Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Jason Kenney and the UCP Performance - first year of power

Yup, Kenney's fault, 110%
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Dont forget, the only jobs and industry that matters is O&G, according to the naive posters above. Everyone else can like it or leave... gwill/hl/drumbones
    I actually feel bad that a good number of the job losses are the low paying jobs....

At least those with jobs are still making $15 an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Canada lost 24,200 jobs last month and its unemployment rate moved up to 5.7 per cent to give the economy its weakest three-month stretch of job creation since early 2018, according

More than 14 K!

https://globalnews.ca/news/5745700/canada-loses-jobs-wages-grow-july/

It's Kenny's fault, its Kenney's fault.lol. God I'm glad the NDP have gone..Thankyou Calgary!
    I’m still waiting to see how they are going to be any better in any substantive way than the NDP.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    Dont forget, the only jobs and industry that matters is O&G, according to the naive posters above. Everyone else can like it or leave... gwill/hl/drumbones
    I actually feel bad that a good number of the job losses are the low paying jobs....

At least those with jobs are still making $15 an hour.
    Me too...job losses hurts everyone.

God knows what mad Meds means. ask some of our FN what they feel about oil and gas jobs. Many worked in Fort Mac, now want to buy the pipeline, along with a Quebec pension company( oh the irony)
    Animals are my passion.

How Kenney's good friend, Doug Ford, handled cutting Legal Aid by 40%. I wonder if Jason is keeping notes?

Doug Ford Told People To Call Him For Legal Aid. Here's How His Office Responds.
    The premier promised legal aid for anyone who contacted his office. Emails show he passed the buck.

“Thank you very much for your email about legal aid,” Ford wrote to constituents who contacted his office. “As the issue you raised falls in the area of responsibility of the Honourable Caroline Mulroney, Attorney General, I’ve forwarded your email to her.”

In some cases, the Ministry of the Attorney General wrote back to say there was nothing it could do.

Please be advised that neither the Attorney General, nor any of her staff, can provide legal advice to you or intervene in any matter on your behalf.

Email from Ministry of the Attorney General
    “We are sorry to read of your difficulties. Please be advised that neither the Attorney General, nor any of her staff, can provide legal advice to you or intervene in any matter on your behalf,” said one response from the office. “This includes speaking with Legal Aid Ontario (LAO) staff on your behalf to secure a certificate or discuss your personal file. This is because LAO is mandated to provide legal services to eligible Ontarians independently and without government interference.”
    The premier promised to help Ontarians access free legal services after slashing funding for those services by 40 per cent.

“If anyone needs support on legal aid, feel free to call my office. I will guarantee you that you will have legal aid,” he said on April 22. "

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...ef=ca-homepage

C2E Continued Contributor

Canada lost 24,200 jobs last month and its unemployment rate moved up to 5.7 per cent to give the economy its weakest three-month stretch of job creation since early 2018, according

More than 14 K!

It's Kenny's fault, its Kenney's fault.lol. God I'm glad the NDP have gone..Thankyou Calgary!
    https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/dail...90705a-eng.htm

One month unemployment goes up and everyone jumps on it, but completely ignore the year over year downward trend.

Let me guess, if unemployment is up it's Trudeau/NDPs fault, but it goes down it will be all thanks to Kenney.

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post

More than 14 K!

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/dail...90705a-eng.htm

One month unemployment goes up and everyone jumps on it, but completely ignore the year over year downward trend.

Let me guess, if unemployment is up it's Trudeau/NDPs fault, but it goes down it will be all thanks to Kenney.
    There have been plenty of posts with links on job growth, there hasn't been much HERE, thanks to JT/NDP
    Animals are my passion.

Uhh earth to HelloLady, The NDP have been out since April, and up until April, Alberta had positive job growth. You may want to turn off what ever strong conservative bias you have for a few seconds.

The job growth earlier this year was due to good, hardworking Albertans pulling up their bootstraps DESPITE the NDP anti-Alberta campaign of terror.

Duh.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

#betteroffwithkenney

#betteroffwithkenney
    no surprise that you can't tell this isn't twitter, and C2E doesn't use hashtags.

You keep saying crap like "better off with Kenney" but every fact disagrees with your assertion. It's too bad you choose to blindly support political parties like you would a local sports team.

Facts have a well-known liberal bias, Matt.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

#FactsDontmatterwhenCheeseburgerKenneyIsAtTheHelm
    #FactsDontMatterToConservativeVoters

>?

You may remember that prior to the election, Premier Jason Kenney guaranteed that a UCP government would do no worse than freeze health spending, and even made a big show of it by signing a large poster board.Wherever that signed “guarantee” wound up, the UCP is probably best served by burning it, because it appears increasingly likely that Kenney has no plans to honour it.
    Given his repeated (unverified) comments that the NDP misrepresented the state of the provincial treasury, it now seems a good bet that the UCP’s first budget this fall will deliver the first real cut to the health ministry in more than two decades. And it’s probable the government will seek pay rollbacks from unionized workers to accomplish it.
    https://edmontonjournal.com/news/pol...s-prescription

A Premier who blatantly lies to the electorate about the state of the economy after manipulating the leadership vote for his party and before winning an election based largely on the state of the economy might not be telling the truth regarding plans for health care? You don't say!

Kenney lies, and his base gobbles it up. Proof is above. HL, Gwill, etc, how does it feel to be a sheeple?

They'll get back to you once the UCP tells them how to feel about it, either directly or through an editorial or opinion column from Postmedia.

Postmedia? The Canadian conservative propaganda machine that owns a large majority of the media in Canada?

No, the American-owned, pseudo-Canadian conservative propaganda machine that is unabashed in celebrating its inherent bias & direct hand in shifting the Overton window in Canada thanks to its monopolistic hold on media & slavish devotion to the oligarchy & the plutocrats & multinationals that comprise it.

https://www.canadalandshow.com/the-c...-of-postmedia/

In the 2015 Alberta election, the Edmonton Journal — another of the chain’s metropolitan daily broadsheets — was ordered to endorse Alberta’s Progressive Conservatives, after the paper had unearthed a run of embarrassing stories for the ruling party, and in a campaign where it was universally held that the PCs had underperformed.

At Postmedia, this was all par for the course.

But October 2018 was different. October 2018 was the start of something unprecedented.

Several editors at the National Post — Postmedia’s flagship newspaper with an explicitly conservative political mandate, where I reported on media from 2016 to 2017 — were summoned to a meeting on the 12th floor of the company’s headquarters.
    There, according to three sources familiar with the meeting, company president Andrew MacLeod told them that their paper — which launched in 1998 to serve as the voice of thoughtful, modern Canadian conservatism, and which many would argue remains so — was insufficiently conservative.

Ya, that's more what I meant. Either way, #factsdontmattertoPopulism

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...e-jobs-in-july

Alberta Lost 14000 jobs in July.
    Most of the 8400 energy sector losses in Canada were in Alberta.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/exxon-ch...lion-1.1296540

Exon and Cevron get a one time 700 million profit boost due to Alberta's Tax reduction.

Jobs? Pipelines? Economy?

nope, just 4.5 billion in tax breaks for his wealth corporate friends including discounts for teen labour and pay cuts coming to the public sector, and ending (illegally) bargained agreements

Lies, more lies, and lies to cover up the lies.

Quote Originally Posted by BalancedOP View Post

Does anyone wonder why the NDP got a HUGE kickin the @ss, and had to leave power and sit back in opposition.? LOL
    I cannot believe how sour the dippers that like her( unions type) are..oh well suck it up buttercups..
    Animals are my passion.

Does anyone wonder why the NDP got a HUGE kickin the @ss, and had to leave power and sit back in opposition.? LOL
    I cannot believe how sour the dippers that like her( unions type) are..oh well suck it up buttercups..
    My post right above yours summarizes things in a small enough format for you to digest before bouncing off to your next conservative headline that you'll ignore the real facts on too.

Lies, more lies, and lies to cover up the lies.
    It's great that you drink up koolaid quicker than most others around here... .really is.

And you weren’t a sour yourself when the Conservatives went down.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

The sourest! Just go back to those Notley threads (or review H.L. post history) just to see how sour she was.

More sour than a whole costco sized 'family-sized' big bag of these ate all at once by one person!

It's actually a bag of these sour gummy bears.

That's tough to swallow. So is the TRUTH I suppose. #FactsMatter #hashtagsDont

#betteroffwithkenney
    no surprise that you can't tell this isn't twitter, and C2E doesn't use hashtags.

You keep saying crap like "better off with Kenney" but every fact disagrees with your assertion. It's too bad you choose to blindly support political parties like you would a local sports team.
    angry meds at it again... you bit like I expected you to. I've made it clear many times I voted ndp last election and voted ucp this time. I'm far from blindly supporting political parties.

I find it interesting that the hard core ndp supporter like yourself cant find fault in the ndp or their policies. The NDP should not have lost the last election but they did in epic proportions.

The NDP were too busy telling Alberta what issues we needed to care about while refusing to listen to what albertans were saying. The UCP isnt to blame for this.

Yup, four years ago,.I didn't think the ndp would last another four, so happy times..
    Animals are my passion.

#betteroffwithkenney

angry meds at it again... you bit like I expected you to. I've made it clear many times I voted ndp last election and voted ucp this time. I'm far from blindly supporting political parties.

I find it interesting that the hard core ndp supporter like yourself cant find fault in the ndp or their policies. The NDP should not have lost the last election but they did in epic proportions.

The NDP were too busy telling Alberta what issues we needed to care about while refusing to listen to what albertans were saying. The UCP isnt to blame for this.
    You may not be paying attention yourself, as I've only once voted NDP, and that wasn't the last election. I've always considered myself a conservative, at least fiscally, however, Kenney and the UCP aren't really conservatives in any stroke of the imagination, and certainly not a party I can get behind. I've certain found many faults with the NDP, and some of the strange choices they made, especially around consultation, however, they took and received feedback, and worked on improving things, rather than the UCP approach to just put ear plugs in. I've very glad the NDP is in opposition, cause so far, they have been all over the UCP, and actually doing what the opposition should be doing.

The NDP lost the last election because they refused to get dirty like UCP and Kenney did. They didn't lie and mislead. I have a lot more respect for the NDP losing than the UCP winning. What a bunch of dirty pigs.

The NDP listens, the UCP lies, and that's what won the election. Jobs? Pipelines? Economy? All a smoke screen that people got behind so that Jason Kenney and co can roll back wages, give huge tax breaks to the corporations that helped they corruptly get into power. Remember the UCP that said they were grassroots? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

The solution... is to go back to school and become...a "corporation"
    The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes then steal your dreams.
    It's heaven and hell!

Medwards - The ndp listened to albertans???? LOL. They would have won more seats if that was the case. I'd also say the 100 attack websites that the ndp created was playing dirty.

This proves my point how those who support the ndp cant reflect on why they lost the election so badly. The ndp certainly didnt learn as they continued with the same rhetoric right after the election.

And the UCP supporters showed that they had literally no problem with the kamikaze campaign or the secret, off the books donations or the bulk buying of memberships or their support of the yellow vest protesters, including one who stood on the steps of the legislature and denounced Jews.

Yeah, the UCP are squeaky clean.

that's the interesting part IMO. People voted ucp regardless of the issues that were ongoing. Albertans decided the ndp weren't listening to their concerns.

I think that speaks volumes for what alberta thought of the ndp.

I think it speaks volumes about what UCP voters think of truth, honesty, democracy and the rule of law.

there you go blaming the ucp instead of looking at the ndps failings.

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    I think it speaks volumes about what UCP voters think of truth, honesty, democracy and the rule of law.
    As a voter for both NDP and more recently UCP I say it’s good to keep one’s expectations low.

Of course, one can go the common route people like H.L. took and simply avoid expectations altogether and just vote for one’s tribe / horde.
    Last edited by KC; 13-08-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Medwards - The ndp listened to albertans???? LOL. They would have won more seats if that was the case. I'd also say the 100 attack websites that the ndp created was playing dirty.

This proves my point how those who support the ndp cant reflect on why they lost the election so badly. The ndp certainly didnt learn as they continued with the same rhetoric right after the election.

The NDP got really dirty, it backfired, big time. I suspect Notley will step down soon, no way will she ever lead this province again. Hooray!
    Animals are my passion.

I dont think it honestly mattered what the NDP did. This province is strongly rooted in voting for conservative based parties and the UCP party message rang home for many that falsely believe the NDP had anything to do
    with the recession that started under prentice with the crash of the world oil prices. The UCP had a strong message out and is backed my corporate and media that the ndp were to blame and that just by saying jobs, pipelines
    and economy (oh my) and hand-waving would actually fix things with no real plan just a bunch of ******** that many people bought into. I dont think the honeymoon period is going to last very long. Polls are already dropping pretty quickly.

Fwiw i voted Alberta Party this time, but never really believed they had a chance of winning. Mandel cost them a lot of
    support.

The NDP got really dirty, it backfired, big time. I suspect Notley will step down soon, no way will she ever lead this province again. Hooray!
    So sour

I dont think it honestly mattered what the NDP did. This province is strongly rooted in voting for conservative based parties and the UCP party message rang home for many that falsely believe the NDP had anything to do
    with the recession that started under prentice with the crash of the world oil prices. The UCP had a strong message out and is backed my corporate and media that the ndp were to blame and that just by saying jobs, pipelines
    and economy (oh my) and hand-waving would actually fix things with no real plan just a bunch of ******** that many people bought into. I dont think the honeymoon period is going to last very long. Polls are already dropping pretty quickly.

Fwiw i voted Alberta Party this time, but never really believed they had a chance of winning. Mandel cost them a lot of
    support.
    Well said.

The NDP failed to get tough on the public sector in order to better subsidize the private sector to make it “feel” better and it failed to reverse its debt spending which just creates fears and trepidation amongst those already stressed out and losing their jobs, working longer hours and/or taking pay cuts.

All one has to do is look at the many examples history provides, just look south across the border at how a great recovery was perceived as ****, or look back to the Getty days to see how the middle-of-the-road approach fails when it follows a boom/bust cycle. The boom creates a high benchmark with high expectations and huge sense entitlement that people expect can be delivered again if only the right leader is elected.

We’ll see.

NDP calls on province to publicly release blue-ribbon panel report this week | Edmonton Journal

“Last week, Premier Jason Kenney said the report will show that the fiscal situation of the province is worse than outlined by the NDP.

Alberta’s deficit was $2.1 billion less in 2018-19 than estimated in the last provincial budget, according to the latest government numbers.

The $6.7-billion deficit is significantly lower than in the budget laid out by the NDP in March 2018. It was the last budget tabled before the April provincial election that saw the UCP win a majority victory.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/pol...port-this-week

Who’s the scum?

NDP forced to apologize to former UCP candidate for inaccurate news release | CBC News

“Cyndy Morin launched a $650,000 lawsuit after the NDP sent a news release in August 2018 that accused Morin of accepting illegal corporate donations for her campaign and which implicated her law firm.

Morin, who was running to be the candidate in Calgary-Fish Creek, dropped out of the race shortly after. Her statement of claim says her withdrawal was in order to fight the allegations in the news release. ”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...tion-1.5242075

We’ll see.

NDP calls on province to publicly release blue-ribbon panel report this week | Edmonton Journal

“Last week, Premier Jason Kenney said the report will show that the fiscal situation of the province is worse than outlined by the NDP.

Alberta’s deficit was $2.1 billion less in 2018-19 than estimated in the last provincial budget, according to the latest government numbers.

The $6.7-billion deficit is significantly lower than in the budget laid out by the NDP in March 2018. It was the last budget tabled before the April provincial election that saw the UCP win a majority victory.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/pol...port-this-week

Yup, we'll see...
    Animals are my passion.

support.
    Well said.

The NDP failed to get tough on the public sector in order to better subsidize the private sector to make it “feel” better and it failed to reverse its debt spending which just creates fears and trepidation amongst those already stressed out and losing their jobs, working longer hours and/or taking pay cuts.

All one has to do is look at the many examples history provides, just look south across the border at how a great recovery was perceived as ****, or look back to the Getty days to see how the middle-of-the-road approach fails when it follows a boom/bust cycle. The boom creates a high benchmark with high expectations and huge sense entitlement that people expect can be delivered again if only the right leader is elected.
    The public sector has been under a wage freeze for the last 5 years. No COLA, no steps, no increase what so ever. Poeple need to stop looking at the government budget as if it were personal debt. Two much different beast.

With the automation in the O&G sector and most major projects finished or near finished with not much else big planned for a long while, the job boom from 2004-2014 is well over now, and is not coming back no matter how many times Jason Kenney hand-waves and says "jobs, pipelines, economy (oh my)"

Notley did absolutely nothing to raise global oil prices and global demand. Voters made her pay the price for that. We’ll see if Kenney is any different.

Gloomy Oil Markets Just Got Gloomier | OilPrice.com

“Recent developments in the oil market have sent cold shivers through Rystad Energy’s oil market team, calling into question our temporary bullish view for the first part of 2020 linked to the new IMO shipping fuel regulations.

“Economic recession risk and further escalation of the US-China trade war are key concerns in the near term. How long OPEC+ is willing to continue to manage production adds uncertainty,” says Bjørnar Tonhaugen, head of oil market analysis at Rystad Energy.”

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-G...-Gloomier.html

What unexplored avenues did the NDP have to wrest away control of the global marketplace? How will they now be used by Kenney?

I'm very curious what any leader or business in Alberta can do to change the world oil prices, and even if oil prices do go back up, that doesn't mean Alberta will return to yesteryear, as least in terms of employment, and its more than just world oil prices holding us back, there's that whole pipeline thing, which is going to take several years to build if it does get built at all. I remember the NDP buying tanker cars to help ship out some of that massive reserves of oil out in the mean time, only to be cancelled by UCP/Kenney for the simple reason that it was something the NDP did, without more much thought.... "Gotta get them dippers hyuk hyuk hyuk" (actually quote from H.L.)

Who’s the scum?

NDP forced to apologize to former UCP candidate for inaccurate news release | CBC News

“Cyndy Morin launched a $650,000 lawsuit after the NDP sent a news release in August 2018 that accused Morin of accepting illegal corporate donations for her campaign and which implicated her law firm.

Morin, who was running to be the candidate in Calgary-Fish Creek, dropped out of the race shortly after. Her statement of claim says her withdrawal was in order to fight the allegations in the news release. ”

but medwards and others seem to think it was the ucp playing dirty. I think the ndp ran the dirtiest campaign we've ever seen in Alberta for the last election.

Did you miss the UCP campaign or were your blinders on full? Speaking of dirty, how about the rest of the dirt the UCP is under? Like that dumpster fire of how Kenney became the leader (kamikaze campaign), and the several ongoing RCMP investigations?
    Last edited by Medwards; 14-08-2019 at 08:05 AM.

I think the ndp ran the dirtiest campaign we've ever seen in Alberta for the last election.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/5456430/s...ace-tolppanen/

https://globalnews.ca/news/5491133/ucp-leadership-race-criminal-allegations-rcmp-cabinet-interviewed/

https://globalnews.ca/news/5335897/a...investigation/

You're free to have your own opinions, but the UCP started out super dirty before the writ was dropped & if you start out dirty you're not gonna get clean along the way.

Who’s the scum?

but medwards and others seem to think it was the ucp playing dirty. I think the ndp ran the dirtiest campaign we've ever seen in Alberta for the last election.
    I see them all as scum. Hate to be associated with any of them in any way. Necessary evils at best.

Just look at H.L.s postings to understand how vacant and lacking the thoughts are towards anything that would amount to statesmanship like behaviour or desires among a party’s minions/supporters.

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards
    Polls are already dropping pretty quickly.

Any source for that? Not that I question the claim, just genuinely curious as I haven't seen any recent polls for Alberta provincial politics.

I never said the ucp were angles but medwards is the one saying the ndp didnt run a dirty campaign at all. Come back to reality.

C2E SME

You seem to be confusing "dirty" with "negative". No question the NDP went negative. They didn't commit fraud and have something like a dozen members (and counting!) violate campaign finance laws/regulations, on the other hand. Nor is the RCMP investigating them. That's what is dirty.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/polit...eys-popularity

Before the election, I talked to a businessman who does not like the premier’s record on social issues but also had major concerns with NDP economic policy.He agonized for weeks over how to vote. Finally, he went UCP.
    Recently I asked him how he felt about the persistent uproar over leadership voting and funding.
    “Not important,” he said. “All that happened in the past, it’s done. What matters is jobs and the economy. That’s what he was elected to do.”
    Ends justify the means for Oilbertans. Nothing else matters besides kowtowing to corporate interests so the O&G remoras can get a tiny fraction of the billions in corporate welfare & handouts the UCP are chumming the waters with.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    You seem to be confusing "dirty" with "negative". No question the NDP went negative. They didn't commit fraud and have something like a dozen members (and counting!) violate campaign finance laws/regulations, on the other hand. Nor is the RCMP investigating them. That's what is dirty.
    the lawsuit that was just finished seems to say otherwise.. the ndp were held accountable for their dirty tactics. I'd say all the attack sites are dirty.

I'd put having a political party ignore Albertana concerns is significantly worst then anything else.. the ndp paid the price for doing just that.

A single civil lawsuit is hardly equivalent to multiple criminal investigations.

Gwill what makes you think ndp ignored or didnt listen? You keep saying that but seems to be opinion rather then fact. It seems you confuse UCP rhetoric as fact...

please spare me “if the ndp listened they wouldnt have lost” crap you spewed earlier

Speaking of ignoring Albertans

how about those ear plugs?

did you know that the opposition is still an elected position and they represent albertans too?

The earplugs were to maintain the vacuum in their skulls, silly...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

There's Albertans & Oilbertans. Oilbertans assume all Albertans are Oilbertans & thus the wishes of Oilbertans are the wishes of Albertans. Any idea that does not service Oilbertans is dismissed as not being Albertan.

It's a big "no true scotsman" fallacy.

there you go blaming the ucp instead of looking at the ndps failings.
    All pollitical parties have failings. No one party is going to please everyone 100% of the time. It's the nature of the beast.

It's quite another to vote for a party that has committed and is continuing to commit blatant illegal acts.

But the UCP voters decided to turn the other cheek as long as they got their tax cut. Well, the big corporations got their tax cut. The Alberta carbob tax may be gone but the Canadian one is on it's way. Oh, and lots of money to be spent on court challenges that won't go anywhere but the UCP needs to put up the front so they can say "See, it's not us! It's big, bad Ottawa!". The money spent on the court challenge is nothing more than political advertising for Scheer.

And why has the UCP delayed school budgets until after the federal election? Expect Kenny to start with the cuts come October 22.

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    There's Albertans & Oilbertans. Oilbertans assume all Albertans are Oilbertans & thus the wishes of Oilbertans are the wishes of Albertans. Any idea that does not service Oilbertans is dismissed as not being Albertan.

It's a big "no true scotsman" fallacy.

I think you are right, there are to Albertas.

I don't think the UCP will last 4 years either. There will be a centrist party come up. don't know who or what it will be but Alberta will swing back to the centre. Right of centre but centre. With the latest economic forecasts starting to come in. the UCP has a stiff headwind to deal with. some of it is their own making but the world economy will be the biggest factor.

We have seen western democracies moving to the far right but it will swing back. the occupant of the white house will have a lot to do with the change of direction.

I've been in this province for 60years and seen it swing back and forth. The PC were good a gauging the climate and moving one way or the other. Lougheeds policies today would be considered very Liberal.

Sad part is like in the states the people that voted for the UCP will be the ones hurt most by the policies of slash and burn reductions.

Yes they got their tax reduction but that money has left the province literally. and yet we just saw another 1500 jobs in the oil patch disappear. No long range spending announcement either. In consulting we look 5 or more years in advance and currently I don't see much happening.

kkozorz you are also quite right.

I don't think the UCP will last 4 years either.

Yes, they will and they will get in for another four..
    Animals are my passion.

So their actual performance is, and will be, totally irrelevant to you.

Hahahaha!!!

Yet we don’t let thoughtful, concerned non-partisan youths under 18 yrs of age to vote.

It's always been supporting the favorite sports team with that one, and very very sour sport when their favoured party is not in power. See: Previous NDP threads, Justin Trudeau's thread.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/polit...eys-popularity

Before the election, I talked to a businessman who does not like the premier’s record on social issues but also had major concerns with NDP economic policy.He agonized for weeks over how to vote. Finally, he went UCP.
    Recently I asked him how he felt about the persistent uproar over leadership voting and funding.
    “Not important,” he said. “All that happened in the past, it’s done. What matters is jobs and the economy. That’s what he was elected to do.”
    Ends justify the means for Oilbertans. Nothing else matters besides kowtowing to corporate interests so the O&G remoras can get a tiny fraction of the billions in corporate welfare & handouts the UCP are chumming the waters with.
    Interesting isn’t it. However the ideal is that one can be treated as sorta-kinda innocent until proven guilty so the investigations, the RCMP and then maybe the courts will now play an important role in determining whether a dirty campaign was also an illegal campaign.

Hawrelak had legitimacy / legality issues swirling around home in the civic election years ago yet he too was voted in. Then they (?) renamed a major park after him!!!!!
    Last edited by KC; 14-08-2019 at 04:26 PM.

It's always been supporting the favorite sports team with that one, and very very sour sport when their favoured party is not in power. See: Previous NDP threads, Justin Trudeau's thread.
    You'd think someone who has grandkids would try to think about the big picture & in the long term, but nope.

Grandkids are what turned my true-blue, O&G-working, truck-drivin', deer-shootin', fish-catchin', casually-racist/sexist-joke tellin', stereotypical Oilbertan dad into a rational, forward-thinking, considerate orange-red voter. From "f*ck you, got mine!" to "got mine, now how about you?"

There will be a centrist party come up.
    The NDP were already centrist economically.

Hahahaha!!!

Yet we don’t let thoughtful, concerned non-partisan youths under 18 yrs of age to vote.
    Actually you're wrong, I'd never vote NDP though. You come across very smug, but why? what about? Can you tell me how long the UCP have been in power? Why some of us worry about huge debt the left love to rack up? How the NDP lost, the last election? Why they lost?????
    Honest to god, this thread is as bad as Trumps.
    Trump said this, Trump said that.
    UCP bad, NDP walk on water, except they don't, and AB took them out of power, to sit in opposition, where they deserve to be..deal with it!
    Animals are my passion.

Hahahaha!!!

Actually you're wrong, I'd never vote NDP though. You come across very smug, but why? what about? Can you tell me how long the UCP have been in power? Why some of us worry about huge debt the left love to rack up? How the NDP lost, the last election? Why they lost?????
    UCP bad, NDP walk on water, except they don't, and AB took them out of power, to sit in opposition, where they deserve to be..deal with it!
    Illegally elected Kenney good? He ran a fake campaign to draw off support from Brian Jean. Without that it's likely that he wouldn't have been elected party leader. Without that, he wouldn't be premier.

But sure, fake votes, multiple violations, backing fake candidate just shows that he's politically savvy.

But, but, but, Trudeau should step down and Kenney should automatically become PM

Hahahaha!!!

One - don’t forget - I voted for the UCP and thought that the NDP had started to fail at doing what needed to be done.

Two - sorry to sound smug but based on your own response - I NAILED IT.

The debt build up was only a minor issue in the vote. The Conservatives built up a near equivalent debt at a far higher carrying cost (interest rate) yet still got relected. (Except Klein got elected and implemented an austerity program.) Watch as the UCP adds to this level of debt and watch how it becomes a non-issue outside of being used as an excuse to cut, cut, cut. However the debt won’t be bought back or any form of defeasance employed to deal with the future risks.

In Alberta the spend exceeds the income and massive borrowing fills the gap - and that can’t go on forever - so no matter who got into power (the UCP or the NDP) that spending has to stop.

Yes, the UCP just got in. The NDP received severe criticism by the losers right from the start. Similarly the UCP are receiving loser-criticism. I’m critical if the UCP because the UCP was critical of the NDP knowing that they would have done the same or proposed phoney solutions knowing that they were twisting their words and using verbal fine print / weasel-words to create phoney optics (like cutting off BC on day one after the election).

The NDP lost because one, they were a result of a protest vote and two, because boom time oil prices didn’t return and so Alberta’s recovery was weak and Albertans want the good times back.

A third factor is that yes, they lived up to their reputation. The NDP lost by confirming their negative stereotypical image by reinforcing that image through protecting public services and doing little to help and subsidize the ailing private sector beyond cutting small business income taxes. And yes they continued to add debt. (As Conservatives would likely have done as well.)
    Last edited by KC; 15-08-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Why is it always a spending problem & not an income problem?

There’s plenty of headroom between the taxation levels in Alberta & the rest of Canada. Why is it so hard to close some, but not all of that gap, increasing revenue while maintaining an advantage?

Why is it always a spending problem & not an income problem?

There’s plenty of headroom between the taxation levels in Alberta & the rest of Canada. Why is it so hard to close some, but not all of that gap, increasing revenue while maintaining an advantage?
    It seems to me that it’s always relative to what is or just was. Less so in terms of relativity between. So change is good or change is bad relative to one’s own situation, to one’s own past experience.

I don’t think many people go the extra extent of mental thinking that you do in terms of optimizing relative competitiveness or finding some optimum level between public needs and private needs. The ability to kick cans down the road allow people to demand that their “asks” be met without expectation of paying for them. (Entitlement?)
    Last edited by KC; 15-08-2019 at 08:01 AM.

C2E SME
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

What the government will be less eager to admit is that the report’s overall findings have been largely pre-determined by the narrow scope of the group’s mandate — and it is highly unlikely we’ll see any recommendation that significantly diverges from what the UCP was already planning to do.
    Belief systems predicated on maintaining the status quo at best & regression & going backwards at worst will always start from their conclusions & work backwards to create justifications for their positions. It's the conservative way.

(Quote from The_Cat's link)

Hahahaha!!!

One - don’t forget - I voted for the UCP and thought that the NDP had started to fail at doing what needed to be done.

The debt build up was only a minor issue in the vote. The Conservatives built up a near equivalent debt at a far higher carrying cost (interest rate) yet still got relected. (Except Klein got elected and implemented an austerity program.) Watch as the UCP adds to this level of debt and watch how it becomes a non-issue outside of being used as an excuse to cut, cut, cut. However the debt won’t be bought back or any form of defeasance employed to deal with the future risks.

In Alberta the spend exceeds the income and massive borrowing fills the gap - and that can’t go on forever - so no matter who got into power (the UCP or the NDP) that spending has to stop.

Yes, the UCP just got in. The NDP received severe criticism by the losers right from the start. Similarly the UCP are receiving loser-criticism. I’m critical if the UCP because the UCP was critical of the NDP knowing that they would have done the same or proposed phoney solutions knowing that they were twisting their words and using verbal fine print / weasel-words to create phoney optics (like cutting off BC on day one after the election).

The NDP lost because one, they were a result of a protest vote and two, because boom time oil prices didn’t return and so Alberta’s recovery was weak and Albertans want the good times back.

A third factor is that yes, they lived up to their reputation. The NDP lost by confirming their negative stereotypical image by reinforcing that image through protecting public services and doing little to help and subsidize the ailing private sector beyond cutting small business income taxes. And yes they continued to add debt. (As Conservatives would likely have done as well.)

Clairvoyant as well.

Nailed it? Nope..
    Animals are my passion.

Oh he nailed it, you're just too uptight to admit it.

Yup, SNC is up the butt, lobbying whoever's in power.

I cannot wait for Notley , to present her shadow budget, in her whirlwind tour of Alberta. I read that and had a great morning LOL Probably using fairy dust to get around, to all those places that booted her out..
    NDP, newsflash, don't hire anti pipeline people, you buttheads...
    Animals are my passion.

Oh, look, a second time you're laughing at the NDP for doing the job they're elected for & that the UCP couldn't be bothered to do while they were in opposition.

At least your double standards, hypocrisy & cognitive dissonance are as consistent.

Never stop being the perfect example of the Dunning-Kruger effect in action, HL. I need the chuckles.

Oh, look, a second time you're laughing at the NDP for doing the job they're elected for & that the UCP couldn't be bothered to do while they were in opposition.

At least your double standards, hypocrisy & cognitive dissonance are as consistent.

Never stop being the perfect example of the Dunning-Kruger effect in action, HL. I need the chuckles.
    Aw bless, I give you the chuckles..LOL

I wish I could say the same for you, you're just another NDP toady
    Animals are my passion.

I've cast 4 NDP ballots across 24 years of voting in every single election, at every level, since I have been able to.

It's amazing how limited your world view gets when you're incapable of seeing things as anything but blue or orange.

I've cast 4 NDP ballots across 24 years of voting in every single election, at every level, since I have been able to.

It's amazing how limited your world view gets when you're incapable of seeing things as anything but blue or orange.
    Good for you, you man, or woman, of the world.

My world is far from limited, but I do pay attention to other countries, some we have travelled to, some we have not. I see why governments are thrown out of power, and how some remain , it's called choice, we are lucky to have that. As much as you try and belittle mine, it doesn't work..
    Animals are my passion.

I cannot wait for Notley , to present her shadow budget, in her whirlwind tour of Alberta. I read that and had a great morning LOL Probably using fairy dust to get around, to all those places that booted her out..
    NDP, newsflash, don't hire anti pipeline people, you buttheads...
    Why would you want the NDP to release their shadow budgets? The UCP could never be bothered. I know you have quite the double standards...

Anyone see that poll in the red deer advocate about UCP and Kenneys first months in performance? It was like 67% rating as poor/bad last I checked with over 5000 votes. I thought Red Deer was UCP heartland?

I'm super glad that you & I have a choice.

I'm a little sad that you make the choice you do & frequently amused by the logically-inconsistent, misinformed & hilariously biased way you justify it, but I'm still glad we both have a choice.

I'm super glad that you & I have a choice.

I'm a little sad that you make the choice you do & frequently amused by the logically-inconsistent, misinformed & hilariously biased way you justify it, but I'm still glad we both have a choice.
    Right back at you.
    Animals are my passion.

Ah, the ol' monkey-bars standby, "NO, YOU!"

Votes like a boomer, talks, thinks & debates like a 3rd grader. Braaaaaaaavo.

, talks, thinks & debates like a 3rd grader. Braaaaaaaavo.
    That's you to a T. LOL you're so easy..too easy.
    Have a fun day, in your job, piddling away your jammy , but boring government job. One thing for certain, you've never started your own business, it's all been handed to you..aww, how transparent you are
    Animals are my passion.

, talks, thinks & debates like a 3rd grader. Braaaaaaaavo.
    Have a fun day, in your job, piddling away your jammy , but boring government job. One thing for certain, you've never started your own business, it's all been handed to you..aww, how transparent you are
    Fascinating opinions.

Hahahaha!!!

Clairvoyant as well.

Nailed it? Nope..
    I said: “So their actual performance is, and will be, totally irrelevant to you.”

You said: “Actually you're wrong,” yet then said: “I’d never vote NDP though.”

Nailed it!

Oh... or maybe I didn’t nail it. What am I missing?

So you don’t care about performance? You will never vote NDP for other reasons? Hmmm. Maybe I’m starting to broaden my understanding of what people want out of their involvement in democracies outside of performance and dogmatism.

Like past or future receipt of favours and kickbacks from a political party might trump any desire for performance. Or moving away. Or going insane? Or? ... or what? What’s your value beyond good government?
    Last edited by KC; 15-08-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Hahahaha!!!

Clairvoyant as well.

Nailed it? Nope..
    I said: “So their actual performance is, and will be, totally irrelevant to you.”
    You said: “I’d never vote NDP though.”

Nailed it!

Have a fun day, in your job, piddling away your jammy , but boring government job.
    The last time I worked for a government or government entity was when I was in my teens. I'm unionized, but not government. I've said this multiple times, but you're clearly incapable of remembering. Old age can do that.

One thing for certain, you've never started your own business, it's all been handed to you..aww, how transparent you are
    Nah, wrong again. I certainly have been fortunate in my life, but you're incorrect that I've a) never started my own business and b) that it's all been handed to me.

Given your terrible record on trying to call me out, keep your ignorant assumptions to your ignorant self & stop projecting your own insecurities onto me.

Have a fun day, in your job, piddling away your jammy , but boring government job.
    The last time I worked for a government or government entity was when I was in my teens. I'm unionized, but not government. I've said this multiple times, but you're clearly incapable of remembering. Old age can do that.

One thing for certain, you've never started your own business, it's all been handed to you..aww, how transparent you are
    Nah, wrong again. I certainly have been fortunate in my life, but you're incorrect that I've a) never started my own business and b) that it's all been handed to me.

Given your terrible record on trying to call me out, keep your ignorant assumptions to your ignorant self & stop projecting your own insecurities onto me.
    Most of the time, you're on block. Which is so much nicer for me. I don't believe you about where you work, anyone can say anything. Unionized, lol. Okay,
    Bye noodle head...
    Animals are my passion.

Hahahaha!!!

Clairvoyant as well.

Nailed it? Nope..

You said: “Actually you're wrong,” yet then said: “I’d never vote NDP though.”

Nailed it!

Oh... or maybe I didn’t nail it. What am I missing?

So you don’t care about performance? You will never vote NDP for other reasons? Hmmm. Maybe I’m starting to broaden my understanding of what people want out of their involvement in democracies outside of performance and dogmatism.

Like past or future receipt of favours and kickbacks from a political party might trump any desire for performance. Or moving away. Or going insane? Or? ... or what? What’s your value beyond good government?
    I will never vote NDP, fact!

One sentence at a time, for KC..lol
    Animals are my passion.

awhh the famous "Your blocked" but then not actually blocking the person and continually responding...

How childish.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast