at all of HL's recent posts and the one thread in particular was a shitshow. HL should not have posted what she did in that thread and the replies by her (and others) were reactive and imo poor form. But I don't see it as ban worthy within the established purview of this forum which has even allowed holocaust denial to be voiced repeatedly.

Not saying one wrong justifies other wrongs just that the wrong hasn't been clearly established here in this thread.

What HAS been established in this thread is this is certainly no community, and it certainly isn't a civil place.
    Last edited by Replacement; 03-04-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Glad that somebody saw the hypocrisy in this.

Nobody in this thread, participating, has been any model of conduct, and including myself. But singling somebody out, starting a thread like this and making unsubstantiated claim is just about the worst thing you can do to anyone online. Theres been one poster on this board in recent years that was serially offensive, combative, attacking, and that poster is gone, of their own apparent volition.

ps KC has probably been the closest to trying to make reasonable and encompassing and inclusive views, and thank you as well for doing it in this thread.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Glad that somebody saw the hypocrisy in this.

Nobody in this thread, participating, has been any model of conduct, and including myself. But singling somebody out, starting a thread like this and making unsubstantiated claim is just about the worst thing you can do to anyone online. Theres been one poster on this board in recent years that was serially offensive, combative, attacking, and that poster is gone, of their own apparent volition.

ps KC has probably been the closest to trying to make reasonable and encompassing and inclusive views, and thank you as well for doing it in this thread.
    TY.