Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Results 1,401 to 1,416 of 1416

Thread: TV commercials that make me reach for the mute button

Interesting aside on drug ads from https://www.vox.com/2015/9/29/941414...cal-regulation as an example:

These kinds of ads are only found in two countries: America and New Zealand. In the rest of the world, drug companies can peddle their drugs to doctors or raise awareness about diseases their products are meant to address through unbranded campaigns. But only America and New Zealand allow pharmaceutical companies to market prescription drugs directly to potential patients.

Now, the reason the ads are so absurdly structured — and a frequent target of parody — has to do with how they're regulated. In the United States, companies need to warn people of all the potential risks of their drug, and advertise only the indication for which the drug has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. (Some drugs have multiple potential uses, but only one or two have been specifically sanctioned by the FDA. The unapproved uses are called "off-label" and can't be advertised.) That's why you see commercials extolling a drug's potential benefits — and then slamming you with a laundry list of side effects.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

C2E Long Term Contributor

Edo Japan's "Don't Be A Ryan" ad campaign is guaranteed to put me off their food for a while
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E SME

The new Lotro Max commercial is goofy.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

That Subway chicken sandwich ad where the nerd is doing a tough voiceover may have started funny but it's become so overplayed now that it's annoying. And mutable.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

If it's not the oversaturation of Subway ads, there's way too much rotation of the ads for Alberta Blue Cross, Leons, ATB Wealth and McDs McMuffins. Makes me wanna chuck my TV out the window.

Get a DVR! It'll change your TV-watching life.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

I used to like the Co-op ad with the "Littlest Hobo" theme song but they're really overplaying it. Also, Canada Day is over now, so they can stop that ad anytime.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Tim Horton's pandering, preaching plant product placement....puke.
    President and CEO - Airshow.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Sonny Boy wanted a beyond meat sausage and egg breakfast sandwich at Tim’s and only ate a bit of it, which is not like him. I said here I’ll try it. I took one bite and spit it out. No wonder he wouldn’t eat it. It was beyond awful. It crumbled up too, like the stuff I’ve been scraping out of the lawnmower with all this wet weather.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 05-07-2019 at 08:46 PM.

I had the same experience at A&W. tried the fake meat burger and couldn’t finish it. ...and I’m pretty good a finishing meals I don’t care for.

However tried the beyond meat burgers at home and like them.
    Last edited by KC; 05-07-2019 at 09:02 PM.

I'd rather C2E than work!

The CIBC commercial with the women walking around wearing ear buds singing horribly.

"Leons?"
    "No, Le Ons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    If it's not the oversaturation of Subway ads, there's way too much rotation of the ads for Alberta Blue Cross, Leons, ATB Wealth and McDs McMuffins. Makes me wanna chuck my TV out the window.
    Maybe a sign that you’re watching too much TV.

At least I have a life outside of C2E, unlike yourself

C2E SME

Happy thankful valentines and anniversary too...
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

The one where the woman has headphones on and she's "singing," ordering coffee, riding with others in an elevator. uggh.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415