Thread: Edmonton Wikipedia Article

I'd rather C2E than work!

Default Edmonton Wikipedia Article

The Wikipedia article on Edmonton has been rated as B-grade due to the lack of a section on the economy.

If anyone has some solid information, both present and historical, on this area and would like to contribute to the article it would be greatly appreciated.

The entry can be viewed here

Let's work at editing the page and making it a great article! Calgary's is considered a GA...let's top that

C2E Continued Contributor

I think we need some better photos (season, festivals, fort edmonton, downtown, and others)

Quote Originally Posted by Brentk
    I think we need some better photos (season, festivals, fort edmonton, downtown, and others)
    That's a good idea, but should go into a separate gallery article. The main article needs to stay concise.

C2E Continued Contributor

I think we should place better pictures in that are concise. Then add where needed the extra photos.

The article made it to GA status!

By all means, if you enjoy to Wiki at all come and lend some help. I've started a 'to do' list in the discussion page.

Wikipedia is not the end all for info, and there was an article about it recently where the info because its added to by users is not allways the most credible source, so keep that in mind when using it.. If we dont like what it says we have the option to go and make corrections to it,,
    Love Your Freedom?
    Thank a Vet

C2E Hard Core Contributor

This is a very old thread I know... but for some reason I read the Edmonton wikipedia article. It is really bad. Cites some data from 2001, seems pretty outdated in general, and fails to capture the City accurately in my opinion. If anyone has some editing capabilities I think the article could use a revision. I might try to put some time into it myself this weekend.

Excellent!

Years ago Id added what I thought was some interesting information and left it at that. Years later when I read it I saw that only a bit of my information survived.

Cross-ref:

c2e on Wikipedia

http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showt...e-on-Wikipedia
    Last edited by KC; 02-01-2018 at 09:39 PM.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Anyone remember the days when the headlining photo at the top was just some car zooming around at whatever racetrack that was, with the downtown skyline viewable in the very distant background? God, that was awful, and it stayed there forever.