Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Kenney and the UCP Performance - first year of power

I'd rather C2E than work!

Sounds like the band of miscreants in the UCP are now starting up fake social media accounts like "BCforTMX" in some sort of flailing attempt to gain support for their pipeline position... I think ?

Definitely unethical, possibly illegal, it's a good thing that most of the good folks in BC are a lot smarter than the rubes in Alberta and are not buying this slimy tactic, regardless of their position on the pipeline

Definitely a reflection of how amateur hour this province and government are.

The party of fiscal responsibility, spending money to implement strategies taken straight out of the KGB playbook & sow discord through astroturfing.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Its funny you think the ucp are bad when based on the #ableg feed on Twitter you would think the ndp should have won a majority during the last election. The amount of nauseating ndp posts has slowed significantly since then.. seems most of the second or third accounts from ndp supporters arent getting used as much.

Quote Originally Posted by 240GLT View Post
    Sounds like the band of miscreants in the UCP are now starting up fake social media accounts like "BCforTMX" in some sort of flailing attempt to gain support for their pipeline position... I think ?

Definitely unethical, possibly illegal, it's a good thing that most of the good folks in BC are a lot smarter than the rubes in Alberta and are not buying this slimy tactic, regardless of their position on the pipeline

Fake accounts? Like the fake e-mails and fake contributions during the UCP leadership campaign. Wherever do you think that they got that idea? Probably from Kenney's fake citizenship ceremony on Sun "News"

Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    Its funny you think the ucp are bad when based on the #ableg feed on Twitter you would think the ndp should have won a majority during the last election. The amount of nauseating ndp posts has slowed significantly since then.. seems most of the second or third accounts from ndp supporters arent getting used as much.
    Not many people care what they think, although CTV loves shoving a camera in their faces, they are powerless..
    Animals are my passion.

$1.1 million of taxpayer funds used to pay for the aforementioned troll farm. Funny, I don't recall seeing this in the UCP election platform.

https://twitter.com/BCforTMX/status/...819972608?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by OffWhyte View Post
    $1.1 million of taxpayer funds used to pay for the aforementioned troll farm. Funny, I don't recall seeing this in the UCP election platform.

https://twitter.com/BCforTMX/status/...819972608?s=19

“band of miscreants in the UCP”

“troll farm”

Reputable link please.

When you say; “ in the UCP ” it sounds like you’re saying elected members are involved. Or are you saying partly officials? Or random card holding members? Or just joe blow residents that voted UCP?

There’s this:

Alberta starts new ad campaign for troubled Trans Mountain pipeline | CBC News

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...tawa-1.5153903
    Last edited by KC; 07-06-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

“band of miscreants in the UCP”

Link please.

When you say; “ in the UCP ” it sounds like you’re saying elected members are involved. Or are you saying partly officials? Or random card holding members? Or just joe blow residents that voted UCP?

Alberta starts new ad campaign for troubled Trans Mountain pipeline | CBC News

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...tawa-1.5153903
    You must have missed it.

The UCP government have created a troll farm impersonating British Columbians under the Twitter handle @BCforTMX. Paid for by Alberta taxpayers at a cost of $1.1 million.

https://twitter.com/BCforTMX

Don't worry. I'm sure Jason Kenney and the UCP will find them someplace to meet. After all, they're just a sports team, right Jason?

Royal Canadian Legion bans branches from affiliating with hate groups

The Royal Canadian Legion has released a new policy barring any of its chapters from affiliating with hate groups.

The policy comes a month after CBC News revealed a chapter in northwestern Alberta counted members of the far-right group Soldiers of Odin among its ranks.

The Soldiers of Odin Canada are an offshoot of a neo-Nazi group with the same name in Finland.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...licy-1.5167794

Maybe they can start a Charter School....

I have reported the @BCforTMX account to Twitter as a violation of their terms of service which read:

Impersonation is a violation of the Twitter Rules. Twitter accounts that pose as another person, brand, or organization in a confusing or deceptive manner may be permanently suspended under Twitter’s impersonation policy.
    Source: https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-an...onation-policy

Typical leftists would all rather shut certain people up and censor arguments instead of arguing against them with better ideas.

Whining about how this messaging is being spread only proves how crappy your arguments are.

C2E Continued Contributor

I have reported the @BCforTMX account to Twitter as a violation of their terms of service which read:

Impersonation is a violation of the Twitter Rules. Twitter accounts that pose as another person, brand, or organization in a confusing or deceptive manner may be permanently suspended under Twitter’s impersonation policy.
    Hey Einstein read the bio lmao ... how can they impersonate when they state who they are in their bio SMH gee I wonder why account is still up ... swing and a miss
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

If they wanted to be completely genuine, it would “ab ucp gov for tmx” as they dont represent BC, but I can see how righties would find this completely okay in their minds, even if it doesn't break twitter rules.

I guess the real question in my mind would be why is the ab gov setting up a troll farm trying to act like they represent BCers that are for Tmx?

^i think its more of getting BC residents to show they actually do support TMX. Hence “BCforTMX”.

Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post

Hey Einstein read the bio lmao ... how can they impersonate when they state who they are in their bio SMH gee I wonder why account is still up ... swing and a miss

Definitely no Einstein!!.. LOL
    Animals are my passion.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Typical leftists would all rather shut certain people up and censor arguments instead of arguing against them with better ideas.

Whining about how this messaging is being spread only proves how crappy your arguments are.
    Nothing to do with left versus right, I just don't want your hard-earned dollars being wasted on astroturfing. Don't worry, I've got your back.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buildthemhigh View Post

Definitely no Einstein!!.. LOL
    People are not shown the profile on their Twitter feed, they're just shown @BCforTMX with a stylized and cryptic "A". Where does this say Alberta?

All this from a party that promised "a law that will ban governments from advertising in the run up to an election, and from using tax dollars for partisan ads at any time."

Source: https://unitedconservative.ca/Articl...PNews_Feb12019

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Talking to someone in BC three weeks ago he said 3/4 of BC is on our side. It’s Vancouver and the Island mostly against the pipelines. Half of BC from the Yukon to Fort St. John and Dawson Creek to Williams Lake is oil patch and rodeos just like Alberta.

Are you talking about 3/4 and 1/2 of BC based upon area or population? If you are talking by area, much of northern BC has a higher population of bears than people.

I heard that many of the BC bears, especially grizzlies, would have voted for Kenney and the pipeline.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

^ Quite likely. They'd have had doughboy for supper, though.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

This particular issue isn't even about pipeline or no pipeline, left versus right, or in versus out. This is about whether a government should be in the business of spending taxpayer dollars on partisan advertising campaigns. By extension it's also about a party that promises to do away with this practice and then immediately does the exact opposite once assuming office.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I do know one thing. C2E with all its lefties will be a butcher shop for the UCP and it’s voters. I will likely take a back seat to any political discussion for a while. I was disappointed with the voters of Redmonton in the election. Spent this weekend in Calgary amongst the normal people of Alberta. Had a great time. Sheraton Cavalier. Four pools. Good food. Great view of the Rockies backgrounding the city. The people seem more relaxed and everyone is so friendly. Great city. I love Edmonton, but it does suck. Lol.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 09-06-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Talking to someone in BC three weeks ago he said 3/4 of BC is on our side. It’s Vancouver and the Island mostly against the pipelines. Half of BC from the Yukon to Fort St. John and Dawson Creek to Williams Lake is oil patch and rodeos just like Alberta.
    You’re right, I believe that a slight majority of British Columbians do not take issue with the TMX expansion. I know people all over the province, from Smithers & PG to the Okanagan, Cariboo and the Kootenays, to Vancouver and the island. Here’s the thing that you thick skulled Albertans can’t seem to wrap your heads around: Regardless or whether a majority of people don’t take issue, for most it’s just not that important. In a recent survey of British Columbians on issues facing the province, a full 7% stated it’s a priority. Most people in BC just don’t think about Alberta, Alberta is never in the news in BC except for when the provinces respective governments are picking fights with each other. All stunts like this BCforTMX propaganda does is turn off people who would ordinarily not have a problem with the pipeline because Albertans generally are not overly liked in BC and this is just giving BC’ers more reason to dislike their hillbilly redneck neighbours to the east.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

More hills and more billies there than here. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by GranaryMan View Post
    ^i think its more of getting BC residents to show they actually do support TMX. Hence “BCforTMX”.
    Recall the “Packaged in Canada” of “Product of Canada” label on fish products where the actual fish were imported from fisheries/producers in China, Russia, etc. Garlic too. Garlic out of China but the bottle was labelled so that it sort of implied Canadian sourcing.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Recall the “Packaged in Canada” of “Product of Canada” label on fish products where the actual fish were imported from fisheries/producers in China, Russia, etc. Garlic too. Garlic out of China but the bottle was labelled so that it sort of implied Canadian sourcing.
    I don't think "Packaged in Canada" would be misleading. "Product of Canada", if the fish were from overseas, yeah, that would be misleading, I'd even call it an outright lie.

As for the "BCers for pipelines" front group, it does announce itself as a government of Alberta operation, so unless they have people explicitly making claims about being BCers, when they're not, I don't know if it would violate any twitter rules.

Quote Originally Posted by overoceans View Post
    I don't think "Packaged in Canada" would be misleading. "Product of Canada", if the fish were from overseas, yeah, that would be misleading, I'd even call it an outright lie.

As for the "BCers for pipelines" front group, it does announce itself as a government of Alberta operation, so unless they have people explicitly making claims about being BCers, when they're not, I don't know if it would violate any twitter rules.
    Whatever the fishy labelling was, it complied with the rules. I’m not sure if the lowest common denominator is the best standard to hold oneself to but so be it. It’s a great “heads up” for everyone as to how the players operate.

Gas prices down 40 cents a liter in Vancouver... Thanks Kenney? If you follow conservative logic at least.

The same drop happened in Alberta, but kenneys fans want to believe it was cause he repealed the carbon tax. Lol koolaid

They changed their twitter name to yes to tmx. I guess we were the only ones who could see the issue with the ab gov trying to act like they represent bc

and once again, the ucp has a brain fart, runs with it, realizes it stinks, and quickly/silent changes to what the opposition has been saying

And then denies that they ever did it in the first place. And even if they did, there was never anything wrong with it.

Ahhhhhh, the Trumpian plausibility deniability defence.

Very well executed.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Looks to me like they're still running both accounts: @YesToTMX and @BCforTMX.

I do know one thing. C2E with all its lefties will be a butcher shop for the UCP and it’s voters. I will likely take a back seat to any political discussion for a while. I was disappointed with the voters of Redmonton in the election. Spent this weekend in Calgary amongst the normal people of Alberta. Had a great time. Sheraton Cavalier. Four pools. Good food. Great view of the Rockies backgrounding the city. The people seem more relaxed and everyone is so friendly. Great city. I love Edmonton, but it does suck. Lol.
    What a load of nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From YEG View Post
    What a load of nonsense.
    Its coming from a guy who supports political parties like they are a sports team, and to cheer for another team would be sacrilege, even if that team is about to take away funding for our health care, our children's school, dropping Overtime for all those that work OT in O&G,, and causing massive job layoffs, lowering minimum wage, but giving tax breaks to all his corporate buddies. But rah rah rah, go sports team I once I supported, and so did my parents, so I will never ever consider anything else, because that's the way I always have been, la-la-la-la, also fuc the NDP for trying to fix this province they aren't my team!

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Its coming from a guy who supports political parties like they are a sports team, and to cheer for another team would be sacrilege, even if that team is about to take away funding for our health care, our children's school, dropping Overtime for all those that work OT in O&G,, and causing massive job layoffs, lowering minimum wage, but giving tax breaks to all his corporate buddies. But rah rah rah, go sports team I once I supported, and so did my parents, so I will never ever consider anything else, because that's the way I always have been, la-la-la-la, also fuc the NDP for trying to fix this province they aren't my team!

Well Top_Dawg will point out that we had an election a mere two months ago.

Highest turnout in provincial history.

And two out of three voters gave scarecrow and her crew the ol' double fisted middle finger salute.

In fact the NDs only won in one small geographical area where there was enough government and MUSH sector workers to swing ridings.

Everywhere else they were annihilated.

Top_Dawg can't remember another time where a first term incumbent government got such a stinging repuke.

From what Top_Dawg can see ol' scarecrow got a super easy ride from the media.

Likely out of politeness and pity they never confronted her with any tough questions on where it all went wrong.

Also, big arse is encountering very little push back as he repeals many of the dippers' dipsh*t policies.

So really, their so called fixes didn't resonate with the overwhelming majority of Albertans in the least.

In a time of fake news and misinformation, Albertans were fed a steady diet of it... And now we have what we have.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Dawg View Post

And two out of three voters gave scarecrow and her crew the ol' double fisted middle finger salute.

In fact the NDs only won in one small geographical area where there was enough government and MUSH sector workers to swing ridings.

Top_Dawg can't remember another time where a first term incumbent government got such a stinging repuke.

Likely out of politeness and pity they never confronted her with any tough questions on where it all went wrong.

Also, big arse is encountering very little push back as he repeals many of the dippers' dipsh*t policies.

So really, their so called fixes didn't resonate with the overwhelming majority of Albertans in the least.

Well said!! Especially this...-

Animals are my passion.

She can't even bring herself to say it. "What ever label....whatever..."

Yeah, she's really concerned about LGTBQ kids. She can't even say it. Like it's a label that they should wear around their neck. Or a pink triangle sewn onto their clothes.

https://www.facebook.com/ndcaucus/vi...9283860719748/

In a time of fake news and misinformation, Albertans were fed a steady diet of it... And now we have what we have.
    You’ll have to provide something to substantiate your position as I’d say we weren’t “fed a steady diet of fake news...”

Provide some facts please.

I still find it amusing how bad the ndp lost... I agree the ndp havent had to address how they failed so miserably. With all the issues going on within the ucp at the time how could they have failed so miserably.

Instead of some self reflection we have the ndp continuing the same bs that had them lose. Clearly they havent learned or listened to what matters.

I still find it amusing how bad the ndp lost... I agree the ndp havent had to address how they failed so miserably. With all the issues going on within the ucp at the time how could they have failed so miserably.

Instead of some self reflection we have the ndp continuing the same bs that had them lose. Clearly they havent learned or listened to what matters.
    They’ve been given the boot. Why should they waste their time doing any of that. They are now back in the role of opposition. They’ll maybe self-reflect closer to the next election to broaden their appeal but from the day they got elected it had to be pretty clear that they weren’t likely to be re-elected.

I think they played it pretty straight and honourably and over time people may come to appreciate their attempts at change. Unfortunately, being right at the wrong time is great for looking principled but it isn’t pragmatic. Timing matters.

If oil prices crash and mass foreclosures sweep the province just watch how fast the UCP get labelled as imbeciles.
    Last edited by KC; 11-06-2019 at 08:21 PM.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

I still find it amusing how bad the ndp lost.
    They didn't do that bad, actually. They got 24 seats, which is not much worse than the 30 for the combined conservative parties in 2015.

You’ll have to provide something to substantiate your position as I’d say we weren’t “fed a steady diet of fake news...”

Conservative would have you believe that all the job losses came under Notleys watch when in fact, they came months before she was elected.

Conservatives would have you believe that Alberta controls the price of oil around the world, and somehow the collapse of the oil market in 2015 was Notley to blame

Conservatives would have you believe that all Alberta's economic woes were all tied to Notley getting elected

Conservatives would have you believe that Notley took all their jobs in Oil & Gas away, and that someone Kenney is going to reverse all the automation that has gone into that sector and bring jobs back.

I'd prefer a party keep to it's principles rather than flipflopping on issues like Kenney does.

Conservative would have you believe that all the job losses came under Notleys watch when in fact, they came months before she was elected.

Conservatives would have you believe that Alberta controls the price of oil around the world, and somehow the collapse of the oil market in 2015 was Notley to blame

Conservatives would have you believe that all Alberta's economic woes were all tied to Notley getting elected

Conservatives would have you believe that Notley took all their jobs in Oil & Gas away, and that someone Kenney is going to reverse all the automation that has gone into that sector and bring jobs back.
    Most people realize that oil is a global commodity trade on a market and that the price is controlled by supply and demand. Obviously there’s other factors at play such as banks/pension funds that can buy and store the oil to increase or decrease the supply on a large scale, or producing countries such as russia or saudi that can either flood or dry up the supply at a whim.

The problem with the NDP was their policies. Reviewing the royalty payments was a terrible idea that cause a loss of investor confidence as they believed they could end up with even less profit.

The NDP shutting down coal power and by proxy the mines that produce coal for the plants was another terrible idea during an economic downturn.

Creating the Carbon Tax to take even more money from people already hurting financially was a bad move too. Further to that, believing the Feds would give her a pipeline if she did this was a mistake.

The list of bad decisions goes on, she made economically poor policies no matter how good her intentions were. One of their laws to make it illegal to camp on crown land was downright ridiculous, as crown land belongs to the people.

Yes, and those bad policy decisions continue, but in a different direction.

A lot of the problems the NDP government faced were the results of the previous government and it's fiscal and infrastructure mismanagement.

Wasn't Prentice suggesting a similar royalty review?

understanding that its going to take money to shift away from carbon producing industries and power is what the carbon tax is about, and now that money will be reinvested where the feds want it, not where best for alberta.

Infrastructure yes, there was a lack of investment in it from the previous government. However that doesn’t apply to poor economic decisions on the NDP part.

As for the carbon tax, when you give money back to people who rent they won’t use the money to make their homes more efficient. And the money was never going into shifting away from carbon producing industries or power generation. It was going into building LRT and public transportation in cities and towns.

If they had invested the money into building or subsidizing nuclear power generation, I could have gotten behind the carbon tax.

As for Prentice, I honestly don’t recall if he was calling for a royalty review or not, and even if he was, he never got the chance to implement it.

The money was going towards LRT and changing the coal powered plants to LNG.

Coal for power generation has been dropping in most countries including Canada and the US since the 1990's. It is being replaced by cleaner NG and renewable energy.

It is all part of the grand conspiracy of Notley and Trudeau that have conspired to destroy the coal industry worldwide.

Notley even has Trump helping them.

50 US coal power plants shut under Trump
    https://www.france24.com/en/20190509...ut-under-trump
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 12-06-2019 at 09:47 AM.

NG is still burning hydrocarbons. You cannot say that you’re shifting off them yet still using them.
    Want to make a change, promote nuclear.

^^its why it was so stupid to waste taxpayer dollars by shutting it down early without understanding the contractual cost of doing that, it would have happened anyway as natural gas makes more sense in Alberta today.

They didn't do that bad, actually. They got 24 seats, which is not much worse than the 30 for the combined conservative parties in 2015.
    Thanks to Edmonton. Thankfully people like Eggan, and Hoffman, are way on the other side..it makes me very happy!
    Animals are my passion.

If you couldnt beat the other party with all the issues they had last election then when will you ever beat them again?? I suppose that's why their continuing with the same old bs. Theyve thrown in the towel.

That's what makes their loss worst.

You would think they learned a lesson or two on listening to albertans but it's clear they dont care what Alberta wants/needs.

So shutting down things with contractual costs isn't a good thing? So why did we shut down the oil tankers which will now cost Alberta Tax Payers 2 billion dollars? Even if the pipeline is approved by all levels and construction started, we are years away from it being finished.

What Albertans have shown is that they don't care about political parties that are under investigation for election fraud, etc.

And the price of oil is down about $12/bbl, roughly 20% since Kenney was elected. Why hasn't he done something about it? It's almost as if the premier of Alberta doesn't actually have any control over world oil prices. Hopefully someone told Rachel Notley that it wasn't her fault.

Who am I kidding? Of course it was all her fault. Before she was elected AND after the last election. She's tricky that way.
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 12-06-2019 at 10:39 AM.

NG is still burning hydrocarbons. You cannot say that you’re shifting off them yet still using them.
    Nuclear? Building a nuclear plant requires huge amounts of concrete that requires an enormous amount of hydrocarbon energy resources.

That aside, so where do you want the plants sited and what are you going to do with the waste? Want it in your backyard?

Canada does not have a single long term waste storage site.

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    What Albertans have shown is that they don't care about political parties that are under investigation for election fraud, etc.

And the price of oil is down about $12/bbl, roughly 20% since Kenney was elected. Why hasn't he done something about it? It's almost as if the premier of Alberta doesn't actually have any control over world oil prices. Hopefully someone told Rachel Notley that it wasn't her fault.

Who am I kidding? Of course it was all her fault. Before she was elected AND after the last election. She's tricky that way.
    Kenney has a solution. He is creating a new ocean tanker port in an undisclosed location in Alberta.

If you couldnt beat the other party with all the issues they had last election then when will you ever beat them again?? I suppose that's why their continuing with the same old bs. Theyve thrown in the towel.

That's what makes their loss worst.

You would think they learned a lesson or two on listening to albertans but it's clear they dont care what Alberta wants/needs.
    The NDP party has never listened, thats why JT reminds me of the NDP party, he is clueless
    Animals are my passion.

Alberta showed the ndp the door for failing to listen to issues that needed to be addressed for every day albertans.... instead of reflecting on their historic loss they ndp have dived even deeper on the same issues that didnt resonate during the election.

Where is that going to get them?

Many anti fossil fuel advocates only want to talk about reduction, and not what is eventually needed which could very likely involve nuclear and population reductions.

Life in a democracy is tough isn’t it.

Yup. People are entitled to choose their leaders by whatever criteria they choose. Hitler was democratically elected.

Maybe we need a new law that states when a party is elected, any ongoing criminal or ethical investigations are ended. The people have spoken.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Do you feel someone is going to gas you? Pretty paranoid kk.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Many anti fossil fuel advocates only want to talk about reduction, and not what is eventually needed which could very likely involve nuclear and population reductions.
    You like nuclear and population reduction. Be careful what you wish for. Lol. How about central Edmonton goes first. We won’t miss you out in the burbs. 🤪. (only kidding of course) 🤐
    Last edited by Drumbones; 12-06-2019 at 03:22 PM.

You like nuclear and population reduction. Be careful what you wish for. Lol. How about central Edmonton goes first. We won’t miss you out in the burbs. ��. (only kidding of course) ��
    Why do you say I like nuclear and population reduction?

Are we talking science and reality? Or are we to be talking based on our sensitive, touchy-feely beliefs?

Also I live in the burbs.
    Last edited by KC; 12-06-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Nuclear? Building a nuclear plant requires huge amounts of concrete that requires an enormous amount of hydrocarbon energy resources.

That aside, so where do you want the plants sited and what are you going to do with the waste? Want it in your backyard?

Canada does not have a single long term waste storage site.
    So making steel to create the new NG infrastructure at the power plant doesn’t require a huge amount of hydrocarbon energy resources?

Even mining out the rare minerals for lithium batteries and solar cells doesn’t require massive hydrocarbon energy?

As for where the plant is put, it wouldn’t even bother me if they put it right where the coal burning ones are at Wabamum. Today’s nuclear reactors are built with more safety protocols, than the current ones we all think of.

As for the waste from the plant, until a long term disposal site is built in Canada, what’s wrong with paying the Americans to store it in their facilities? Rather that then buy electricity from them.

Also, I am not on the climate change bandwagon as my employment is in hydrocarbon extraction. I’m simply arguing that if you say you want to eliminate carbon production, you dont do it from switching from one hydrocarbon to another.

I’m simply arguing that if you say you want to eliminate carbon production, you dont do it from switching from one hydrocarbon to another.
    But if your goal is to reduce carbon emissions, switching away from coal is a no-brainer.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Natural gas is a way cleaner fossil fuel than coal an a logical evolutionary step in energy development. My power engineering is a little shaky on this one, but if I recalls, CH4 efficiently burned is something like half as intensive on CO2 emissions as the combustion of the type of coal you find in central Alberta. It does make sense.
    There was no need to change that plaque. We are the City of Champions.

HOW CLEAN IS LNG?

Burning LNG in power plants produces roughly 40 percent fewer greenhouse gas emissions compared with black coal. This is based on a series of studies that compared the total lifecycle emissions of both fuels based on extraction, production, shipping and burning in power plants overseas.
    LNG also has a higher energy value, meaning it generates more electricity per tonne than black coal.
    Studies have compared Australian LNG and black coal exported and burned in Chinese power plants to test LNG’s advantage in emissions, particularly when displacing coal.
    The results vary but for LNG produced in Australia, a higher portion of the emissions are from the LNG production process than digging up and shipping black coal.
    For example, Australia produces about 20 million tonnes of LNG a year and 500 million tonnes of black coal and a smaller portion of brown coal. Total emissions from the nation’s LNG production total about 8 million tonnes versus about 27 million tonnes for the entire coal mining industry.
    A 2008 report by consultancy WorleyParsons for Woodside Petroleum found that LNG generated 7.1 megawatts/hour per tonne versus 3 MW/hr for black coal when both fuels were burned in high-efficiency power plants.
    Overall, the emissions intensity for LNG burned in a combined-cycle gas turbine plant was 0.44 tonnes and 0.72 for black coal burned in a power plant with an ultra-super critical boiler, rising to 1.02 tonnes for a sub-critical plant.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/aust...ergyNewsrpc=43

Most people realize that oil is a global commodity trade on a market and that the price is controlled by supply and demand. Obviously there’s other factors at play such as banks/pension funds that can buy and store the oil to increase or decrease the supply on a large scale, or producing countries such as russia or saudi that can either flood or dry up the supply at a whim.

The problem with the NDP was their policies. Reviewing the royalty payments was a terrible idea that cause a loss of investor confidence as they believed they could end up with even less profit.

The NDP shutting down coal power and by proxy the mines that produce coal for the plants was another terrible idea during an economic downturn.

Creating the Carbon Tax to take even more money from people already hurting financially was a bad move too. Further to that, believing the Feds would give her a pipeline if she did this was a mistake.

The list of bad decisions goes on, she made economically poor policies no matter how good her intentions were. One of their laws to make it illegal to camp on crown land was downright ridiculous, as crown land belongs to the people.

This guy gets it.

Top_Dawg will say that one big thing not mentioned is Bill 6.

Top_Dawg still shakes his head at the collossal ideological stupidity of the NDs.

Was extending WCB benefits to farm workers ever an issue in this province ?

Ever ?

Who even thought about it ?

Yet the NDs created a huge issue out of it and made it their political hill to die on.

Pissing off an immense constituency that always votes and has memories like elephanrts.

How stupid.

Right after they rammed through Bill 6 Top_Dawg knew it didn't bode well for the NDs.

There were no more protests.

Because the farmers' minds were made up.

They were just waiting until April 2019.

In his classiest moment yet, Kenney hands out ear plugs during a lengthy debate session. Just wow.

Im sure the few party loyalists here are probably smirking.

The word "class" should not be used in conjunction with the name of The Grifter unless coupled with "worst in class" (referring to his anti-gay stance in San Francisco) or "at the bottom of the class" (when he flunked out of school).

In his classiest moment yet, Kenney hands out ear plugs during a lengthy debate session. Just wow.

Im sure the few party loyalists here are probably smirking.
    I prefer to call them Kool Aid drinkers. Striking similarities to that other clown's supporters in the U.S.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

C2E SME

I wonder if the opposition will wear nose plugs.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

I think I know the solution to kenneys problems. Just spend recklessly like the ndp. Throw money at everything.. have no fiscal restraint on things.

I think I know the solution to kenneys problems. Just spend recklessly like the ndp. Throw money at everything.. have no fiscal restraint on things.

The NDP have been rambling on, over every bill. They couldn't see a joke if it bit them in the bum..lol

Boy they really hate they are so powerless..
    Animals are my passion.

C2E SME

The UCP operate at a junior high level of maturity.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

This is sounding a lot like democrats vs republicans in the USA, and will never stop until a left of centre party is back in the Leg. Hang on tight guys, it may be a very long long ride back in the rumble seat.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cat View Post
    The UCP operate at a junior high level of maturity.
    I think the average junior high school student has a better grasp of environmental & social issues than the bible school dropout & his posse of regressive illiberals.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Aha, see what I mean.

Jason Kenney is factually a bible school dropout.

UCP policies are regressive by intent & illiberal by design.

These two things aren't really up for debate.

Aha, see what I mean.

I do..LOL
    Animals are my passion.

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post

And yet, he can still string a sentence together, far better than a part time drama teacher/surfer
    Animals are my passion.

I'm sure he meant it as a light hearted joke, but it really was tone-deaf. Especially so early to being elected in and saying we need to listen to all points of view.

This is sounding a lot like democrats vs republicans in the USA, and will never stop until a left of centre party is back in the Leg. Hang on tight guys, it may be a very long long ride back in the rumble seat.
    You act like the right was happy and quiet when the left was in power?

Aha, see what I mean.

I do..LOL
    The irony here is your posts about JT and Notley

its quite puzzling trying to see those on the right attempt to claim moral superiority now that they are in power, completely ignoring all the vitriol that has spewed from their mouths for the past 3-4 years

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post

He was?! That's fantastic! I had no idea....is that he looks and acts like such a Southern US Bible thumping polished Turd!!! This made my day!

He studied philosophy at the University of San Francisco, a Jesuit university in San Francisco, California, but failed to complete coursework. During his time in San Francisco, he was interviewed by CNN, for a segment exploring "religious values". In the segment, he was credited as "Jason Kenny – Anti-abortion Activist". He argued against Jesuit professors, including Rev. John Clarke, who declared free speech essential to a university. Allowing pro-choice activists on campus, Kenney argued in the CNN interview, was "destroying the mission and the purpose of this university". In the student newspaper, he suggested that if the school gave a platform to pro-choice groups in the name of free speech, it would have no basis to refuse a similar platform to pedophiles or to the Church of Satan.
    The archbishop rejected the petition that summer, and Kenney never returned to finish his undergraduate philosophy degree.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Kenney

He's also exceedingly proud of his effort to keep people apart from their loved ones, thanks to his bronze age superstitions.

“I became president of the pro-life group in my campus and helped to lead an ultimately successful initiative petition, which led to a referendum which overturned the first gay spousal law in North America,” Kenney said in the clip.
    https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/k...world-aids-day

Revolting & bigoted.

Quote Originally Posted by nobleea View Post
    I'm sure he meant it as a light hearted joke, but it really was tone-deaf. Especially so early to being elected in and saying we need to listen to all points of view.
    when the ndp came to power they pushed through a lot of changes and different bills and they didnt care one bit what the ucp said. I dont see why people are outraged with the ucp when the ndp did exactly the same thing when they took power.

when the ndp came to power they pushed through a lot of changes and different bills and they didnt care one bit what the ucp said. I dont see why people are outraged with the ucp when the ndp did exactly the same thing when they took power.
    Because lefties think they are superior, the right know we are..
    Animals are my passion.

^So, you are right handed, big whoop...

Definition
    conceited - A conceited person has an inflated self-image and perceives himself as incredibly entertaining and wonderful.

Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 21-06-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

in the sense you're using lefties and the right here, they both live on a political moebis strip too self absorbed in their respective righteousness to realize they live on the same side of the paper and they argue over ownership of the same space to everyone's detriment.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Aha, see what I mean.

I do..LOL
    Says the woman who's big complaint about the previous health minister was "She's fat!"

Very revealing how the UCP are so upset about being "forced" to sit in the legislature and listen the democratically-elected Official Opposition. This whole parliamentary democracy thing is just so inconvenient. What's next? Being forced to actually run for re-election?
    "This was a harmless and light-hearted attempt to boost government caucus morale after being forced to listen to the NDP's insults, lies and over-the-top rhetoric for hours on end," Kenney's press secretary Christine Myatt said in a written statement Thursday.
    Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...tunt-1.5183189

Might I suggest the UCP consult their own government's website which has useful information about "how the Alberta government works" and in particular the role of the Official Opposition:
    The role of the Opposition is to critique government activity, propose improvements to legislation, and present itself to the public as an alternative to the party in office.
    Source: https://www.alberta.ca/how-government-works.aspx

These are the same people that walked out while in opposition to avoid a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    in the sense you're using lefties and the right here, they both live on a political moebis strip too self absorbed in their respective righteousness to realize they live on the same side of the paper and they argue over ownership of the same space to everyone's detriment.
    It was a joke, I guess I need a LOL for you. I do think the left come across as knowing it all, when I don't think they/you do.
    Animals are my passion.

Aha, see what I mean.

I do..LOL
    Says the woman who's big complaint about the previous health minister was "She's fat!"
    She's passed fat, she's obese, she calls people sewer rats, they lost the election, shame her frame is still in the picture!
    Animals are my passion.

I do think the left come across as knowing it all, when I don't think they/you do.
    Said without a hint of irony...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast