Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Build a large artificial "beach" in the River Valley

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

i'm pretty sure it wasn't ian but when we were doing our site tour tuesday afternoon there was someone out there on a stand-up paddle board.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

It couldn't have been IanO. The beach is on the wrong side of the river for him. #MoveTheBeach

Maybe they can make a second, slightly smaller beach.
    #SonOfTheBeach. ..
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    i'm pretty sure it wasn't ian but when we were doing our site tour tuesday afternoon there was someone out there on a stand-up paddle board.
    Not too bright.

There’s still large areas with ice coverage. Fall in and the current would drag a person under the ice.

Where are those areas? I've crossed the river on 4 different bridges and excpet for some spots along the shore in the shade, the river is pretty clear.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Where are those areas? I've crossed the river on 4 different bridges and excpet for some spots along the shore in the shade, the river is pretty clear.
    Crossed the river about an hour ago on the Anthony Henday’s west bridge and a large area going around corner looked totally iced over with ice flows.

Here’s another spot. Note the ice flows visible from the near-live cam

http://wxyzwebcams.com/network/mobil...ang=en&id=2108

Very clear of ice here by UofA (maybe all in a logjam to the west edge where I saw ice)

https://www.ualberta.ca/earth-scienc...es/eas-cameras
    Last edited by KC; Today at 06:47 PM.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

there's still ice where the current encounters shoals, sandbars, and gravel beds. It should all be gone by Sunday. KC is right, this is NOT the time to be out on the river. Not only is it cold, and if you get pulled under ice - you're dead, the river is ripe with debris and other springtime fun. Remember, this is runoff season...
    Since calm logic doesn't work, I guess it is time to employ sarcasm. ...and before you call me an a-hole...remember, I am a Dick.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123